Photo

1ppv4.1.0 release - Download & discussion

are you excited looking like fool 500 release candidates

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#41 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

You are right, I uninstalled Infinity Animations and installed Thieves Galore successfully, then reinstalled IA. My mistake, I should have realised that the older version of your work (1pp v3) was to be installed before, well, your other piece of work as I have just seen (IA), too.

#42 Hoo

Hoo
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Hi, I have a question.

I really love this mod very much, but I want a little modification about Thieves Galore.

That is, I feel that Bards would be better to have Fighter's animation instead of Thieve's hooded animation.

Is the change doable myself by opening and editing some files?

#43 Hoo

Hoo
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

And I have a small suggestion for additional animation.

First, as far as I know there is only one animation for Axes that show single-edged. So double-edged axe animation might be cool. In addtion, greater/giant axe animation for two-handed would be welcome, too.

Second, there were some throwing spears in several mod, but the animation seemed to be very strange. So I'd like to suggest a new animation for throwing spears.

Third, even though Throwing Hammer mod already gave the addtional throwing hammer's animation I think it might need to be added in 1PP if possible.

Lastly, the improved animation of Ioun Stone, like 1PPv4's improved spell animations, is also my wish list! :new_thumbs:

Edited by Hoo, 08 August 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#44 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hi, I have a question.

I really love this mod very much, but I want a little modification about Thieves Galore.

That is, I feel that Bards would be better to have Fighter's animation instead of Thieve's hooded animation.

Is the change doable myself by opening and editing some files?

Yes. In NearInfinity, open your override folder and locate LCARMOR.SPL. Click 'view' below Abilities (should have Melee (1)). In the new window, go to the 'Edit' tab and scroll down until you reach all the effects. You will see lots of effects targetted at CLASS.IDS for each class. Find the one that is targetted at BARD (fourth of the class checks). Click 'View/edit' and you will get the effect window. The 'resource' field should say LCARMORT.EFF. Change this to LCARMORF.EFF and save the file.

Now repeat the same thing for LCUARMRD.SPL (from step 1).

And you should be done :)

And I have a small suggestion for additional animation.

First, as far as I know there is only one animation for Axes that show single-edged. So double-edged axe animation might be cool. In addtion, greater/giant axe animation for two-handed would be welcome, too.

Second, there were some throwing spears in several mod, but the animation seemed to be very strange. So I'd like to suggest a new animation for throwing spears.

Third, even though Throwing Hammer mod already gave the addtional throwing hammer's animation I think it might need to be added in 1PP if possible.

Lastly, the improved animation of Ioun Stone, like 1PPv4's improved spell animations, is also my wish list! :new_thumbs:

- Double edged axes were something I considered but scrapped due to time/effort. Animations would be tons of work, and having it just on the paperdoll would look strange, I felt.

- 1ppv4 does restore javelins. The animation does look a bit strange but feel free to give it a try and see if you like it any better.

- Also something I've considered, but I feel wary about stepping on anyone's toes as far as modding goes.

- Likewise.

崇高滑稽
·

#45 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

You are right, I uninstalled Infinity Animations and installed Thieves Galore successfully, then reinstalled IA. My mistake, I should have realised that the older version of your work (1pp v3) was to be installed before, well, your other piece of work as I have just seen (IA), too.

I should add that to the readme in absence of a fix.

I think the problem is/was that I shift things around differently in IA than I do in Thieves Galore, so I would have to actually modify the patch itself to make it work in that install order.

崇高滑稽
·

#46 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Erephine, i would like to ask you about '1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects' component.
I wonder if this brillian idea will be continued? I wish to see web spell version from icewind dale. Is it possible to make it?
Thanks for making me happy (i just love your graphical improvements)

#47 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Error: Executable does not appear to be compatible

Got it during solar component ... i so have TobEx installed, should that be the cause?

mm75

PS: i didn't say yet, but outstanding work!

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#48 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Got it during solar component ... i so have TobEx installed, should that be the cause?

Only one way to find out...

崇高滑稽
·

#49 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Only one way to find out...

No it is not .. i don't have a clue what it could be honestly ... I don't see any other mod patching the .exe :(

mm75

PS: it installs on Tobex + BGT only gmae, so there is something around that should be not compatible with that component.

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 10 August 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#50 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

No it is not .. i don't have a clue what it could be honestly ... I don't see any other mod patching the .exe :(

mm75

put this in 1pp/install replacing the file there and it should give you some debug information when trying to install (namely, which offsets fail). If you could paste your results here, that would be great.

Attached Files

崇高滑稽
·

#51 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

Erephine, i would like to ask you about '1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects' component.
I wonder if this brillian idea will be continued? I wish to see web spell version from icewind dale. Is it possible to make it?
Thanks for making me happy (i just love your graphical improvements)

It's possible, but I kind of like the web effect we have.

Glad you are happy :)

崇高滑稽
·

#52 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

put this in 1pp/install replacing the file there and it should give you some debug information when trying to install (namely, which offsets fail). If you could paste your results here, that would be great.

Will do thanks a lot (just in few mins i hope),

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 10 August 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#53 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

Damned...i couldn't reproce the error ... i only need to try atweaks ... let's see then.

it would take some time still, thanks for your support,

mm75

#54 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

The Softer Spell Effects component fails to install due to errors under Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a PPC G4 Mac. Also, either this mod or W_GUI is changing the object labels (the scroll that opens on mouseover) to something that's difficult to read. I'll try installing again soon to determine which of these two mods changes the labels in this way.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#55 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

The Softer Spell Effects component fails to install due to errors under Mac OS X 10.4.11 on a PPC G4 Mac. Also, either this mod or W_GUI is changing the object labels (the scroll that opens on mouseover) to something that's difficult to read. I'll try installing again soon to determine which of these two mods changes the labels in this way.

300 and 401 will also fail. I have no OSX install to port/develop/test engine patches on.

I don't touch tooltips so definitely an issue with that mod.

崇高滑稽
·

#56 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

Damned...i couldn't reproce the error ... i only need to try atweaks ... let's see then.

it would take some time still, thanks for your support,

mm75

I feel as a "noob" here, i do believe i start becomin old :P ... 2nd time i find an issue, reinstalling from scratch can't reproduce it anymore...dunnow what to say but that i will enjoy your mod now for sure :)

Cheers and keep it up!

mm75

#57 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

300 and 401 will also fail. I have no OSX install to port/develop/test engine patches on.

I don't touch tooltips so definitely an issue with that mod.

Would that be "Solars & Elementals" component, and something else? This component also fails to install. I just reinstalled BG2 from the ground up, then BG2 Fixpack v9 and 1PPv4. I told the installer to install everything, and the only failures it reported were these two components, just like the first time, but that's no big deal. Will start a new game and see what happens before installing any more mods.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#58 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Would that be "Solars & Elementals" component, and something else? This component also fails to install.

Yes. Pretty much any engine patch that was added has no support for OSX.

崇高滑稽
·

#59 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

This new version is just Wonderful !

The mod installs on Linux without problems after tolower'ing stuff.

Bug : I can confirm that the clock is misplaced in 1024x768 with no widescreen. In 800x600, no such problem.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#60 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Would that be "Solars & Elementals" component, and something else? This component also fails to install.

Yes. Pretty much any engine patch that was added has no support for OSX.

Right. I'm wondering if it's possible to achieve the same results without attempting to patch the game program (since this can't be done under OS X).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: are, you, excited, looking, like, fool, 500, release, candidates