Overview and F.A.Q.

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Nope, they really fight that much in SOA, haha. It's unlikely that they'd all trigger without a banter accelerator since some are situational, but most of Jaheira's are on timer. Those three are kind of off in their own little world of mutual hatred and organizational strife.

Hmm, I couldn't say for certain if the Quest Pack would get in the way of interjections, though I doubt it would make much of a difference. I don't think any of the quests he'd comment on afterwards are small enough to qualify. As for Alternatives, if you don't side with either Aran or Bodhi, you'd definitely miss a little bit.

#62 eSqr

eSqr
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Any possibilities for reactions to Romantic Encounters?

Edited by eSqr, 25 August 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#63 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

At some point, possibly. I've toyed with it a bit, but he'd only really comment if you were already committed to him, so for the most part those would end in tears. Or occasionally in blood. I'm really not sure how much it's worth if they're almost all going to end badly anyway, haha.

#64 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Cheers. I'll skip Alternatives next time then.

#65 EpitomyofShyness

EpitomyofShyness
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I've got b!tweaks installed which lets me play a NG Half-Elf Paladin. Just wanted to make sure that won't cause any problems with the Romance.

#66 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Nope, you should be okay. Well. I can't promise that he'll necessarily like a paladin, but the tweaks should be fine.

#67 EpitomyofShyness

EpitomyofShyness
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Haha no she's not your typical Paladin. I'm going to get that sexy half-elf, no matter the cost. You try and run Adrian, you try and run. MWAHAHAA!

#68 -l-goon17-

-l-goon17-

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Can i (please!) ask for crossmod banters for angelo, xan, and keto? These are NPCs that im exploiting the most during my game sessions so it would be wonderful to see how they response to the new character. But nothing by force of course ;)

Cant wait for the release!!! ;]

#69 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'm afraid I don't have anything for Keto since I don't know her that well, but he does (or at least will) have crossmod with Angelo and Xan. Unfortunately, the CBP hasn't been updated just yet, but if you're comfortable messing around with files, you can add them yourself manually.

If you don't want to wait for an official update, I've set it up so that you should just be able to replace the old "setup-crossmodbg2.tp2" entirely with the one here (rather than opening it up and editing it), and then add the folders where they belong, but if anything goes wrong, tell me and I'll fix it. =)

Attached Files

#70 -l-goon17-

-l-goon17-

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Works like a dream! ;] Thank you very much for such quick response. NPC seems to be very complexed and well-considered - so thumb up from me! ;)

Unfortunately, I found lack of voicing quite annoying. Is there a plan to add it in the future? I mean other one than made by Tatterdemalion - you know - 'official'? And, if yes, when? ;)

#71 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Not at present, I'm afraid!

#72 -Cassiopeia-

-Cassiopeia-

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

First and foremost: Adrian is fantastic!

I read what you mentioned about Adrian and Anomen not having any big romance conflict, and I can see what you mean: it would've been contrived, given how the romances progress.

That said: I have a lot of fun with romance conflicts, so are there any mod romances that do have romance conflict with Adrian? Or are any in the works?

Just curious! And again, thank you for this mod, the character (and romance in particular) are really well-written.

#73 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Not really! I'm kind of allergic to the things myself. There's a little bit of one with Gavin, and something with Faren as well, but nothing big.

I'm glad you're enjoying him, though!

#74 -Kimmuryiel-

-Kimmuryiel-

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

I have a couple questions, will he be Bodhinappable? I'm loving the romance so far (except not knowing about that talk that requires sleeping in a forest, think I went a couple chapters thinking he was just being moody.) How many talks are there for SoA in total? I'm the type of person who, when I'm not playing, will leave the game running to collect up talks. Particularly overnight. Also, are there any talks that require me being in the Underdark? (Kinda past that point, so I hope not)

#75 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'm glad you're enjoying! Yep, he's Bodhinappable. There should be 27 talks, and there is a separate talk that will trigger in the Underdark, but it's not tied to the romance track or anything if for some reason, it didn't trigger.

#76 -kimmuryiel-

-kimmuryiel-

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

thank you! due to my not having known about the forest-sleep-specific talk he wasn't "committed" when I first tested Bodhi to see if she'd 'nap him....uh, would BG tweaks romance cheats section affect his preferences? I'm not sure if that mods affects non-Bioware content (normally doesn't matter, I think Adrian is the first NPC mod I've downloaded that doesn't romance elves (my normal race until such a time as someone adds in half-dragons :) )

#77 -kimmuryiel-

-kimmuryiel-

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

and, when do I know I've had the last SoA talk? The last one I had was cuddling by the fire <3

#78 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Romance cheats shouldn't have any effect, no. You can just set his romance active variable manually if you want to romance him as an elf, though.

The last talk starts something like "Athkatla, City of Coin," so you're not there quite yet!

#79 -kimmuryiel-

-kimmuryiel-

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

ok, thank you! I'll have to remember that for next time....

#80 -kimmuryiel-

-kimmuryiel-

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

There seems to be a bug with Sarevok, not sure if it's Adrian's mod (but he was walking up to me like people do in Adrian's mod) where he'd walk up to me like he wanted to say something but then didn't. I had to kick him out of the party because he kept doing that and making it difficult to loot or zone. (and I like having Sarevok in my party for ToB)