• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

Original request

# giving penalties to thieving skills even when the unusability doesn't exactly match the Assassin / Bounty Hunter ones. Current behavior (I don't know how the code actually is, but this is the end effect):

points = 25;
if (cre.unusability == KIT_ASSASSIN) points = 20;
if (cre.unusability == KIT_BOUNTY_HUNTER) points = 15;

Desired behavior:

points = 25;
if (cre.unusability & KIT_ASSASSIN) points = 20;
if (cre.unusability & KIT_BOUNTY_HUNTER) points = 15;

There is actually no penalty applied to the skills themselves. The assassin and bounty hunter kits simply get less thieving points to distribute on chargen and level up. Is that what you mean?

Do you have kits that actually use the KIT_ASSASSIN and KIT_BOUNTY_HUNTER unusability flags along with other kit unusability flags, and that is the reason for wanting this hack?

Edited by Ascension64, 21 January 2011 - 03:19 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

There is actually no penalty applied to the skills themselves. The assassin and bounty hunter kits simply get less thieving points to distribute on chargen and level up. Is that what you mean?

Yes I was talking about the chargen / level up allocable skill points.

Do you have kits that actually use the KIT_ASSASSIN and KIT_BOUNTY_HUNTER unusability flags along with other kit unusability flags, and that is the reason for wanting this hack?

Not now, but Refinements will have this a week after this hack is released released (ditto for the Kit() fix).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

Done.

-----Assassin and Bounty Hunter Penalty to Similar Kits [C, M]
(No compatibility issues currently described, but may cause undesirable effects to kit modifications that add kits that combine the 0x40000 and/or 0x80000 unusability flags with other unusability flags)
Applies the 15% (Assassin) or 20% (Bounty Hunter) only thieving skill points disadvantage to thief kits that combine the use of the 0x40000 and/or 0x80000 unusability flags, respectively, with other unusability flags

Options:
-0: disabled
-1: enabled

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)