Photo

iiSpellSystemAdjustments

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

The spell xp part has a interesting bug or unexpected feature.

The xp is only awarded on the first casting of the spell (i was intending to use it to balance the xp of a triple class party somewhat).

#22 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

duh, it's because i misinterperted the "maximum" - i thought it was a maximum per cast, not for all of them!

#23 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

OK, so I updated this mod a few days ago to correct that age old typo that messed with the the larger spell files, and I have yet another update to upload(I have just finished the alpha tests), but I need a few test runs to be made with it, so I am looking for volunteers to check if they can go through the new install procedure I am working on, and some feedback on it.
Also I need to make the mod have completely new translations, but the .tra file is to be compiled yet...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#24 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

What's different?

I'm reinstalling (again) because of in a fit of desperate rage for not being able to compile a script modification for SCS manually (because of biffing i guess - even after unbiffing) I resolved to reinstall the scs component with the modified tweaks for the semi multi clerics casting and let SCS compile the file, but managed to fuck that up by reinstalling SCSII instead and something went wrong.

Then absolutely blinded by rage, i deleted the bgt dir, including the modified script file - opps.

So i can try it, but make no timely promises - i have stuff to do soon.

Edited by i30817, 13 September 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#25 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

What's different?

Well, you have to see it to believe ... unfortunatly that also makes the automated install far too hard to predict, unless you want to make a manually install first.
And I had to remove the XP part of the mod temporarily. It causes havoc...
This is the new .tp2 file, it's best if you copy it over the existing one in the mod folder(iiSpellSystemAdjustments) and then install it:

Attached Files

#26 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

Think i'll use the previous version for now:

[Setup-iiSpellSystemAdjustments.exe] WeiDU version 22900
[Setup-iiSpellSystemAdjustments.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
In state 1394, I expected one of these tokens:
  [372] END
Parse error (state 1394) at BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

[IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS/SETUP-IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS.TP2] PARSE ERROR at lin
e 585 column 1-24
Near Text: BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
        GLR parse error

[IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS/SETUP-IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS.TP2]  ERROR at line 585
 column 1-24
Near Text: BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS/SETUP-IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS.TP2]: Pa
rsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS/SETUP-IISPELLSYSTEMADJU
STMENTS.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.

#27 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

Ah darn, I must have uploaded the wrong file... it's bad when you try to do multiple things at the same time, among them improving the code, the above line is totally unnecessary too.
Well, I'll upload the final v7 tomorrow, perhaps. The .tra files and all when I get to test that it works completely.

#28 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:37 AM

I have a suggestion for you: make a optional component for this mod that is the opposite of the "rest anywhere" tweak, the rest almost nowhere tweak.

Make those potions count.

Even better would be the "enemies find you out tweak" where the spawns figure out where you are and start attacking you en masse if you take your time sleeping in Durlag's Tower or something.

#29 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

I updated the mod to v7.
Now the mod includes multiple ways (4) to determine the time delays, that and the successful and unsuccessful casting components are all tied up together in one nice and neat package, so it removes the component amount while giving more options to choose from. This is for both the Arcane(Mages, Specialty Wizards, Sorcerers & Bards and all their kits) spells in one component, and for the Divine(Clerics, Druids & all their Kits) spells in the other component. I also combined the XP from casting components for each spell form and re-targeted the effected files on the divine XP component.
The change might have caused a few bugs to turn out, so I hope that I get a lot of angry letters ... :whistling: ... as that means that people are still interested and want to install this mod.
Ouh, and here's a picture of a successfully installed first component, in case you were wondering:
Posted Image

I think those are the "House rules" tweaks, and they are somewhat hard to make so that they stick without cluing things together and possibly braking something. So if you wish to use them, then I would suggest that you first try to live with it, and then make a mod that does it, if your live experiment is successful.
Or this is just a defense mechanism because I cannot code such a component. ;) :lol:

#30 -Sellous-

-Sellous-

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'm sorry, but what do you mean with "level variable" in option 2? This is a variable that I choose or an equation based on the level of the spell?

#31 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

It's a constant added to all levels.
if you chose 100 and 10,

100 + 10 for level 1, 100 + 10 * 2 for level 2, etc.

#32 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

I tried to install iiSpellSystemAdjustments but the installer unexpectedly aborts after the lines:

Now, do you wish that the spells are restored when:
1) Only when the casting is completelly successful
2) Even if it's not

It seems to me there is a bug in the code after line 227

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

I tried to install iiSpellSystemAdjustments but the installer unexpectedly aborts after the lines:

Now, do you wish that the spells are restored when:
1) Only when the casting is completelly successful
2) Even if it's not

It seems to me there is a bug in the code after line 227

... Well, I would need a little more info... as you know the .debug's content give everything.

#34 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

I hope it is any help for you.

Attached Files

#35 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

I hope it is any help for you.

Well, will check...

Hmm, and it gives nothing else ? As you can see from my pathetically small install... that it finishes at it:
Spoiler

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 11 November 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#36 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

Installing Vecna after Pack Mule and iiSpellSystemAdjustments solved the problem. Sorry that I suspected your mod has a bug.

#37 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Interesting. I did have vecna (but no pack mule) last install, but it installed (last version).

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

Interesting indeed :unsure: I have this working perfectly in my install... the only manual fiddling I did was move the top 3 TOOLTIP.2DA rows added by IRv3 at the bottom (like you mentioned in the G3 thread :unsure:)

Spoiler

Also, it might be worth mentioning that I installed iiSSAM manually :P (pause the install.bat and manually started setup-iiSSAM.exe) because I couldn't get it to work with inside the install.bat :lol: Maybe that affects things?

Edited by Lollorian, 14 November 2011 - 06:49 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#39 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

To clarify, i installed it after vecna too, and manually too, though i didn't notice if it would or not install from the bat file.

Edited by i30817, 14 November 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#40 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

Installing Vecna after Pack Mule and iiSpellSystemAdjustments solved the problem. Sorry that I suspected your mod has a bug.

This is actually useful information, so thanks, and no need to be sorry... :cheers: :Bow: