Photo

iiSpellSystemAdjustments

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

Anyone get it work for IWD2?
Unfortunately no. The game engines are too different, and there no effect that refreshes spells in IwD1 or IwD2(well, the magic rest does, but it won't work the same way, as it restores everything each time) that can do the action required. The mod will work on both Icewind Dale in BG2 and IWD:EE, but that's as far as it goes. So it's not compatible with IWD2. Or with the out of vanilla box IWD1, HoW or TotLM. Nor PS:T.
I probably should make the mod check for the game ... and note that it's not compatible with the above in the error message.

Edited by The Imp, 30 October 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#62 -Gidpo-

-Gidpo-

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:11 AM

Anyone get it work for IWD2?
Unfortunately no. The game engines are too different, and there no effect that refreshes spells in IwD1 or IwD2(well, the magic rest does, but it won't work the same way, as it restores everything each time) that can do the action required. The mod will work on both Icewind Dale in BG2 and IWD:EE, but that's as far as it goes. So it's not compatible with IWD2. Or with the out of vanilla box IWD1, HoW or TotLM. Nor PS:T.
I probably should make the mod check for the game ... and note that it's not compatible with the above in the error message.

Thanks for looking into that!

#63 -Emardon Lareous-

-Emardon Lareous-

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

Hi, it appears that as of the latest Baldur's Gate EE the Divine Spell refresh isn't working. The arcane refresh is working as expected. 

I installed this mod last in the order and it appears to work for NPC wizard characters. I first noticed Jaheira wasn't refreshing, I then made a player character cleric and they also didn't refresh.

Love the mod, it's a must have for playthroughs now

#64 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

Emardon Lareous, can please you upload the Setup-iiSpellSystemAdjustments.debug file to somewhere, it's made into your game folder when you install the mod, preferably in an (.zip, .rar or .7z) archive. You can't upload to the forum cause you are not a member, and sometimes even members have problems ... but there are other places like MediaFire.com and other similar free file upload sites, so use one of those.

(yes, I am the original author of the resurection of this mod, so v5, v6 and v7 in my old profile).
I have made a few different version of the mod for my own usage, and I could upload the latest. I have not run into a problem like you describe, so I would be interested knowing what went wrong.
I have also made a component that can finally refresh the innate spells. It has a few problems, especially with innates that should not be refreshed, but I'll put that into a warning.

Edited by The Imp, 22 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#65 -Emardon Lareous-

-Emardon Lareous-

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:37 AM

I hope this helps,

https://drive.google...QmpLX2tfY1BSOGs

I placed the weidu log in there in case I've used a mod that may conflict and the setup .debug in 7z format

#66 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:09 AM

WeiDU v 23900 Log

D:\Games\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Setup-iiSpellSystemAdjustments.exe
[.\CHITIN.KEY] 79 BIFFs, 36814 resources
Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
Is that a game that has the DLC, aka the Siege of the Dragonspear in it ?
Cause if it is, and if you have not installed the modmerger then none of the other mods should work much better either as it takes priority over all the files, starting from the dialog.tlk. This is just a quick guess, but I would expect that to be the problem you have.
A close enough approximation of the weidu.log is in all the other .debug files, so it's unnecessary. Not that you need to know that.

#67 -Emardon Lareous-

-Emardon Lareous-

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

It's the BG1EE version from GOG without Dragonspear. I have the beamdog dragonspear in a separate install because I wanted to avoid downloading 5gigs each time I thought I'd installed mods in the wrong order :-P

It appears that BGNPC, Strategems are working and the arcane component of your refresh is working well.

#68 Emardon Lareous

Emardon Lareous
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:21 PM

I tried a fresh install of baldur's gate enhanced edition (non SoD) without other mods, it appears that something has been changed by the devs as sadly clerical spells still aren't able to work. It also appears that the bundled weidu version isn't compatible with the EEs as it had been using an updated weidu from the other mods to successfully install.   

#69 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:12 AM

I tried a fresh install of baldur's gate enhanced edition (non SoD) without other mods, it appears that something has been changed by the devs as sadly clerical spells still aren't able to work. It also appears that the bundled weidu version isn't compatible with the EEs as it had been using an updated weidu from the other mods to successfully install.   

