Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v10.3 released

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

I had this problem. I posted it in this thread here.

Perhaps it is more common than you think :mellow:

#22 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

Click - in all cases it's the missing translation that was added by the fixpack. Maybe the download was not correct or you already patched the files so patching did not work and the translations still missing after running the fixpack (again). The line with translation @4079 was added if I use the download from the linklist and FP 10.3.3.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#23 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

Well, I guess i was using IR 2.0 . Gonna download the IR 3.1 from media fire and the hot fixes 3.5 and extract them manually. I was also using BWSetup, because its easy to configure, but everywhere I look people say not to use it, so I will try to learn how to edit the install.bat first to configure the mods the way I want. Any inputs would be appreciate.

Tx, and sorry about the bad english

#24 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Some notes about the latest Installpack 10.3.3
- BWPSmoothpack seems to apply with a LOT of offsetting, might wanna rebuild them all :) (BGT has a HUNK failing because it's already applied by the Trim/Fixpack)
- Celestiales (the spanish animation replacer) and Spell Revisions are COMPATIBLE! There's no reason not to install the anim replacer if SR is installed :P
- Similar treatment done with Rezmod component #3 and Item Revisions
- List.txt has 2 entries for Auden (lines 22 & 24) - can the list.txt and tra.txt's be sorted in ascending order btw? :P Seems just a matter of opening them in a spreadsheet program and sorting them :)

Also about BWPFixpack 10.3.4
- HF_HHG needs a file renamed (dump\hfrunaway.wav -> hfrnaway.wav) for its fix to actually work lol :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#25 -William Imm-

-William Imm-

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Also a note on BP and TOOLTIP.2DA (yes, again)

Apparently, if you do a mod installation without CtB or other mods that modify TOOLTIP.2DA to have 7 colums, the Big Picture installation fails.

Lol, can you please rework your patch so that it dosen't bomb with 6-columed TOOLTIP.2DAs?

#26 -William Imm-

-William Imm-

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Then again, I did install the igi key names mod.. maybe that has something to do with it.

#27 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

Hello, here are two requests for mods to be included in the next version of BWP:

1. NPC Kitpack

2. LadeJarl's Original BG1 GUI (made for Tutu, but also works fine for BGT as far as I can tell).

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

Just a small update for the linkliste :D (and this thread desperately needed bumping :ph34r:)

Weimer's Itme Upgrade is now (unofficially - until the PPG server gets updated atleast) at v39 and there are download links in this post thanks to cmorgan :cheers: Using that package means the BWPFixpack can deprecate its fixes for itemupgrade :D

YAY for Fixpack 10.3.6 btw! Awesome cleanup job in that :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#29 -hawkmoon[ru]-

-hawkmoon[ru]-

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

BWP 10.3.6
%NMAC% %IFN2% %IF% BiG_warning %TXT%@78 | %M%
%NMAC% %IFN2% %IFN% BiG_warning %TXT%@79 | %M%
%AD% %TXT%@130 | %M%
During install, on one of these lines (that's where summary is printed, between widescreen mod and adult warning) there is warning, "can't find selected file". Don't really know if it has any impact on installation, but it's better to check it out, right?

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Extremely miniscule thing :P

Ktweaks component #3 needs to be installed if component #2 is installed :lol:

#31 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hello, here are two requests for mods to be included in the next version of BWP:

2. LadeJarl's Original BG1 GUI (made for Tutu, but also works fine for BGT as far as I can tell).

This version of sub-race works fine, but don't pick the gui change, it would be cool if it was slightly modified (Ive tried to get ahold of the original author.. hes been gone for.. along time) It works as it says... its a awesome mod.

It needs to be modified to include sub races for BGI NPC's and the gui option removed... it gives out subraces to player and joinable NPC's (Note the alt NPC races should be removed) Its a fantasic mod and it would be a sham to not have this as a part of BWP as its simply too cool.. Sub-races!!!!!

Sub Race Mod

Edited by ShadowTek, 17 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot

#32 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Try linking to the mod's hosted site instead of uploading the file.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#33 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

Solaufein: Send me a PM if you've got an issue, be careful with reporting posts -- it's for spam only. It's easy to accidentally delete someone's post.

Definitely post stuff to original sites/forums, please, I've stated this so many times I feel a bit like a broken record. :)

#34 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have found some mistake in the Installpack 10.3.4.

Call %INST% item_rev "10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 1020 1030"

15 and 16 is subcomponents of one component.

Posted Image

Therefore here should be only one of them.

#35 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

OT, but this disscussion reminded me anyway...

Solaufein, I would like to ask you permission to resurect the subrace mod (the one ShadowTek uploaded). I'm planning to bring this up to latest WeiDU, add the drow level-up fix, and expand this mod to cover more races, even having a race changer in the style of Level1NPCs. I'm also thinking of changing the paperdoll/avatar depending on the subrace (ie: deep gnomes get deep gnome animation, drow get approiate skincolor, genasi get the genasi animation, tieflings get the tiefling animation, etc...)

Yea, the new mod will require Infinity Animations. (If this is going into the BWP, put it right around where Level1NPCs is, don't know how they interact). I may have to add animation depending on the subrace to get the proper avatar.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#36 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

Leo, nice that you gave the installpack the update, but you are missing the rest of the GOG Fixes. Please look at this version here for the rest of the fixes.

Also, shouldn't you put BuTcHerY componet 2 after SCSII? From it's readme:

I recommand to install my last component "Rebalancing Tazok and Dig-Dag" after SCSII . If you install my component before, nothing dangerous will happen but Tazok will get some berseker rages in additions to barbares ones.

While you are at it, make it imcompatible with Revised Battles Firrikag as well. Also from it's readme:

My mod is not compatible with improved Firkraag from revisited batlles. (don't expect crash but an impossible fight)

Edited by William Imm, 17 January 2012 - 06:13 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#37 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Try linking to the mod's hosted site instead of uploading the file.

Opps.. sorry my bad, changed link
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot

#38 -Suslik-

-Suslik-

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

I am thinking about installing up-to-date BWP. I currently have pretty stable standard 9.10 and I have a few questions about this release:
1) How stable 10.3 is? Is it like.. playable? Because Leonardo's words "I am very discontented with this version, because so many problems are not solved" do bother me a lot.
2) Is it safe to use BWS with this version?
3) I have always used standard BWP versions only. Which sides of gameplay does tactic install affect? What should I expect of it?

#39 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

Okay, current report. I have used BWS and it worked surprisingly well, I only had to download just a few mods manually and to update those that I think should be updated. Had some weird problems with Saerileth(big world install refused to detect it) but I replaced it with an older version and it worked well. I hope.

I got an error installing Item Revisions (v2)
Installing [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] [v2]
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
I state 866, I expected one of these tokens:
  [0] EOF
Parse error (state 866) at END
Strange enough, its not the error mentioned above about missing translation entities. How can I fix this? I am ready to restore the backup an re-launch big world script.

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

v2
There you have it :D The BWP v10.3 has IRv3 and its hotfixes ;) v2 has a separate set of hotfixes that isn't included in the BWPFixpack atm :P