bug with Gerde quest, BGT 1.09

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 -lsass.exe-

-lsass.exe-

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi

There's a bug in the ar8300.bcs. It checks the dead ankhegs with NumDeadGT() but does so with the cre-name (AnkhegG) and not the assigned DV (Ankheg). Therefore the global variable "HelpGerde" is never set and one cannot finish her quest.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

Can you do a --change-log on ANKHEGG.CRE (see #6 of http://www.shsforums...r-the-megamods/ )? What you describe does not happen on a vanilla BGT installation.

AR8300.BAF
IF
  NumDeadGT("AnkhegG",0)
  Global("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",1)
END

Setup-BGT.tp2
COPY + ~override/ANKHEGG.CRE~ ~override~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~~ #8 //class script
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~AnkhegG~ #32 //script name

Edited by Ascension64, 09 June 2010 - 12:42 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:46 AM

From bg1npc.tp2: (line 2866)
COPY_EXISTING  ~%tutu_var%ankheg.cre~  ~override~
                 ~%tutu_var%ankhegg.cre~ ~override~
                 ~%tutu_var%ankhegq.cre~ ~override~
    WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~ankheg~ #32 //  death variable
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

:cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:56 AM

And there she blows... what does BG1NPC use that DV for?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:31 AM

Something related to Kivan :P

bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#kiint2.baf
/* Kivan Ankhegs */
IF %BGT_VAR%
AreaCheck("%FishingVillage%")
Global("AnkhegCount","%FishingVillage%",1)
Global("P#KivanAnkheg","GLOBAL",0)
NumDead("ankheg",10)
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("P#KivanAnkheg","GLOBAL",1)
END
bg1npc\phase2\baf\p#fw1400.baf
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("AnkhegCount","%FishingVillage%",0)
GlobalGT("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AnkhegCount","%FishingVillage%",1)
SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEG","GLOBAL",0)
END

IF %BGT_VAR%
InParty("faldorn")
!StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("X#FaldornAn10","%FishingVillage%",0)
NumDead("ankheg",10)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#FaldornAn10","%FishingVillage%",1)
END

IF %BGT_VAR%
InParty("faldorn")
!StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("X#FaldornAn11","%FishingVillage%",0)
NumDead("ankheg",11)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#FaldornAn11","%FishingVillage%",1)
END

IF %BGT_VAR%
InParty("faldorn")
Global("X#FaldornAn12","%FishingVillage%",0)
NumDead("ankheg",12)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#FaldornAn12","%FishingVillage%",1)
END

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 -lsass.exe-

-lsass.exe-

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

hm, I guess I should've looked at more than just the area script. :D I just compared it to my old almost-vanilla BGT v1.07 installation and noticed that the way the quest is done was changed. so I just asumed...

sorry and I take back everything I wrote. ^^

#7 Inebane

Inebane
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:52 AM

So what do I do to finish the quest now? I took it after clearing the nest, so I killed less then 10 on this map and with no respawns it looks like I am borked, because when I talk to her I get the "Can't stomach the action...". Tried spawning some ankhegs with CLUA, but she doesn't seem to care how many I kill...

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:57 AM

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADAnkheg",10)
or maybe:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADAnkhegG",10)

:cheers:

#9 Inebane

Inebane
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

Neither of the commands seem to work. After typing I get:

lua: toLua - argument 3 of function 'SetGlobal' should be of type 'long'
Active Stack:
Active Stack:

I also checked Global Variables with ShadowKeeper and SPRITE_IS_DEADAnkheg got value 20 for me, so it seems it kept counting all those ankhegs I killed, but to no avail...

EDIT: Checked CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("P#KivanAnkheg","GLOBAL",1) as well and got msg from Kivan saying that we have killed enough, but she still says that I "can't stomach the fight..." - grrrr!

SUCCESS: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",1) made Gerde realize I already did the job and she gave me my reward. The downside is that she left the map afterwards... is she needed for any other quest later on?

Edited by Inebane, 18 June 2010 - 06:18 AM.

#10 -ModMaker-

-ModMaker-

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

SUCCESS: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",1) made Gerde realize I already did the job and she gave me my reward. The downside is that she left the map afterwards... is she needed for any other quest later on?

That's true, she will dissapear from Fishing Village after this quest. No, she is not neccesary for any other quest.

Another bug with BG1NPC: if you go from Farm (where are Zombies) direct to the Wyrm's Bridge in chapter 2 - you CAN reach Baldur's Gate City earlier in the game and all those related quest, without Nashkel Mine incident investigation, because you appear on the other, locked in this chapter, side of the bridge. Don't know - BG1NPC is responsible or some native bug.

#11 -ModMaker-

-ModMaker-

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

That's true, she will dissapear from Fishing Village after this quest. No, she is not neccesary for any other quest.

Another bug with BG1NPC: if you go from Farm (where are Zombies) direct to the Wyrm's Bridge in chapter 2 - you CAN reach Baldur's Gate City earlier in the game and all those related quest, without Nashkel Mine incident investigation, because you appear on the other, locked in this chapter, side of the bridge. Don't know - BG1NPC is responsible or some native bug.

Thanks for the solution anyway. :Bow:

Is there more bugs with BG1NPC later on the game? Maybe i should delete this buggy mod?

#12 -ModMaker-

-ModMaker-

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:04 AM

Sorry, dude. I'm wrong. She WILL be neccesary later on the game in Fento(e)n's Ankheg Shells Quest in BG City. He will ask you to find this Gerde right in the Fishing Village again! If you use BG1NPC MOD, just set global variable "HelpGerde" to "2", and probably this quest will be available to you from Fenten. "1" means you kill 10 ankhegs but didn't got your 75 GP reward from Gerde in Fishing Village.

#13 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

It doesn't happen to me... what's your weidu.log? do you have the worldmap with revised travel times? that changes quite many area links, so it might, in this case, solve the issue

concerning gerde... maybe, removing EscapeAreaDestroy(90) from her dialogue (gerde.dlg) would work?

The variable HelpGerde is also set to 1 by the ankhegg.bcs script. The problem is that ankhegg.cre don't use that script.

My ankhegg.cre change-log is:

Mods affecting ANKHEGG.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 5 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Principale: 1.09 (8 May 10)
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v18
00002: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 4 2400 // Gli oggetti dei nemici si frantumano: 9 (31 Dec 09)
00003: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v5
00004: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 410 // Realistic random treasures -> Only intelligent creatures get random scrolls: v5

but none of the backups (I had only three though) had that script assigned.
The original bg1 ankhegg uses it as a class script (and ankheg.bcs as a race script), but it has been replaced by agrandrb.bcs ; what's that? we could append it to ankhegg.bcs and restore the ankhegg.bcs script for ankhegg.

I've also noticed that the last state of her dialogue (may shaundakul guide you) is repeated three times

Edited by Turambar, 27 August 2010 - 05:27 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#14 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

I think this code should solve the problem of the unfinishable Gerde quest, without CLUAC-ing

//fake file to pe appended
<<<<<<<< Turambar_obj_weapon/script.bcs
%cont%>>>>>>>>

COPY_EXISTING ~ankhegg.cre~ ~override/ankhegg.cre~
PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x280 BEGIN
	READ_ASCII 0x250 clscr							//memorize other class script in use
	WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ANKHEGG #8						//correct class script
END
BUT_ONLY

ACTION_IF NOT "%clscr%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~~ THEN BEGIN		//if there was another script

COPY_EXISTING ~%clscr%.bcs~ ~override/%clscr%.bcs~		//from game biffs
		size = SOURCE_SIZE
		READ_ASCII 0 cont (size)					//read all of it
	BUT_ONLY									//no need to modify that

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ankhegg.bcs~ ~Turambar_obj_weapon/script.bcs~	//ankhegg script now also contains the other class script
		EVALUATE_BUFFER
END

With this, ASA you kill an ankhegg, the HelpGerde variable should be set to 1:

IF
	Die()
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",1)
END

Edited by Turambar, 27 August 2010 - 07:37 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

Please follow-up with the topic at http://forums.gibber...howtopic=20878.
Your solution above reverts the fix that BGT originally made to ensure Gerde's quest was always completable. The Die() trigger can be erroneous at times.

--------------
Retired Modder

#16 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:25 PM

Sorry, dude. I'm wrong. She WILL be neccesary later on the game in Fento(e)n's Ankheg Shells Quest in BG City. He will ask you to find this Gerde right in the Fishing Village again! If you use BG1NPC MOD, just set global variable "HelpGerde" to "2", and probably this quest will be available to you from Fenten. "1" means you kill 10 ankhegs but didn't got your 75 GP reward from Gerde in Fishing Village.

