Photo

1ppv4.1.0 release - Download & discussion

are you excited looking like fool 500 release candidates

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#81 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

Just installed 1ppv4 rc3. Looks great. I'm having a small issue with hobgoblins though. the appropriate weapons are among their loot and the animations look correct, but their avatars wield invisible weapons! Anyone else seeing this?

#82 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Just installed 1ppv4 rc3. Looks great. I'm having a small issue with hobgoblins though. the appropriate weapons are among their loot and the animations look correct, but their avatars wield invisible weapons! Anyone else seeing this?

I think I know what the problem might be. I'll try and fix it for the next update :)

RC3 Installation:
Icon displayed improperly(pink shadow):
Tzu-Zan's Bracers (BRAC26)

Question:
Helmets BG1 Style:
HELM15.ITM
Description says:
"This class of open-faced helmet(...)"
but icon displays closed-faced helmet, is it appropriate?

Fixed the icon :)

The description is an oversight, probably a few inaccuracies with non-default install options.

崇高滑稽
·

#83 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

RC3 now on SHS mirror. :)

#84 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi, me again:)
RC3 Installation:
Icon displayed improperly(pink shadow):
Runehammer +4 (HAM10)
Runehammer +5 (HAM11)
Carsomyr +5 (SW2H10)
Carsomyr +6 (SW2H19)
Celestial Fury +3 (SW1H51)

You did an exelent job created a new icon for Cloak of Bravery. It looks like a real stitched flesh cloak, according to its description. I have noticed that if you wield a Staff of Magi, then you do not flicker anymore. Is it deliberate act?

Edited by parysm, 20 August 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#85 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Im a new user so cant say if this is a RC problem but the pause/clock button is at the wrong place, namely where the map button is. It has no negative gameplay effects but looks weird.

BGMain 2012-08-20 01-17-16-17.jpg

#86 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

You did an exelent job created a new icon for Cloak of Bravery. It looks like a real stitched flesh cloak, according to its description. I have noticed that if you wield a Staff of Magi, then you do not flicker anymore. Is it deliberate act?

Thanks for the feedback. Can not replicate the hammer one, fixed the others. Went through the files again just to be sure. Should be the last of them :)

I didn't really care much for the effect, so when I switched to the new animation I left it out (feeling that was distinguishing enough) and then forgot about it. I can add it back in, or make it an optional thing, I suppose?

Im a new user so cant say if this is a RC problem but the pause/clock button is at the wrong place, namely where the map button is. It has no negative gameplay effects but looks weird.

It is.

Fixed for the next one. :)

崇高滑稽
·

#87 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

So much for my plan to biff after 1pp :D Btw the mod looks gorgeous.

#88 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

Another problem, after 1pp all gems become unidentified. ( For example the star sapphire in the starter Inn). But not potions. Here is the weidu.log where gems are still okay.

Attached File  WeiDU.log   11.77K   416 downloads

#89 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

Another problem, after 1pp all gems become unidentified. ( For example the star sapphire in the starter Inn). But not potions. Here is the weidu.log where gems are still okay.

That is deliberate in the item patches. Did not get around to making a mention/make it optional it seems.

Lore values are low for the most part, so you should be able to tell the most common ones unless your character has crappy wisdom.

崇高滑稽
·

#90 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

That said, new version!

This one is ironically more of a beta than previous ones but for a reason I hope you can all appreciate: Active content development is happening regarding the legacy shields (leading up to legacy shields v2).

RC4 includes, apart from the fixes above, fully re-rendered BG1-style large shield animations, which unlike previous ports are near-perfect. I will be working my way down the shields (so medium shields will be the next to be updated, then small shields, and so forth).

Give your thanks to the BG:EE team, who have shared what is left of ToB's development assets, from which I was able to salvage some keyframing information for the human female character animation. Which I have taken and adapted for other race/gender combinations and put to good use with a mesh I made to match the BG1 large shield and... this is the result!

Lighting currently matches BG1 animations, which might need a little tweaking.

Last but not least, [301] has been expanded to include a few fixes for shield rendering bugs for BGII animations with support for ToB/SoA, TotLM, and IWD2.

Let me know what you think! :)

Edited by Erephine, 21 August 2012 - 03:34 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#91 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

I've dreamed of seeing one day the BG1 large shield animations. Allow me to worship you.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#92 Avallach

Avallach
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Heya, been trying to install Separate Female Dwarves component on IWD1 + HoW + TotL (1.4.2), but I always get this error :(

Spoiler

The only thing I installed before were your 1pp IWD Fixes.

Edited by Avallach, 21 August 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#93 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Let me know what you think! :)

I think there's no limit to how awesome you are.

#94 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Heya, been trying to install Separate Female Dwarves component on IWD1 + HoW + TotL (1.4.2), but I always get this error :(

Did you install the component restoring BG1 character animations?

If so, that is the problem (trying to patch BG2 animations when you're using those from BG1).

崇高滑稽
·

#95 Avallach

Avallach
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

T

Did you install the component restoring BG1 character animations?

If so, that is the problem (trying to patch BG2 animations when you're using those from BG1).

Posted Image

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks for the help... and keep it up! :)

Edited by Avallach, 21 August 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#96 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Installed with no problems, loaded old save with no problems, clock icon is in the right place, im happy, cant say anything about shields, takes time i guess. Im not even sure ill be able to, the default install installed bg2 style large shields, i went with the stream. Should i reinstall or will they drop. Gems still unid though, i tried to install each component separately but it made no mention of gems or anything :(

#97 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

If you went with the default, you will be able to find BG1 style shields throughout SoA (the BG2 variants are just more common). The gems thing is currently part of the main v4 update, so not easily separated. You could delete all the misc**.itm files from your override which should bring them back to vanilla in the interim.

I will make it an option for the future.

----

Got sidetracked while working on the shields and finally figured out how the ingame colour pickers work (which makes me happy as it's been bugging me for some time). So there will be this as well next update (ToB installs only):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ the way I've implemented the extended clothing colours is you will get the standard set of 34 at character creation and from your inventory; if you want to access the 'extras' you can do so from the 'customise' dialog in your character sheet.

No more having to edit your characters with NI :)

(unless of course the colour you want is not on there)

崇高滑稽
·

#98 -Nikola-

-Nikola-

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Trying out RC4, on EasyTutu and having an issue:
No configuration leaves the shield icons in the inventory/paperdoll in BG2 style. Whatever I do, I get the BG1 look.

I would assume that 1ppv4-Baldur's Gate II style [default] should work, as per the readme images, but no dice.

Only have the Unfinished Business and the BG1NPC mods installed beforehand.
Spoiler

Am I missing something?

#99 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Trying out RC4, on EasyTutu and having an issue:
No configuration leaves the shield icons in the inventory/paperdoll in BG2 style. Whatever I do, I get the BG1 look.

I would assume that 1ppv4-Baldur's Gate II style [default] should work, as per the readme images, but no dice.

Only have the Unfinished Business and the BG1NPC mods installed beforehand.

Am I missing something?

Simple answer: shield choices currently do not affect Tutu as it does not use BG2 shields.

I could add in an option to do that.

崇高滑稽
·

#100 Mandark

Mandark
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Simple answer: shield choices currently do not affect Tutu as it does not use BG2 shields.

Does the same go for the helmet icons, as well?

I could add in an option to do that.

That would be great :)

Just to be clear: we are talking about fixing the Tutu inventory icons only, right?

Shields and helmets only, or are there any other items left? (If it'd help I could check for you, if you do not have a Tutu installation handy)

Edited by Mandark, 21 August 2012 - 06:00 PM.

HA HaHa Ha HaHa Ha,
HA HaHa Ha HaHa Ha,
HAHA HA.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: are, you, excited, looking, like, fool, 500, release, candidates