• 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

I did it manually and it worked. Thanks! :Bow:

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

Your problems are likely due to an unfortunate bug in WeiDU 221. aTweaks ships with WeiDU 220 and if you use that version you should be okay. However, WeiDU performs an automatic update to the latest version when there are different versions present. To downgrade you accordingly need to make sure version 220 is the most recent version in your installation directory.

Or you could just download the latest WeiDU archive(the 'Windows Binary' on windows) and use the WeiDU.exe in it renamed as setup-atweaks.exe ... yeah, because of the errors in v22100, the v22200 was updated this soon.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 JohnMoonlord

JohnMoonlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

aTweaks.exe v3.42 is flagged as a Trojan Horse by my AVG system. After checking the download page, I see that I'm not the only one with the problem (reported as broken for the same reason).

Try as I might, I couldn't find any way to stop the system (either via AVG or the Windows system) from raising an alert for this one.

I use Windows 7-64 and I wanted to use the mod for an BiG World install with BGT.

I previously used aTweaks v3.41 for BG Tutu and everything was fine with it.

The alert came anytime I would open a folder containing the file, as well as when I would select or interact with the file or its archive, and, of course, anytime I would run the setup or installation for BWP, when the program would interact with the file. In this last instance, AVG would even detect multiple threats, showing the aTweaks.exe file more than once. I assume it's because the program checks the content of the BiG World Download folder added to trying to interact with the file.

I tried to let the BWP setup and installation running anyway, but every now and then, an alert would pop up. This might've messed up the installation process (I have yet to make a succesful install, without errors).

Just ask if you require more information.

Thank you

P.S.: I'd really like to use the mod for my install, so I'm gonna wait until the issue is resolved to continue.
"Alright, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what has the humans ever done for us!?"

#24 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

It's a false positive. You can safely ignore it.

#25 JohnMoonlord

JohnMoonlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

It's a false positive. You can safely ignore it.

I thought as much, that's why I tried the installation anyway, but since I can't figure out how to disable the virus alert pop ups (and believe me, I've tried), it just messes up the installation process.

The alert is identified to AVG, so I disabled all of AVG's features. As for shutting it down entirely, I can only do so for a maximum of 15 minutes, then it goes back on automatically. I also tried to put the file in the "accepted" list of AVG, to no avail.

If there is a way to stop the pop ups, aside from uninstalling AVG (which I am not inclined to),I've yet to find it.

Any tip would be great. Otherwise, I'll just wait for the next version of aTweaks and hope for the best. (A sudden stroke of genius would be nice, though! lol)

Thanks
"Alright, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what has the humans ever done for us!?"

#26 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

It's possible, or even probable, that your problem will disappear when AVG rolls out some future update to their heuristics routine. Things are pretty constant on this side. What changes is whether or not the heuristics is dumb and guesses WeiDU is a virus, or dumb and does not guess WeiDU is a virus.

You can also try v3.41 again. Just keep in mind "Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB" does not work properly in versions earlier than 3.42 (but that's the only difference).

You can also try the .zip package, download WeiDU yourself and see if that works.

Edited by Wisp, 05 February 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#27 JohnMoonlord

JohnMoonlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

It's possible, or even probable, that your problem will disappear when AVG rolls out some future update to their heuristics routine. Things are pretty constant on this side. What changes is whether or not the heuristics is dumb and guesses WeiDU is a virus, or dumb and does not guess WeiDU is a virus.

You can also try v3.41 again. Just keep in mind "Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB" does not work properly in versions earlier than 3.42 (but that's the only difference).

You can also try the .zip package, download WeiDU yourself and see if that works.

Already tried both the .zip and the 3.41 version. Problem is that BWP detects neither of 'em in the download folder and insists on having the aTweaks v3.42 application file, from its default download path. In the case of the zip file specifically, once unpacked, the virus alert goes wild again.

Hopefully, an AVG update will indeed solve the problem. Otherwise, I might try out a manual install of my chosen mods instead of using the BWP app.

Thanks

#28 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

I'm surprised you can only disable AVG for 15 minutes, in my experience it usually tops out with "1 hour" or "Until reboot".

#29 JohnMoonlord

JohnMoonlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

I'm surprised you can only disable AVG for 15 minutes, in my experience it usually tops out with "1 hour" or "Until reboot".

Maybe you're aware of an option I'm not. I'll continue searching.

In the meantime, guess what? I just finished running a whole computer scan, and now it identified aTweaks v3.41 as a threat!

This is getting ridiculous...

On the bright side, since I put BG BWP on hold, I decided to install the rest of my Infinity Engine stuff (IWD, IWD2 and PST), all with great success, mods and all!

Always look on the bright side of life. *whistles*

Edited by JohnMoonlord, 06 February 2011 - 11:57 PM.

#30 JohnMoonlord

JohnMoonlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

*sigh* EUREKA!!

I finally found a way to make this work (to make AVG ignore aTweaks, anyway: haven't tried running the whole BWP yet).

I added aTweaks_v342.exe to everything in AVG's advanced settings that looked like an "accepted" or "exceptions" list (3 lists in all: Identity protection's Allowed List; PUP exceptions (Potentially Unwanted Programs); and Resident Shield's Excluded Items). Didn't work at first, but then, I've disabled Resident shield: I was able to execute aTweaks. While Resident Shield was disabled, I added aTweaks to its Excluded Items again and turned Resident Shield back on.

...I was able to execute aTweaks again!

Hope it's gonna stay that way.

Turning off Resident Shield from its own tab, instead of disabling it from the "Ignore Faulty Conditions" tab like I did originally, probably works fine on its own. Most of you guys seem to know all about that already from previous issues with other apps. But adding the file to Resident Shield's Excluded Items while Resident Shield is off seems to solve the issue even when Resident Shield is turned back on, as long as aTweaks remains in the same path.

I'll keep you folks posted if anything else comes up or if further solutions present themselves.

Thank you all for your help!

#31 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:12 AM

I was going to suggest that you try adding the relevant files to your AV's whitelist, but seems you did it yourself! Well done, and thanks for the solution (in case someone else gets knackered) :)

#32 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

Well, I had 1PP and aTweaks installed, and quest Windspear Hills was killed. Despite my PC was female (wild mage) it was Illtha instead Taar. And she didn't answer to Jum about bandits. Quest is stalled.
I remove both mods and replay this area. All is OK. I don't thing 1PP was guilty.

#33 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Well, I had 1PP and aTweaks installed, and quest Windspear Hills was killed. Despite my PC was female (wild mage) it was Illtha instead Taar. And she didn't answer to Jum about bandits. Quest is stalled.
I remove both mods and replay this area. All is OK. I don't thing 1PP was guilty.

I can't reproduce this, nor does aTweaks go anywhere near the Windspear quest, as far as I can tell. I don't suppose you have a list of what mods and what components you had installed when you experienced the bug?

#34 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

Do wild surges have a limited duration?
If yes, it's very possible your PC's gender was changed to male and forced the appearance of Iltha, but when bandits came the effect has weared off and Jum, having correctly recognized PC as female, tried to transit the dialogue to Taar, who's not been there.

Retired from modding.

#35 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

>>I don't suppose you have a list of what mods and what components you had installed when you experienced the bug?
When I return to home I would post. But I had only BG2TweakPack and DBG installed. Weidu.log hasn't options already but I can post options number from debug.

>>Do wild surges have a limited duration?
I didn't cast in this area. And I checked the gender of my PC

Edited by Senka, 21 February 2011 - 09:27 AM.

#36 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

Here
Weidu.log
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1190 // Romance Bug Fixes: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs don't fight: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elves w. leather armour [EFB2]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #1 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elves w. chain mail [EFB3]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #2 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elven cleric w. plate armour [EFC4]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #3 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female elven fighter w. plate armour [EFF4]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #4 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human unarmoured [HFB1]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #5 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human w. leather armour [HFB2]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #6 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human w. chain mail [HFB3]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #7 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human cleric w. plate mail [HFC4]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #8 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human fighter w. plate mail [HFF4]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #9 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human unarmoured mage [HFW1]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #10 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * female human mage w. light robe [HFW2]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #11 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * fixed halfling progression [IFB1, IFB2, IFB3]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #12 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * fix frame error on cleric plate [IFC4]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #13 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * dwarves w. chain mail [DMB3]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #14 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male elves w. chain mail [EMB3]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #15 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male human w. leather armour [HMB2]: v3
// Recently Uninstalled: ~1PP_AVATARS/SETUP-1PP_AVATARS.TP2~ #0 #16 // 1PP: Avatar fixes * male human w. chain mail [HMB3]: v3

And from debug:
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 100 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 101 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 102 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 103 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 110 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 120 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 125 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 130 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 200 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 202 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 218 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 210 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 212 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 301 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 302 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 310 Installed
ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2 0 600 Installed

Installed again... I shall see :)

Edited by Senka, 21 February 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#37 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

Looks like balor's swords still have 15% vorpal chance.

That'd be weird (I think I'm wiping all the old effects and re-adding them from scratch). I'll have a look.

Ah nvm then I was judging by the .itm file. So do I need to edit something else if I want those swords to kill but not to junk?

#38 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

Yeah, you need to edit atweaks/lib/rr#fiend.tph":
LPF ADD_ITEM_EFFECT INT_VAR type opcode = 13 target parameter2 = BIT3 timing probability1 END //Kill target, chunky-style
Change BIT3 to BIT2 and you should get normal death.

#39 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:40 AM

Thanks.

I was modifying the c310.lib in order to recolour the summoned fiends and I noticed listed under bone fiends the melsum02, which is a demon knight. Shall I comment it out?

#40 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

I was modifying the c310.lib in order to recolour the summoned fiends and I noticed listed under bone fiends the melsum02, which is a demon knight. Shall I comment it out?

Can you grab a change-log? They're Bone Fiends in vanilla BG2.