Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#661 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

I have forgotten to report this old problem.

IA: Ghouls using GHOUL_IWD animation changes to IWD Iron Golem during attack animation. Had this same problem in my previous BWP too.

It seems that this isn't implemented in BWP Fixpack or in IA.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#662 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

But it's there :unsure:

@@ -293,12 +293,16 @@

ACTION_IF ((FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bpdrifm1.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~cbbgbera.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~f_bel.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~brefr1.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~cbssyeti.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~purang.cre~)) BEGIN //BP, CtB, Drizzt Saga, RoT, SOS, TS

-    ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mgh2a4.bam~ BEGIN //ghoul_iwd
-      DISABLE_FROM_KEY ~mgh2a4.bam~
+    ACTION_FOR_EACH bm IN ~mgh2a3~ ~mgh2a4~ ~mgh2ca~ ~mgh2sp~ BEGIN //ghoul_iwd
+      ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%bm%.bam~ BEGIN
+        DISABLE_FROM_KEY ~%bm%.bam~
+      END
     END

-    ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mgh2a4e.bam~ BEGIN
-      DISABLE_FROM_KEY ~mgh2a4e.bam~
+    ACTION_FOR_EACH bm IN ~mgh2a3e~ ~mgh2a4e~ ~mgh2cae~ ~mgh2spe~ BEGIN
+      END
     END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mgh3a4.bam~ BEGIN //ghast_iwd

Could you attach the offending CRE please? :P

I'm trying to figure out how to make SCS and NTotSC play together btw (also, the incompatibility you mentioned exists only in SCS and not in the newer Stratagems mod :))

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#663 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

But it's there :unsure:

@@ -293,12 +293,16 @@

ACTION_IF ((FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bpdrifm1.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~cbbgbera.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~f_bel.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~brefr1.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~cbssyeti.cre~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~purang.cre~)) BEGIN //BP, CtB, Drizzt Saga, RoT, SOS, TS

-    ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mgh2a4.bam~ BEGIN //ghoul_iwd
-      DISABLE_FROM_KEY ~mgh2a4.bam~
+    ACTION_FOR_EACH bm IN ~mgh2a3~ ~mgh2a4~ ~mgh2ca~ ~mgh2sp~ BEGIN //ghoul_iwd
+      END
     END

-    ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mgh2a4e.bam~ BEGIN
-      DISABLE_FROM_KEY ~mgh2a4e.bam~
+    ACTION_FOR_EACH bm IN ~mgh2a3e~ ~mgh2a4e~ ~mgh2cae~ ~mgh2spe~ BEGIN
+      END
     END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mgh3a4.bam~ BEGIN //ghast_iwd

Could you attach the offending CRE please? :P

I'm not home right now so i post CRE-file later tonight.

I'm trying to figure out how to make SCS and NTotSC play together btw (also, the incompatibility you mentioned exists only in SCS and not in the newer Stratagems mod :))

But i'm using version of Stratagem aka SCS (at least for me :P ) v30 or is there newer version somewhere?

I can't comment more about these issues right now, but i'm going to check these things when i get back home later tonight.

#664 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

But the variables that need to be set to remove Natalka and Elka are not set by Stratagems :blink: Will investigate more! (damn I need to get SCS out of my BG2 folder :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 10 July 2015 - 10:00 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#665 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

But the variables that need to be set to remove Natalka and Elka are not set by Stratagems :blink: Will investigate more! (damn I need to get SCS out of my BG2 folder :P)

Those removing blocks are probably from NTotSC. Not only SCS aka Stratagems but going there before killing Mulahey at Nashkel Mines removes Elka and Natalka from game.

Maybe "fixing" NTotSC script somehow this can be "fixed" so that removing Lamalha and others won't affect Elka and Natalka.

#666 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

How about we try to make this simple then? :P Instead of attaching the spawning of Natalka and Elka on the area, why not on Lamalha herself?

I think we could theoretically attach the spawn to one of the scripts Lamalha has so it would run as soon as she spawns (or comes in your Line of Sight)

I'll try to identify any scripts she has that I can attach it to :D

#667 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

How about we try to make this simple then? :P Instead of attaching the spawning of Natalka and Elka on the area, why not on Lamalha herself?

