Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#821 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:40 AM

2. This is because improved Answerer+2 is added there. In addition, you may restore Vampiric Revenge.

Unless Flametongue is moved to somewhere else, this will cause incompatibilities with mods that assume that Flametongue is in ARD014 (like maybe some item upgrade mod or a quest mod that revolves around Flametongue? :lol: I dunno... mods these days be crazy and shit :D)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#822 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:00 AM

1. Well, it's locked in the original BG2 game unless you decide to do Bodhi's work and kill Vulova. NeJ doesn't re-lock it. :) In NeJ, you have the same standard choice. But Leina is available only if you work for Bodhi. So, I don't understand what's the problem. Just join Aran and that's all.

2. This is because improved Answerer+2 is added there. In addition, you may restore Vampiric Revenge.

3. This I don't know. Again, I've never encountered this issue in v6.91. As mentioned here, NeJ doesn't override BGT area files.

In AR0700, I needed to add a couple of triggers. Back in time, I couldn't do that with WeiDU.

1. Ups poor choice of words here from me.

Yes, Vulova Estate is locked in vanilla BG2 (no problems i can unlock it) but you add key to open that door (i can get it from Bodhi after i choosing her side).

There is Alternatives mod that offers other choices to travel Brynnlaw (other than Aran or Bodhi). One of those needs access to Vulova Estate as part of quest.

2. There aren't any other Flametongue in BG1 and there is BG1 mod that needs Flametongue for item enhancement.

3. Maybe BP-BGT Worldmap mod has something to with this issue, i don't know anything so i don't blame any mod for this issue.

All i know is that i can't get to BG2 areas from Ulcaster after Halruaa. I made workaround for this issue though (party is teleported to City Gates after everything is done at Ulcaster).

This is why i have earlier asked why can't i go to BG1 areas after transition to BG2 but everybody said that is bad idea, but nobody didn't give any reason why it's bad idea.

Edited by micbaldur, 01 October 2015 - 05:02 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#823 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:28 AM

1. Well, it's locked in the original BG2 game unless you decide to do Bodhi's work and kill Vulova. NeJ doesn't re-lock it. :) In NeJ, you have the same standard choice. But Leina is available only if you work for Bodhi. So, I don't understand what's the problem. Just join Aran and that's all.

3. This I don't know. Again, I've never encountered this issue in v6.91. As mentioned here, NeJ doesn't override BGT area files.

In AR0700, I needed to add a couple of triggers. Back in time, I couldn't do that with WeiDU.

1. Ups poor choice of words here from me.

Yes, Vulova Estate is locked in vanilla BG2 (no problems i can unlock it) but you add key to open that door (i can get it from Bodhi after i choosing her side).

There is Alternatives mod that offers other choices to travel Brynnlaw (other than Aran or Bodhi). One of those needs access to Vulova Estate as part of quest.

2. There aren't any other Flametongue in BG1 and there is BG1 mod that needs Flametongue for item enhancement.

3. Maybe BP-BGT Worldmap mod has something to with this issue, i don't know anything so i don't blame any mod for this issue.

All i know is that i can't get to BG2 areas from Ulcaster after Halruaa. I made workaround for this issue though (party is teleported to City Gates after everything is done at Ulcaster).

This is why i have earlier asked why can't i go to BG1 areas after transition to BG2 but everybody said that is bad idea, but nobody didn't give any reason why it's bad idea.

Going to most BG1 areas (avoid e.g. Nashkel) would be possible but moving around BG1 areas will cause problems. You will trigger chapter transitions - just one example: if you are in BG2 before you did your choice of Bodhi/Aran/etc and you move into Nashkel on the BG1 map, you trigger a transition to BG2 Chapter 3 but since you have not sided with anyone your game is now broken. There a number of more cases like that. Anything in BG1 or BG2 that uses the chapter numbers to check triggers will be corrupted.

(In my Sandrah NPC mod there is one excursion back to Undercity where you defeated Sarevok and this is ok because I seal all the exits into the town above, if they were open you would ruin your game by stepping outside.)

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 01 October 2015 - 05:30 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#824 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:39 AM

Going to most BG1 areas (avoid e.g. Nashkel) would be possible but moving around BG1 areas will cause problems. You will trigger chapter transitions -
Do those also happen when the BG1 has happened already ? Cause it can be prevented, if it still does. That's part of allowing the transition back and forth.
In EET, the chapters will start from 1 in BG1 and end up rocketing over to 20's in ToB... just to remove this kinds of issues, if it's done as it was said to be at a point. Of course the EE games need a v1.4 patch for that to be applicable... but we are still off from the release of the Siege of the Dragon Spear, so we'll be just waiting for that till it's there, and the EET gets a release.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#825 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:37 AM

Going to most BG1 areas (avoid e.g. Nashkel) would be possible but moving around BG1 areas will cause problems. You will trigger chapter transitions -
Do those also happen when the BG1 has happened already ? Cause it can be prevented, if it still does. That's part of allowing the transition back and forth.
In EET, the chapters will start from 1 in BG1 and end up rocketing over to 20's in ToB... just to remove this kinds of issues, if it's done as it was said to be at a point. Of course the EE games need a v1.4 patch for that to be applicable... but we are still off from the release of the Siege of the Dragon Spear, so we'll be just waiting for that till it's there, and the EET gets a release.

Currently it is, see Nashkel

IF
    OnCreation()
    Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)

THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartMovie("NASHKELL")
        SmallWait(1)
        SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)
        IncrementChapter("Chptxt-2")
        SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)
        AddJournalEntry(95279,INFO)
        Continue()

Of course you could easily avoid it by adding

!Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",2)

to the triggers (The OnCreation triggers even though you have been to Nashkel before because in BGT SoA your BG1 areas all revert to unvisited)

I thnik the main problem will be all the mods, interactions, triggers etc that use the current chapter numbering convention for their scripts. It is probably not the best idea to touch that. And for me the main question would be - what is the benefit? What do we gain by doing it?

In SandrahRtF I have expanded my story to all BG1, BG2 and ToB areas, but this is because it takes place in chapter 10, which does not exist in BG1 (see http://www.shsforums...-42#entry581289), thus there are no issues anymore.

Also. currently it seems that in IE BGT you cannot exceed chapter 10 (which is ToB epilogue) - I tried to advance this for SandrahRtF to add a new chapter, but the game treats it all as Tob chapter 10.

Edited by Roxanne, 01 October 2015 - 06:40 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#826 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:11 AM

You should try EET ;)
Spoiler
Also. currently it seems that in IE BGT you cannot exceed chapter 10 (which is ToB epilogue) - I tried to advance this for SandrahRtF to add a new chapter, but the game treats it all as Tob chapter 10.
As said by the Imp, this should be fixed with the release of Siege of the Dragon Spear.

Edited by Fouinto, 01 October 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#827 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

You should try EET ;)
Spoiler
As said by the Imp, this should be fixed with the release of Siege of the Dragon Spear.

I'm not interested BG in EE (Evil Engine) so no i'm not trying EET.

Maybe when all BWP mods and BWP is EE compatible i might be interested, though probably NOT even then.

#828 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

You should try EET ;)
Spoiler

Fixed??? That makes it sound like something is broken, which is not the case here. It is a feature of the game and e.g. a mod like Sandrah Return To Faerun uses it to let you explore the whole Sword Coast anew once you finished ToB. To return to BG1 at a later stage makes only sense if there is something new to find and to explore, otherwise it is just a gimmick.

Edited by Roxanne, 01 October 2015 - 10:38 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#829 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

I'm currently NeJ Dragon's Eye and encountered familiar bug.

IA: Histachii sometimes changes to Drider Male during attack animation.

Here's some info:

MHISA1.BAM Histachii
MHISA1E.BAM Histachii
MHISA2.BAM Histachii
MHISA2E.BAM Histachii
MHISA3.BAM Histachii
MHISA3E.BAM Histachii
MHISA4.BAM Drider Male
MHISA4E.BAM Drider Male

Edited by micbaldur, 01 October 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#830 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

NeJ: Problem with start of Player1 dialogue after Larrel's Sending cutscene at Severed Hand (TT5000). Something is wrong with "EscapeArea()". Fixed locally.

SHLARCT1.BCS:

