Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#521 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Edit 2: Xan bg1npc quest with the slavers can apparently get hosed by a dialog bark (one of the random ones) that xan emits between talking to the slavers and the doe appearing. The doe no longer initiates "dialog" to xan (though she still points to him).

About this, the code has an interjection for Kivan at this point... what was he doing at the time? :unsure:

Also what version of BG1NPC did you install? v19 is out but the G3 project page hasn't been updated ;) Maybe this is fixed in that? :unsure:

Also, would it be possible to create a new thread where you report the bugs in your playthrough? :P This thread is for fixed fixes so... :ermm:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#522 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

Kivan wasn't in the party. The problem is that the sequence is not continuous. You talk to the slavers (this is before the showdown, so it's in the first area), then you go to normal game THEN the doe spawns and tries to initiate dialog with Xan.

Problem is, Xan had a interjection (one of those random ones) in the space between -> doe can't trigger the conversation.

I avoided it by waiting for the interjection that Xan started before talking to the slavers.

BG1NPC v19.

Edit: also, there was no bug with the crossbow (check post).
Will do about the new thread if i note other bugs.

Edited by i30817, 19 October 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#523 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

Chronis' SCS Charm fix
Fix: here (added checks for STATE_CHARMED in 2 .baf's in SCS :D)

Kulyok's BG1NPC Xan quest White Doe breakage fix
Fix: here

Wisp's Stone of Askavar - Dystra's Old Tower unknowingly revealed in Worldmap fix

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 20 October 2011 - 05:53 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#524 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

Does the fixpack not apply them if the mod has fixed them since?
Like a version check?

#525 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

Does the fixpack not apply them if the mod has fixed them since?
Like a version check?

It doesn't exactly check the versions but it does seem to understand whether a fix is already been applied :D

If you applied a patch to something that already contains the fix, the CMD screen (and BiG World Debug.txt) gets lines like:
patching file `dq\setup-dq.tp2'
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] 
Apply anyway? [n] 
Skipping patch.
This does fail if the mod decides to officially fix something in a different way than the BWPFixpack (in which case, both fixes might be applied or the patch might outright fail because it doesn't find the lines to patch :D) Cases like this haven't happened though... yet :cheers:

Meanwhile, in fixa-land :D
Wisp's BGT AR3300 Missing Link Fix

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 21 October 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#526 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hey, on the worldmap soa fix you didn't change the tutu version of that file. Does the fixpack not apply to tutu, or is it a oversight?

#527 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Does the fixpack not apply to tutu, or is it a oversight?

The Fixpack applies to BWP games - and BWP games use BGT and not TuTu :P

But for consistency, here's the areas.tbl AND the tutu_areas.tbl :D

ScuD's bigg's Tweaks creating blank scripts fix

Also, mentioning that the BWPFixpack v10.2.1 contains all fixes above this post :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 21 October 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#528 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Please move my mod after BG2Tweaks (that's especially important for the drow item disintegration component. My mod can patch that other component, but instaling BG2Tweaks over my mod could lead to undefined results).

Moreover, the skeleton warriors component works better if installed after the Skeleton Warrior component from IA (at least, until the next version of IA).

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#529 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Gavin's Kickout Hotfix

Sasha Al'Therin's BGTTweak not being PnP with scimitars fix
Fix: here (changed the BORed value to 0b01000000 - so mage-thieves are still affected :D)

More rigorous JUGUE checks for Haiass

Robin Hood's misheard ToBEx subtitle fix

Attached Files

#530 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

Isaya's SoBH BH2103 Rest Spawn Crash fix
Fix: here (like I said before, the BWPFixpack can safely deprecate the entire BoneHillv275 folder because of v2.75b :D... but this fix is new though :P)

EDIT: Deleted attachment! Please use the new .tp2 from here :D

Also, the BWPFixpack might wanna use this BGT.tp2 (that contains Turambar's code) just in case IRv3 becomes included... even if the BWP still uses IRv2, that .tp2 is still usable :D

Edited by Lollorian, 26 October 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#531 -RunQ-

-RunQ-

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Are the latest fixes in the Kivan NPC mod included in the fixpack?

At the bottom of this page, the user "agris" has put together a repackaged v12 of Kivan with fixes:
http://www.shsforums...ed/page__st__80
Direct link to package: http://www.mediafire...6e2tfm0sktzkts2

The BWFixpack does not mention this, so I guess it is not in?

#532 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

the read me is not maintained. You more or less have to read this whole thread to find out hings like that.

#533 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Removed the BH2103 fix above to add in another fix Isaya made :D Get it from here now people!