I think we could theoretically attach the spawn to one of the scripts Lamalha has so it would run as soon as she spawns (or comes in your Line of Sight)

I'll try to identify any scripts she has that I can attach it to :D

Well that's other way to do it, but you know what's best to do of course (better than me). :D

Here's Ghoul.CRE you asked:

Attached File  GHOUL.CRE   1.64K   202 downloads

I encountered them in Ulcaster Ruins (AR9798.ARE). Wolf of Ulcaster (DW#ULCWO.CRE) summons them. But encountered same problem with Ghouls earlier but i don't remember where.

#668 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

I've changed these things to make this work:

- Commented out the block that destroys Natalka and Elka if Lamalha is not present

- Made sure NTotSC copied the PROPER Natalka and Elka files for vanilla BGT (the files it copied by default would not work without SCS installed)

- Changed death variable of NTNATALK to NTNATALK and allegiance to NEUTRAL like the other amazons (it was ENEMY - probably because of the wrong death variable making her not go hostile on the Shout() call)

- Added calls to make Natalka and Elka go Enemy() at the end of Lamalha's speech (LAMALH.DLG)

- Appended the spawning script to LAMALHA.BCS

Only problem here now is that Natalka and Elka seem to appear out of thin air right beside Lamalha when/after she talks (depending on the power of your CPU)

Tried it out... works like a charm (also I dunno why but BG2Fixpack makes that fight a shitload harder - probably the fixed scripts and triggers or something :lol: More probably because I'm a shitty player :ROFL:)

Edited by Lollorian, 10 July 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#669 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

So I looked into the Ghoul -> Iron Giant transformation thing and the patch does seem to be doing its job :unsure: I did find a small typo though (Ghouls were being assigned the Greater Ghoul animation erroneously)

Could you check all the MGH2*.BAM files in your game, micbaldur? If any of them look like a fucking giant instead of a ghoul tell us the file name and attach your Setup-InfinityAnimations.DEBUG so we can know why it was skipped :cheers:

#670 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

Here's BAM list:

MGH2A1.BAM - IWD Ghoul
MGH2A1E.BAM - IWD Ghoul
MGH2A2.BAM - IWD Ghoul
MGH2A2E.BAM - IWD Ghoul
MGH2A3.BAM - IWD Iron Golem
MGH2A3E.BAM - IWD Iron Golem
MGH2A4.BAM - IWD Barbarian
MGH2A4E.BAM - IWD Barbarian
MGH2AA*.BAMs - Various weapon and shield animations
MGH2AG*.BAMs - Various weapon and shield animations
MGH2AS*.BAMs - Various weapon and shield animations
MGH2AW*.BAMs - Various weapon and shield animations

Here's Setup-InfinityAnimations.DEBUG:

Attached File  SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.DEBUG.rar   386.39K   173 downloads

#671 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

Ghouls using GHOUL_IWD animation changes to IWD Iron Golem during attack animation
That's funny, in my game ghouls have IWD2's halfdragon animation frames during attack, not iron golem. I wonder if it's the same bug or not :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#672 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:50 AM

Ghouls using GHOUL_IWD animation changes to IWD Iron Golem during attack animation
That's funny, in my game ghouls have IWD2's halfdragon animation frames during attack, not iron golem. I wonder if it's the same bug or not :)

Then you could --change-log the MGH2A3.BAM and MGH2A3E.BAM -files and find out.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#673 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

Change.log doesn't help in this case (nothing changes them), at least in my install.

I'll leave this problem to Lollorian's capable hands. :D  Besides animation problem doesn't break or cause any other issues, it just looks odd or maybe it's some ability of ghouls to change animation. :P

#674 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

I understand the issue and know what's causing it (Iron Golem from NeJ v694 and Barbarian from CtB) - now Creepin man, I dunno what your ghoul be doing going all half dragon and shit :lol: (I'd understand if it became a spider thing or something - it's from Derat's Kits :P)

What I don't understand is why these animations were not DISABLE_FROM_KEY'ed by infinityanimations - which essentially makes the game not see them even if they exist in some random BIF :unsure:

I'll try investigating with an actual install of BGT + CtB + NeJ + IA this weekend :cheers:

#675 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

I understand the issue and know what's causing it (Iron Golem from NeJ v694 and Barbarian from CtB)...

