Translations into English for various mods

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#101 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

I hope I have finally fixed the translation files for Jarls BGT Adventure Pack. I figured out the problems with minsc.d
If a string follows on a flag enclosed with quotes it must be enclosed with tildes. For example:

JOURNAL @7
but
"JOURNAL" ~@7~

REPLY @5
but
"REPLY" ~@5~

See WeiDU Documentation

#102 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hello Leonardo.

Yes, I know that, I checked WeiDU Documentation while working on tra files.

Did I miss that in minsc dialogue? :wacko: Doh... I really did not notice... I double and triple checked. Fault of mine.

#103 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Just a progress report.

Macholy's mods: done Living Mod, Melody Inn-Traveller and Tweak Pack (still working on english readme).

Severian: done all files but the two largest ones; they will take some time.

#104 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Thael NPC submitted to Leonardo and mod author.

#105 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

I need news on proofreading:

Avi Maya Project, Gloran, Larsha, Lester, Er'vonyrah/Sovereign, Elvanshalee, Les Exiles de Lunargent/Devin, Shar-Teel and Vendedor DLAN.

Drop a line here or PM me.

Edited by Nightfarer, 04 July 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#106 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Hi Night... I share you I'm going to do some things after family events we have had to live like I told you. On July 15th start winter's holidays here, and in that time I will end with what I have committed. 

#107 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hi Lisandro. Yes, I remember you told me :(

I was asking in a general way, more than all for the five polish mods... as I have no news for a lot of time :unsure:

#108 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

To mr fantastic and cahir:

How is it going? Any news about proofreading?

Please say something... still proofreading, or... ?

@Cahir... I wrote you an email asking the same

Edited by Nightfarer, 15 July 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#109 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Very quick update:

I'm still working on Severian, the last two tra files, and on Macholy's Tweak Pack english readme.

Then I'll move to Trovador REO and asian mods.

However things will proceed a bit slow... I'm without pc since three weeks.

#110 PutridWalker

PutridWalker
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

I wanted to report a thing here. Please do not take it the wrong way.

I really feel that the Breagar translation is very poorly translated. I'm not being petty about it either. It's not simply some spelling errors, or some lines that are out of place. It's the fact that every single line I have seen have been improper (at best) or barely understandable (at worst). Quite frankly it looks very similar to a google translation to be honest.

Actually, since I know Breagar used to have a google translated english version, I thought there had been a mistake from my part. That I failed to install the "textpack" properly, and thus was stuck with a google translation. But when I compared the .tra files I noticed they were actually different. And that your version differ only slightly from the google version.

I hope you know that I would not dare to say that I can do it better. You spent a lot of time on this I'm sure and for that I'm thankful. But I must still report that Breagars english is simply not acceptable in it's current state.

#111 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hi PutridWalker.

Don't worry, I don't take it the wrong way nor personally... thus no prob on my side :)

Well... let's say that what you say is partially true... I mean... english tra files that come with the mod are effectively done using google translator or something like... that is my impression as well (and I forgot to redo some of them).

I don't know that, honestly I did not try using google nor other online translators (they are terrible)... I mean I used a german onlite dict website for some german sayings which caused me some headache, I also studied german language at school and in germany (uhm... 'though there's to say 20 years ago, something like that).

However I can frankly say that: I spent a lot of time on it (and questpack as well) but I offered to the person who proofread those (Breagar and Questpack) a rough english translation to move on towards other mods.

The english translation of Les Exiles de Lunargent and another one I'm working on (Severian) are probably way much better, but this is also due to the fact I speak and use french definitely more than german.

Some time in the future (I have no time as of now) I could re-revise it, not a prob, like for other mods... only time will tell (uhm... quoting the song), I'm just quite busy with real life.

P.S. Could you please send me a PM about those "lines out of place"? Me I did not notice but, as I said, it may be I forgot to redo some original tra files. I'm saying it seriously, could you send me a PM about those lines?

Edited by Nightfarer, 05 August 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#112 -Delgitty-

-Delgitty-

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hey, I am having trouble getting the textpack patcher to run on my computer, is there any chance someone could upload a prepatched version of Breagar?

#113 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Not a chance. Have to wait for next Breagar release.

#114 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

Just passing by.

If I don't get news I'd consider the following mods available for proofreading:

Avi Maya Project, Elvanshalee, Er'vonyrah,  Gloran, Larsha, Les Exiles de Lunargent, Lester, Shar-Teel Mod.

About Vendedor DLAN, any news Lisandro? Just asking if you feel to.

#115 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

how is the translation business going , Nightfarer ?

hope everything is progressing well.

#116 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

Hi and hello.

Well, things proceed but slower. I'm putting on sale two apartments :)

Macholy's Tweak Pack and Severian are nearly done.

Five polish mods are just in need of proofreading (Avi Maya Project, Er'vonyrah, Gloran, Larsha, Lester) as well as Elvanshalee and Shar-Teel Mod.

Les Exiles de Lunargent is actually under proofreading (Xicloing).

Vendedor DLAN was being proofread (still is?) by Lisandro.

Breagar is being re-revised by Gertwenger, who's also proofreading Macholy's Nameless Inn

Edited by Nightfarer, 09 January 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#117 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Lisandro, any news? Just asking.

Proofreaders needed for Avi Maya Project, Er'vonyrah, Gloran, Larsha, Lester, Elvanshalee and Shar-Teel mod.

@psychlopes: this is another reason things are proceeding slower. The mentioned mods are already turned into english since time but still in need of proofreading.

@Jourin9... would you like to give a hand and proofread some of those?

Edited by Nightfarer, 02 February 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#118 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

take your time.  and remember , although we dont say it always , but alot of people appreciate your work

#119 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

I just asked a native polish friend of mine about proofreading the polish mods... let's hope.

I've also asked a japanese friend of mine about ts25 mini mod.

@Leonardo and Lollorian

btw.... about TS25 Mini Mod: I noticed there is a ref to entry 9999 in dialog.d.patch although that entry doesn't exist (at least I did not notice it)... my guess is that it should be entry 9990.

It is:

CHAIN HAQUAT tz25___HAQUAT_0.0
-"Ž„‚Í”üp¤‚Å‚·‚©‚ç‚ËA‰½‚à’m‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ‚æB"
+@9999 --> this one should be @9990 ?

At least taking a look at dialog.tra.patch:

+@9990 = "Ž„‚Í”üp¤‚Å‚·‚©‚ç‚ËA‰½‚à’m‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ‚æB"

My guess is due to the fact that after the 9999 entry ref, the followings (in dialog.d.patch) are 9991, 9992 etc... up to 9998 (which is also last entry in dialog.tra.patch).

We're talking about BiG World Fixpack.

@psychlopes

I know that, no probs...

Edited by Nightfarer, 05 February 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#120 -Jourin-

-Jourin-

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Nighfarer,

I was thinking of volunteering for Breagar.  Maybe I could do Er'vonyrah.  I couldn't really commit to anything until income tax is done.

I will let you know when I can committ if you still need help.