He should only ask you to go and find gerde if you haven't helped her yet:

NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
ReactionLT(LastTalkedToBy,FRIENDLY_LOWER)
ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy,HOSTILE_UPPER)
!Global("HelpGerde","GLOBAL",2)

Otherwise, he will buy your ankheg shells (once).
So, the fact that gerde EscapeArea() does not interfere with fenten.

What I think is the problem here is that (at least in the Italian version) Fenten says he'll give you 250 gold for each ankheg shell. And here's the answer:

SetGlobal("HelpFenten","GLOBAL",1)
TakePartyItemAll("MISC12") // Guscio di ankheg
GiveGoldForce(250)
It seems that he gives you 250 gold, regardless of how many shells you take him.
Moreover, the HelpFenten variable prevents you from selling him other ankheg shells.

Is it a translation error, or does that also happen in English?

Please follow-up with the topic at http://forums.gibber...howtopic=20878.
Your solution above reverts the fix that BGT originally made to ensure Gerde's quest was always completable. The Die() trigger can be erroneous at times.

Ok, I'll have a look there.

Edited by Turambar, 28 August 2010 - 11:39 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#17 -ModMaker-

-ModMaker-

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

Just one question, could you tell me how can i return back this ankheg shells exploit (sell each shell for 250 GP) with only use of CLUA? Which variables should i edit? Wanna trade this shells with both Fenten and Beregost's Smithy shop. Just for fun. Not multiple armors, i have a lot of shells which i get on spawning ankheg's when was trying to avoid the bug, for little profit, i assumed, i can sell them.

So, if i will CLUAed HelpGerde to "1" and done quest by myself (talk to her, and she dissapears), i'll have no quest from Fenten, right? So be it.

About ankheg shells price in BGT - both Smithy from Beregost and Fenten buy any amount of shells you got in inventory for ONCE and fixed price (500 and 250 GP), and after that (don't know how it looks in scripts) they refused to buy this type of loot. In original version there was an exploit, that allows you to sell any amount of shells for 250/500 GP each item (drop all items on the floor besides one in your inventory and then sell, repeat to profit).

#18 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:23 AM

Just one question, could you tell me how can i return back this ankheg shells exploit (sell each shell for 250 GP) with only use of CLUA? Which variables should i edit? Wanna trade this shells with both Fenten and Beregost's Smithy shop. Just for fun. Not multiple armors, i have a lot of shells which i get on spawning ankheg's when was trying to avoid the bug, for little profit, i assumed, i can sell them.

SetGlobal("HelpFenten","Global",0)
when he buys your shells, the variable is set to 1; if the variable is not 0, he won't buy

So, if i will CLUAed HelpGerde to "1" and done quest by myself (talk to her, and she dissapears), i'll have no quest from Fenten, right? So be it.

exactly; he'll directly buy your shells

About ankheg shells price in BGT - both Smithy from Beregost and Fenten buy any amount of shells you got in inventory for ONCE and fixed price (500 and 250 GP), and after that (don't know how it looks in scripts) they refused to buy this type of loot. In original version there was an exploit, that allows you to sell any amount of shells for 250/500 GP each item (drop all items on the floor besides one in your inventory and then sell, repeat to profit).

Yes, I know. I think that, if you read what he says, the one in bereghost should buy or turn to armor just one (and the others should remain in your inventary); then, he should not notice the shells any more

Fenten should always take one and give 250, and behave like the shop of nashkell with wolf furs.

Do you agree that they should behave like that? I could write a tweak for that...

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#19 -ModMaker-

-ModMaker-

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Yes, I know. I think that, if you read what he says, the one in bereghost should buy or turn to armor just one (and the others should remain in your inventary); then, he should not notice the shells any more

Fenten should always take one and give 250, and behave like the shop of nashkell with wolf furs.

Do you agree that they should behave like that? I could write a tweak for that...

Exactly, what i'm talking about)))

One guy on Bioware Forum had already written that kind of tweak (including infinite amount of armors), but link is dead...

And maybe you know CLUA-variables for Beregost's Smithy? I'm in second chapter right now)))

#20 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

And maybe you know CLUA-variables for Beregost's Smithy? I'm in second chapter right now)))

it should be MakeArmor

but there are some other variables like the rotting timer,... so be careful when you use it; and don't sell while he's making the armor.

Anyway, I'll only make the fentenfix, otherwise it'll be too cheaty; you can still put all ankhegs in some container and pick them later.

Here it is! a fix for Fenten's dialogue!

Edited by Turambar, 31 August 2010 - 12:03 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg