Mass Effect 3 DLC

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Looking past the day one DLC we've already seen, BioDoc Ray Muzyka is promising more DLC in his open letter. He also goes on to assure players that the additional content will provide "more clarity", meaning that BioWare may offer alternative endings through DLC, instead of just downright buckling under player pressure to change the standard game. On an unsurprising side note, he also confirmed that new Mass Effect games will be developed beyond this "original trilogy".

...Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey.

Posted Image

Edited by Archmage Silver, 21 March 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

News:
Medium Spoilers - From Ashes DLC Review @ GameBanshee

#3 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut (a *FREE DLC!)

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts Inc. announced Mass Effect™ 3: Extended Cut, a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of the critically acclaimed Action RPG. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes. Coming this summer, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be available for download on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC for no extra charge*.

* OFFER EXPIRES APRIL 12, 2014

http://investor.ea.c...eleaseID=662095

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#4 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

BioWare Announces Post-Ending DLC for Mass Effect 3 @ The Escapist
BioWare announces Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut @ EuroGamer
More news regarding this Extended Cut DLC. I've mixed feelings about it. They have said there will be no new ending per se, though.

Edit: ME3 Extended Cut FAQ @ BioWare

Edited by Eleima, 05 April 2012 - 09:37 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#5 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm disappointed. So what they're saying is, basically, that they're going to keep their colour-coded ABC endings, just make them longer. Ugh. I don't want to see more of those endings. I've already dismissed them... complete with airquotes.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I wish they'd make up their minds already - change it or not. This just seems like a half-way solution.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 05 April 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#7 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I wish they'd make up their minds already - change it or not. This just seems like a half-way solution.

I'm not surprised, this seems to be the by-the-book marketing PR response. Keeping it without changing anything would seem like they don't "listen to the fans", while changing it entirely would've meant they compromised their "artistic integrity".

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

I wonder if they're going to involve voice actors. Because if not, then, well...

#9 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Either the voice actors aren't involved, or they aren't talking about it:
FemShep's Voice Actress Talks Mass Effect 3 Ending @ The Escapist
Jennifer Hale Weighs Mass Effect 3's Ending @ Edge
Looks like we will have to wait and see.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#10 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Yeah, no new femShep lines -> not so good. Though I'd be happy if they just showed a short cutscene of Kaidan, Garrus and Co finding my Shepard in the ruins and carrying her to Normandy. :)

#11 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Multiplayer - resurgence-pack @ BioBlog

Was hoping for a krogan Vanguard. :D

#12 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Also: The Resurgence DLC will apparently be free of charge: Free Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC Coming Next Week @ The Escapist

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hm... that's nice. The multiplayer has been better than I expected.

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

The Resurgence pack is now available on Origin.

#15 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Nice little thing they added for Geth is that they get a bonus for using geth weapons. The geth's heavy melee feels real similar to Halo Reach Armor Lockdown ability.

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

There's a new video titled "ME3 Multiplayer Strategy #3 - Resurgence" available at BioWare's blog.

#17 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Disturbing rumor that the "Ending DLC" wasn't supposed to be free...
Mass Effect 3's True Ending DLC Was Never Supposed To Be Free? @ Cinema Blend
'Mass Effect 3' Ending: DLC Wasn't Meant To Be Free; Did EA Slash Price To Subdue Fans? @ International Business Times
Free Mass Effect 3 DLC accidentally goes on sale @ Kotaku

Edited by Eleima, 15 April 2012 - 11:31 PM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#18 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

Since is the "DLC Topic" I would assume asking if Javik is worth the price of buying his DLC? Is he a decent companion story wise and game play wise? I just finished my first play through of ME3 and was wondering if its worth seeing him for the 2nd time I play through ME3.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#19 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Since is the "DLC Topic" I would assume asking if Javik is worth the price of buying his DLC?  Is he a decent companion story wise and game play wise?  I just finished my first play through of ME3 and was wondering if its worth seeing him for the 2nd time I play through ME3.

I bought the Collector's Edition so I don't know if I could tell you about the "worth" of it but I find him to be a very nicely developed character. I guess if you were to compare the Javik NPC to the LOTSB DLC, I'd say the worth of Javik is not quite there - the NPC is light years better than Zaeed or Kasumi but the quest is kind of boring.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#20 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

I would say he is not worth the money. The only interesting thing about him is what he has to say about the Proteans and you can find that out watching some youtube vids.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA