BWP v11.2 released

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

A new release of BWP is out! There are no new mods added, but it is updated to the most recent mod versions. There is a change in the install order: the kits are installed before HLA changing mods.

Also an issue with the batch file regarding the compatibility check with findstr is corrected.

You will find the new files here: http://kerzenburg.ba...oads.php?cat=10

In the BWP Debug file there are nearly no error messages except these few ones:

BG1UB

Installing [Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter] [v13_120121]
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

[action list near line 121, column 14 of tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bg1ub/scar/ubscar.d] PARSE WARNING at line 121 column 1-7
Near Text: )
[False] not found in ACTION.IDS
WARNING: cannot verify action ~False()~: Parsing.Parse_error
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS	 Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter

This was already reported here: http://forums.pocket....html#msg329704

atweaks
Installing [Fast animation speed, shorter delay between animation start and creature appearance/disappearance] [v3.91]

[C#AJCUD1.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 8 column 1-115
syntax error

[C#AJCUD1.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 8 column 1-115
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [C#AJCUD1.BCS.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [C#AJCUD1.BCS] -> [override/C#AJCUD1.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
Stopping installation because of error.

I don't know why this happens. The file C#AJCUD1.bcs comes with the c#ajantis_sva mod and is not changed by any other mod.
As a workaround I moved this file out of the override with the install.bat.

BPv180c as always:

WARNING: cannot find block matching [BPv180/SNIP/oFIRAMB5.bcs]
WARNING: cannot find block matching [BPv180/SNIP/oFLAYUN.BCS]

WARNING: cannot find block matching [BPv180/SNIP/oVAMPIR1.bcs]
INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS	 Default portrait (Nix)
[Setup-BG1NPCSoA.exe] WeiDU version 23104

If I remember correctly, this happens when d0questpack is installed before, because this mod already improves the mindflayer's and vampire's IA

Reviesed Battles
Installing [Improved Mencar Pebblecrusher] [v6.3 BWP Fix]

ERROR: [sevpat05.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("not a vaild CRE file"))
Stopping installation because of error.

The sevpat05.CRE was changed by a few mods before. It seems that BPv180 damages this file.
As a workaround I copied the sevpat05.CRE out of BPv180\BACKUP\0 into the override with the install.bat.

SCSII as always (because Ascension is not installed)

WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsii/help/scripts/gpmage_asc.baf]
WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsii/help/scripts/gpthief_asc.baf]
WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsii/help/scripts/gparcher_asc.baf]

Stivan the Hunter

Installing [Default portrait (Nix)] [Stivan the Hunter, version 0.90 beta]
has a lot of warnings like this:

WARNING: COPY_TRANS: the chosen point (PLAYER1 33) has actions that must be left with the original speaker: "SetGlobal("M#RukTalkPlayer1_1","LOCALS",1)

and that:

If this is plain COPY_TRANS(_LATE), make sure that the last speaker is the same dialogue file as the one you're COPY_TRANSing from, then add SAFE after COPY_TRANS.
If this is INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS: use ICT2/4 instead.

or that:

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (BHCRYPT 0) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!
First Action: ~Enemy()~
Other Action: ~SetGlobal("slivercryptking","GLOBAL",1)~

#2 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

As usual : thank you !

#3 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thanks, been a while since I've tried a mega install, might give it a try.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#4 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thank you very much! :cheers: I will try it out after I finish my current game (which works perfectly BTW :P) :)

Also, I hope you noticed that the forum will be renamed to something like BWP & Megamod Help and moved to a better position in the site to be noticed better. You can see the conversation here in case you haven't already, and maybe come with some suggestions if you think its necessary :) .

Your work is truly appreciated, thank you again!

Edited by dreamer2007, 29 August 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#5 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

As of the update to v11.2.1 the install.bat no longer checks for the Missing WAV Files. Also the corresponding lines are now removed from the PDF.

#6 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thank you Leonardo Watson... You are still my favourite turtle and the best Sherlock Holmes sidekick rolled into one!

:cheers:

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Did a small(ish) install the other day and noticed that the install.bat doesn't run Setup-aurpatch.exe (probably because it's missing entries in the List.txt and Tra.txt) :P

Also, 1PPv4 has been released :o The installation seems pretty straightforward though :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

Would it be possible to copy the SPELL.IDS and STATE.IDS inside "BiG World Fixpack\_IDS files Backup" to the override BEFORE installing any mod? :P These 2 are never overwritten by any mod and get patched by practically everything :D

And considering that the lines they patch are never readded if already present, I'd think there's no harm in having a full list from the start :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

Would it be possible to copy the SPELL.IDS and STATE.IDS inside "BiG World Fixpack\_IDS files Backup" to the override BEFORE installing any mod?

But why not do that like this:
Bat command:
COPY + ~WeiDU.exe~ ~setup-BiG_World_Fixpack.exe~
setup-BiG_World_Fixpack.exe --force-install-list	0
And setup-BiG_World_Fixpack.tp2
BACKUP ~WeiDU/bwp_backup~
AUTHOR ~dummy@mail.de~
VERSION ~v12~
BEGIN ~BiG World Fixpack~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x80101FEF CD_STATE_NOTVALID~
UNLESS ~CD_STATE_NOTVALID~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x00000FC0 STATE_REALLY_DEAD~
UNLESS ~STATE_REALLY_DEAD~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x00102029 STATE_HARMLESS~
UNLESS ~STATE_HARMLESS~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x80040004 STATE_RANGED_TARGET~
UNLESS ~STATE_RANGED_TARGET~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x8014202D STATE_OUT_OF_ACTION~
UNLESS ~STATE_OUT_OF_ACTION~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x00400010 STATE_NOT_VISIBLE~
UNLESS ~STATE_NOT_VISIBLE~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x60400010 STATE_ILLUSIONS~
UNLESS ~STATE_ILLUSIONS~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x63C08010 STATE_ENCHANTED~
UNLESS ~STATE_ENCHANTED~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x8010202D STATE_DISABLED~
UNLESS ~STATE_DISABLED~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x00000029 STATE_IMMOBILE~
UNLESS ~STATE_IMMOBILE~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ 0x00400010 STATE_NOT_TARGETTABLE~~
UNLESS ~STATE_NOT_TARGETTABLE~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x8010202D RZ_STATE_DISABLED~
UNLESS ~RZ_STATE_DISABLED~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x49C08000 RZ_STATE_DISPEL~
UNLESS ~RZ_STATE_DISPEL~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x00000029 RZ_STATE_VULNERABLE~
UNLESS ~RZ_STATE_VULNERABLE~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x00400010 STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE~
UNLESS ~STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x00000029 D0_STATE_DISABLED~
UNLESS ~D0_STATE_DISABLED~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x8000380F STATE_INVALID~
UNLESS ~STATE_INVALID~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x6fe08010 STATE_DISPEL_GOOD~
UNLESS ~STATE_DISPEL_GOOD~
APPEND ~STATE.IDS~ ~0x8015300d STATE_DISPEL_BAD~
UNLESS ~STATE_DISPEL_BAD~

Patching the spell.ids's might not have the wanted consequences...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 September 2012 - 05:43 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

That's a really elegant solution actually :cheers: Here's something... It's the IDS patching code extracted from the BG2Fixpack Modder pack ^_^

Spoiler

This should preferrably be installed right after the BG2Fixpack I guess :P

Attached Files

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Spoiler

Erhm, do you know what happens if you do this and then install the SCS first component ? The DS(detectable spells)... I have a bad feeling it won't much like this.

This should preferrably be installed right after the BG2Fixpack I guess :P

Why not before it ?

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Erhm, do you know what happens if you do this and then install the SCS first component ? The DS(detectable spells)... I have a bad feeling it won't much like this.

I did a test install ^_^ Dothing except the IDS stuff found yesterday and BP-BGT-Worldmap borking because of beta WeiDU (v23105) :lol:

WeiDU.log: (wouldya look at that ^_^ 1PP installed nice! Had to input some stuff though...)
Spoiler

Why not before it ?

Because it's a direct port of the modder pack and the modder pack was usually installed after the BG2Fixpack :P

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Because it's a direct port of the modder pack and the modder pack was usually installed after the BG2Fixpack :P

But you aren't using the whole of the BWS, just parts of it... look at this post or that:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number
~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWS-URL.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWTRIMPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWINSTALLPACK.TP2~ #0 #0

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101

The ~SETUP-BWPINIT.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG World Project IDS Initialization: v0.0000000000000000000001a can easily replace the ~SETUP-BWFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 and thus also note the version of the Fixpack in usage. And the other pseudo mods can have the exact same code in them, just their own version tags and names.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 September 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

That makes sense :cheers: Nice little snip about the VERSION thing too!

There was another reason for installing it below the BG2Fixpack though... The BG2Fixpack edits IDSes too to fix some errors and typos so I dunno how it may interact if BWPINIT gets installed before it :unsure:

I also noticed that the code you posted contained entirely new IDS entries, are there more like those? :o

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

I also noticed that the code you posted contained entirely new IDS entries, are there more like those? :o

:ermm: Erhm, I just used one of the BWP's fixpacks (v11.1.6) "_IDS files backup" files(state.ids) as the base of the code.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

I found out that the STATE stuff from your post wasn't really needed because they were added as necessary by the mods that use them :) The STATS stuff though... That's detectable spells and I'm not sure that's something that every install should have :unsure:

Also notable is that there seem to be entries with the same name but different indices added by some mods (PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS added by d0quetspack at 185 and BPv180 at 125 :blink:)

Also, this one's for the BWP guys, anyone know what huge patch the BWPFixpack is applying to Hubelpot.tp2? It totally changes the TP2 and all the resources of the mod :o It's almost like a the mod is being reverted to some old version... (the only things to note in the patch are the addition of the Original Kit component and the ToB Fate spirit talks) The rest of it is basically changing resource names and removing comments.

And here's BWPINIT.TP2 with all of the extra STATES added :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 15 September 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

I found out that the STATE stuff from your post wasn't really needed because they were added as necessary by the mods that use them :)

And then you look back and run into the first error on this post. I think your memory is a bit flaky. Hi hi hiihhhii..

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

Aw come on I'd already added that in the original BWPInit.tp2 :P That's from the BG2Fixpack modderpack ^_^ Nonetheless, I've added all the lines in your post as well :P

#19 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for your fixes. a new fixpack v11.2.2 is now released.

I don't know what do with setup-bwpinit.tp2. Also I fear it don't solves the issues. Problem is that some mods override the already existing IDS files. So some of the entries will vanish during installation.
Hypothetical spoken you install the mods A, B, C, D; A has standard IDS files, B replaces them with its own incomplete files, C restores them again, D appends its own IDS entries What happens?
A-B-C-D, A-C-D and A-D : all is fine, but A-B-D you will get parse errors. Also if you change the install order to A-C-B-D: same mods as before, but parse errors. That is why my complete BWP installation has no parse error, but when you skip specific mods you will get those parse errors again.

For a durable solution either those mods that replace IDS files should be corrected or Dabus could add some lines to the Install.bat that completes the existing IDS files if necessary after every installed mod by calling your setup-bwpinit.tp2

Also, this one's for the BWP guys, anyone know what huge patch the BWPFixpack is applying to Hubelpot.tp2?

Read the readme inside BiG World Fixpack\SC#Hub\_copy

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

I'll try to catch those that replace the IDSes outright tonight :cheers: Meanwhile, stuff for BWPFixpack v11.2.2:

1Sylm: something's wrong here, the TP2 isn't patched but sn't copied either (the stuff in the depends folders don't have the IDS lines in them :unsure:)
NMRF-PC: patch made for v3 while v3.1 is out :P
planarspheremod: Items from this package (more_item_stuff.7z) didn't make it... while all the others in there did :D
Tashia: Stuff didn't get in
RoTerror: The TP2 patch contains the Trimpack's patch in it :P While harmless by itself, it can be devastating if used without the other RoT patch in the Trimpack...

Oh, and there's a new package too ^_^

Re: Hubelpot
Ah well, it became kinda confusing what with the new Hubelpot version in development and all :lol: