Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#501 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hello micbaldur! Thanks for your thread. I had another game a long time ago where I applied many of your fixes.

Now, I just made a fresh BWS install and I have a question about a mod that I have never seen you post problems with (but I have not read the entire thread).

I'm talking about the mod Turnabout. I installed it and then I read afterwards in it's forum about several rather big issues it seems to have, which annoys me because it is right at the end of the game and I was really aiming for a stable game this time :crying: and the game bugging out at literally the latest point possible would be.... upsetting  :ermm: 

So, I was thinking to ask if you have had any issues with the mod, and if so how did you fix them? The most apparent issues I collected from the forums seems to be Khalid and Dynaheirs epilogues being switched, standard epilogues not showing at all (this is bad), actually becoming stuck at the end because you can't select anyone to resurrect ( :crying:) or incompatibility with the Longer Road which I also have installed.

You had errors like this?

#502 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hello micbaldur! Thanks for your thread. I had another game a long time ago where I applied many of your fixes.

Now, I just made a fresh BWS install and I have a question about a mod that I have never seen you post problems with (but I have not read the entire thread).

I'm talking about the mod Turnabout. I installed it and then I read afterwards in it's forum about several rather big issues it seems to have, which annoys me because it is right at the end of the game and I was really aiming for a stable game this time :crying: and the game bugging out at literally the latest point possible would be.... upsetting  :ermm:

So, I was thinking to ask if you have had any issues with the mod, and if so how did you fix them? The most apparent issues I collected from the forums seems to be Khalid and Dynaheirs epilogues being switched, standard epilogues not showing at all (this is bad), actually becoming stuck at the end because you can't select anyone to resurrect ( :crying:) or incompatibility with the Longer Road which I also have installed.

You had errors like this?

Hello. :D

Glad that my topic has helped you.

Reason that i haven't found any problems with Turnabout and Longer Road mods is simple. I don't use them. Sorry.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#503 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Problem with Jaheira at Pocket Plane.

NEJ: When i summon Jaheira (lover/no lover) from Fate Spirit she is "broken". NEJ component "Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira." breaks Jaheira (JAHEI14.CRE) by changing dialogue file from JAHEI25A.DLG to JAHEIRA.DLG snd override script from JAHE25.BCS to JAHEIRA.BCS. Fixed locally by changing them back.

Change-log:

Spoiler

#504 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

So ... the only option which I have for BWS is to remove this component, right?

Well my opinion is yes, unless some kind of fix is made to BWP Fixpack.

From Setup-NeJ2v691.TP2:

COPY ~NeJ/jah/cre/VP_JAH14.CRE~ ~override/JAHEI14.CRE~

And that VP_JAH14.CRE has wrong dlg- and bcs-files.

#505 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

ToB go well.

Saradush, North Forest and Watcher's Keep Level's 2-6 went without any problems.

Breagar NPC: Problem with Breagar's Tower of Anstinus quest.  At the end of quest Silver Dwarf Lady teleports me to North Forest (AR6400). Then i'm teleported to Amkethran but i don't have defeated Yaga-Shura yet so i'm at chapter 8. I don't understand why this happens.

Fixed by commenting out/removing offending block at ACCUT_14.BCS:

IF
    GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",9)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        Wait(2)
        ActionOverride("ACBRE",DestroyItem("ACAXE2")) // Berronar's axe +5
        ActionOverride("ACBRE",CreateItem("ACAXE3",0,0,0))
        Wait(2)
        CreateVisualEffectObject("spholy","ACSILVER")
        PlaySound("EFF_P15")
        Wait(2)
        FadeToColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(2)
        ActionOverride("ACSILVER",DestroySelf())
        LeaveAreaLUAPanic("AR6400","",[143.1035],12)
        LeaveAreaLUA("AR6400","",[143.1035],12)
        ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("AR6400","",[143.1082],12))
        ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("AR6400","",[94.1035],12))
        ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("AR6400","",[94.1082],12))
        ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("AR6400","",[45.1035],12))
        ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("AR6400","",[45.1082],12))
        Wait(1)
        FadeFromColor([40.0],0)
        Wait(3)
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

//IF
//    GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",8 )

//THEN
//    RESPONSE #100
//        CutSceneId(Player1)
//        Wait(2)
//        ActionOverride("ACBRE",DestroyItem("ACAXE2")) // Berronar's axe +5
//        ActionOverride("ACBRE",CreateItem("ACAXE3",0,0,0))
//        Wait(2)
//        CreateVisualEffectObject("spholy","ACSILVER")
//        PlaySound("EFF_P15")
//        Wait(2)
//        FadeToColor([20.0],0)
//        Wait(2)
//        ActionOverride("ACSILVER",DestroySelf())
//        LeaveAreaLUAPanic("AR5500","",[2407.2298],4)
//        LeaveAreaLUA("AR5500","",[2407.2298],4)
//        ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("AR5500","",[2456.2310],4))
//        ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("AR5500","",[2360.2322],4))
//        ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("AR5500","",[2472.2346],2))
//        ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("AR5500","",[2376.2370],0))
//        ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("AR5500","",[2424.2370],0))
//        Wait(1)
//        FadeFromColor([40.0],0)
//        Wait(3)
//        EndCutSceneMode()
//END

Edited by micbaldur, 20 April 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#506 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

I'm almost at end of my current BWP.

Encountered CTD in Abazigal's Lair at Cave (AR6012). After some checking cause of this i found out that Stratagems component Improved Abazigal's Lair is to blame.

But after checking SHS and G3 about this problem, i found out that it's known issue of older SCS v 24 (which i have) and this has been probably fixed in some of the newer versions of SCS.

#507 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Oh well  :( all good things comes to end in due time like now this BWP after 19 months of hard gaming.

Throne of Bhaal: Problems with Sendai (like previous BWPs years ago). When she dies game freezes, CTD or works OK. Don't know what causes this and didn't bother to check this any further, because game is finished.

Very special thanks to Hoppy, Miloch, Lollorian and 10th for helping me in various problems over many years. Sad that only Miloch and 10th are "barely alive" nowadays, Hoppy and Lollorian are "dead or nearly buried".

This BWP install was multiromance friendly and i romanced all female NPCs. No problems encountered.

Nice to see that problems are getting fewer and smaller.

Now it's time to start planning and making test installs for my upcoming BWP 15.0.2.

#508 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

Hi Micbaldur, I wrote you a PM before you install v15.0.2

#509 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

Well first test install didn't go that well. :P

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS:

Spoiler

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS:

Spoiler

Also Infinity Sounds needed manual typing during install.

Breagar NPC wanted to install german only but Ascalons Quest Pack worked ok. Both were fixed versions by White Angus and i got them here.

Terminated install after Sandrah NPC failed so i don't know end of install goes, until test install 2 later today.

Decided to drop Sandrah NPC and use older versions of Devine Remix and Infinity Sounds.

Edited by micbaldur, 04 May 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#510 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

If you still want to install Sandrah a lot of solutions to errors are in this topic:
http://www.shsforums...-testing/page-8

#511 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:10 AM

If you still want to install Sandrah a lot of solutions to errors are in this topic:
http://www.shsforums...-testing/page-8

I'm aware about that topic but i have bigger issues than Sandrah. Maybe if test install 2 goes well i might do other install with Sandrah. One thing though if Sandrah is to be installed after Aurora ToB also Packmule must be moved after Sandrah (new areas in Sandrah).

Little delay on test install 2, starting later tonight.

Decided to use older version of Breagar (v 6.09a) and Infinity Sounds (v 1.2).

#512 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

What error exactly did you have with Infinity Sounds? If you want to use test version 5, it should be safe enough to skip the mod in BWS and install it manually right before biffing.

#513 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

What error exactly did you have with Infinity Sounds? If you want to use test version 5, it should be safe enough to skip the mod in BWS and install it manually right before biffing.

Sorry about that  :blush:  i was little unclear about issue with your mod.

I didn't have any problems related to Infinity Sounds mod itself. It was problem with BWP install-bat. Leonardo used v1.2 in bat-file while making BWP 15.0.2.

Version v 1.3t5 has different components than v 1.2 so during install Infinity Sounds mod asked installing related questions. Normaly bat-install doesn't ask anything during install prosess.

I might do test BGT install with v 1.3t5 and then do necessary edits to bat-file.

#514 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

Oh, OK. These are probably the extra prompts I've added to "Restored BG1 Spell Casting Sound Effects." They work in the same way as the setup questions in 1PPv4; the extra prompts won't show up in the WeiDU log.

#515 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

Test install 2:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS:

Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour
  Morituri Kit
  Divine Remix:    Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit
                           Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit
                           Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit
                           Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit
  1ppv4: Spell tweaks
  Stratagems: Initialise mod (all other components require this)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS:

Stivan the Hunter
  Yasraena (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC)

Kivan v 15 didn't install (Didn't noticed it earlier in test 1). Install ends without anything happened. No any kind of information provided why.

Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour v 1.23 doesn't install (Leonardo has v 1.22):

Spoiler

For test install 3:

Changed Divine Remix to v 7.1
Workaround for 1ppv4 and Stratagems installs
Fixed Yasraena audio install
Fixed Stivan the Hunter cre problem
Fixed typo in Setup-Morituri.TP2

Has to check more what's wrong with Kivan.

#516 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

This is really cool mcbaldur. It makes me wonder how you know npcs are missing and whatnot. I get kind of nervous because it seems that you find lots of bugs that don't get fixed. It seems we need new mini compatibility mods between certain mods to undo some bad choices ( ala overwriting)

#517 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

I get really nervous when I read things like fixed locally. I want the BWS to improve with each playthrough. This tells me that my games will have the same bugs as you and I won't know how to fix or even if I need to fix them.

#518 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

This is really cool mcbaldur. It makes me wonder how you know npcs are missing and whatnot. I get kind of nervous because it seems that you find lots of bugs that don't get fixed. It seems we need new mini compatibility mods between certain mods to undo some bad choices ( ala overwriting)

I have many years of experience of playing BWP games, that's why i have learned to find bugs and sometimes fix bugs to my local BWP.

You are right that we need bugs get fixed, sadly there aren't anybody to do it and update BWP Fixpack.

BWP Fixpack has been updated for rmany months now because Lollorian has been absent since last summer.

I get really nervous when I read things like fixed locally. I want the BWS to improve with each playthrough. This tells me that my games will have the same bugs as you and I won't know how to fix or even if I need to fix them.

Well i have much bigger BWP than you, that's why you should not same bugs as me. Also i have to say that my BWP has improved alot past 5 years.

Hopely you learn to fix those as you play along. Oh learn to use NI (Near Infinity) it helps alot.

#519 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

I have many years of experience of playing BWP games, that's why i have learned to find bugs and sometimes fix bugs to my local BWP.

You are right that we need bugs get fixed, sadly there aren't anybody to do it and update BWP Fixpack.

BWP Fixpack has been updated for rmany months now because Lollorian has been absent since last summer.

Well i have much bigger BWP than you, that's why you should not same bugs as me. Also i have to say that my BWP has improved alot past 5 years.

Hopely you learn to fix those as you play along. Oh learn to use NI (Near Infinity) it helps alot.

What's stopping us from preventing us from taking over and updating the file ourselves?

I haven't even finished downloading the mods. I want to install almost every mod the BWS includes in tbe pdf.

I really want to be able to contribute lasting fixes to problems encountered. I want my children to be able to play this super awesome modded game and not be able to easily tell which parts are from the original! I want them to have as bug free of an experience as possible.

#520 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

What's stopping us from preventing us from taking over and updating the file ourselves?

I haven't even finished downloading the mods. I want to install almost every mod the BWS includes in tbe pdf.

I really want to be able to contribute lasting fixes to problems encountered. I want my children to be able to play this super awesome modded game and not be able to easily tell which parts are from the original! I want them to have as bug free of an experience as possible.

Well nothing prevents you, if you want to maintain BWP Fixpack go ahead and knock yourself out. :P  It's big and time consuming job.

I'll be happy to report to you any bugs i encounter so that you can fix them and put them to BWP Fixpack. :D

Oh if you want to install almost every mod that BWP has (and mods that aren't in BWP) you need to use edited BWP bat-file, BWS doesn't let you install all mods, also Leonardo's BWP bat-file doesn't let you install all mods you like. In addition to edited bat-file you need to edit some mods tp2-file in order to remove some install restrictions. That's why i probably have biggest BWP game here.