Turambar fixes and tweaks 1.8.1

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

Wow! Between that and the "I'm on 2 lists and can't recover" error that seems to be doing the rounds these days, I'm starting to wonder if there's a list of all the things the Programmer can say :ROFL:

On a similar note, we need a mod that adds more random stuff to the loading screens :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#62 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:47 AM

@Turambar: Will provide more information in the next days. I know the .cre from Kiara/Zaiya when I see it. At the moment I need to recover from the weekend... :cheers:

@Lollorian: Will do that, will open new thread (hopefully this week), since I cannot edit the first post anymore (opened up as guest) and will put more time in bug-stuff instead of translating for the moment.

#63 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

Please have a look here regarding what I said above:
http://www.shsforums...-not-yet-fixed/

#64 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

On a similar vein to the drow dustification code, please consider making mod-added items work for vanilla (and mod-added) recipes?? :D Cromwell, Cespy and any mod-added "smith/crafter" type guys?? ^_^

Inspired from danemanualk's bug report here :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#65 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:59 AM

On a similar vein to the drow dustification code, please consider making mod-added items work for vanilla (and mod-added) recipes?? :D Cromwell, Cespy and any mod-added "smith/crafter" type guys?? ^_^

Inspired from danemanualk's bug report here :D

Thanks for support Lollorian :P I am an obsessive-compulsive items collector from BWP .... so I like when items appear not disappear 8)

#66 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

I'm realy busy these days; hopefully I can have a look at those things next week

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#67 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

I have two messages for whoever's using my mod:
- first, Wisp has released a new version of the Worldmap, which fixes the revised travel times - BGT issues. The Worldmap component has, therefore, become obsolete, and I suggest that you use the new worldmap instead.
This component will be changed into a Tweak - which will still provide an extra link to leave cloakwood mines without having to cross the whole wood - in the next version.

- If you experiment problems in saving the game indoors, at night, or when you've just been in such places, it might be due to some timing problems in my drow component. I'm trying to solve that, anyway, until the new version comes out, it's still possible to fix it whenever it happens. It has to do with a spell (which prevents drow items from disintegrating where there's no sun), which should end and be cast again every 30 minutes in-game time, so waiting for some time usually helps. Anyway, if you ctrl+R all plarty members, unpause, and wait for 1-2 seconds, you should be able to save the game then.

I'm working on the bugs you reported, and I'll include at least some of them in the next version.

Edited by Turambar, 12 December 2010 - 07:18 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#68 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

I get "Installed with warnings" during component "Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration".

Could be nothing and maybe you know about it, but here they are:

Undoing script modifications...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/ar2500.bcs] loaded, 63011 bytes
[./override/TRIGGER.IDS] loaded, 8123 bytes
[./override/ACTION.IDS] loaded, 25216 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [Turambar_fixes_tweaks/BAF/drowdel.baf]
Copying and patching 2 files ...
[./override/baldur.bcs] loaded, 907625 bytes
[./override/OBJECT.IDS] loaded, 1735 bytes
[./override/KIT.IDS] loaded, 4798 bytes
[./override/AREATYPE.IDS] loaded, 181 bytes
[./override/GENDER.IDS] loaded, 228 bytes
[./override/RACE.IDS] loaded, 1044 bytes
[./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 30228 bytes
[./override/GTIMES.IDS] loaded, 1690 bytes
[./override/STATE.IDS] loaded, 2039 bytes
[./override/STATS.IDS] loaded, 4171 bytes
[./override/SLOTS.IDS] loaded, 837 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [Turambar_fixes_tweaks/BAF/drowold.baf]
override/baldur.bcs copied to Turambar_fixes_tweaks/backup/2050/baldur.bcs, 907625 bytes
Copied [baldur.bcs] to [override/baldur.bcs]
[./override/baldur25.bcs] loaded, 133797 bytes
[./override/SNDSLOT.IDS] loaded, 2276 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [Turambar_fixes_tweaks/BAF/drowfpack.baf]

In attachment are my debug and weidu log.

Thanx for your work!!

Regards!

Attached Files

#69 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:37 AM

I get "Installed with warnings" during component "Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration".

Could be nothing and maybe you know about it, but here they are:

Undoing script modifications...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/ar2500.bcs] loaded, 63011 bytes
[./override/TRIGGER.IDS] loaded, 8123 bytes
[./override/ACTION.IDS] loaded, 25216 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [Turambar_fixes_tweaks/BAF/drowdel.baf]
Copying and patching 2 files ...
[./override/baldur.bcs] loaded, 907625 bytes
[./override/OBJECT.IDS] loaded, 1735 bytes
[./override/KIT.IDS] loaded, 4798 bytes
[./override/AREATYPE.IDS] loaded, 181 bytes
[./override/GENDER.IDS] loaded, 228 bytes
[./override/RACE.IDS] loaded, 1044 bytes
[./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 30228 bytes
[./override/GTIMES.IDS] loaded, 1690 bytes
[./override/STATE.IDS] loaded, 2039 bytes
[./override/STATS.IDS] loaded, 4171 bytes
[./override/SLOTS.IDS] loaded, 837 bytes
override/baldur.bcs copied to Turambar_fixes_tweaks/backup/2050/baldur.bcs, 907625 bytes
Copied [baldur.bcs] to [override/baldur.bcs]
[./override/baldur25.bcs] loaded, 133797 bytes
[./override/SNDSLOT.IDS] loaded, 2276 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [Turambar_fixes_tweaks/BAF/drowfpack.baf]

In attachment are my debug and weidu log.

Thanx for your work!!

Regards!

As I probably wrote in the readme (anyway, I'll check if I've really written it), this depends from the WEIDU installer and these warnings (cannot find block matching [...]) can be ignored. Anyway, The Bigg has updated WEIDU in order to allow these warnings not to be displayed (I'll fix this in the next version).

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#70 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

After Clearing the Nashkel Mines, I went looking for those 4 Amazons (Lamahla, Neela and the rest). Elka and Natalka showed up, but the other 2 weren't there. After doing a changelog of AR3900.bcs, I found that it was only NTotSC and your fixpack that changed it. Looking at the backup leftover from the installation, the only change is from this in 00001: ~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ 0 0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu: v1.70a BWP Fix:

IF
Global("NTotSCSpawn","AR3900",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
  CreateCreature("NATALK9",[2248.240],3) // Natalka
  CreateCreature("ELKA9",[2145.205],4) // Elka
  SetGlobal("NTotSCSpawn","AR3900",1)
END

to this in 00002: ~SETUP-TURAMBAR_FIXES_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 12 // Inactive creatures fix: v1.7:

IF
Global("NTotSCSpawn","AR3900",0)
Dead("Mulahey")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
  CreateCreature("NATALK9",[2248.240],3) // Natalka
  CreateCreature("ELKA9",[2145.205],4) // Elka
  SetGlobal("NTotSCSpawn","AR3900",1)
END

Bottom line is, the two Amazons in the code above are spawning, and the other two aren't.

#71 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

@LonerAoshi
Do you have Sword Coast Stratagems installed? If yes, the component Improved Deployment for Parties of Assassins removes them from the area (AR3900).

Component description:
Two groups of assassins (one made up mostly of dwarves and gnomes, one made up entirely of amazons) hang out in the vicinity of Gullykin. This component removes them from there and makes them proactively hunt the party down instead - they'll show up at random times in chapter 3.

As of version 5 of SCS, the assassins only spawn once your main character is above 3rd level. (The way I normally play the game, I'm always above 3rd level by the start of chapter 3, but apparently some people race through chapter 3 and then get slaughtered by the assassins.

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#72 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

Posted Image

Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'll have to go looking for them, because they haven't shown up and it's already chapter 4. It's not like I rushed through Chapter 3 either, I was well above level 3 before getting to Nashkel and afterwards I pretty much cleared all the other areas around it, including Ulcaster, before heading to the mines...

EDIT: Wait, that means that Elka and Natalka should have attacked. They didn't even turn hostile, all they did was follow me around.

EDIT 2: Also, Does BGT mess around with chapter numbers? The SCS readme refers to Mulahey being a Chapter 2 End Battle, when it was chapter 3 for me...

EDIT 3: Just went through baldur.bcs, ignore my questions, I understand when they'll spawn now. Apologies for my apparent idiocy. Elka and Naltalka should have still attacked, though.

Edited by LonerAoshi, 08 February 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#73 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

EDIT: Wait, that means that Elka and Natalka should have attacked. They didn't even turn hostile, all they did was follow me around.
EDIT 3: Just went through baldur.bcs, ignore my questions, I understand when they'll spawn now. Apologies for my apparent idiocy. Elka and Naltalka should have still attacked, though.

The original encounter works like this: you meet a group of 4 amazons, who are all neutral. One speaks to you, and the dialog makes her, and the others, turn hostile.
NT added two of them, but didn't patch the dialog; I changed it so that the two spawn neutral as well, and turn hostile, after the dialogue, together with the others.
Probably, SCS doesn't use that dialogue, and so the trigger I used to make them hostile does not work.
But I think it's easy to correct this, I just need to know how that modified encounter works: do they all appear together, and already hostile; is there any sort of dialogue,...?

EDIT 2: Also, Does BGT mess around with chapter numbers? The SCS readme refers to Mulahey being a Chapter 2 End Battle, when it was chapter 3 for me...

In bgt (perhaps due to how BG2 works), there's no chapter 0. The prologue gets the number 1, chapter one (getting to Nashkel) becomes chapter 2,... and so on

Edited by Turambar, 09 February 2011 - 12:14 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#74 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:29 AM

The original encounter works like this: you meet a group of 4 amazons, who are all neutral. One speaks to you, and the dialog makes her, and the others, turn hostile.
NT added two of them, but didn't patch the dialog; I changed it so that the two spawn neutral as well, and turn hostile, after the dialogue, together with the others.
Probably, SCS doesn't use that dialogue, and so the trigger I used to make them hostile does not work.
But I think it's easy to correct this, I just need to know how that modified encounter works: do they all appear together, and already hostile; is there any sort of dialogue,...?

That's the thing, Lamahla is the one with the dialogue. Since Lamahla isn't there, Elka and Natalka are initally neutral, have no dialogue and therefore no trigger to turn them hostile unless you force-attack them. They just appear together and if they can't see any of the party, actively pursue the party leader until they can, but do nothing further. They still spawn where the original, unmodified encounter occurs, but they move from there as soon as you enter that map, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Also, your fix for Gerde's quest doesn't seem to be working. As far as I can tell, "TuGerde" isn't being incremented here:
IF
 GlobalGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
  IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG","GLOBAL",-1)
  IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG","GLOBAL",1)
  IncrementGlobal("TuGerde","GLOBAL",1)
  Continue()
END
As a result, "HelpGerde" never gets set to 1, which means the trigger for the completed quest dialogue never gets set.. I've killed 9 ankhegs in AR8300 (AR1400 in unmodified BG1), and "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG" is at 15 (because I had killed more elsewhere prior to coming to AR8300, this is correct) and "SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG" is at 0. I've attached my WeiDU log and the version of AR8300.bcs currently in my install.

Attached Files

Edited by LonerAoshi, 09 February 2011 - 02:49 AM.

#75 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

That's the thing, Lamahla is the one with the dialogue. Since Lamahla isn't there, Elka and Natalka are initally neutral, have no dialogue and therefore no trigger to turn them hostile unless you force-attack them. They just appear together and if they can't see any of the party, actively pursue the party leader until they can, but do nothing further. They still spawn where the original, unmodified encounter occurs, but they move from there as soon as you enter that map, as far as I can tell.

So, how does that modified encounter work? Elka and Natalka disappear from the area where they are initially spawned, together with the other girls, immediately, so that normal encounter does not take place.
Then, during chapter 3, what happens when the SCS encounter is triggered? who appears? Does anyone talk? Are the others already hostile when they appear? or what?

EDIT: Also, your fix for Gerde's quest doesn't seem to be working. As far as I can tell, "TuGerde" isn't being incremented here:

IF
 GlobalGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
  IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG","GLOBAL",-1)
  IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG","GLOBAL",1)
  IncrementGlobal("TuGerde","GLOBAL",1)
  Continue()
END
As a result, "HelpGerde" never gets set to 1, which means the trigger for the completed quest dialogue never gets set.. I've killed 9 ankhegs in AR8300 (AR1400 in unmodified BG1), and "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG" is at 15 (because I had killed more elsewhere prior to coming to AR8300, this is correct) and "SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG" is at 0. I've attached my WeiDU log and the version of AR8300.bcs currently in my install.

If you have killed any ankheg elsewhere, they should be normal ankheg, and not ankhegg. Have you killed those on the surface or in the cave? could you attach ankhegg.cre and the .are file?
SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG is always set back to 0 in the end of the script, as it's used, if kivan or faldorn are in your party, to determine if they see you killing too many ankheg. In the end of the script, all ankhegg and tuankheg should be gradually 'changed' into normal ankheg, so that each 'special' ankheg is only counted once.
Your script should work correctly; perhaps, the ankheg in that area are wrong? Are you sure you checked the variable "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG", and not "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEG"?
What are the variables TuGerde and HelpGerde set to?

Edited by Turambar, 09 February 2011 - 04:22 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#76 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

So, how does that modified encounter work? Elka and Natalka disappear from the area where they are initially spawned, together with the other girls, immediately, so that normal encounter does not take place.
Then, during chapter 3, what happens when the SCS encounter is triggered? who appears? Does anyone talk? Are the others already hostile when they appear? or what?

There are actually 2 separate encounters. Originally, in a vanilla BG1 game, there would be four women called Lamahla, Maneira, Telka and Zeela that confronted you in the area where you exited the Naskel Mines. This encounter was modified by SCS to occur later, and that one works fine, there are no problems there. When the encounter happens, all four are initially neutral, Lamahla approaches you, there is dialogue, then all four turn hostile.

With NTotSC, two women called Elka and Natalka spawn according to the code I posted above. Elka and Natalka are initially neutral, and neither of them have dialogue. Thus, they never turn hostile unless you force-attack them. I don't know what NTotSC is trying to do here, it's almost like this was going to be a different encounter but the coding was never finished. Either this is supposed to be a new encounter with its own dialogue, or Elka and Natalka shouldn't spawn in this area at all and their code should be deleted because SCS has moved the encounter entirely (via separate scripting in baldur.bcs).

If you have killed any ankheg elsewhere, they should be normal ankheg, and not ankhegg. Have you killed those on the surface or in the cave? could you attach ankhegg.cre and the .are file?
SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG is always set back to 0 in the end of the script, as it's used, if kivan or faldorn are in your party, to determine if they see you killing too many ankheg. In the end of the script, all ankhegg and tuankheg should be gradually 'changed' into normal ankheg, so that each 'special' ankheg is only counted once.
Your script should work correctly; perhaps, the ankheg in that area are wrong? Are you sure you checked the variable "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG", and not "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEG"?
What are the variables TuGerde and HelpGerde set to?

I don't know if this is because a lot of mods have tried to fix this quest or not, but I have five(!) different ankheg CRE files. I've got ANKHEG.cre, ANKHEG01.cre, ANKHEGG.cre, ANKHEGQ.cre, and TUANKHEG.cre. In this particular area, I killed none of the six on the surface, and all nine in the cave. All nine in the cave are of the TUANKHEG.cre variety, while all six on the surface (that I did not kill) are of the ANKHEGG.cre variety.

The variable "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEG" is at 15, but there is no variable called "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG". There is, however, a variable called "SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG" which is set to zero, as it apparently should be. There is no variable called "TuGerde", and "HelpGerde" is at zero.

I've attached the files (AR8301.are is the cave), but I think I've figured it out. The 9 in the cave should have been ANKHEGG.cre instead of TUANKHEG.cre. That would allow the script to run. Killing TUANKHEG.cre's effectively bypasses the script, meaning that "TuGerde" is never incremented.

EDIT: Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but since you seem to be fixing bugs for NTotSC, there's a very minor bug regarding the journal entry for the quest given by Wenric (farmer in the area north of the bridge to Baldur's Gate). The NTotSC v1.71 patch is erasing the wrong diary entry upon completion of the quest. Instead of erasing the initial entry regarding the quest (StrRef: 91973), it's erasing the completed quest entry (StrRef: 92442). Thanks for all the work you've done so far! Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by LonerAoshi, 09 February 2011 - 07:07 AM.

#77 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

About the amazon assassin group:
Originally they were near the caved-in mine exit. NTotSC added Elka and Natalka via area-script to this group. Some time later SCS is released and modifies the assassin groups in such a way that they are no longer present in the area, resulting in a neutral Elka and Natalka.

