• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#941 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, they are helping out... but right now they are busy patching:) The future is looking bright for sure.

#942 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Announcing intention of devil's advocacy severely undercuts its efficacy, and this medium is too prone to letting people mistranslate in their favor already.

Isn't that true!! :)

-Y-

#943 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, they are helping out... but right now they are busy patching:)

No sht! Could take a while.

Posted Image

Any reason they went ahead and released it? Was getting it out before xmas worth the bad pub?

[Conspiracy #2: The pirate Sacha is the vanguard to getting mod sites shut down. Better to just delete those threads, perhaps. Beamdog may like modders, but I promise you Atari and EA do not.]

Edited by phordicus, 10 December 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#944 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

There's quite a bit of these bugs that were already present in BG1 and/or BG2. They're correcting important issues first.
Also note that there's quite a bit of these bug reports that aren't actually bugs :P

And finally, I've completed the game once, and I'm starting to complete the game once again. The game is far from beeing the mess you're saying it is :D

#945 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I'm starting to understand some of the butthurt but not from a player perspective but a modders perspective. :WTF:
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#946 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

[Conspiracy #2: The pirate Sacha is the vanguard to getting mod sites shut down.

That's nothing, I saw a staff member of BG modding forum to post a torrent link to BGEE :doh:

You gotta understand, however, that in countries with low income people may be quite sincere in their belief that them pirating software is no harm - which incidentally is true, because they simply lack enough free money to make a legal purchase.

Retired from modding.

#947 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Absolutely, yeah. It's not a cut-and-dried issue, and it's not as simple as just saying "pirating is bad," because for some it's the only possible access they'll ever have.

Still, at least here on SHS, it's a legal issue as some have pointed out.

#948 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I agree 100% with K'aeloree, but I'd also like to point out that nowadays, there are so many stellar F2P games that you can litterally game for hundreds of hours without spending a single cent... Just putting it out there. That wasn't exactly possible back in my days. /geezerspeech

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#949 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

but I'd also like to point out that nowadays, there are so many stellar F2P games that you can litterally game for hundreds of hours without spending a single cent... Just putting it out there.

You are wrong, at least on principle... as the SW:ToR and others are free, the issue is not about the time -EA at least has plans to make a lot of their games free to play and has done so to the Tiberium Dawn, Tiberium Sun and Red Alert, the further plan is to release the rest of the series...Anyways- but of the quality of the product. Just like it was first when the illegal copying was tried to be stopped via making the laws/whatever that re-states that when you buy a computer game, you are not actually infact buying the game itself, but a licence to use it's content with the end-user licence.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#950 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

LotRO is totally playable for hours on end without paying a dime. Same goes for Planetside 2, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Realm of the Mad God, Tribes: Ascend... Those are just a few examples and excellent games.
I never cited SW:TOR as an example, and for good reason, their F2P model is atrocious.

Edited by Eleima, 13 December 2012 - 01:10 AM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#951 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

I agree 100% with K'aeloree, but I'd also like to point out that nowadays, there are so many stellar F2P games that you can litterally game for hundreds of hours without spending a single cent... Just putting it out there. That wasn't exactly possible back in my days. /geezerspeech

Minus the part where nearly all of them are MMOs or MMO-type games and that an MMO has never been and will never be fun. :P

#952 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Minus the part where nearly all of them are MMOs or MMO-type games and that an MMO has never been and will never be fun. :P

That's a subjective opinion. Clearly, some people find them fun - I'm not a huge MMO fan myself, although I've enjoyed a few - or there wouldn't be such a huge market. But I digress.

In short, I agree with Eleima and K'aeloree - whatever our personal opinions may be, SHS as a site will not endorse illegal filesharing.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#953 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Also, I was a bit off topic, my apologies!

I do have a question, who's been playing BG:EE on the iPad? It looks like everyone here who bought it got the PC version...

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#954 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

That's a subjective opinion. Clearly, some people find them fun - I'm not a huge MMO fan myself, although I've enjoyed a few - or there wouldn't be such a huge market.

As was the assumed opinion in "there are so many stellar F2P games[...]", :) While there are certainly some well-made ones, I would have to challenge the broad usage of "stellar", if only because when describing games as "good" or "bad", one tends to refer to how much enjoyment can be derived from them, rather than the quality of the actual product. I guess you could say I am challenging an opinion with an opinion. :)

#955 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

And two wrongs don't make a right - but this is irrelevant and off-topic. :) Good talk.

I admit I don't have a huge interest in BG:EE, beyond my involvement in the community, but I'm supportive of it.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#956 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Okay, okay, I may have gone a bit overboard with the "stellar" bit, I'll give you that! ^_^ How about "totally playable"? Or perhaps "very enjoyable"? Or even "mildly pleasant"? Point is, the free to play market is opening up fast, and you can have loads of fun without spending much. Case in point, one of my friend's teenage son. Doesn't have a dime to his name, and those F2P I spoke of are almost all he plays (that, and Minecraft).

Back on topic: soooo no one got the iPad version? From what I hear, it's better on the iPad than on the PC.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#957 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Back on topic: soooo no one got the iPad version? From what I hear, it's better on the iPad than on the PC.

Well, considering there was previously nothing available on the iPad, it's not like vanilla Baldur's Gate was better on this device :P

#958 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Oh, Aranthys, you cheeky monkey, you! Let me specify, then. Has anyone tried it out on the Ipad, and how does it handle?

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#959 -lynx-

-lynx-

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Well, you could play it with GemRB, but it has no scaling and since they included some of the mod fixes, the experience should be better in general. Installing mods on istuff will likely be a nightmare, so any extras you get bundled are great.

#960 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Oh, Aranthys, you cheeky monkey, you! Let me specify, then. Has anyone tried it out on the Ipad, and how does it handle?

I played it for like 15 minutes, (b-baka oster-chan, it's not like I played it because I like you or anything) and it's actually not too terrible except for all the moments when you angrily tap around the exit to find those ten pixels that'll let you escape the map. This happens often