1ppv4.1.0 release - Download & discussion

are you excited looking like fool 500 release candidates

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#261 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

What happens if the fixes aren't applied?

#262 Elve

Elve
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

Mostly, fix stuff mentioned in this thread: The new items should give +1 to specific saves but instead changed these saves to the value 1. Furthermore, some saves were not affected. Additionally, the file includes another fix from the big world fixpack (see there for details)

#263 agnes

agnes
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

Has anyone installed the new GUI with the new fonts? I did and I suspect it is what causing my game to crash when I click New Game. If I installed the new GUI without the new fonts, everything seemed fine.

#264 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Fairly significant bug, the Improved Projectiles component assigns new projectile files to dagg05.itm, dagg16.itm, and dart01.itm (throwing dagger, poisoned throwing dagger, and mundane dart), but does not update spells and items which grant protections vs non magical missiles (Anomen's shield, Protection from normal missiles, etc) correctly to account for these new projectiles, with the net effect that mundane throwing daggers (poisoned and non poisoned) and darts ignore the protections.

Going into the backup folder, component 401, and copying the backup versions of these three files into the override folder should fix this issue; hopefully there are no other errors besides these three items interacting with such protections as a result of this component.

Edited by Ithildur, 11 June 2015 - 10:46 AM.

#265 zhelezometal

zhelezometal
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:50 AM

Here http://www.mediafire...4.1.0-rel(1).7z is unofficial download location for those who have problems downloading from shs-server and have "corruption archive" message. Sorry for my english, cause i'm russian. Have a nice trip.

P.S. and here's another mirror http://nekaka.com/d/eSpSkhMJMs

Edited by zhelezometal, 19 June 2015 - 05:54 AM.

#266 -Sarcen-

-Sarcen-

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Zhelozometal-many thanks for these, just picked BG2 up after years away again & was stumped by all the 1PP "broken thread/corruption" messages on the official 1PP SHS site. Which is a shame given all the excellent, hard work put in on these mods.

#267 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

The file itself is downloadable and not actually broken, the forum archive can't just be fixed to not show that message... the false report.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#268 Jab

Jab
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:02 AM

Some part(s) of the mod slow down my easy-tutu game incredibly. Im not sure which one does it. It happens only in few locations (like Beregost or the first area east of Candlekeep). Characters move in a very slow pace and often altogether just "jumping" from one location to another. The more characters you have (or the more characters are moving around) the worse it gets. Can somebody else test it? I had more or less all components installed. Now I have just few core parts and its ok. Btw both my BG 1 and BG 2 are from GOG (in the non EE versions).

Edited by Jab, 13 December 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#269 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:23 AM

Some part(s) of the mod slow down my easy-tutu game incredibly.

If you haven't yet. Install this mod definitely ... as the very last mod.

There's also the other Lag fix advice here... the above being number 12.

Edited by The Imp, 13 December 2015 - 12:50 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#270 Jab

Jab
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

I will try it. Thank you! ;-)

#271 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:43 AM

After casting dispel magic, the dispelling projectile stays on the map, never to be removed.

I suspect it might have to do with the 1PP component Softer Spell Effects (I chose "Less obtrusive Dispel Magic effect) although I will inquire also on the Spell Revisions forum as well.

UPDATE: 1PP is innocent, the culprit is the latest beta build of Spell Revisions.

dispelmagic.jpg

Edited by Salk, 20 December 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#272 FlameDeathFace

FlameDeathFace
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

In the readme, under "[114]1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects" it says "Note that 3D support has to be enabled for this component to work properly - if you run your game with software rendering mode, it is not recommended to install this." I believe this should say "3D acceleration" instead of "3D support" - otherwise it's not clear if it will work with 3D animations enabled but not 3D acceleration.

#273 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects works fine for me even without 3D acceleration. May i know what exactly should be wrong?

P.S. Don't listen to The Imp - it is voice of the Devil.

#274 FlameDeathFace

FlameDeathFace
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects works fine for me even without 3D acceleration. May i know what exactly should be wrong?

It works, yes, but looks bad. Here's a screenshot with 3D animations enabled and 3D acceleration disabled:

oWyPFAF.png

Compare with 3D acceleration enabled:

S78ditC.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: are, you, excited, looking, like, fool, 500, release, candidates