What I don't understand is why these animations were not DISABLE_FROM_KEY'ed by infinityanimations - which essentially makes the game not see them even if they exist in some random BIF :unsure
Maybe they could crash the game... as I am not totally sure you do actually know the cause of the issue:
See as the way I remember this is that the xxxx2A1, xxxx2A2, xxxx2A3 and xxxx2A4 should be kinda different characters given that they use a different weapon sorts to sort what character is if they have the same animation(in the old philosophy, the same kind of feature is used in the Avatar Switchings), and as the only thing that kinda made that bad was that the creatures had to be properly made/coded, as in given this animation and that weapon type to the set kind of creatures, and the death animation was kinda bad as it had to have the same for all the creatures the very same death animation.

Edited by The Imp, 13 July 2015 - 09:59 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#676 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

No they shouldn't crash :) What the abbreviations mean reference.

A1-A4 are base creature attack animations

AA1-AA4 are Axe attack animations

MA1-MA4 are Mace attack animations

SA1-SA4 are Sword attack animations

CRE uses A1-A4 depending on kind of attack performed:

A1 -> Overhand swing

A2 -> Backhand swing

A3 -> Thrust

A4 -> Throw

No clue where bows fit in but this is what happens for melee CREs :P

What micbaldur is experiencing is when a Ghoul does a thrust attack, it plays A3 which points to the NeJ Golem animation - IA only adds A1 and A2 (but the BWPFixpack should make NeJ's A3 DISABLE_FROM_KEY)

Oi micbaldur man, can you attach your infinityanimations.tp2 here please? :unsure:

#677 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Well, if you want it here it is. :D

Attached File  setup-infinityanimations.tp2   200.46K   448 downloads

#678 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

CRE uses A1-A4 depending on kind of attack performed:
A1 -> Overhand swing
A2 -> Backhand swing
A3 -> Thrust
A4 -> Throw

Ah... yeah, you can modify the weapon itm the creature is carrying to use of those...well... The Melee Animation: Spear, has 100% thrust, and the Other Melee has 50% & 50% of the other kinds, so setting the the ghouls weapon to only use the Other Melee will fix it for that creature. And making sure the possible Ice Golems to use the Spear type in their itm will hopefully show them correctly too... Well, the throwing dagger has 100% overhand, but it gets tricky I bet, after 2 kinds of animations, so I wouldn't bet there to be a solution to have 3 different kinds this way...

29y40i8.jpg

The disable from key approach... should usually be avoided like a plague.

Ouh yeah, and so that we remember, the Infinity Animation is not featuring these .cre files in this install or their animations file they would be using would contain the latin letters(Þ, ø, µ ... ).

Edited by The Imp, 14 July 2015 - 02:18 AM.

#679 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

Ran a test install with just CtB and IA - and the culprit here is ... *drumroll* The BiG World Trimpack!!! :D

- DISABLE_FROM_KEY works only if the file is BIF'ed

- BWPTrimpack makes the megamods not biff until the end so generalized biffing can biff everything in one go

- Since MGH2A3.BAM (and others) are not biffed when IA is installed, it simply skips disabling them

How do we fix this? Why we make WeiDU DELETE :devil:

Adding DELETE ~override/%bm%.bam~ before every DISABLE_FROM_KEY in IA.tp2 does what is intended :) (helps IA handle non-biffed installations :P)

(PS: DELETE is effectively a MOVE because the files are moved into IA's backup folder :lol:)

EDIT: To fix this in existing installs, make copies of MGH2A1.BAM and MGH2A1E.bam and rename them to A3 and A3E.bam.

Edited by Lollorian, 14 July 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#680 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

(PS: DELETE is effectively a MOVE because the files are moved into IA's backup folder :lol:)
I would still avoid that like a plague... This is because they are still using the MGH2A3.BAM file and not the Infinity Animations files that don't look anything like that ...

Edited by The Imp, 14 July 2015 - 08:33 AM.