DONE! @_@

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

I was happy with Dalish elf reactions, but City elf - yep, meh. Even Dalish elves only acknowledged that she was an elf like three times, and dismissed it immediately. How do they know she wasn't Dalish? Do they know all members of all clans? I mean, my second Dalish elf didn't wear any tattoos, either, as she hasn't come of age, but her they liked.

#62 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

Ascension:

Spoiler

Qwinn

#63 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

Cool, good to know. Then at the end,
Spoiler
, I'll have to try that.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#64 Undead_Phoenix

Undead_Phoenix
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

Well I have to say that, despite not living up to expectations in anyway, not enough banter between NPCs, far too few interjections by party members and not enough 'grey'ness, Dragon Age isn't bad. Not bad at all.

Still, I have a few reservations about the ending that my playthrough got me with my Dwarf Commoner. Let's start, shall we?

1. Morrigan:
Spoiler

2. The general heroic ending:
Spoiler

3. Paragon status and Rika: To me, this was the largest dissapointment in the endings.
Spoiler

So, after defeating the Blight, what next?
Spoiler
Just one sad, bitter Dwarf with nowhere to go, noone to turn to, and nothing to fight for,
Spoiler

But Shale's few sayings are almost worth the game alone. :whistling:

No rest for the wicked.

#65 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Just a quick question. As I finished the game I wondered:"Do I like Morrigan because of her character or because she's voice by Claudia Black...I DON:T KNOW" did anyone else get that feeling? XD
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#66 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

I am done. Got to do a lot of the quests, got the 'requiter', 'sidetracked' and 'hopeless romantic' from the first play through. :devil:

Well I have to say that, despite not living up to expectations in anyway, not enough banter between NPCs, far too few interjections by party members and not enough 'grey'ness, Dragon Age isn't bad. Not bad at all.

Ouh, not enough banters? Did you actually listen the party members chatter about what ever when there was nothing much going on(no enemies at sight, picking up items from holes in cave the deep roads, traveling up the hill at the Red Cliff, etc).

Spoiler
...But Shale's few sayings are almost worth the game alone.

Spoiler

Hmm, I shall play the game with Shale then-....

Just a quick question. As I finished the game I wondered:"Do I like Morrigan because of her character or because she's voice by Claudia Black...I DON:T KNOW" did anyone else get that feeling?

That's 2 questions...
Do I like Morrigan because of her character or because she's voice by Claudia Black? The obvious answer is: Yeah. ^_^
Did anyone else get that feeling? Hell no.

How did I get the hopeless romantic from the first play through? Mods people, mods. The actual fun thing is that when you then disable the polygamy mod and then force load the game, you'll get the right romance conflicts... try it people, you really should.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 December 2009 - 11:20 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#67 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

I am done. Got to do a lot of the quests, got the 'requiter', 'sidetracked' and 'hopeless romantic' from the first play through.

Hey! You'd need two playthroughs for "hopeless romantic", a guy and a girl - Morrigan doesn't do girls and Alistair isn't into boys!
You cheater, you! :D

Ouh, not enough banters? Did you actually listen the party members chatter about what ever when there was nothing much going on(no enemies at sight, picking up items from holes in cave the deep roads, traveling up the mountain at the red cliff, etc).

Actually, yes - there are subtitles for that. And if you have the same party throughout the game, they pretty much run out of banters mid-game.

#68 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

Hey! You'd need two playthroughs for "hopeless romantic", a guy and a girl - Morrigan doesn't do girls and Alistair isn't into boys!
You cheater, you! :D

You might think so, but actually no. I did tell you that I used mods.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 December 2009 - 11:17 PM.

#69 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Meaning cheating. :)

#70 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:08 AM

I finally completed City Elf origin(I was very curious to see how people would react to my PC who made a decision her family wouldn't like) - and guess what?

Spoiler-y!

City Elf Female's family is IMMORTAL!

- When I met Shianni at the Alienage(Defending the Alienage during the final battle, Hurlock General), I tried killing her with like seven Fireballs and Cones of Cold(friendly fire), and it never worked. Her life just snaps to zero, but she continues fighting that ogre! She could take an Archdemon all on her own, I tell you!

- During the Alienage Slave quest during the Landsmeet, I found out that my heroine's father wouldn't talk to her(whoops!), so I just reloaded and asked the slaver to kill the slaves and give my PC more Con. Guess what? In the epilogue, my heroine's father showed up healthy as you please! Very much alive, too.

So... don't mess with Alienage elves, people. It's blood magic, I tell you. They are EVIL.

(And about money: siding with Lord Vaughn in City Elf origin brings you 120 gold in total(40 in the origin+80 later in prison), while any other origin can only get 40 gold from Lord Vaughn, when you meet him in prison. The negative is, of course, the timing: it happens very close to the end of the game, when you really don't need these kinky rings and daggers That Much).

Oh! A fun thread at GameSpot: Duncan is the Evil Mastermind Behind All This.

#71 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

City Elf Female's family is IMMORTAL!

Kudos to you, Kulyok, you get a cookie today, because that post just made me laugh out loud. For real.
I guess I should've asked Shianni to fight with me instead of telling her to head for some shade...

PS. That thread at GameSpot *is* kinda funny: I've always thought that it was kinda odd, but necessary to the story, that Duncan was always in the right place at the right time, but to suggest that he actually instigated the events in the origin story... that goes a bit far. Now to say that Duncan's an *expletive*, that goes **way** too far for my tastes!

Edited by Eleima, 15 December 2009 - 07:33 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#72 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

Ugh.
That IGN thing...
I'm allergic to such in-depth speculation (even humorous xD )about characters' motivations.

Duncan is a character, and therefore also a plot device. He is where he needs to be, when he needs to be there. Obviously.
It's a matter of the writers making sense, or not making sense, not of Duncan being nefarious, not unless it's actually written...

#73 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:13 PM

Bad writing = unintended interpretations. Our minds are attuned to making sense. When something doesn't make sense, a different hypothesis is bound to occur.

#74 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:09 AM

Duncan is a character, and therefore also a plot device. He is where he needs to be, when he needs to be there. Obviously.
It's a matter of the writers making sense, or not making sense, not of Duncan being nefarious, not unless it's actually written...

Do you people even know why the Gray Wardens have the Right of Conscription? It's to try to save the unsaveable, to spare their lives of the criminals, so they can die after their crimes have been atoned. Yes the criminal will die after the 30 years after the conscription ritual cause the blood consumed will eventually get them, just like the Legion of the Dead, that openly say they are already dead when they join the legion cause they'll die soon from the blood. So the player is dead from the day they are hired.

And you know, who is to say the Duncan didn't just wish to make the Blight stronger with the help of the player. As it's said in the game, the character will eventually die to the blight, no matter what, unless his/her head is cut already earlier, deeming them unsatisfactory...

Say now, Duncan knows about Flemeth and what she is, what she wants and so forth. Now as he says, he is going to die soon, so he is still partially human, but wants someone to champion for the blight... no body actually even touches him in this fight, it's made to look like he dies, but where is his flying and cut of head, no where.
...and the player will eventually be the most cunning and powerful champion the world has, so when she/he is dead, they'll turn into the most cunning and powerful Blight infected creature in the world, the Hurlocks could be humans reborns, the Genlocks could be dwarf reborns, as the Arch Demon is a high dragon infected with the Blight. That's why there is so many Blighted creatures in the Deep Roads, the dwarves and the Gray Wardens keep sending more in.
The reason why the arch demon takes about 350 years to respawn is that the dragon needs that long to grow adult and die to the Blight. See the plot. :P

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 December 2009 - 01:11 AM.

#75 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:42 AM

Bad writing = unintended interpretations. Our minds are attuned to making sense. When something doesn't make sense, a different hypothesis is bound to occur.

Yes. They're quite often known as 'crackpot theories'. Reality isn't that great written either. ^^

@Jarno

You ass. xD

#76 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

>.> Duncan is a bit shady....personally I find him intriguing...mostly because he's just a question mark in the DA universe >.>(to me)
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#77 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

So finally, a month after everyone else, I finished it. First playthrough was my human noble warrior, Viktor, who was very much out and proud. Played the good path, for the most part - tried to be a good friend to all companions, romanced Zevran (faithfully, even - Viktor's not much interested in girls), but
Spoiler
. Although it went against his better nature, I wanted a happy ending and so
Spoiler
. Decided to go back to the Grey Wardens at the end, taking Zevran with him (awww).

I liked the game very much. I think I did most of it - there were a few small quests I didn't manage to finish but I got the bulk of it done. Viktor is the character I'll be most inclined to want to play Awakening with - I was very fond of him. I also made him kinda hot. ;)

And now I've just started a new game with Thorn, a female city elf rogue. I'm not usually a fan of elves - in D&D they're the Mary Sue race - but in DA they're a bit more interesting. I also, despite being female, prefer playing male characters, but I think I'll have some fun with this one. Planning on romaning Leiliana this time. Alistair and Morrigan will have to wait for another game.

#78 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

I've now completed DA as every Origin, and all told, I'm pretty pleased with the writing, especially if you choose to sacrifice yourself at the end - I feel it's the most natural and meaningful end. That said, I think I find Anora much more sympathetic than a lot of people do, and my human noble enjoyed the opportunity to
Spoiler

Also, getting Anora and Alistair to marry is pretty easy - just have enough Coercion to talk them both into it, don't betray Anora, and if Alistair hasn't been hardened, kill Loghain yourself. If you *have* hardened Alistair, you can even spare Loghain - Alistair will still leave the party, but if he's hardened, he'll stay as Anora's fiance.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#79 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

I got most of those endings on my last runthrough - my noble had high coercion and was able to talk most people into almost anything. The only thing that didn't end so well in the epilogues was Orzammer (
Spoiler
).

I definitely want to try
Spoiler

#80 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:28 AM

My usual team in my last game (with a male noble warrior) was Alistair, Wynne and Zevran (Zev because my noble was romancing him - plus he's funny).
In my new game I'm playing a city elf rogue so I guess Zev will be replaced by Morrigan or another tank.