Photo

Minor BGT 1.12 (BG1) bugs

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

I have been thinking for some time about reporting some really minor bugs in BGT so here they come.

1. The tutors at Candlekeep keep talking about the inventory unpausing the game. Since this isn't correct in the BGII engine maybe it should be changed to avoid confusing new players.

MONKTU1.DLG
You can pause the game at any time by hitting the SPACE BAR or left-clicking on the clock face. Unpausing occurs the same way, although looking at the inventory page will also unpause the game. Pausing is most useful during combat where it gives you the time to carefully orchestrate your party's attack. While paused, issue your commands. When you unpause the game your characters will obey the orders you have given them. If you do not use the SPACE BAR, you will find the entire game very difficult to play.
(StrRef: 82584)

Unpausing occurs the same way, although looking at the inventory page will also unpause the game. -> Unpausing occurs the same way.

MONKTU4.DLG
You can look at your inventory page by right-clicking on your character portrait. The game always unpauses when you go to the inventory page, however, so be careful during combat!
(StrRef: 82592)

Remove "The game always unpauses when you go to the inventory page, however, so be careful during combat!"

2. An odd sentence in one of the Berrun Ghastkill lines.

BERRUN.DLG
Unacceptable, and you well know it. Your companions need to verify what is happening here in Nashkel as much as I do. I need someone to descend into the mines southeast of the town, and find out what is causing our problems. Miners are going missing, and the ore we do retrieve is tainted and useless. You will be rewarded for your efforts. I think I you can see the benefits of helping me.
(StrRef: 76587)

I think I you can see the benefits of helping me. -> I think you can see the benefits of helping me.

3. If you talk to Emerson, the mine foreman, after leaving the Nashkel Mine you get a journal entry about seeing the mayor for a reward even if you have already collected the reward making the entry permanent.

EMERS2.DLG
Journal entry:
Investigate the Nashkel mines.

Emerson seemed quite happy about being able to get back to work, though there is still the problem of bandits attacking caravans. Oh, he also said to go see the mayor for a reward.
(StrRef: 74953)

Could the same check Berrun uses be implemented here?

OR(2)
PartyHasItem("MISC85") // Mulahey's Holy Symbol
PartyHasItem("SCRL2W") // Letter

Looking forward to BGT 1.13. Thanks for all the hard work Ascension64. It is appreciated!

Attached File  WeiDU.log   3.39K   243 downloads

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Fixed, thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the fixes and nice timing in getting them included in BGT 1.13. You're fix for Emerson was much better than my suggestion and should be foolproof.

A minor thing in BGT 1.13 though. The subtitle for the intro movie doesn't match one of the spoken lines completely.

Subtitle: I will be the last, and you will be the first.

Spoken: I will be the last, and you will go first.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Shows how bad my hearing is... thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Another extremely minor detail - The guy who "must dash to Beregst", Antoun(??) :unsure: (found in the bottom edge of Lion's Way, near the dead caravans) decides the quickest route to Beregost is exiting the area from the west :lol:

Yeah, I know - extremely minor :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Another extremely minor detail - The guy who "must dash to Beregst", Antoun(??) :unsure: (found in the bottom edge of Lion's Way, near the dead caravans) decides the quickest route to Beregost is exiting the area from the west :lol:

Yeah, I know - extremely minor :D

I actually passed him not 20 minutes ago, and laughed a bit at that. "Must hurry to Beregost! Make way for the messenger!" And then he scampers off to the west, standing not three seconds away from the southern border (to Beregost). :)

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

I doubt I can do anything about that, it's an EscapeArea()

--------------
Retired Modder

#8 Davias

Davias
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

I have a little problem with the bjornin quest in Beregost. I have installed only BGT with the fix and without any other big mods or something.
I have the NPC quest with the ogres from the wounded paladin in Beregost (Bjornin). Now I had killed the ogres, but the NPC is nowhere to be found in Beregos. I have heard it is a common bug in Baldur's Gate. Is it fixed in BGT, or did I do something wrong?

#9 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Not a bug I have had in my playthroughs. He's supposed to be at the Jovial Juggler in Beregost.

If he's really missing you can spawn him with the console command:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BJORNI")

Guide to the console: http://iesdp.gibberl...es/clua/bg2.htm

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have a little problem with the bjornin quest in Beregost. I have installed only BGT with the fix

What's the fix?

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

I've done a silent update to BGT 1.13 (dated 22 Jan 12) to fix the subtitle typo.
Seriously, don't update unless you are absolutely anal. And if you have already started a game in BGT 1.13, some of the strings will be messed up if you continue an old saved game.

Edited by Ascension64, 21 January 2012 - 02:29 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#12 globocide

globocide
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hey,

1.13 seems to have broken BWP setup, I can't seem to do a new installation with it :-(

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong though. Ideas?

James

Attached Files

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

BGTv1.13 overhauls the install process so you might wanna wait till the next BWP is out :D (or use v1.12 of BGT :unsure:)

This is not BGT's problem :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 22 January 2012 - 06:24 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#14 globocide

globocide
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

BGTv1.13 overhauls the install process so you might wanna wait till the next BWP is out :D (or use v1.12 of BGT :unsure:)

This is not BGT's problem :cheers:

Yeah half way through with 1.12. Thanks though. Looking forward to the new BWP whenever that is :-)

James

#15 snepp

snepp
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

(or use v1.12 of BGT Posted Image)

Is it available somewhere? The links to the old versions here are broken.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

snepp is right :unsure: The forum overhaul seems to have made the older downloads for (I think) all the mods unavailable :o (yes I tried to download when I was logged in :P)

#17 globocide

globocide
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

Sincere apologies if I was not supposed to upload this, but I know I was lucky to have an old copy lying around that I used - and it seems the BWS installer is not letting 1.13 or 1.14 work,.

JamesAttached File  BGT112-Install.rar   13.71MB   244 downloads

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

The world needs updating. :)
Anyway, if you can even successfully download a file from the forums, then that is good news.

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I took the liberty of adapting the fix for MONKTU1 and MONKTU4 to the German setup. Both dialogues are adjusted appropriately, in the same way as hook71 suggested for the English version.

To implement the change, let's expand setup-bgt.tp2:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// journal, sound, and [] update of bg1.tra
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[...]

ACTION_IF
  "%tra_updated%" = 0
THEN BEGIN
  COPY + ~bgt/bg1.tra~ ~bgt/bg1.tra~
	PATCH_INCLUDE ~bgt/include/tra_update.tpp~
	PATCH_IF ("%LANGUAGE%" STRING_EQUAL ~german~) BEGIN
	  PATCH_INCLUDE ~bgt/include/tra_mod_ger.tpp~
	END
	PATCH_IF ("%LANGUAGE%" STRING_EQUAL ~international~) BEGIN
	  PATCH_INCLUDE ~bgt/include/tra_mod_eng.tpp~
	END

The new file "tra_mod_ger.tpp" goes into bgt\include. I designed the REPLACE_TEXTUALLY commands so that they will work both with the original dialog.tlk of an unmodified German BG1 and with MK's popular BG1 textpatch installed.

Attached File  tra_mod_ger.tpp   581bytes   226 downloads

When searching for the modified strings I noticed that the change made to #17616 also applies to #16218, so I added the reference in the .tpp. This can be copied over to tra_mod_eng.tpp as well.

All changes were tested successfully with BGT 1.15 using both the original German BG1 as well as MK's BG1 textpatch.

Btw, I was wondering: Wouldn't it be reasonable to let the setup skip the changes made by tra_mod_eng.tpp and tra_mod_ger.tpp if the "Disable Force Inventory Pause" component from TobEx is detected?

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thanks. Detection of TobEx may come later.

--------------
Retired Modder