Pathetic chidish stories! :angry:<_<
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#22 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:53 AM

Pathetic chidish stories! :angry:<_<

Not sure which stories you were referring to...I hope you weren't intending to flame Dorotea's? :huh:

#23 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 10:46 AM

Nuh - Lauf, I don't think it was flaming me - although flaming other mods is also a bad idea that I disagree with. And in any case I am over it now since the original case was resolved and apologies accepted by all sides. The LR is 'on' again and it is staying here for now. In fact I was re-vamping the whole plot today and writing more of the dialogs.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#24 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 11:31 AM

Nuh - Lauf, I don't think it was flaming me - although flaming other mods is also a bad idea that I disagree with. And in any case I am over it now since the original case was resolved and apologies accepted by all sides. The LR is 'on' again and it is staying here for now. In fact I was re-vamping the whole plot today and writing more of the dialogs.

Glad to hear it was all sorted out, and that you're working on LR again. :) I haven't forgotten about the remaining dialogues I promised you either, I just need to be in the proper mood to do them, but you'll get them eventually.

#25 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:06 AM

Sorry to bring up a (slightly) old topic, but I just thought I'd point out that parodies are rarely done to spite people; generally authors write parodies of things they love, not things they hate.

In other words, parodies are usually intended as humorous tributes, not some form of written attack :)

#26 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:41 AM

Satirising something is an act of contempt instead.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#27 wizard of thay

wizard of thay

working...meh

• 112 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:13 AM

Glad you are still with us.
Past: BG2: SilverstarNPC Dialogue writer. Oblivion Mods: Ruined Tail,Cleon and the Legacy Beta tester
Present: Oblivion Mods: NPC's with Jobs Beta tester
Future: No idea

#28 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:46 PM

Sorry to bring up a (slightly) old topic, but I just thought I'd point out that parodies are rarely done to spite people; generally authors write parodies of things they love, not things they hate.

In other words, parodies are usually intended as humorous tributes, not some form of written attack :)

I have to agree to nightmare there! Besides Everybody who writes mods is my personal hero. Conflicting views bring about different mods, but they are still at the installers discretion. I am only using those I like best, but I honor the effort put into each one.

so please reconsider.

since this is a two weeks too late post...

hooooray if you are still here
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#29 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 12:55 AM

Not sure which stories you were referring to...I hope you weren't intending to flame Dorotea's? :huh:

I don't know why the hell are you quarreling... There are more important things to quarrel than that...
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#30 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:09 AM

Are you trolling or do you have another reason for posting non sequiturs?
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan