• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#101 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

Dropped the files that were in the TDD- folders into the override...then wondered if they'll function, since the installer was supposed to biff 'em. Will this be an issue?

Started a new test game, with a female Half-Elf C/M (Priest of Mystra) as the main character. I notice there are several spells I've never seen before, but I don't know what mod added them. Also in party: custom female Human Shapeshifter druid, Minsc, and Imoen (I dismissed Jaheira right after she joined the party). About to talk with the genie in the crystal room, then explore the halls and hopefully see additional monsters wandering around.

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#102 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

The files should be biffed and we'll have to find out why they weren't. For the Mac versions, are there files in the data folder with the BIF extension? The biffing is contained in the same batch file as the tisunpack and oggdec but there is another batch file that is deldir.bat which might have to be modified for the BIF to happen.

This isn't a huge problem with a BWP install as they use the Generalized Biffing by the bigg. On the other hand, these mods should not rely on the downloading of other tools and mods just to bif, say if someone wants to play the mod without a whole bunch of other mods and not relying on the BWP.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#103 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

The files should be biffed and we'll have to find out why they weren't. For the Mac versions, are there files in the data folder with the BIF extension? The biffing is contained in the same batch file as the tisunpack and oggdec but there is another batch file that is deldir.bat which might have to be modified for the BIF to happen.

This isn't a huge problem with a BWP install as they use the Generalized Biffing by the bigg. On the other hand, these mods should not rely on the downloading of other tools and mods just to bif, say if someone wants to play the mod without a whole bunch of other mods and not relying on the BWP.

Yes, the data folder contains only .bif files. I'll take another look at the contents of tisunpack for TDD. As for oggdec, that is never used under Mac OS X; we use sox instead. I saw deldir.bat, and created deldir.sh from that file. I'll take another look at the contents of that file as well. Is there a way I can determine if the game can use the files that didn't get biffed (the ones I dropped into the override folder)? Just something I can test, and not bother saving the game?

For my purposes, my goal is to install a large number of mods, and I'm required to install each one individually and manually, following the instructions in BiG World v9.0 english.pdf to install each mod. I'm skipping BGT, NeJ, and TuTu, as I lost my BGI and ToSC game discs years ago, so my playing is limited to BGII - SoA/ToB :(

Test game continues. Party encountered the two groups of Bugbears in the halls that lead to the library room in Irenicus' dungeon. All is well for now...

Thanks,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#104 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

Contents of TDD-TISBIFF.sh as I have it now:

#!/bin/bash
shopt -s nocaseglob
ulimit -d unlimited
PATH="/BGII - SoA:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:./Install-tools"

cp -fR TDD/tisunpack .
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD9X00.tis TDD/TIZ/DD9X00.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD0118.tis TDD/TIZ/DD0118.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD0119.tis TDD/TIZ/DD0119.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD0200.tis TDD/TIZ/DD0200.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD1000.tis TDD/TIZ/DD1000.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD1200.tis TDD/TIZ/DD1200.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD1401.tis TDD/TIZ/DD1401.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD1900.tis TDD/TIZ/DD1900.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD2001.tis TDD/TIZ/DD2001.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS1/DD2300.tis TDD/TIZ/DD2300.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3000.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3000.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3300.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3300.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3304.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3304.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3305.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3305.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3314.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3314.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3334.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3334.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3335.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3335.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3336.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3336.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3337.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3337.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3338.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3338.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3501.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3501.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3503.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3503.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3602.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3602.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD3603.tis TDD/TIZ/DD3603.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD4002.tis TDD/TIZ/DD4002.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS2/DD4003.tis TDD/TIZ/DD4003.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD5000.tis TDD/TIZ/DD5000.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD5401.tis TDD/TIZ/DD5401.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD8000.tis TDD/TIZ/DD8000.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD8001.tis TDD/TIZ/DD8001.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD8013.tis TDD/TIZ/DD8013.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD9201.tis TDD/TIZ/DD9201.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD9400.tis TDD/TIZ/DD9400.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD9501.tis TDD/TIZ/DD9501.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DD9601.tis TDD/TIZ/DD9601.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DDKIV1.tis TDD/TIZ/DDKIV1.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/DX2001.tis TDD/TIZ/DX2001.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/MM5102.tis TDD/TIZ/MM5102.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS3/MM5103.tis TDD/TIZ/MM5103.tiz
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO05.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO05.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO06.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO06.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO07.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO07.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO08.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO08.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO10.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO10.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO25.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO25.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO27.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO27.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO28.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO28.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO29.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO29.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO30.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO30.TIZ
tisunpack -s -h -o TDD-TIS4/ARPO31.tis TDD/TIZ/ARPO31.TIZ
rm -f tisunpack.exe

mv -f override/*.ogg TDD-WAV
cp -fR TDD/OGG/*.* TDD-WAV/
cp -fR TDD/sox TDD-WAV/
cd TDD-WAV
for file in *.ogg; do sox $file ${file%.[Oo][Gg][Gg]}.wav; done
rm -f *.ogg
rm -f sox
cd ..

mv -f override/*.ARE TDD-ARE
mv -f override/*.WED TDD-ARE
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-ARE
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-ARE

mv -f override/*.BAM TDD-BAM
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-BAM
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-BAM

mv -f override/*.BCS TDD-BCS
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-BCS
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-BCS

mv -f override/*.CRE TDD-CRE
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-CRE
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-CRE

mv -f override/*.DLG TDD-DLG
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-DLG
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-DLG
bash TDD/deldir.sh DLGCASH

mv -f override/*.ITM TDD-ITM
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-ITM
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-ITM

mv -f override/*.BMP TDD-MOS
mv -f override/*.MOS TDD-MOS
mv -f override/*.PLT TDD-MOS
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-MOS
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-MOS

mv -f override/*.2DA TDD-RULE
mv -f override/*.CH* TDD-RULE
#::move override/*.IDS TDD-RULE
mv -f override/*.WMP TDD-RULE
mv -f override/*.EFF TDD-RULE
mv -f override/*.VVC TDD-RULE
mv -f override/*.PRO TDD-RULE
mv -f override/*.STO TDD-RULE
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-RULE
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-RULE

mv -f override/*.SPL TDD-SPL
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-SPL
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-SPL

weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-TIS1
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-TIS1

weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-TIS2
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-TIS2

weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-TIS3
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-TIS3

weidu-mac --out TDD-TIS4 --biff-get-rest AM1100.WAV AM1100N.WAV
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-TIS4
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-TIS4

mv -f override/*.WAV TDD-WAV
weidu-mac --make-biff TDD-WAV
bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-WAV

echo "" 
echo "Installation complete." 
echo "" 

echo -n 'Press RETURN to continue...'; read

For this file (and possibly others), what exactly is "cp -fR TDD/tisunpack ." supposed to achieve? There might be another way to write it for Mac OS X.

When it comes to moving files from one directory to another, the UNIX for Mac OS X mv command has this syntax:

mv old new

Here, "old" is the old name of the file and "new" is the new name. mv writes over existing files. If you want to keep the same filename, you need only give mv the name of the destination directory. To move a file named intro.doc from its present working directory to your Desktop, for example, use mv intro.doc ~/Desktop.

What exactly is mv -f supposed to achieve? There might be another way to write it for Mac OS X as well (I'm concerned about the -f in this case).

I'd also like to know what exactly bash TDD/deldir.sh TDD-ARE (and the others in the listing above) is supposed to achieve, though I suspect it's meant to delete the directory (folder) in question. If that's the case, we would instead write this as rm -r, which is the command to remove a directory and everything in it. If the directory is empty, remove it by using rmdir dirname(s) instead.

So, we'll need to do a bit of translating to create Mac versions of batch files, due to differences in the names of commands and programs under OS X's UNIX (BSD) base.