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(Myself)
        SetGlobal("VP_Severed_Hand","GLOBAL",1)
        StartCutSceneMode()
        MultiPlayerSync()
        HideGUI()
        ClearAllActions()
        MultiPlayerSync()
        MoveViewPoint([705.451],VERY_FAST)
        Wait(3)
        MoveToPoint([751.523])
        Wait(3)
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,109622) // "A dwarf dares to set foot here!"
        Wait(4)
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,109623) // "Have you come to push the dagger further into our backs!"
        Wait(3)
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,109624) // "Speak for yourself!"
        Wait(2)
        DisplayStringHead("Squirrel",36347) // ...
        Wait(2)
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,109625) // "Do you deny the destruction wrought by your treacherous kind!"
        Wait(2)
        DisplayStringHead("Squirrel",36347) // ...
        Wait(3)
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,109626) // "I will not tolerate your filthy presence anymore!"
        ActionOverride("Squirrel",MoveToPoint([1223.599]))
        MoveViewObject("Squirrel",VERY_FAST)
        Wait(2)
        ForceSpellPoint([1033.582],WIZARD_FIREBALL) // SPWI304.SPL (Fireball)
        MoveViewObject("Squirrel",VERY_FAST)
        Wait(2)
        ActionOverride("Squirrel",MoveToPoint([1223.599]))
        Wait(2)
        MoveViewObject(Myself,VERY_FAST)
        Wait(2)
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,109627) // "Wretched thing."
        Wait(1)
        MoveViewPoint([969.785],FAST)
        MultiPlayerSync()
        Wait(1)
        UnhideGUI()
        MultiPlayerSync()
        EndCutSceneMode()
        EscapeArea()
        ActionOverride(Player1,StartDialog("Player1",Myself))
END

Fixed by changing "EscapeArea()" to:

ActionOverride(Myself,DestroySelf())

As usual i don't have any idea what's the problem and why this fix helps.

Update:

I checked that cutscene how it's in Icewind Dale and it has:

DestroySelf()

So maybe that works too, didn't test it though.

Update 2:

Tested with "DestroySelf()" and that works too.

Edited by micbaldur, 01 October 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#831 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:36 PM

Can you check if this patch is applied for IA please? :P

Also, BWPFixpack'd

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#832 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

:ermm: Sure...  :wacko: ... :blink: ... i'm suppose to check ...  :crying: ... apply IA ... how ... what ... when ... sorry ... no comprende ... stupid player here.  :( 

Also, BWPFixpack'd

Thanks again. :cheers:

#833 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:41 PM

:ermm: Sure...  :wacko: ... :blink: ... i'm suppose to check ...  :crying: ... apply IA ... how ... what ... when ... sorry ... no comprende ... stupid player here.  :(

Can you check if the _BWP Fixes.txt in your installation's Big world fixpack folder has the line "Lollorian's patch to handle non-biffed installations" in it? :lol:

#834 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

Can you check if the _BWP Fixes.txt in your installation's Big world fixpack folder has the line "Lollorian's patch to handle non-biffed installations" in it? :lol:

#835 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:34 AM

Oh, you mean that, now me  :crazy: stupid player understand.

No, i don't have that patch applied in my BWP.

#836 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:21 AM

Was your install made after the July 14th 2015, or before... cause if it's done after, and the it's not applied, that would mean more trouble for other users, but if it's due to the date, then it won't.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#837 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:33 AM

Well as said in here with added weidu.log and other stuff.

This is BWP 15.1 and was made 13 of June 2015.

#838 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

What's the problem with EscapeArea()? It looks better when Larrel just goes away.

#839 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:26 AM

What's the problem with EscapeArea()? It looks better when Larrel just goes away.

Yes is does but Player 1 dialogue after "EscapeArea()" doesn't start.

#840 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:04 AM

Nice to see site back up after some downtime.

Finished NeJ Icewind Dale and slowly doing Waukeen's Promenade, lot of new stuff there.

Few NeJ problems encountered and one BP related.

NEJ: Unkillable Snow Trolls (WTICETRL.CRE) in Ice Aquarium (TT7001.ARE) at Wyrm's Tooth.  Fixed locally.

NEJ: Unkillable Snow Trolls (INVISTRL.CRE) in Entrance (TT7002.ARE) at Wyrm's Tooth.  Fixed locally.

Don't know if unkillable Snow Trolls are intentional or not, but i don't like it so i made them killable.

NeJ: Problem with OnCreation() at Irenicus Dungeon 2 (AR0603.ARE). 2 Yoshimos joins and RoT cutscene doesn't start. Fixed locally.

At AR0603.BCS removed OnCreation() from this block:

IF
    OnCreation()
    InMyArea("Yoshimo")
    !InParty("Yoshimo")
    Global("VP_Destroy_Yoshimo","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("VP_Destroy_Yoshimo","GLOBAL",1)
        ActionOverride("Yoshimo",DestroySelf())
        SetGlobal("NeJRoT","AR0603",1)
        Continue()
END

BP: Game stops working (not typical CTD with loud PING) and shuts down (nothing on log-files) at Irenicus Dungeon 2 (AR0603.ARE). Problem with animation of DUEARC03.CRE and DUEARC04.CRE. Fixed locally.

Changed Animation from:

FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF_LOW - 20738

to:

FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF - 24834