Khalid mod for BG II

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

Well, you update the first post. But it difficult to see what you add exactly... noboby remember this by heart :) Would you mark new position you add?

#22 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:55 AM

Well, you update the first post. But it difficult to see what you add exactly... noboby remember this by heart :) Would you mark new position you add?

Ah. All right, I can bold the new ones the next time I update (which should be today).
Thanks for reminding me!

#23 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:14 AM

This is just to say we're trying to fix a bug before I add any more content...

EDIT: A bit of PID is already written down in my notes - by the way, anything you'd want to ask Khalid or Jaheira about?

Edited by Zireael, 24 March 2011 - 02:27 AM.

#24 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:20 AM

First post has been updated and the lines that changed - bolded.
The main addition are the banters with Jan Jansen.
P.S. Anything you'd want to ask our favorite couple, as I'm working on the PID?

#25 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:15 AM

Another update of the first post. You'll notice lot of things that are bolded - they are new.

#26 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

Any ideas regarding:
a) PID
b) banters with CHARNAME
c) Khalid's quest
...?
I need your input!

#27 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

I'll try to think about something with c) ... i'll get back with some ideas hopefully (i'm thinking of a quest in BG1 and a sequel in BG2, makes sense thinking about a BGT game? ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#28 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:06 AM

I'll try to think about something with c) ... i'll get back with some ideas hopefully (i'm thinking of a quest in BG1 and a sequel in BG2, makes sense thinking about a BGT game? ;)

mm75

Mod is for BGII. Khalid (& Jaheira's) quest in BG II is to first - go to Nashkel, second - find Gorion's killer.

#29 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

First post updated yet again with bold, a lot of new stuff!

#30 pacek

pacek
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

If you made Khalid a clone of the former Khalid, you could still include the dialogue where Jaheira finds Khalid's body, thereby not disrupting the original plot too much. There is even a room full of clone chambers in the adjoining room... but I don't want to derail your work so far.

#31 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

If you made Khalid a clone of the former Khalid, you could still include the dialogue where Jaheira finds Khalid's body, thereby not disrupting the original plot too much. There is even a room full of clone chambers in the adjoining room... but I don't want to derail your work so far.

Such a tangent was discussed before I started working on the mod. It was finally decided that the body was better ignored, not to convolute the plot of the mod too much.
------------------
If you have any good Arabic musical themes, give me a hint f-folks, I'm going to choose one (or two) to be the music played during Khalid's banters and flirts...

#32 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

The first post has been updated again... we're hard at work ironing out some bugs and adding new stuff.

#33 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

Yet another update.
In addition to the bolded things, we're trying for the fifth or so time to fix the flirts... and I changed the Readme's to HTML and expanded them, so all the important stuff should be covered in them.

#34 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Another update. Bolded new things - you might have noticed I started working on Khalid's quest.

If you want Khalid and/or Jaheira to banter with CHARNAME, give me some suggestions!

#35 -Neane-

-Neane-

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

Just to let you know about how other mods might interact with your mod:

Just checked the varibles and having Khalid's body not be present would stop Imoen from commenting on Khalid in the Immy Romance. (Just the same as when Jaheria comments, only Immy instead.)

Varible: MRSawKhalid 1 & 2

Also: Love the idea of this mod! Keep up the great work!

#36 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

Don't forget to find some way to make this compatible with Dungeon Be Gone.

#37 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:18 AM

Another update. Bolded new things - you might have noticed I started working on Khalid's quest.

If you want Khalid and/or Jaheira to banter with CHARNAME, give me some suggestions!

How do you think can Khalid&Jaheira know about PC heritage before meeting him/her? (I always thought they do...) Can they talk about this? :)

#38 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

Just to let you know about how other mods might interact with your mod:

Just checked the varibles and having Khalid's body not be present would stop Imoen from commenting on Khalid in the Immy Romance. (Just the same as when Jaheria comments, only Immy instead.)

Varible: MRSawKhalid 1 & 2

Also: Love the idea of this mod! Keep up the great work!

Khalid's body is present there, therefore no conflict will happen. But thanks for information.

Don't forget to find some way to make this compatible with Dungeon Be Gone.

Khalid will be found in the Harper's Hold. DBG will only mean the player will not see the cutscene that has Khalid fleeing four Shadow Thieves.

How do you think can Khalid&Jaheira know about PC heritage before meeting him/her? (I always thought they do...) Can they talk about this?

I think I already used this tangent for Khalid-Jaheira banter, but using it for a banter with CHARNAME is a brilliant idea! Thank you!

#39 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Yet another update. The romance is practically finished, there is only some bonus content left (Underdark) and a single lovetalk in SoA left.

#40 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

Great news! :cheers: