Photo

1ppv4.1.0 release - Download & discussion

are you excited looking like fool 500 release candidates

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#221 -DisjointedHob-

-DisjointedHob-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

From what I've read so far the 4.1.0 release contains some critical game-breaking bugs.

A year ago I decided to give up on BG for a while as I wanted to play with updated Item Revisions and 1PP. But then the guy behind IR gave up on the project (he's been constantly, uhh, "looking into the matters") and now the new 1PP is essentially broken. I honestly can't afford one more year of waiting, so can anyone confirm whether the older 1PPv2 release will allow me to play the game without serious issues? From what I can gather it's mostly the same but without BGII-style items, GUI and spell tweaks. Is this correct or would it be worthwile to wait a couple more months before this gets a proper release (but then the vacation's over, man!).

#222 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

From what I've read so far the 4.1.0 release contains some critical game-breaking bugs.

Like ? Sorry, I can't bother to read the 12 page topic... but with your backgroung, I would suggest that you op either the IR or the 1pp out, as that's what the IR is made for, it takes the v2 into the items themselves without the v2 needing to be installed, among other things.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#223 -DisjointedHob-

-DisjointedHob-

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

There are several instances where the game crashes with references to specific items modified by 1PP.

Some of the 1PP4-style armor causes nasty flickering/disappearance of character avatars.

The extended palette color choices for hair revert to standard palette after loading a save state.

Animation stuttering with new armor.

There are other minor issues, such as bugged item stats and GUI errors.

Now, I remember I played IWD with 1PPv2, but it was quite buggy. The offsets were wrong, obviously, but some of the items didn't get those cool new animations. I've decided I'd rather skip IR altogther this time, so I guess there isn't that much of a difference between 1PPv2 and 1PPv4 when it comes to BGI-style armor and weapons, right?

I'd choose 1PP over any mod any night. That's how it rocks.

#224 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

You may want to download 1ppv3 Avatar fixes and install that, and the rest of 1ppv4 will work quite nice. Just don't install "Elemental animations" since it will cause ctd.

Also, for some reason, in game settings  (Bgconfig) you need to check the little box under Visual - Translucent Shadows - on. Failure to do so results in glitches.

#225 -iressivor-

-iressivor-

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Also, for some reason, in game settings  (Bgconfig) you need to check the little box under Visual - Translucent Shadows - on. Failure to do so results in glitches.

Bingo. Checking this box does seem to correct the glitches associated with the 1pp helmets and Legacy Shields. Also explains why the shields worked perfectly in IWD but not in Tutu; for some reason, Translucent Shadows were left unchecked in my BG game.

#226 Istfemer

Istfemer
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Spell tweaks component gives me this error:

Installing [1ppv4: Spell tweaks]

Installing individualised armour effects...
Copying 1 file ...
[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDGARMR.VVC] loaded, 492 bytes
Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDGARMR.VVC] to [override/1WDGARMR.VVC]
Copying 1 file ...
[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDSARMR.VVC] loaded, 492 bytes
Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/1WDSARMR.VVC] to [override/1WDSARMR.VVC]
Copying 1 file ...
[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/GARMORH.BAM] loaded, 31751 bytes
Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/GARMORH.BAM] to [override/GARMORH.BAM]
Copying 1 file ...
[1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/SARMORH.BAM] loaded, 39728 bytes
Copied [1pp/item/spells_and_scrolls/tweak/SARMORH.BAM] to [override/SARMORH.BAM]
[./override/SPWI317.SPL] loaded, 1786 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
override/SPWI317.SPL copied to 1pp/backup/202/SPWI317.SPL, 1786 bytes
Copied [SPWI317.SPL] to [override/SPWI317.SPL]
[./override/SPWI414.SPL] loaded, 874 bytes
ERROR: illegal 4-byte write (    ) offset 1138 of 874-byte file SPWI414.SPL
ERROR: [SPWI414.SPL] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI414.SPL: write out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [1ppv4: Spell tweaks], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [1pp/backup/202/OTHER.202]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "1pp/backup/202/OTHER.202")
[1pp/backup/202/UNSETSTR.202] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   5 files for [1PP/1PP.TP2] component 202.
  Restoring backed-up [1pp/backup/202/SPWI317.SPL]
1pp/backup/202/SPWI317.SPL copied to override/SPWI317.SPL, 1786 bytes
Uninstalled      5 files for [1PP/1PP.TP2] component 202.
[./override/SPPR414.SPL] loaded, 346 bytes
[./override/SPPR510.SPL] loaded, 346 bytes
[./override/SPPR608.SPL] loaded, 298 bytes
Unable to Unlink [1pp/backup/202/READLN.202]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "1pp/backup/202/READLN.202")
Unable to Unlink [1pp/backup/202/READLN.202.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "1pp/backup/202/READLN.202.TEXT")
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS 1ppv4: Spell tweaks

WeiDU log:

Spoiler

I should add that I used BiG World Fixpack v12.

Edited by Isti, 23 July 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#227 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Yep... but the "spwi414.spl" is still damages... so it can't be patched...

--change-log the file and hope that it prints out intelligent stuff, and then copy paste that and make a post about it in the Megamod help forum here at SHS...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#228 Istfemer

Istfemer
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Done. Should I make a new topic there?

Nevermind. I'll post in BWP Install errors..

Edited by Isti, 23 July 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#229 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

That error is a result of the 1PP patch not checking which effect it's writing to.  I'd guess that SR or another mod reduced the number of effects in this spell.  The patch should loop through the effects until it finds Play Visual Effect (215) and then write ~1WDSARMR~ to the resource field there.

The mechanics changes to the cause wounds spells in the component are probably conceptually incompatible with SR (and installing them together might cause a duplicate spell to appear).  To be conceptually compatible with SR, the component should probably just assign new visual effects and optionally new BAMs when SR is detected.

Edited by Mike1072, 25 July 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#230 Istfemer

Istfemer
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

I did a complete reinstall of BG2:ToB and mods. Skipped the 1pp's Spell tweaks and Solar/Elemental fixes components.
1pp installs successfully now. (I picked slightly different options with some mods this time though)

Btw, what's with all those "not found space" messages? I assume they are not harmless, are they?

Placing items...
[./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 2776 bytes
[./override/dshop02.sto] loaded, 768 bytes
Patching SHLD01A.ITM into store...
Not found space for SHLD01A after shld01.
Patching SHLD03A.ITM into store...
Not found space for SHLD03A after shld03.
Patching SHLD05A.ITM into store...
Not found space for SHLD05A after shld05.
Patching SHLD08A.ITM into store...
Not found space for SHLD08A after shld08.
override/dshop02.sto copied to 1pp/backup/400/dshop02.sto, 768 bytes
Copied [dshop02.sto] to [override/dshop02.sto]
more "not found space" messages

WeiDU log:
Spoiler

#231 Arthandas

Arthandas
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hey, I'm installing this for the first time, is it compatible with BG2 fixpack, tweak pack and UB (those are the only mods I'm using)? Do I also need to install infinity animations? Also, what's with that "corrupted file" notice? I downloaded, and unpacked it without any problems.

Edited by Arthandas, 23 August 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#232 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hey, I'm installing this for the first time, is it compatible with BG2 fixpack, tweak pack and UB (those are the only mods I'm using)? Do I also need to install infinity animations? Also, what's with that "corrupted file" notice? I downloaded, and unpacked it without any problems.

1. Yes, it's compatible with all of those...

2. No, InfiAnims is it's own mod that adds various different additional animations to creatures that come in handy with Megamods and or mods that need more than the base set of animations.

3. The notice is like 5 years old and from another age, it's not actually relevant at all... and possibly a mistake in the first place, just ignore the lot of them.

#233 Arthandas

Arthandas
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thank you for a quick and exhaustive answer! Nothing left to do except to play the hell out of BGII... again ):

#234 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

1ppv4's helmet component seems to cause crashes when helmets using the JC animation are equipped by NPCs using BG1 animations from infinityanimations. (I have no clue why, so don't ask me :P)

This can be fixed by a simple edit to 1pp\install\208_v4_helmets.tph at line 36. Change:

ACTION_FOR_EACH set IN ~J2~ ~J8~ BEGIN

to:

ACTION_FOR_EACH set IN ~J2~ ~J8~ ~JC~ BEGIN

Also, there's another spat of crashes presumably due to 1pp and infinityanimations' BG1 anims again but we haven't managed to track it down to anything specific yet so... yeah :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#235 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

del

Edited by Creepin, 02 September 2013 - 11:54 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#236 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

You may want to download 1ppv3 Avatar fixes and install that, and the rest of 1ppv4 will work quite nice. Just don't install "Elemental animations" since it will cause ctd.

I remember playing with a previous release (one of the RCs or 4.0.0), but I did not encounter any CTDs due to "Elemental animations". Did something go wrong in this latest release or is it (still) only a rare event happening under certain circumstances? The new animations look good, so I would like to keep them.

#237 stranger_

stranger_
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I remember playing with a previous release (one of the RCs or 4.0.0), but I did not encounter any CTDs due to "Elemental animations". Did something go wrong in this latest release or is it (still) only a rare event happening under certain circumstances? The new animations look good, so I would like to keep them.

Well, the question has been bothering me for some time also. I tried search for bug report or issue description but failed. Though I checked on the attached Weidu.log installation lesser, greater elementals, elemental princess and (good/evil) Solars/Devas as well. Seems fine, at least they were summoned, performed some actions, un-summoned without CTD. Tested in Grove of the Ancients location (started new ToB game).Attached File  WeiDU.log   12.22K   495 downloads

Edited by stranger_, 22 September 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#238 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

I don't know about summoned, but Guardian of Mask in Firkraag's lair caused instant CTD for me. You might want to CLUA yourself there and try entering the area where he resides (you need Mask of King Strohm or something to see him).

#239 stranger_

stranger_
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi!
Thanks for your feedback.

1.  Started new ToB game; Location - grove of the ancients; Weidu.log same as attached to the prev post of mine.

2.  CLUAed the "Guardian" - "ddguard7" creature and "key20" - mask key of strom the 3d (in  order to see it).

3.  Fought with it.

Result: no CTD.

Are there any chances you have weidu log of installed mods?

#240 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

From 10th of June? Hardly.  Anyways, if it's working properly for everyone, great. I remember always experiencing CTD the moment he made  a move towards me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: are, you, excited, looking, like, fool, 500, release, candidates