• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#541 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

There are some slight problems with that actually :P

1) I just modify the actual files for installation, the BWPFixpack uses unified diff .patch files created by Leonardo Watson :D
2) Maintaining a github project on this would mean I'll need to keep a close watch on updated mod releases to deprecate patches that are already applied within the updated mod, which would mean... ummmm :unsure: Ok I admit I'm a lazy ass :P

The best person to maintain this on github/sourceforge or whatever would be Leonardo Watson (who knows? maybe he already has :ph34r:)

... on a side note - I maintain the BWPBorkpack in github :ROFL: (yeah I know... it's stupid :lol:)

@berelinde: I knew I'd forgotten something :P I'll just boom boom on reporting those spell fixes to their forums then aye? :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#542 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

I just gave a alternative to haunt the thread, and all issues were already reported (one in 2008).

I think you're overreacting - people generally report in both places, i try to do.

2) Maintaining a github project on this would mean I'll need to keep a close watch on updated mod releases to deprecate patches that are already applied within the updated mod, which would mean... ummmm :unsure: Ok I admit I'm a lazy ass :P

It would just fail as already applied unless the mod fix was different and applied somewhere else than the patch AND you are extremely unlucky so that it applies cleanly to the targeted code - no different than today when a new version comes after a version of the fixpack.

Granted it's a good idea to prune once in a while. But it needs not be after every new version of 40 mods. Twice a year maybe.

Edited by i30817, 27 October 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#543 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

It would just fail as already applied unless the mod fix was different and applied somewhere else than the patch AND you are extremely unlucky so that it applies cleanly to the targeted code - no different than today.

Umm... I think you confuse me with the maintainer of the BWPFixpack :D (*cough* Leonardo Watson *cough*) :ROFL: I have no stake in the BWP... just contribute small stuff here and there :coolthumb:

You might wanna propose the GitHub idea in the main BWP thread for the BWP peeps to take a gander ;)

Edited by Lollorian, 27 October 2011 - 09:10 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#544 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Ah, but you're the current main maintainer, whether you know it, or not.

It would be much more efficient for you to edit the files, create the patch by diffing the pristine mod and commit the diffs to the repository rather than just posting in this thread, for Leonardo to see, then create a patch, then wait until he has enough fixes to create a new version.

But ok, i won't bother you anymore.

Edited by i30817, 27 October 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#545 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

But ok, i won't bother you anymore.

Lol bothering, you were not :D I'm known to shirk responsibility at the drop of a hat... but I won't go there :devil:

Anyway, this suddenly became a hot thread and it's made the attachments feel ignored :( For reference, BWPFixpack v10.2.1 needs to get stuff from here onwards :D

#546 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Guys, I--and several others--have made it very clear that mods are not to be redistributed without the author's consent here on SHS, and many modders have asked the same for their mods over the internet. It's just common courtesy.

If you want to distribute fixes, that's fine, but do not redistribute mods without the author's consent. It's disrespectful to the work modders have put into mods.

PLEASE post bug-fixes in mod forums. You might not think the mods are maintained, but a lot of the time someone is actually around to repackage them at some point -- especially over at G3.

Cheers.

#547 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Some more script fixes for CtB (exactly the same as the CtB fix here but for different files :D)

Also, did I forget to attach ScuD's tb#rweaks fix before? :unsure:

Attached Files

#548 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

And finally, Vecna's Dead() triggers were borked :D Made them use State() for STATE_REALLY_DEAD from the BG2fixpack... which implies that this fix is BWP-only (unless jube wants to make Vecna dependant on the BG2Fixpack :unsure:)

Attached Files

#549 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

Ok yeah I know :P Triple post yay! But...

Kulyok's Xan-Angelo Crossmod looping banter fix
Fix: here

Attached Files

#550 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

cmorgan's Chloe swords killing their owner... even if it's Chloe fix :D

Tyris Flare breaking King Firkraag's speech

PS: Deprecate all the fixes for TyrisFlare in the BWPFixpack because of new updates and stuff yes? :D

EDIT: I dunno why but the attachments didn't attach the first time :o

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 01 November 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#551 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

And finally, Vecna's Dead() triggers were borked :D Made them use State() for STATE_REALLY_DEAD from the BG2fixpack... which implies that this fix is BWP-only (unless jube wants to make Vecna dependant on the BG2Fixpack :unsure:)

Isn't necessary - you can check the same state with a numeric factor (forget what it is offhand, maybe 4032 but I think you've done the same in other modfixes no? - btw that's a semi-rhetoric question since I very rarely check this thread and probably won't see the answer :o).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#552 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

Isn't necessary - you can check the same state with a numeric factor (forget what it is offhand, maybe 4032 but I think you've done the same in other modfixes no? - btw that's a semi-rhetoric question since I very rarely check this thread and probably won't see the answer :o).

Awesome and noted :D

Meanwhile,
aVENGER's BG2Fixpack Elven Sleep Immunity affecting Unconsciousness fix
Fix: here (but quoted just in case :P)

Spoiler

#553 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Deathsangel's Ariena fix for Jaheira banter lopp

Attached Files

#554 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

OMGH4XX0R NECRO!!1!one! :crazy:

ScuD's SoBH ITM/CRE Fixes

The BWPFixpack seriously needs to update methinks no? :unsure: Lots of stuff got updated making their fixes redundant/potentially harmful...

#555 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:48 AM

The Lol is friggin late :doh:

IRv3 b1.5 Hotfixes (was out on 9/11/11)
- fixes the TOOLTIP.2DA problem so the IR fix in that page isn't needed :P (Nope... DOH! :doh:)

Edited by Lollorian, 17 December 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#556 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

BG1NPC MINSC6.CRE typo

SCSII INI typo

hf_hhg unused sound thing
Fix: hf_hhg\dump\hfrunaway.wav is 9-chars long and becomes unused, rename it to hfrnaway.wav and use attached file before installing (renaming is essential)

BP-Balancer giving 0 XP for lockpicking at levels 1 & 2
Fix: Synergy of mods caused BP-balancer to outright null the XPbonus for lockpicking at really low levels, attached file sets a minimum of 5XP per lock picked at these levels

Attached Files

#557 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Aaaaaaaaand.... :D

Alassa talking crazy on joining

And reuploaded the HF_HHG fix with the renamed WAV (but the BWP can easily rename that using the _rename thing :P)

Attached Files

#558 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

I don't know exactly how BWP is organized, so I'll just drop it in Item Revisions v3 beta 1.6
The tooltip bug does be fixed there.

Retired from modding.

#559 Groover

Groover
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hello EveryBodhi !!!

First post on the forum !

Just a little question:
Are SCS and SCSII folders still needed in BW Fixpack v10.3.5 with SCS v.20 & SCSII v.20 mods ?

Thanks for your answer.

Edited by Groover, 25 December 2011 - 03:14 AM.

#560 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

Haven't tried it yet but I'd reckon yes they're all compatible :)