Erebusant stated afair in one of the bug-report threads in the DSotSC subforum that he reworked Elka and Natalka. They no longer get spawned via the area script, instead Lamalha's dialogue spawns them.

Unfortunately that reworked encounter like so many things will only be implemented in the next version of NTotSC, which has thus far failed to materialize.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#78 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

There are actually 2 separate encounters. Originally, in a vanilla BG1 game, there would be four women called Lamahla, Maneira, Telka and Zeela that confronted you in the area where you exited the Naskel Mines. This encounter was modified by SCS to occur later, and that one works fine, there are no problems there. When the encounter happens, all four are initially neutral, Lamahla approaches you, there is dialogue, then all four turn hostile.

With NTotSC, two women called Elka and Natalka spawn according to the code I posted above. Elka and Natalka are initially neutral, and neither of them have dialogue. Thus, they never turn hostile unless you force-attack them. I don't know what NTotSC is trying to do here, it's almost like this was going to be a different encounter but the coding was never finished. Either this is supposed to be a new encounter with its own dialogue, or Elka and Natalka shouldn't spawn in this area at all and their code should be deleted because SCS has moved the encounter entirely (via separate scripting in baldur.bcs).

EDIT: Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but since you seem to be fixing bugs for NTotSC, there's a very minor bug regarding the journal entry for the quest given by Wenric (farmer in the area north of the bridge to Baldur's Gate). The NTotSC v1.71 patch is erasing the wrong diary entry upon completion of the quest. Instead of erasing the initial entry regarding the quest (StrRef: 91973), it's erasing the completed quest entry (StrRef: 92442). Thanks for all the work you've done so far! Posted Image

About the amazon assassin group:
Originally they were near the caved-in mine exit. NTotSC added Elka and Natalka via area-script to this group. Some time later SCS is released and modifies the assassin groups in such a way that they are no longer present in the area, resulting in a neutral Elka and Natalka.

Erebusant stated afair in one of the bug-report threads in the DSotSC subforum that he reworked Elka and Natalka. They no longer get spawned via the area script, instead Lamalha's dialogue spawns them.

Unfortunately that reworked encounter like so many things will only be implemented in the next version of NTotSC, which has thus far failed to materialize.

10th

It's due to erebusant's "disappearance" that I wrote these fixes for DS and NT: when I reported aome bugs, and he didn't answer either on forums, or to the PMs I sent him, I posted the corrections I did for my game as a fix-mod.
Elka and Natalka were one of the most buggy encounters in NT: not only they didn't turn hostile when they should, but they also had invalid scripts which prevented them from attacking, even when they turned hostile (eg attacking them), and they spawned too early, before Mulahey's death. As they were almost copies of the other amazons, I believed their behaviour should have been the same as the others, so I just made them neutral again and patched the dialogue of Lamalha, so that it also included the two new amazons in the Enemy() action, which turned them both hostile.
Apparently, SCS tried to correct that exactly the opposite way, by making them hostile and putting them in a completely different encounter. I actually believe, from where they are and the fact that they're almost the same as the other amazons, that their aim was to make that same encounter more difficult (which is not uncommon in NT), and they should all remain together. Anyway, I'll contact whoever (who is it?) supports SCS, in order to solve the compatibility issue.
I could just patch the SCS code in order to make Elka and Natalka appear together with the others (and Lamalha's dialogue would automatically fix their behaviour), but I'd rather ask them first.

I don't know if this is because a lot of mods have tried to fix this quest or not, but I have five(!) different ankheg CRE files. I've got ANKHEG.cre, ANKHEG01.cre, ANKHEGG.cre, ANKHEGQ.cre, and TUANKHEG.cre. In this particular area, I killed none of the six on the surface, and all nine in the cave. All nine in the cave are of the TUANKHEG.cre variety, while all six on the surface (that I did not kill) are of the ANKHEGG.cre variety.

The variable "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEG" is at 15, but there is no variable called "SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG". There is, however, a variable called "SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG" which is set to zero, as it apparently should be. There is no variable called "TuGerde", and "HelpGerde" is at zero.

I've attached the files (AR8301.are is the cave), but I think I've figured it out. The 9 in the cave should have been ANKHEGG.cre instead of TUANKHEG.cre. That would allow the script to run. Killing TUANKHEG.cre's effectively bypasses the script, meaning that "TuGerde" is never incremented.