Yeah, generally the EE games need some of the latest versions of weidu.exe to install mods to them. It needs to be at least v235(00) to install.
I'll release a version of the mod at some time, after I'll make a few educated guess'es and see if it works. It will also update the install routine a bit, and the functions--- there will be more install time text if you choose to install using the function model, and you can see the values that one sets them to.

The functions should use the LPF ADD_SPELL_* instead of the old ~loops~ ~delta~ WHILE etc mess that might be the cause of the cleric spells to not working because the spell files structure has with non-standard orderings, which I suspect to be the cause of this happening.
Also the file size check I have in the mod is off by a mile.
Will see when I can get this all up. It all still needs rigorous testing, aka I need to access my other computer to test the install and fix the typos in the code that it surely has.

The code update will be something alike, it's still in concept phase:

Spoiler

Ouh, J-man, I failed so bad in v7.1... now I know where I failed. If you notice the above code is not the faulty one... it's the other in v7.1, so I won't show it. :devil: 

Well, the healing spells (and other cleric spells that use only have 1 effect) should refresh. But the others will pull things from their arses. Recommendation is that you uninstall the component immediately, it can cause crashes !

I had copy pasted a part I shouldn't have. Typical of me. Too bad now I fixed it by copypasting other things.. :P

Well after the next update, this will be fixed. ...

Edited by The Imp, 27 August 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#70 -Gidpo-

-Gidpo-

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

Any news on this mod? Anyone getting it to work with the newest version of the EEs?

#71 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

The arcane portion does work. (mages/bard spells & their kits)

And the divine is a mess... (druids/clerics/shamans & their kits)

...mess I made while coding that portion. I haven't uploaded a fix for it cause I intent to also add an innate spell component.

And the mod is old and I need to do other stuff too. But it will be here before say 2017.

Edited by The Imp, 28 October 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#72 Emardon Lareous

Emardon Lareous
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

A fun option, which may not be feasible, would be not to recharge while fatigued, that would put some urgency on sleeping if your character hasn't for a long time.

Hope the new year is proving to be positive so far!

#73 Emardon Lareous

Emardon Lareous
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:12 PM

Hope all is well and you've had lots of exciting stuff going on pushing modding low on the priority list :-) Any chance we could get a version with a fix for divine or an upload of an old version where divine partially worked for the meantime? 

It's become a must have for BG as it's a much superior spell system

#74 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

I should be posting something within two days.

EDIT: Erhm, yeah, it's coming up nicely, but I need to test a few things in my own alpha first, so time to breath in and hold...

Edited by The Imp, 25 July 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#75 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

I need a beta tester. To test these in the game.
Specifically to the components 10, 11 and 12.

Note, expect them to not actually work and if they seem to first work in one way in the game, try to test all options... and report all cases where they don't work.

Edited by The Imp, 25 July 2017 - 10:50 AM.

#76 Emardon Lareous

Emardon Lareous
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:13 AM

Attached are the results from Siege of Dragonspear and BG EE on my system. Sadly they didn't want to install

Attached Files

#77 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

Those are the component number 1's installs... not 10, 11 or 12.
As the component number 10 is the mage spell refresh, 11 is the divine spell refresh, and 12 is the innate spell refresh.. there isn't 12 components, but these are place holders... still it will give the component names.

Will fix that shortly... but try again install the components 10, 11 and 12.
Edit, beta 2, I just added the folders I had forgot to add+their files.

Edit two: There's a currently things wrong in the beta 2, and I'll try to fix them soon, but we'll see when I get to them.

Attached Files

Edited by The Imp, 02 August 2017 - 03:34 AM.

#78 Emardon Lareous

Emardon Lareous
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

Here's the debug from when attempting to set a linear formula 240*Level

Attached Files

#79 Emardon Lareous

Emardon Lareous
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

The spell refresh component works when you chose "On successful casting only" but Sadly Clerics still don't refresh, the option for refresh on unsuccessful casting doesn't appear to either sadly

Edited by Emardon Lareous, 25 December 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#80 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, ... I somehow screwed the last release a lot. It's still in the works.