• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#61 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

This new version is just Wonderful !

The mod installs on Linux without problems after tolower'ing stuff.

Bug : I can confirm that the clock is misplaced in 1024x768 with no widescreen. In 800x600, no such problem.

Do you have RC2?

It should be fixed.

Right. I'm wondering if it's possible to achieve the same results without attempting to patch the game program (since this can't be done under OS X).

Of course engine patching can be done on OSX.

But it is not possible to do what the mod does without.

Edited by Erephine, 11 August 2012 - 01:10 PM.

崇高滑稽
·

#62 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

Erephine, could you explain presence of totally new items like:
Spoiler

I do not have any other mods besides bg2 fixpack&tweaks and your 1PPv4 mod.

Edited by Erephine, 12 August 2012 - 11:46 AM.
spoilered

#63 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Depending on your install options there are various new items to be found throughout the game. They are there mainly to actually make use of new content: No point in having circlet animations if there are no circlets in the game for instance, and so forth.

Going through the game files/giving them away and where they are found would defeat the fun in exploring and finding them for yourself.

崇高滑稽
·

#64 Hoo

Hoo
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Do you have a plan to add BG1's large shield animation? :shifty:

Edited by Hoo, 13 August 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#65 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

Does you have a plan to add BG1's large shield animation? :shifty:

+1. I've been wondering the same.

#66 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Welcome back, Erphine! And it's good to see that you are active again, supporting 1pp!
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#67 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Some small typos in RC2.

Spoiler

#68 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Noted and fixed :) There were a few more typos I have fixed since.

崇高滑稽
·

#69 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Erephine, do you plan a traify for the release?

#70 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

minor typo:
Not available icon and groundicon for Cloak of Bravery

I have RC1 version installed. Sorry if it's fixed already.

#71 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

It was not, thank you.

Fixed now :)

崇高滑稽
·

#72 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

Does you have a plan to add BG1's large shield animation? :shifty:

+1. I've been wondering the same.

:shifty:

Oh!, since K'ae appears to be busy, temporary download link in first post until it can be uploaded on SHS.

Edited by Erephine, 14 August 2012 - 11:51 PM.

崇高滑稽
·

#73 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. It's just wonderful and so much fun to play these games with your upgraded graphics.
As for the current version RC3: The clock is unfortunately still misplaced. In my case I installed Widescreen at the end, after 1PP. Resolution is 1920x1080.
I'm also slightly confused about the shield animation component because during installation one has to choose how large shields are handled. What exactly is the difference between the three options available?

Cheers

#74 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. It's just wonderful and so much fun to play these games with your upgraded graphics.
As for the current version RC3: The clock is unfortunately still misplaced. In my case I installed Widescreen at the end, after 1PP. Resolution is 1920x1080.
I'm also slightly confused about the shield animation component because during installation one has to choose how large shields are handled. What exactly is the difference between the three options available?

Cheers

That would be because I am an idiot and accidentally replaced the fixed version with an older one while updating the files. You can get the fixed file here in the meantime (simply drop it in your override)

The problem with the legacy shields is that BG1 large shields are not yet ported, so the installer gives you three options on what to do with the in-game avatar appearance for those instead:

1. Make them look like BG1 medium shields
2. Make them look like the updated BG2 large shields in 1pp
3. Do not modify game files in any way (most likely giving you the vanilla BG2 large shield appearance)

Glad you enjoy playing :) That is the point, and what makes it all worth it.

崇高滑稽
·

#75 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

I don't know if this might be interesting to you, Erephine but using 7z (instead of .zip) as archive format, the total size is considerably reduced (163.769Kb vs 187.804Kb).

#76 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Cheers

That would be because I am an idiot and accidentally replaced the fixed version with an older one while updating the files. You can get the fixed file here in the meantime (simply drop it in your override)

The problem with the legacy shields is that BG1 large shields are not yet ported, so the installer gives you three options on what to do with the in-game avatar appearance for those instead:

1. Make them look like BG1 medium shields
2. Make them look like the updated BG2 large shields in 1pp
3. Do not modify game files in any way (most likely giving you the vanilla BG2 large shield appearance)

Glad you enjoy playing :) That is the point, and what makes it all worth it.

Thank you for explaining. The clock is fixed as well. :)

#77 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

I would acturally prefer using 7z/have thought about it, but figured some people might have problems with it. Is there good support for Mac/Linux?

Heads up: Next update might take a bit to piece together but will contain some neat things. Good things to come :)

崇高滑稽
·

#78 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

7z and the underlying parts are open source/public domain. I can't imagine it isn't well supported on OSX. On Linux it is practically supported out of the box.

Incidentally, the new spell animations look awesome. Kudos! :)

#79 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

On Mac OS X you can use StuffIt Expander, Unarchiver or several other alternatives for 7z-files so it shouldn't be a problem for most users.

#80 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

RC3 Installation:
Icon displayed improperly(pink shadow):
Tzu-Zan's Bracers (BRAC26)

Question:
Helmets BG1 Style:
HELM15.ITM
Description says:
"This class of open-faced helmet(...)"
but icon displays closed-faced helmet, is it appropriate?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: are, you, excited, looking, like, fool, 500, release, candidates