Turambar fixes and tweaks 1.8.1

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:53 AM

The other new components are the first part of the BG1 NPC kit project!
BG1 has plenty of NPCs, and DS and NT add even more: I think that giving them a kit can make them much more unique and enjoyable.

Nice, but shouldn't you be able to do most of that with Level 1 NPCs? Or have you actually customised the kits?

Some kits are actually customized; they are from TDD but I've modified them.
I think that level1npcs is a bit too cheaty, you can choose too much, and I don't like having to level up them whenever they join me. Moreover, it only works with 'standard' characters; finally, you might also fight some of them (you must with Shar Teel; you can kill Ajantis, ...), and if they're level 1 it's quite boring...
Finally, my mod also changes the equipment, to make it compatible with the new kit and new proficiencies

Click here to download this file

Edited by Turambar, 15 September 2010 - 08:00 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

Finally, my mod also changes the equipment, to make it compatible with the new kit and new proficiencies

Pretty sure L1NPCs does this too?

But yeah, you have a point about fighting the L1 characters. I thought L1NPCs might have done (or considered) doing something about that too - at least for Shar-Teel (maybe it makes her unkillable or something at least). If not, maybe it should.

(And it's only "cheaty" if you make it so... I think it basically plays by the rules, but like it says in the readme, obviously it's kind of stupid to make Kagain a paladin :D.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

New version uploaded!! 1.3

I've added some new bard NPCs to the Kit Project (there were really too many normal bards in Beregost and surroundings, with DS and NT, at least now there will be some difference between Keiria, Will, Garrick and Eldoth...), and some new NT fixes.

change-log:

re-installation recommended; if you have a version older than 1.1 please chech corresponding change-log.

- New kits and NPC kits: Cleric of Tempus from NeJ; Kits for Branwen and some BG1 bards
- New NT fixes
- Race fix, to prevent some animals from talking in particular occasions
- Small changes to inactive creatures fix

download link

Edited by Turambar, 20 September 2010 - 07:19 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

Sorry for replying in your thread, but you brought up some valid questions I wanted to address.

I think that level1npcs is a bit too cheaty, you can choose too much

You can choose class/kit (or retain their existing kit) and proficiencies (if you want). What is "too much"?

I don't like having to level up them whenever they join me.

Well, that's kind of the whole point of the mod (why it's called "Level 1") - so you can choose their proficiencies. Otherwise, that would be difficult. If you don't want them to match your level (and want the unmodded NPC level behaviour) then you don't need to install the "level matching" component.

Moreover, it only works with 'standard' characters

Not anymore (as of the next release, it supports a number of modded NPCs).

finally, you might also fight some of them (you must with Shar Teel; you can kill Ajantis, ...), and if they're level 1 it's quite boring...

A valid concern. SCS (I think) just increases the HP of Shar-Teel, which could suffice for her. We could also give her minhp1.itm for the duration of the battle, though perhaps that is somewhat unrealistic (makes her completely unkillable). In the case of Ajantis, by the time you anger him, there is no chance of him joining your party, though as you say, that fight should not be completely easy, so perhaps the HP trick for him would work too (if and when he joins, his HP should be appropriate per his level anyhow).

As I said, I'm quite sure L1NPCs already does this, after looking at the code (and when I say I "looked at the code" I mean I'm practically blind from doing it for the next release :o).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

Sorry for replying in your thread, but you brought up some valid questions I wanted to address.

I think that level1npcs is a bit too cheaty, you can choose too much

You can choose class/kit (or retain their existing kit) and proficiencies (if you want). What is "too much"?

I don't like having to level up them whenever they join me.

Well, that's kind of the whole point of the mod (why it's called "Level 1") - so you can choose their proficiencies. Otherwise, that would be difficult. If you don't want them to match your level (and want the unmodded NPC level behaviour) then you don't need to install the "level matching" component.

It might just be a strange idea of mine, but still I'm not convinced of the level 1 thing: having that many level 1 npcs around, who have 'forgot to level up' although they could, seems unreal to me; levelling them up every time, moreover, means that you can give them different proficiencies with every different character you play with.

Moreover, it only works with 'standard' characters

Not anymore (as of the next release, it supports a number of modded NPCs).

Does it support extra kits as well? I think reading the whole kitlist from kitlist.2da could be useful

finally, you might also fight some of them (you must with Shar Teel; you can kill Ajantis, ...), and if they're level 1 it's quite boring...

A valid concern. SCS (I think) just increases the HP of Shar-Teel, which could suffice for her. We could also give her minhp1.itm for the duration of the battle, though perhaps that is somewhat unrealistic (makes her completely unkillable). In the case of Ajantis, by the time you anger him, there is no chance of him joining your party, though as you say, that fight should not be completely easy, so perhaps the HP trick for him would work too (if and when he joins, his HP should be appropriate per his level anyhow).

There is some difference between 'adding some hP' and changing THAC0, number of attacks,... I think the min1hp item exists in some tweak mods as well.

Anyway, the new version seems nice; probably, it's just some weird idea of myself...

//this attachment is for prowler Attached File  WeiDU.log   1.45K   366 downloads
//the image is for the signature

Attached Images

• WEIRD damage bg2.jpg

Edited by Turambar, 12 November 2010 - 09:28 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#26 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

It might just be a strange idea of mine, but still I'm not convinced of the level 1 thing: having that many level 1 npcs around, who have 'forgot to level up' although they could, seems unreal to me; levelling them up every time, moreover, means that you can give them different proficiencies with every different character you play with.

Well, that's kind of the point of the mod, yes. It is a bit unrealistic, but then so again is immediately being able to acquire new skills just as soon as you get enough experience. Really it makes more sense to have to find an appropriate trainer who can teach you those skills. Who knows - maybe the NPCs were waiting for the arrival of CHARNAME, their saviour, to enlighten them :D.

Does it support extra kits as well? I think reading the whole kitlist from kitlist.2da could be useful

Yes, it should support any kits that are installed before it (always has done).

There is some difference between 'adding some hP' and changing THAC0, number of attacks

Yes - maybe all that could be granted with a custom item that gets destroyed when they JoinParty.

#27 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:33 AM

New version will be uploades in a few seconds... version 1.4!
There is an important compatibility fix, so I'll suggest to re-install at least the tweaks!

change-log:
- Daystar and Tyr's Eye component is now compatible with Item Upgrades
- Bladesinger kit (from TDD, revised; it's now a bard kit and not a fighter kit) and bladesinger option for Keiria
- Allow bard class for elves kit; requires TOBex
- Xvart Village rebalancing (using the new BP script)
- Defensive spin fix (it was dispelled by free action)
- other minor fixes

Download

Edited by Turambar, 06 October 2010 - 05:50 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#28 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

- Bladesinger kit (from TDD, revised; it's now a bard kit and not a fighter kit) and bladesinger option for Keiria

Turambar,
You have missed the concept about Elven Bladesingers. They don't sing or play musical interments. They are not 'Elven Minstrels' a different kit.

"Of the roving elves, there are few as deadly as
the Bladesinger. They are masters of their
weapons and have spent their lives in the
study of their chosen weapons. They have also
learned to cast spells while engaged in combat,
and thus they double their might
The poised steps of the bladesong (the act of
attack by a Bladesinger) not only reveals the
Bladesinger to be a creature of beauty even
during battle, but the steps also carry him into
advantageous positions for either offense or
defense. He can instinctively grasp the flow of
the battle around him, and his feet will carry
him through the intricate maneuvers necessary
to optimize his attack. "

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#29 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

As you're doing some fixing for DSotSC, consider adding the following to the Inactive creatures fix, as erebusant seems to be awol:
dsduegsk.cre requires the following to use his full potential without BP:
- spduepre.spl
- spduehi.eff (req. for the spl)
- spduelow.eff (req. for the spl)
- bpduelow.cre (req. for the eff)
- bpduehi.cre (req. for the eff)
- spduepre.bcs (req. for the cre)

The dialogue/bcs condition is already patched by BiG World Fixpack.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#30 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

Turambar,
You have missed the concept about Elven Bladesingers. They don't sing or play musical interments. They are not 'Elven Minstrels' a different kit.

...bladesong (the act of
attack by a Bladesinger)

I used the bard kit because of the spells, which they could not have as fighters.
I could try to disable the Bard's song (or make it useless), anyway, I added some thac0 and HP modifiers to make them more similar to fighters, and reduced their casting speed (whereas the parrying move increases it again).
Anyway, that's why I always put my prefix to all kits, so that the original ones can still be used.

As you're doing some fixing for DSotSC, consider adding the following to the Inactive creatures fix, as erebusant seems to be awol:
dsduegsk.cre requires the following to use his full potential without BP:
- spduepre.spl
- spduehi.eff (req. for the spl)
- spduelow.eff (req. for the spl)
- bpduelow.cre (req. for the eff)
- bpduehi.cre (req. for the eff)
- spduepre.bcs (req. for the cre)

The dialogue/bcs condition is already patched by BiG World Fixpack.

Thanks very much for reporting it, I'll include it into the next version.
What do you mean by 'dialogue/bcs condition'? And do you know what that spell does?

Edited by Turambar, 06 October 2010 - 11:29 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#31 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

dialogue/bcs condition:
Due to a typo it checks for different variable names. Resulting in duergar skeleton conjurers trying to talk to you even if there's nothing to be said anymore. This means that they were dead meat.
DSotSC bug thread

spell:
Depending on the caster's level it either summons skeletons (bpduelow) or skeleton warriors (bpduehi).

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#32 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

RRRReady :lol:

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#33 -Ithildur-

-Ithildur-

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Looks like there are some interesting items in this mod, although it seems pretty high powered which usually doesn't interest my style of play (BG2 being extremely high powered/high magic as is already)

One thing though as a suggestion: I have to agree that Bladesinger being a bard kit is an odd choice, as they were well known to be clearly a fighter/mage kit in 2e from the Complete Book of Elves. There was a guy over in Gibberlings3 forums who was at one time working on making an actual fighter/mage bladesinger kit; he got it to work but it had some bugs to work out; perhaps it's worth looking at and fixing, rather than changing the concept to a bard kit.

http://forums.gibber...opic=5419&st=75

#34 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Looks like there are some interesting items in this mod, although it seems pretty high powered which usually doesn't interest my style of play (BG2 being extremely high powered/high magic as is already)

One thing though as a suggestion: I have to agree that Bladesinger being a bard kit is an odd choice, as they were well known to be clearly a fighter/mage kit in 2e from the Complete Book of Elves. There was a guy over in Gibberlings3 forums who was at one time working on making an actual fighter/mage bladesinger kit; he got it to work but it had some bugs to work out; perhaps it's worth looking at and fixing, rather than changing the concept to a bard kit.

http://forums.gibber...opic=5419&st=75

The high-powered part (the Daystar, for instance) is for the ToB part mostly; I'll consider that issue anyway.

I'll look at that, but the bard is the only class with no weapon restrictions and spellcasting, and that's why I used it for a mage/fighter kit (in fact, I've disabled the pickpocketing, and I could make the song useless as well); mages have hardcoded weapon limitations and fighters can't cast spells

Edited by Turambar, 11 October 2010 - 02:17 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#35 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Kinda stupid request but any chance this might get fixed via your awesome pack?? :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#36 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

Kinda stupid request but any chance this might get fixed via your awesome pack?? :D

I'll look at it; I'm not familiar with SoBH, but if you tell me what you need I could do it.
Or, from what I see, you suggest to remove that item from his weapon slot, and make him equip it later?
Otherwise, would it work if he started talking when he sees the party, instead of having the party who must start dialogue?
Anyway, I'd need the .cre and his attached scripts; where can I find them?
Or, do you want me to change the staff of the magi?

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#37 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

New version released! 1.5:

re-install suggested
- New component: Anomen fix
- Russian translation added (thanks to prowler!)
- Some script corrections, especially in the ankheg component: the script is now extend_bottom-ed, to prevent OnCreation() problems, and the dialogues should trigger in the cave as well.
- WeiDU.exe updated to v22000

Download link

Edited by Turambar, 13 October 2010 - 01:04 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

Or, from what I see, you suggest to remove that item from his weapon slot, and make him equip it later?

Somewhat similar :P He doesn't exactly use the staff for anything noteworthy (unless you somehow wanna fight the guy :lol:) so I suggest removingit entirely from him :) ... and any other important NPCs who might have the perma-ivisible staff (or any other perma-invisible item for that matter :unsure:)

Ah ... just BillyBob would do for now though :lol:

Creature: Bonehillv275\creatures\BHBBOB.cre (has STAF11 by default)
Dialogue: Bonehillv275\d\BHBBOB.d

Thanks for considering this :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#39 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Somewhat similar :P He doesn't exactly use the staff for anything noteworthy (unless you somehow wanna fight the guy :lol:) so I suggest removingit entirely from him :) ... and any other important NPCs who might have the perma-ivisible staff (or any other perma-invisible item for that matter :unsure:)

Ah ... just BillyBob would do for now though :lol:

Creature: Bonehillv275\creatures\BHBBOB.cre (has STAF11 by default)
Dialogue: Bonehillv275\d\BHBBOB.d

Thanks for considering this :cheers:

Ok I'll have a look at them.
Could I give him the Staff of Rhyn +4 ? It's the one sold in the Adventurer's Mart; it should look powerful but has no side-effects...
And that would probably be enough for him...

Next question: what flags?
Is identified&unstealable&undroppable ok? I guess that the PC should not be able to get it...
Or could I make it droppable, in case someone kills him?

Edited by Turambar, 13 October 2010 - 08:02 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

Staff of Rhyn +4

If it's the glowing effect you get when you equip it, I'm ok :P ... but the cleric's staff (STAF19) seems to have a similar effect while being a +3 weapon ;)

I guess the author wanted him to look and feel awesome ... referring to the dialogues :lol: Maybe a custom staff with all sorts of awesome effects might do him justice! :P

what flags?

Original STAF11 has Identified & Unstealable set ... he can't drop it cause he's too awesome to die :ROFL: I mean he has MINHP01 :P