The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim News

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#201 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

Is it wrong that I seized the opportunity and pre-ordered a soundtrack I've barely heard? What I *did* hear in the trailers and teasers, however, sounds absolutely epic. And the S&H costs to Europe are pretty decent, I was surprised!

I've been looking at it as well... 29.99$ + 4.95$ shipping costs. I don't know if you noticed it, but apparently all copies that are pre-ordered prior to November 23rd will be personally autographed by Jeremy Soule.

#202 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

I've been looking at it as well... 29.99$ + 4.95$ shipping costs. I don't know if you noticed it, but apparently all copies that are pre-ordered prior to November 23rd will be personally autographed by Jeremy Soule.

Heck ya, I noticed!!! :lol: That's what I placed my order today. It's my Christmas present to myself. :rolleyes:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#203 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Heck ya, I noticed!!! :lol: That's what I placed my order today. It's my Christmas present to myself. :rolleyes:

Heh, it's not a bad incentive to buy the box. Hm... Maybe I'll postpone buying a Blu-ray or two until the January-February sales-axis and get this instead. It's certainly tempting because Jeremy Soule is one of my favorite composers.

#204 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Happening Right Now: Skyrim Has Officially Gone Gold!

P.S. They brewed mead.

#205 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

Reaching New Heights @ Elderscrolls

#206 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

News, Launch Day Edition:
Review @ RPS
Review @ IGN
Review @ 1UP
Review @ CVG
Review @ Joystiq
Review @ Kotaku
Review @ GameSpy
Review @ PC Gamer
Review @ Neoseeker
Review @ GameSpot
Review @ Eurogamer
Review @ ShackNews
Review @ GiantBomb
Review @ Destructoid
Review @ Edge Online
Review @ GameTrailers
Review @ Worthplaying
Review @ AtomicGamer
Review @ StrategyInformer

Now I've pre-ordered it as well. If it's horrible, you're my support group. Of one. :P

#207 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

According to VGChartz, Skyrim has sold 3.4 million copies in two days. If accurate, this would mean that at the moment Skyrim is among the highest selling RPGs of all time.

There's a patch on the way as Tweeted by Pete Hines:

We are continuing to work on an update for all platforms to address issues any bugs and perf issues we can.

As I said yesterday, we are continuing to work on an update for all platforms to address issues any bugs and perf issues we can.

We will fix as much as we can for your platform. I don't know if it will fix "your" bug. Takes a while to test/fix/regress. Hang in there.

#208 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:04 AM

Angry Joe gives 10/10 @ Youtube

#209 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

The Skyrim madness is everywhere right now, so I'm going to cut down on the news posts... frankly, even I can't sort that many links. It's just all over the internet.

News:
Positive Review @ True PC Gaming

#210 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Skyrim wins "Game of the Year" at the Spike VGA!

Article

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#211 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

According to Bethesda, Skyrim has shipped 10 million copies, and has become the fastest selling Steam game to date.

#212 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Now I've pre-ordered it as well. If it's horrible, you're my support group. Of one. :P

The box arrived today. Still no internet access at my new place, so I'm just dropping by here.

#213 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

The box arrived today. Still no internet access at my new place, so I'm just dropping by here.

Well, this is my last day at my parents' house where I had them ship the soundtrack, but still nada. :( I am disappoint.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#214 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

Hope you get better luck with yours (when it arrives). I got to Dragonsreach (no spoilers) and the game hung on me when trying to get out of the main building back to Whiterun. No amount of fiddling/loading saved games would fix it and yes, the game is fully patched. So, screw Skyrim for a while - I think I'm going to play Assassin's Creed instead (yay! for the Steam winter sale! :lol:).

-Y-

[Edit] I uninstalled it, then redownloaded and reinstalled the game, repatched it and started again as I'd so looked forward to it.... and got the same problem. Not happy at all as this effectively means I've spent £25 on a trashcan filler.

Edited by Yovaneth, 31 December 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#215 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

Actually, the soundtrack came yesterday!!! My dad had seen it in the mailbox but hid it to give to me later that night as a "late Santa" present. So relieved, because we're flying today!

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#216 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

:lol: Good on your dad. Shake his hand for me :D

-Y-

#217 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

Yovaneth, I had that problem with the lift to the surface in Blackreach. Going through the Tower of Mzark and out that way worked fine, though.

Have you tried going up to the Dragonsreach Terrace, and fast-traveling to Whiterun proper from there?

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#218 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

Haven't tried the fast travel - good point (doh!). I thought the Blackreach/Tower of Mzark problem had been patched? Or maybe I just read about it as a problem :wacko:

Who are you on Steam (if I may ask)? PM me if you don't want to make it public. Or just don't answer if you don't want to! :woot::lol:. Anyone else for an SHS Steam gather?

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 01 January 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#219 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Uh... I don't actually remember? :D I just got it for Skyrim and I've been ignoring it since.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#220 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

:lol: So did I when I first joined, until a workmate introduced me to last Christmas' Steam sales.

Skyrim update: the fast travel trick works, fortunately. It's still bloody annoying having to use it though.

-Y-