Thanks,
Eric

#105 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Just made it out of Irenicus' dungeon and into Athkatla's Promenade. TDD appears to be functioning properly. Party encountered a kind of wraith just before the bridge that leads to the room where Khalid's corpse is found, as well as an ettin (Bungle) and a couple other monsters (were they ogres?) in the area that leads to the dungeon exit.

Is there anything specific I should watch for, or anything I can do, to verify that TDD is functioning properly in this test game?

[Edit]I suppose one way to test is to jump the party to one of the "DDxxxx" areas via the CLUAConsole, so I'll try that, now that the party is out and about. I'll still need to know what else I can do, though, before declaring success with TDD and moving on to SoS :) [/Edit]

Thanks,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 26 April 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#106 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

Just made it out of Irenicus' dungeon and into Athkatla's Promenade. TDD appears to be functioning properly. Party encountered a kind of wraith just before the bridge that leads to the room where Khalid's corpse is found, as well as an ettin (Bungle) and a couple other monsters (were they ogres?) in the area that leads to the dungeon exit.

Is there anything specific I should watch for, or anything I can do, to verify that TDD is functioning properly in this test game?

[Edit]I suppose one way to test is to jump the party to one of the "DDxxxx" areas via the CLUAConsole, so I'll try that, now that the party is out and about. I'll still need to know what else I can do, though, before declaring success with TDD and moving on to SoS :) [/Edit]

Thanks,
Eric

For more info, take a look at the walkthrough for testing quests and NPC's. I don't want to get off topic with TDD quests and how to start them.

http://www.sorcerers...walkthrough.zip

Edited by Hoppy, 26 April 2010 - 06:25 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#107 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Thanks,
Eric

For more info, take a look at the walkthrough for testing quests and NPC's. I don't want to get off topic with TDD quests and how to start them.

http://www.sorcerers...walkthrough.zip

Thanks, I'll check it out (just downloaded it)!
- E

#108 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

TDD test game update:

Bernard has the additional items for sale, as he should.

The salesman in the Five Flagons Inn will sell a map, but the area does NOT appear on the worldmap. What should I do about this?

Adario appears in the Copper Coronet, as he should (didn't talk to him yet).

Upon entering the City Gates area, a Kender approaches and talks to the party. I may have selected the wrong dialog choice, as he told the story of how he came to Athkatla, then the conversation ended, and he vanished. I'll try again, so I can buy his map and see if it adds an area to the worldmap.

That's where things stand as of now. Testing will continue.

Thanks,
Eric

#109 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:11 AM

Three more TDD CTDs to report:

1. Attempting to enter Athkatla's Temple District is causing a CTD right when I click on the area in the city map.

2. Attempting to save the game when the party is on the glass that covers a lake, after talking to the Sending of a mage and before entering the doorway to the next area, causes an immediate CTD (no save progress, just the crash).

3. Attempting to enter the area via the doorway mentioned above gives a CTD, but first I hear the sounds of an inn for a second or two.

Please advise on how to solve these issues. I'm guessing, based on past experiences, that perhaps some files didn't get copied to where they're needed. In the case of the Temple District, does TDD replace that area, or modify it by adding the character who's supposed to appear in the Order of the Radiant Heart? Where should I look, if at all, for a file with bad data?

Thanks,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 28 April 2010 - 06:24 AM.

#110 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

TDD test game update:

Bernard has the additional items for sale, as he should.

The salesman in the Five Flagons Inn will sell a map, but the area does NOT appear on the worldmap. What should I do about this?

Adario appears in the Copper Coronet, as he should (didn't talk to him yet).

Upon entering the City Gates area, a Kender approaches and talks to the party. I may have selected the wrong dialog choice, as he told the story of how he came to Athkatla, then the conversation ended, and he vanished. I'll try again, so I can buy his map and see if it adds an area to the worldmap.

That's where things stand as of now. Testing will continue.

Thanks,
Eric

The Kender should drop the map and I can't remeber if dialog choices effect this action or not. May have a look in the future.

Sounds like stores and dialogs work. Now to your next post which is going to be fun...

- King Diamond

#111 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

1. Attempting to enter Athkatla's Temple District is causing a CTD right when I click on the area in the city map.

2. Attempting to save the game when the party is on the glass that covers a lake, after talking to the Sending of a mage and before entering the doorway to the next area, causes an immediate CTD (no save progress, just the crash).

3. Attempting to enter the area via the doorway mentioned above gives a CTD, but first I hear the sounds of an inn for a second or two.

Please advise on how to solve these issues. I'm guessing, based on past experiences, that perhaps some files didn't get copied to where they're needed. In the case of the Temple District, does TDD replace that area, or modify it by adding the character who's supposed to appear in the Order of the Radiant Heart? Where should I look, if at all, for a file with bad data?

Thanks,
Eric

All three of these problems relate to the same problem you had with Soubar. TDD patches entrances, doorways and whatever bullshit to existing areas, not overwriting.

Did the temple crash before in your last install? You know the Worldmap mod is required to be installed for your areas to work don;t you? You must have it extracted as TDD 1.13 would have stopped immediately if Worldmap 7.1 was not extracted (extracted not installed).

That will resolve some area crashes and allow new locations to be visible. Soubar needs the Worldmap too anyway so you might as well use it and it will convert your saves, you will just have to get the maps or go through dialogs again so keep an early save. That will properly update your worldmap as you playthrough but you may want to start a fresh game to avoid any bogus already set global crap and CLUA your brains out.

Small Teeth pass sounds hosed and the problem may be a corrupt creature (again by script).

Edited by Hoppy, 28 April 2010 - 07:59 PM.

- King Diamond

#112 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

Thanks,
Eric

All three of these problems relate to the same problem you had with Soubar. TDD patches entrances, doorways and whatever bullshit to existing areas, not overwriting.

Did the temple crash before in your last install? You know the Worldmap mod is required to be installed for your areas to work don;t you? You must have it extracted as TDD 1.13 would have stopped immediately if Worldmap 7.1 was not extracted (extracted not installed).

That will resolve some area crashes and allow new locations to be visible. Soubar needs the Worldmap too anyway so you might as well use it and it will convert your saves, you will just have to get the maps or go through dialogs again so keep an early save. That will properly update your worldmap as you playthrough but you may want to start a fresh game to avoid any bogus already set global crap and CLUA your brains out.

Small Teeth pass sounds hosed and the problem may be a corrupt creature (again by script).

Temple area didn't crash before, and there is a folder called Worldmap in my game folder. Inside are three files: map_mods_trans.tra
map_mods_links.tbl
map_mods_areas.tbl

Don't know if that's all from the 7.1 mod you mentioned, so I'll see about installing that for good measure. I'll keep the saved game that I already have, but still start a new game after installing the Worldmap.

[Edit]
I do have BP-BGT Worldmap 7.1 extracted, but not installed. Will proceed to install it before starting a new test game.
[/Edit]

Thanks,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 28 April 2010 - 08:47 PM.

#113 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

Just installed the Worldmap. Everything installed successfully, but at the end, mosunpack couldn't process, because it's an .exe file, and even TextWrangler shows the contents as a bunch of nonsense characters. However, I don't see any .mos files in the BP-BGT Worldmap package. We'll see what happens with the next test game, which I'll likely begin tomorrow.

This is taking forever...but hopefully will be worth it :)

- E

#114 -Hop-

-Hop-

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

Just installed the Worldmap. Everything installed successfully, but at the end, mosunpack couldn't process, because it's an .exe file, and even TextWrangler shows the contents as a bunch of nonsense characters. However, I don't see any .mos files in the BP-BGT Worldmap package. We'll see what happens with the next test game, which I'll likely begin tomorrow.

- E

Yeah, pretty much 90% of the mods you are going to install are going to have EXE and or batch files that are begun from the internal when WeiDU has finished doing its thing. OGGDEC, TISUNPACK, MOSUNPACK are all necessary or the installation does not complete. I can relate this to force stopping the WEiDU installation before those external program command finish so stuff ends up missing.

Everything you do here in porting to Mac will have to be done with many mods.

#115 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

- E

Yeah, pretty much 90% of the mods you are going to install are going to have EXE and or batch files that are begun from the internal when WeiDU has finished doing its thing. OGGDEC, TISUNPACK, MOSUNPACK are all necessary or the installation does not complete. I can relate this to force stopping the WEiDU installation before those external program command finish so stuff ends up missing.

Everything you do here in porting to Mac will have to be done with many mods.

Some of those components I know how to handle. Oggdec becomes sox, tisunpack is already supplied with WeiDU. I've never seen or heard of mosunpack before, though; there's no such tool in the WeiDU download. So, I don't know at this point what to do about that.

TDD and SoS strike me as using a more complicated installation scheme than any other mods I've seen, perhaps due to their reliance on batch files. To my novice mind, it would simplify things to have most tasks performed straight from .tp2 files, and perhaps not even bother compressing/packing audio and visual files. There's likely an advantage to the way things are done with these mods, though, and I'm simply unaware of it ;)

Specific to TDD: I'm concerned now that some files may not be where they're needed, since mosunpack didn't work.

Thanks,
Eric

#116 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

TDD and SoS strike me as using a more complicated installation scheme than any other mods I've seen, perhaps due to their reliance on batch files.

Add BGT, RoT, CTB and TS-BP to that list. Try checking with Lollorian about his BWP BIFF work and see if that is something we can try. We can't just throw out biffing from any of these mods and expect someone to download another BIF mod to finalize their install. Lollorian just did something for the BWP that eliminated the BIFF shit from each individual mod. You'll still have the other problems like with Worldmap maybe.

- King Diamond

#117 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:00 AM

TDD and SoS strike me as using a more complicated installation scheme than any other mods I've seen, perhaps due to their reliance on batch files.

Add BGT, RoT, CTB and TS-BP to that list. Try checking with Lollorian about his BWP BIFF work and see if that is something we can try. We can't just throw out biffing from any of these mods and expect someone to download another BIF mod to finalize their install. Lollorian just did something for the BWP that eliminated the BIFF shit from each individual mod. You'll still have the other problems like with Worldmap maybe.

I see. Of those you mentioned, I plan to install only RoT and TS-BP. I'll see what Lollorian has to say about all this.

Thanks,
Eric

#118 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

Running another test game for TDD. Party just got to Waukeen's Promenade. Wiped out group on second level of Inn of the Seven Vales, shopped from Mira, visited Adventurer's Mart (some new items for sale in Ribald's inventory), then saved just outside Circus Tent. On a whim, I used the CLUA to move the party to area DD8000. They arrived on a rather large area map that was all patchwork terrain tiles, with monsters and named NPCs standing in various locations. My MC (M/T) hid in shadows to explore the map; I was able to walk her all the way to the right, then down quite a ways, then the game crashed with an Assertion Failure (don't recall the exact one). It said a tile was accessed when not loaded. Never saw that before!

I'll try this again, but instead of exploring so far, I'll interact with each creature on the map that I can, and see what happens. I noticed that it's possible to move out of the area at the borders of the map, so maybe I'll try that, too (probably get another CTD).

Thanks,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 02 May 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#119 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

The error message I get when the game crashes with the party headed to the SE corner of area DD8000 is:

An Assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp
at line number 1397
Programmer says: Tile data accessed
when not loaded

Lovely. Clearly, something is wrong with the area map. Creatures appear, interact with the party, and fight, and I notice that some areas of the map can't be walked across, but all I see on the entire map is a collection of random ground tiles.

Can this be fixed? DD7000 didn't appear this way, fwiw.

Thanks,
Eric

#120 -Hop-

-Hop-

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

I believe it to be individual tile issue or a problem with the TIS. No idea how to fix this is it is installing properly.