@RunQ: Yup, they're in :D And yup the readme needs serious loving :ermm:

#534 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

think i will reinstall when weidu is updated to fix that disable_from_key SNAFU. Maybe wait for the fixed Ascension and overhauled BP-Balancer too.

:lol:

Edited by i30817, 27 October 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#535 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

Are the latest fixes in the Kivan NPC mod included in the fixpack?

At the bottom of this page, the user "agris" has put together a repackaged v12 of Kivan with fixes:
http://www.shsforums...ed/page__st__80
Direct link to package: http://www.mediafire...6e2tfm0sktzkts2

The BWFixpack does not mention this, so I guess it is not in?

Excuse me, but if you are talking about Domi's Kivan mod, I assure you that it is most definitely maintained!

If there are still legitimate bugs in the mod, they will be fixed by the mod's maintainer, but in order for that to happen, they need to be reported. Posting something in this thread is no substitute for posting on the mod's forum.

As for repackaging and redistributing an actively maintained mod... you have to be kidding me. That is way, way outside the realm of anything ethical.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#536 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

Faren-Zulaye Crossmod GLOBAL typo

Faren-Luxley Crossmod InParty() fubar

Also, BWPFixpack v10.2.1 doesn't have the spell fix for TS uploaded earlier :P Reattached for convenience-ness :lol:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 27 October 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#537 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

If there are still legitimate bugs in the mod, they will be fixed by the mod's maintainer, but in order for that to happen, they need to be reported. Posting something in this thread is no substitute for posting on the mod's forum.

It was apparently (except the SCS thing that appears to be a Baldurdash bug).

Kivan v12, several things (by Lich/10th):
a)
.d is compiled two times.
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=15270
Solution: Comment out line 427 in the tp2 ( COMPILE ~Kivan/d/P#KIRING.D~ )
b)
Kivan/Edwin Banter bug:
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=20412
Solution: In p#edwid.baf EDWIN has to be substituted by P#kivan at three places.
c)
In connection with Baldurdash the second part of Tombelthen's Journal gets lost, if one installs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4065 // Make the ranger stronghold available to all classes: v15
or another mulit-stronghold-component which gives access to the ranger's cabin.
Solution: in setup-bdtobv168.tp2 line 571 has to be commented out.

Kivan & Deheriana Mod, further problems:
Somebody reported that the mod would overwrite Kivan's soundsets in Bg1. This doesn't cause a ctd or something like that, but Kivan starts to speak a differnt language, depending on the language version.
http://forums.gibber...40
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=22049

Edited by i30817, 27 October 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#538 -RunQ-

-RunQ-

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Excuse me, but if you are talking about Domi's Kivan mod, I assure you that it is most definitely maintained!

As for repackaging and redistributing an actively maintained mod... you have to be kidding me. That is way, way outside the realm of anything ethical.

My sincere apologies, Berelinde. I have had problems with the Kivan mod (yes Domi's brilliant one) in the past, and I have looked at it's forum and it just seemed to be no activity there anymore, and so, now, I turned to the BWFixpack here for questions. But thanks for enlightening me about this, and I will take my questions (and some oddities reports) over at it's actual forums instead.

#539 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

Regardless Berelinde, if you want to check all fixes that the fixpack accumulated for a mod to see if they should be applied or not; the best way is to see into the mod dir inside the "BiG World Fixpack" folder. The diff format is fairly easy to figure out where it applies.

Certainly better than trawling the thread.

BTW Lollorian, it would be great if you'd make a new thread that had the latest and greatest copy of this. You'd edit the first post to link to the file.

Or even better you could take a page out of bg1npc project and create a github project, since you appear to be comfortable with dev tools.

https://github.com/cmorganbg/BG1NPC

That button "ZIP" there allows one to download the current copy always (and you don't have to deal with megaupload, have a offsite repository, can revert things, have a sane history, etc).

git is a bit complicated though (wish there was github for mercurial...).

Edited by i30817, 27 October 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#540 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

Regardless Berelinde, if you want to check all fixes that the fixpack accumulated for a mod to see if they should be applied or not; the best way is to see into the mod dir inside the "BiG World Fixpack" folder. The diff format is fairly easy to figure out where it applies.

No. The best way to get issues corrected is to report them on the mod's forums. Modders and mod maintainers cannot correct issues they do not know about. And they really do have better things to do than haunt this thread. Or download some archive and comb through it looking for things that should have been reported in an appropriate manner. Silently rolling "fixes" into a bundle while excluding the modder from the process is NOT in anybody's best interests, believe me.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum