W_PackMule

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Use DLTCEP (http://sourceforge.n...ts/gemrb/files/). Select edit -> store ->load store, open file "w_msaddl.sto" located in override folder. In one of the fields (capacity) there will be value 99, change it to 32000 and save the file.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#62 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thank you for the reply and the mod in general! :cheers:

In my case I noticed the value was 2000, not 99. I changed it to 32000 anyway :) .

#63 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Is their a limit too how much the mule can hold?

#64 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

In my case I noticed the value was 2000, not 99. I changed it to 32000 anyway :) .

Is their a limit too how much the mule can hold?

Like you can see from dreamer2007's reply, there is limits, the original was 99, and it depends on your install order and what mods you install that which takes the precidence... as the mods can edit one or more .sto files as they go, and if they do multiple, they usually edit allof them. I like the 32000 best cause it's the largest and the one that still doesn't have the "drop as I go" bug that happens with the zero ... as this mod was created especially to fight the bag's created lag/the inventory check bug.

PS: there's no DLTCEP in the link you gave as it's the GemRB, I don't know where it's on the sourceforge, but the latest known to me outside is here.
Edit: :P
Then why not use the whole address ? Like:
This. Yes, I am a bastard to make the reply as a edit... but. :bi: :naughty:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 26 August 2011 - 01:00 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#65 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:49 AM

I have just uploaded new version (which I should have done months ago) that fixes the incorrect bag size bug. The standard bag now has a limit of 100 items and the "bottomless" has the limit of 32000.

@ Jarno Mikkola
DLTCEP is there, but it was moved to "utilities" subdirectory. I have posted link to sourceforge.net cause g3 was down at the time.

Edited by Kwiat_W, 26 August 2011 - 12:49 AM.

icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#66 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

What do you mean by bottomless?

Can i add this into my current game with a pack mule in my party already?

Were can i find the new uploaded version? Did you upload today?

Edited by dmxdex, 26 August 2011 - 02:49 AM.

#67 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Bottomless means that there is more room in it than you will ever need. Yes, I uploaded it today. New version is 1.3 and you have to reinstall the mod, you don't have to start a new game and it doesn't matter if the mule is in your party or not.

#68 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

Bottomless means that there is more room in it than you will ever need. Yes, I uploaded it today. New version is 1.3 and you have to reinstall the mod, you don't have to start a new game and it doesn't matter if the mule is in your party or not.

Can i turn this bottomless thing off?

I am using a big world project. Will reinstalling the mod cause issues with my installation?

#69 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

During installation you can choose bottomless or standard version.

#70 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Ok. will reinstalling this affect my install in anyway?

Is 100 items the maxium the mule can carry with all bags? i.e if i had 50 gems, 25 items, and 25 scrolls then im at the maxium?

Edited by dmxdex, 26 August 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#71 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

It's 100 items, 100 potions, 20 gems and 20 scrolls (standard BG2 values for those items) or 32000 in each bag in bottomless version. In version 1.2 normal bag had 200 slots (instead of 100) and the bottomless version had 99 slots (instead of 32000).

If w_packmule isn't the last mod (or close) you have installed then I would advice against reinstalling it. if you want to change the size of bags modify *.sto files that start with "w_" in your override folder. Use DLTCEP, it was already explained it this thread how to do this.

#72 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

I know but it sounds confusing to edit these files.

I will give it a go soon.

Im proberly going to do a reinstallation of my BWP.

Can i drop the 1.3 version into my big world downloads folder?

Edited by dmxdex, 26 August 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#73 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

I know nothing about BWP, but if dropping version 1.2 works, 1.3 should work too.

#74 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Ok how do i use this DLTC? i have downloaded it and have opened the exe but i dont know were to begin?

#75 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Ok how do i use this DLTCEP? i have downloaded it and have opened the exe but i dont know were to begin?

Have a look at here, you need to make a setup.
Then you just use the Edit -> Store -> Load Store, the file name starts with W_ ... open the .sto file, and you'll see the Capacity in the window, just set that to 32000 nad use the Save Store As...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#76 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

Updated
1.1 (18.03.2011)
- added italian translation by ilot
- added french translation by Graoumf
- Stedd can be now found in Saltmarsh if you have CLassic Adventures installed or in Kuldahar if you have IWD-in-BG2

Hi Kwiat_W! I tried to install the mod today, but apparently IA needs to be installed? I'm not sure - I've asked DavidW - if IA is at all compatible with IWD-in-BG2. If the answer is no, do you have any suggestions?

Thread @ G3.

EDIT: Per suggestion from DavidW (see thread @ G3) I commented out the checks for IA and it installed correctly. I've yet to go to Kuldahar so don't know yet if it will work though :) I'll report back.

Edited by Dakk, 13 January 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#77 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Please tell me when you will know if it works or not, I will than update the mod as necessary. Thanks.

#78 L.A

L.A
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Apologies if this issue has already been discussed - my pack mule just went "missing" all of a sudden - it was during a battle IIRC. It usually comes back after a while but this time it didnt, and I've used the "call pack mule" special ability but to no avail ... The battle in question was in icewind dale via the RoT mod - i am playing a BWP installation with the works. Any ideas on what's going on? I've got a fair bit of gear on that mule...

#79 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

It's the first time I hear about something like that. Could you upload your savegame somewhere or send it to me in an e-mail (you can find my address in the mod readme). I don't know If I will be able to figure out what went wrong, but I may be able to fix the mule for you.
Thanks for reporting this.

#80 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Translation almost ready but wanna to know which lines shown in DOS-window.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon