• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

File Name: Skie NPC
File Submitter: K'aeloree
File Submitted: 06 Aug 2012
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

Click here to download this file

Hey ho! I would like to announce that I have just prepared English version of my very first mod - Skie BG2 NPC (later slightly upgraded and released as Skie ReDone). It may be quite ridiculous mod, it's not really huge or something, but it has a special place in my heart.
Still, it is somehow potent, because even now, after years it can make some people laugh! Enjoy the absurd or the broken nail!

PS. Until download center is fixed, it will be available as attachement :)

I would like to thank Malakazar and Noctalys - English version is available only because of their help!

Skie BG2 ReDone
Author: Lava Del'Vortel
Version: 3.0

1. ABOUT THE MOD
Everyone who has ever played Baldur's Gate 1 remembers the spoiled, rich daughter of Entar Silvershield- Skie. She's a neutral human thief (with no subclass in BG2) and has the abilities outlined below:

Strength: 11
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 13

The mod features new banters, interactions, conversations with Charname and the original soundset from the first part of the Saga. It has content for ToB, but that's a bit less developed.
Skie can start a romance with the main character - it must be a male elf, human, half-elf or tiefling. That means Charname will be able to get to know Skie in a completely new way!
Skie can be met in the tents of the fair.

Skie ReDone is the reincarnation of Skie BG2 NPC. The mod was practically rewritten- the conversations have been expanded, some new ones have been added and some old ones have been corrected. New objects have been added, old ones corrected, all scripts have been rewritten and a third epilogue has been added. The finding of objects has been made easier and is now connected to a little romance quest. When it comes to text, well, there's now 80% more than the old version had.

OPTIONAL COMPONENT 1:
Skie's abilites are strangely divided. This component changes them. The new ones are the following:

Strength: 9
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 10
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 14

OPTIONAL COMPONENT 2:
Since version Skie BG2 NPC 4.0 was introduced, you can use an alternative portrait of Skie.
Author of the portrait: Plasmocat
Portrait comes from G3.

2. INSTALLATION:

A) Unzip to the folder with the game.
B) Run Skie-setup.exe
C) Install the mod.
D) It's ready! You DON'T have to start a new game to meet Skie on your road!

3. CREDITS:

Originator and coder: Lava Del'Vortel
Soundset: Baldur's Gate I
Music: Kiss from a Rose (Instrumental) - Seal's song
Alternative portrait: Plasmocat
English translation: Malakazar
Proofreading: Noctalys

A massive thank you to every player who has decided to use this mod!

4. The history of each version:

22.01.2008 - v. 1.0 BETA:

-First issue.
-Banters, interactions, soundset.

23.01.2008 - v. 1.1 BETA:

-I have added the opportunity to summon Skie in ToB, interactions in ToB and epilogue.

30.01.2008 - v. 2:

-New banters added, additional conversation with the main character in ToB.
-Errors corrected.
-Alternative abilites for Skie.

10.05.2008 - v. 3:

-Minor corrections.
-New object.
-New, mini-story added, plus new characters connected with this story

24.06.2008 - v. 3.1:

-Spelling errors corrected.
-Error in the conditions of dialogue corrected.

06.01.2009 - v. 4:

-Alternative portrait.
-New conversations with CHARNAME.
-Banters' and CHARNAME talking scripts.
-New personal item for Skie.
-Conversation with Salvanas.
-Revising of banters and scripts.  
-New Skie abilities which she starts using from 11th level. But it is not a big deal :).
-Conversation near the tree of life added.

20.06.2009 - v. 5:

-Conversations with Volo.
-Romance theme for men.
-Minor corrections.
-Alternative epilogue.
-New quest, objects, reactions conncted with the romance.
-Music.

22.06.2009 - v. 5.1:

-Faulty file exchanged.

01.05.2011 - ReDone v. 1.0:

-All conversations expanded.
-New conversations with CHARNAME added.
-New banters added.
-Romance issue connected with Bodhi (chapter 5) added.
-New object added.
-Collecting jewels for the designer is now easier.
-New epilogue added.
-New interactions added, one of which being connected with the romance, happening near the stairs under the Spellhold.
-Crossmod from Tales of the Deep Gardens added
-Scripts responsible for the appearance of Skie dialogues re-written
-Finishing the whole mod

03.11.2011 - ReDone v. 1.1:

-Correction of the script (bug corrected)

03.08.2012 - ReDone v. 2.0:

-English translation
-English soundset added
-Brand new portrait option
-Minor fixes

02.02.2015 - ReDone v. 3.0:

-BG2EE version
-Plasmocat's portrait set as the main one, other were disabled in WeiDU (present in mod, though)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 01 February 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

I'm currently working on crossmod talks and if you're a modder and you would like there to be a crossmod, let me know. I doubt that someone is interested, though :P It's not a big mod, but still funny ^^
I have already talks with Xan, Tiax and Coran (all accepted by Kulyok), Yvette, Varshoon, Petsy, Aeon, Swylif and Quayle. Now Arath and Xulaye, but I still need to talk about it to K'ealoree.

#3 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

The file has been uploaded to the download centre! Thank's Liam :)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 05 August 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#4 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

I have just started playing this Mod as well has the COI mods. I like the fact that Skie is bit silly this balance out by some of the subjects in love talks eg her mother. She has very unquie personality which is refreshing compared to many NPCs that have more troubled backgrounds. Good work and great choice of background music.

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

I was wondering if I should change the music, because it's too characteristic, but I've decided to leave it.

And thank you :) I am aware of the fact that this mod isn't amazing etc, but it was more than 4 years since I released the first version :) I some stuff would look differently now, but... it's still nice that someone decided to translate it :) It means a lot :)

So again - thanks for your kind words :) I hope you'll like the rest of the mod :)

#6 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hi just finshed my SOA play through of this mod and i really enjoyed how the romance went.
Thank you

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm glad :) I'm not sure if ToB is really impressive, but... well, just have fun :)

#8 Alexander-UckateJIb

Alexander-UckateJIb
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hello! Where I can find her?

#9 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

In one of the Trademeet's tents :)
Cheers!

#10 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

ReDone v3.0 is up and it works on BG2EE. Cheers!

#11 -Dystopian-

-Dystopian-

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

Not sure about the scope of this mod.  Skipped Chapter 4, no reaction to sleeping with (or not) Phaere, reaction to slayer transformations, but no bodhi kidnapping.  Is this all okay or have I missed something along the way and need to reload?  Could you release a guide or list of lovetalks so I can backtrack accurately if need be?  

#12 -Dystopian-

-Dystopian-

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:00 AM

Just an Addendum I am currently in chapter 6 on this playthrough.  My global lists of what I think are the relevant globals are:

SKIEROMANCEACTIVE 2

SKIEROMANCEACTIVECON 1

SKIEROMANCEC6 3

SKIEROMANCEQUEST 5

SKIEROMANCESLAYER 2

SKIEROMANCETALK 30

SKIEROMANCERUNDER 900463

There were two love talks in the underdark concerning the slayer change.  

The last lovetalk with her involved her possibly being pregnant.

Am I still on track?  Is there no Bodhi abduction?  Should I reload back to chapter 2?  

Also, good mod.  I've enjoyed it greatly.  It's a nice change of pace from the other romance mods.  A good mix of humor and drama without the melodramatic. 

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

Just an Addendum I am currently in chapter 6 on this playthrough.  My global lists of what I think are the relevant globals are:

SKIEROMANCEACTIVE 2

SKIEROMANCEACTIVECON 1

SKIEROMANCEC6 3

SKIEROMANCEQUEST 5

SKIEROMANCESLAYER 2

SKIEROMANCETALK 30

SKIEROMANCERUNDER 900463

There were two love talks in the underdark concerning the slayer change.  

The last lovetalk with her involved her possibly being pregnant.

Am I still on track?  Is there no Bodhi abduction?  Should I reload back to chapter 2?  

Also, good mod.  I've enjoyed it greatly.  It's a nice change of pace from the other romance mods.  A good mix of humor and drama without the melodramatic. 

I have played the mod recently and it looks like everything that is included for SoA has happened. Lovetalk 30 is the last one here, you have done her quest - I do not recall that more will happen with her until ToB. (I took a quick look at her scripts which confirms you missed nothing)

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#14 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

Hello to all,

I did yesterday my very first installation with BG1 EE, BG2 EE and EE Trilogy.

Everything went fine except for two things. 

BWS refused to install Skie, which I deplore, and skipped the Romance cheats of the Tweaks Anthology.

Any idea how I could reintegrate the two things, Skie above all?

Many thanks

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

Hello to all,

BWS refused to install Skie, which I deplore, and skipped the Romance cheats of the Tweaks Anthology.

Many thanks

Did you play the game with SoD before?

Skie:

Spoiler

The Romance cheat can cause massive stuttering in the game and make it not playable anymore. However, you can still install it and tell BWS to ignore the conflict.

The game breaking effect only appears if

1. You have one of the romanceable vanilla NPCs in your party and you have that romance active

2. You also have one of the mod NPCs that are listed in BWS in your party and also have that romance active

3. You commit to the romance of the mod NPC >>> game breaks

If you run into such a case, you can repair it by removing some code from the involved NPCs scripts e.g. with Near Infinity.

What happens is this

- The mod NPC when romance is in stage 2 terminates the other romances (sets them to 3)

- The tweaks code sets all terminated romances back to active

- This toggling continues as long as you have the two NPCs in party and you are stuck.

It is this conflict that the BWS warns you about. Unless you can deal with code repairs in the running game, you can have those problems. But like outlined above, you may never run into the case at all depending on your company mix, gender, romance actions etc.

The Tweaks Anthology readme explains the details about it and contains a similar warning - but who reads a readme?

Edited by Roxanne, 10 November 2017 - 12:47 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#16 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:50 AM

Indeed, Skie mod in that shape and with that content does not make sense. Not only what Roxanne said is true, but also in SoD Skie's dad is brought back to life, while this mod states he's dead. The story was already confusing as there was a chance he was brought back to life, the game's story just cut all ties with that plot from BG1 so it became unclear what happened after Bhaalspawn left Baldur's Gate. Later, SoD made it rather clear so... yeah.

#17 -Sodgiane-

-Sodgiane-

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:08 AM

Hello to all,

Many thanks

Did you play the game with SoD before?

Skie:

Spoiler

The Romance cheat can cause massive stuttering in the game and make it not playable anymore. However, you can still install it and tell BWS to ignore the conflict.

The game breaking effect only appears if

1. You have one of the romanceable vanilla NPCs in your party and you have that romance active

2. You also have one of the mod NPCs that are listed in BWS in your party and also have that romance active

3. You commit to the romance of the mod NPC >>> game breaks

If you run into such a case, you can repair it by removing some code from the involved NPCs scripts e.g. with Near Infinity.

What happens is this

- The mod NPC when romance is in stage 2 terminates the other romances (sets them to 3)

- The tweaks code sets all terminated romances back to active

- This toggling continues as long as you have the two NPCs in party and you are stuck.

It is this conflict that the BWS warns you about. Unless you can deal with code repairs in the running game, you can have those problems. But like outlined above, you may never run into the case at all depending on your company mix, gender, romance actions etc.

The Tweaks Anthology readme explains the details about it and contains a similar warning - but who reads a readme?

Thanks a lot for the answer, quick and documented as always.

Nevertheless...

As a matter of fact, I do read the "readme's " since I have dedicated more time installing and re-installing a now heavily modded game than really playing it.  Modded as it is, I could never go farther than the very beginning of the Pocket Plane of ToB because of a glitch I have already mentioned.

Since, as everybody I guess, I don't have much time to dedicate to video games it may happen, from time to time, that I forget parts of said readmes or that I am not focused enough to grab what they imply. 

Being not a coding freak, I guess I will have to cope with this disturbances and try another run, hoping that with so many big mods installed the game won't break mid-way.

Besides, I downloaded one of the files you made available here (ie: "repaired NPC" qui includes aerie.bcs and jaheira.bcs), dealing with the stuttering effect of the conflicting romances with the Isra NPC mod.  Does it mean that it doesn't work with an BG1EE-BG2EE-EET game type?

From what Lava said, I understand that Skie mod is irrevocably dead for an EET-type game but perhaps still usable in a classic BG configuration (I have both of them installed on my laptop). Would you confirm it?

Bonne journée

#18 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:20 AM

1) Besides, I downloaded one of the files you made available here (ie: "repaired NPC" qui includes aerie.bcs and jaheira.bcs), dealing with the stuttering effect of the conflicting romances with the Isra NPC mod.  Does it mean that it doesn't work with an BG1EE-BG2EE-EET game type?
2) From what Lava said, I understand that Skie mod is irrevocably dead for an EET-type game but perhaps still usable in a classic BG configuration (I have both of them installed on my laptop). Would you confirm it?

!) You cannot use these files in your install, unless you had exactly the same version and mod sequence as the other player. If you run into problems, you need an individual fix in YOUR bcs files. Not a big thing - if you need help, just post them at the forum and you may receive assistance.

2) Technically, the Skie mod can be used in EET, it is even on the compatibility list for EET with this description "Skie ReDone v3.0, Info: This mod is technically compatible with EET, however the contents was written prior SoD release and therefore does not take those events into account.". Makes no sencse to me personally, but this is the modders decision, Tastes differ and there was even once a Khalid mod for BG2...

The Sandrah Saga

#19 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:45 AM

1) Besides, I downloaded one of the files you made available here (ie: "repaired NPC" qui includes aerie.bcs and jaheira.bcs), dealing with the stuttering effect of the conflicting romances with the Isra NPC mod.  Does it mean that it doesn't work with an BG1EE-BG2EE-EET game type?
2) From what Lava said, I understand that Skie mod is irrevocably dead for an EET-type game but perhaps still usable in a classic BG configuration (I have both of them installed on my laptop). Would you confirm it?

!) You cannot use these files in your install, unless you had exactly the same version and mod sequence as the other player. If you run into problems, you need an individual fix in YOUR bcs files. Not a big thing - if you need help, just post them at the forum and you may receive assistance.

2) Technically, the Skie mod can be used in EET, it is even on the compatibility list for EET with this description "Skie ReDone v3.0, Info: This mod is technically compatible with EET, however the contents was written prior SoD release and therefore does not take those events into account.". Makes no sencse to me personally, but this is the modders decision, Tastes differ and there was even once a Khalid mod for BG2...

About the two "bcs" files, I didn't know that and was bound the make a blunder. It could be that I need a tailored fix. I'll see.

About Skie mod, I did see it on the compatibility list for EE, with the warning content-wise.

Even if it is compatible, it was however rejected, BWS referring to a certain file missing (don't remember the name) with the .tap extension.

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:57 AM

2) From what Lava said, I understand that Skie mod is irrevocably dead for an EET-type game but perhaps still usable in a classic BG configuration (I have both of them installed on my laptop). Wouldyou confirm it?

About the two "bcs" files, I didn't know that and was bound the make a blunder. It could be that I need a tailored fix. I'll see.

About Skie mod, I did see it on the compatibility list for EE, with the warning content-wise.

Even if it is compatible, it was however rejected, BWS referring to a certain file missing (don't remember the name) with the .tap extension.

My only explanation for those inconsistencies with Skie is, that the original list for EET was already done prior the SoD release. The initial EET would transit from Sarevok's death into BG2 directly. Most likely the Skie mod was inherited from that version.

If my memory serves well, it was me who added the comment in a more recent clean-up of the list but I did not dare to remove the mod without approval.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 November 2017 - 03:58 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NPC