Actually, that's the expected behaviour, and it's also the reason why there were so many problems with that quest.
Gerde should only notice if you kill ankheg outside, as in the vanilla game (how is she supposed to see through the rock?), and those are the ankhegg.cre.
BG1npc added some angry dialogues (and, in case of faldorn, the possibility for her to leave) if you kill too many ankheg (and used the death variable of normal ankheg). As I find quite unfair that they can get angry, for instance, even for killing ankheg who ambush you while you're travelling, I've introduced TUankheg for those in the cave, which are only counted for NPC dialogues; moreover, gerde's ankhegs are counted by them as well (and that's where the bg1npc broke gerde's quest, bu turning those into normal ankheg). ankhegq is that ankheg with the knife in the area of bg bridge, and ANKHEG
are all other, generic ankheg.
So, just kill an ankheg outside, and her quest will be completed.

Edited by Turambar, 09 February 2011 - 12:46 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#79 LonerAoshi

LonerAoshi
  • Validating
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

I see, I had no idea Gerde was only supposed to take notice of Ankhegs killed outside. In that case, though, I think her dialogue and the journal entry you get when you start the quest need fixing then. Looking at AR8300.are there are intially a total of six Ankhegs outside, though some are only there at specific hours of the day. There's also a dialogue (StrRef: 97005) where Gerde says that there's a limit of four ankhegs per party, though there's no diary entry associated with that saying that you failed the quest. When you first get the quest though, Gerde's dialogue (StrRef: 97002) and the diary entry (StrRef: 91804) state that there's a limit of ten ankhegs per party. One of these is clearly wrong; given that Gerde takes notice only of ankhegs killed outside and there are only six outside initially, it seems that 97002 and 91804 should be changed to four ankhegs instead of ten. I know that more ankhegs could theoretically spawn, but given that two of the initial six are only there for one hour per day each, this seem the most likely. Don't know if that requires any changes in scripting, though.

As for the amazons, I think you've got that right. Though, given that this is a fix, I'm not sure it's within the scope of SCS; if they put it in as part of the tactical component, they're effectively deprecating part of the code of NTotSC.

Meh, it's not like I'm a modder, I'm just a guy that leeches off the hard work of people like you, then moans when something doesn't work (usually because I did something stupid). Posted Image

#80 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

I see, I had no idea Gerde was only supposed to take notice of Ankhegs killed outside. In that case, though, I think her dialogue and the journal entry you get when you start the quest need fixing then. Looking at AR8300.are there are intially a total of six Ankhegs outside, though some are only there at specific hours of the day. There's also a dialogue (StrRef: 97005) where Gerde says that there's a limit of four ankhegs per party, though there's no diary entry associated with that saying that you failed the quest. When you first get the quest though, Gerde's dialogue (StrRef: 97002) and the diary entry (StrRef: 91804) state that there's a limit of ten ankhegs per party. One of these is clearly wrong; given that Gerde takes notice only of ankhegs killed outside and there are only six outside initially, it seems that 97002 and 91804 should be changed to four ankhegs instead of ten. I know that more ankhegs could theoretically spawn, but given that two of the initial six are only there for one hour per day each, this seem the most likely. Don't know if that requires any changes in scripting, though.

It's not so easy, as strings from mods are appended to dialog.tlk in the order they are installed. So, unless you installed the same mods as another person, in the same order, and with the same language, your string 97002 will be completely different from that of anyone else. Anyway, I think I could somehow read the journal entry from the dialogue itself. There is, then, a language problem: BGT exists in many more languages than my mod, and for the others, that would result in a journal entry in English in a quest which is all in their language.

As for the amazons, I think you've got that right. Though, given that this is a fix, I'm not sure it's within the scope of SCS; if they put it in as part of the tactical component, they're effectively deprecating part of the code of NTotSC.

Meh, it's not like I'm a modder, I'm just a guy that leeches off the hard work of people like you, then moans when something doesn't work (usually because I did something stupid). Posted Image

I will ask them what they think about that, and customize my fix so that, if that SCS component is installed, different actions are performed. But first, I need to know the name of the component, if it's in SCS 1 or 2, and who supports that mod.

Edited by Turambar, 10 February 2011 - 12:20 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg