• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I've just released a tiny new CoI mod. It's a mini-quest called 'I shall never forget'. I hope you'll like it. To get some more info, check out the mod introduction thread and FAQ thread.

Because the mod upload centre does not work properly yet, here is the file. When Liam finds some time, it should be uploaded to the CoI download section.

Note that's an open beta and it the mod may be improoved if I find some more energy :)

Cheers
Lava

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 06 August 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

How about some details:
  • What is the quest about?
  • Where (and possibly when) does the quest begin?
  • What kinds of challenges are presented? (Puzzles, combat, random events, etc.)
  • Is there a recommended experience level? (Will this quest flatten a party straight out of the prologue? Will a post-Spellhold party be bored?)
  • Do BioWare NPCs participate with interjections or other content?
  • Are there rewards?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

-It is about a mage from Goverment District, who has - or maybe had - only 2 reasons to live: his research and his wife. We meet him some time after loss of the "2nd reason". He's desperate and we are there to help him on his new goal I'd rather not say (but I suppose you may guess it easly).

-You can start the quest once you get out of the Irenicus' dungeons. It starts in Goverment District after we enter new area that has been added.

-It's about getting some information, being a 'delivery service' and slaying some enemies. And doubting if what we're doing is fine. There is one place where charname must go on his/her own (but I tried to make it easy - I'm not a fan of super-difficult fights).

-It's for low-level party, I suppose. Post-Spellhold part may be bored.

-Nope, no interjections etc, however there was a plan.

-Significant amount of gold, what may be a nice feature for those who want to get it quicku. Also few new items. And possible reputation bonus.

Maybe it's not really impressive, but this mod was to be bigger. That's why I marked it as beta1. I just don't have time because I'm trying to get my bachelor's degree righ now. I've got to handle my thesis + pass a kind of... exam. Another thing is that I am a bit discouraged because of EE. I am afraid that changing my mods so they could work with EE may be an overwhelming tast... :(

However, maybe it's just because of my mood? I don't know... but... maybe I'll make it better if people like the story itself? The plot was to be a bit emotional... the loss of what we care about etc. If it appears that the story has the impact, I may add some content. There were supposed to be interjections, banters etc.

Thanks for the concern, Berelinde. Maybe it's a symbol that there is some interest in mod-writing / mods themseves / BG series.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 14 June 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#4 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Congratulations on the release! :cheers: I wondered what happened to this little mod... Just installed and plan to play through it again with my next party.
"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

I don't remember if I fixed everything you mentioned, but I still have the PM with feedback. I'm just too busy right now because of my thesis and my cousin's wedding.
And again - thanks for your help :)

#6 -Tatyan-

-Tatyan-

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Uhhh new mod by you! :D Awesome.

Off to add it to my installation u.u

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

The mod is now ploaded to the download centre! :)
http://www.shsforums...04-isnf-vbeta1/

#8 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Very nice job on this mod, Lava. The observatory looks great and the soundtrack inside it (original or in-game?) set the mood perfectly.

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursga...php?board=133.0

Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod

http://www.baldursga...a=view;down=196

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#9 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

As far as I remember, I used Lunatic Soul tracks as Mariusz Duda let me :) And the observatory is slightly recoloured BG1 area, so... :P But thanks :)
I suppose I should prepare a new version of this one...

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 06 December 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#10 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'd like to make note - the mod wasn't traified yet, even though I was to take care of it but -- I am considering making some additional improovements as I'm not entirely happy with the content right now. So please, dear translators, don't work on it yet :) I would like to make the project worth your effort first :)

Not sure when I'll work on it, not sure how big the changes will be, but I want to do SOMETHING with it.

Cheers!

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 17 March 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#11 -rjb-

-rjb-

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Where is The Incomplete?  I can't find him in the Temple Sewers.  I am wondering if I am overlooking him or if there is a mod incompatibility -  I have installed many mods.

#12 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

http://www.sorcerers...le-district.jpg

Go south from 11. There should be an entrance to new area.

#13 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Hi

An error during installation (probably just a small one, but still).

Attached Files

#14 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:34 AM

I've got a question about the ending:

Spoiler

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#15 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:58 AM

Spoiler

#16 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

Spoiler

Thank you. I admit that the description was a little bit misleading. Anyway, I will say that this mod was the weakest amongst all I've played that are yours. I would say 7.5/10 is the rating. I saw in some topics that you were thinking to revamp it a bit. Are you still planning to do that?

Colors of Infinity is a 9/10 (I admit that 9/10 is due to the fact that I couldn't find the yellow color - I had to use a spoiler )

Elistraee's song is a 10/10

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#17 -Kate-

-Kate-

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

I can't seem to find an entrance to the Temple of Sune? As in I have found it but can not seem to enter it. Am I missing something, perhaps?

#18 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

Is this the place to report bugs?

I never started the quest but Ganymedes appeared in the Docks' house while I was minding my own business (Paladin stronghold quest in the same house) and started talking as if we were in the streets (and proposed to move to the house which he was already in) about Orion whom I've never met !

Could use a check like ISNFMakeEnemy=1 global that is set in the street (gov district I assume) dialog for his spawn in AR0416.BCS ?

Edited by Beleg33, 28 May 2015 - 06:25 AM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#19 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

Is this the place to report bugs?

I never started the quest but Ganymedes appeared in the Docks' house while I was minding my own business (Paladin stronghold quest in the same house) and started talking as if we were in the streets (and proposed to move to the house which he was already in) about Orion whom I've never met !

Could use a check like ISNFMakeEnemy=1 global that is set in the street (gov district I assume) dialog for his spawn in AR0416.BCS ?

Found the same - I think I discovered some new stuff already, now I just checked where it comes from and found your mod. I have not yet started it but was at the Sune temple where they thanked me for the statue I rescued (yes, i had it already). Now I just had the same scene described above and Ganymedes left saying he would meet me at the docks (that is where we just were). I assume later when I need him he will not be there or maybe start the wrong dialogue?

Anyway, I think some globals need to be checked here.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#20 Jab

Jab
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

I can't seem to find an entrance to the Temple of Sune? As in I have found it but can not seem to enter it. Am I missing something, perhaps?

I have the same issue.