Translations into English for various mods

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#161 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

Chantelameur v6 is out.

Edited by Nightfarer, 13 December 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#162 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:33 AM

P.S. Breagar will be revised.
How is the progress of this revision? Who is doing it?

#163 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi Jastey.

It is the last in line of 8 mods under proofreading. At the moment I'm turning into english the last 2 of BWP (TS25MiniMod and Trovador REO), so it will become the 10th. Estimated time is.... it will be when it will be.

Actually Gertwenger is proofreading my translations of the other mods... and Breagar is in his list as well.

#164 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

Thank you for the information.

One question to Ascalon's Questpack: The official mod is not even traify-ed. How are the English texts added? Is there an unofficial traify-ed version around? Where would I find it?

#165 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

You're welcome. You may guess, being just Gertwenger and me, there's a lot of work to do but things proceed.

Right, the official mod isn't traified. English translation is added via BWP textpack english, which inevitably also (via patches) traifies the dialogues and adds the original german dialogues as tra files.

No un-official... though I sent the mod author both traified dialogues and german/english tra files. However he did not release a "new" version.

There is also what appears to be a bug in the mod, fixed via BWP Fixpack.

BTW. As you do have my personal e-mail address, feel free to use it. No prob about.

Edited by Nightfarer, 15 December 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#166 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

Thank you for the hint about the bug, I'll have a look. --About adding translations, the German community does it, too, so no worries.

I do have to admit that I am not too fond of your translations, though. It sounds an awful lot like being made with an online translator, the meaning of the sentences is twisted in a lot of places. I'd rather you wouldn't put these online, I am afraid. I will replace the current translations as soon as they are corrected. I do admit that I am searching for others to do the proof-reading, too. I'll let you know when the mods (Breagar and Ascalon's Questpack) get revised elsewhere and/or have official English translations.

#167 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:34 AM

The bug is to be found in ACQ12000.D

DO ~GiveItem("ACQ12000",LastTalkedToBy())~ to be turned into DO ~GiveItemCreate("ACQ12000",LastTalkedToBy(Myself),1,0,0)~

Really me too I'm very unsatisfied with both of them... and, indeed, I was planning to redo them from scratch... when I'm done with those last 2 BWP mods.

No online translator used (the author used for Breagar).

#168 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

Hm, why would this have to be fixed? Is the syntax wrong? This line only shows if the boy has the ring in his possession, so there is no need to change it to "GiveItemCreate".

Anyways, that is detail. I am happy to hear that you are aiming for better translations, maybe I was jumping to conclusions when reading Breagar's.

#169 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN ACQ12002 24
~Nun, sie hat gesagt, sie wollte wach bleiben, bis ich... ich...~ = ~Der Ring! Ich wollte ihr den Ring schenken!~ = ~Oh <GABBER>! Es ist der Ring!~ DO ~AddJournalEntry(@10026,QUEST)~
==ACQ12002 IF ~HasItem("ACQ12000","ACQ12002")~ THEN ~Ich bitte Euch, nehmt den Ring und bringt ihn zu ihr. Schenkt ihr die Freiheit. Ich... ich könnte es nicht. Ich kann sie so nicht sehen.~ DO ~GiveItem("ACQ12000",LastTalkedToBy())~
==ACQ12002 IF ~!HasItem("ACQ12000","ACQ12002")~ THEN ~Ich bitte Euch, bringt den Ring zu ihr. Schenkt ihr die Freiheit. Ich... ich könnte es nicht. Ich kann sie so nicht ansehen.~

That sentence "Ich bitte Euch, nehmt den Ring und bringt ihn zu ihr. Schenkt ihr die Freiheit. Ich... ich könnte es nicht. Ich kann sie so nicht sehen".

If I'm being told "take the ring" then I should get the ring and take it to her. How am I supposed to give her the ring, if I don't have it? :lol2:

Though taking a closer look at the whole block...

The first should be IF !HasItem, while the 2nd HasItem.

Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

I did not notice it, as I was using mob phone :doh:

Edited by Nightfarer, 16 December 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#170 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

The code is correct as it is. You have to consider that the HasItem checks are for the quest character, not the PC:

First line: "Nehmt den Ring und bringt ihn.." = "Take the ring and bring it...". Checks for HasItem, ring is transferred via "GiveItem" (originally): From boy to PC.

Second line: "Bringt den Ring..." = "Bring the ring..." - no "take" here, as he doesn't give it. He only pleads the PC to bring it. Checks for "!HasItem": He only says this line if he doesn't have the ring himself.

--I have the supiscion that introducing the GivetemCreate here leads to a bug in a later time, when a cutscene is to trigger differently, depending on whether the boy still has the ring or gave it to the PC already (because with the GiveItemCreate, the ring is doubled in the game, as the boy keeps one and gives another to teh PC). But that is only a suspicion. Fact is that the original code seems to be alright.

The "bug" report I assume was due to the misleading line - the second one where the boy doesn't have the ring can be understood as if he is giving a ring to the PC. From the code I see that the ring is spawned on one of the gnolls, though. The PC is the first to find the ring, can give it to the boy - and later the above dialogue is triggered, differentiating between "Boy has ring" or "Boy has ring not".

Edited by jastey, 16 December 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#171 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

The "bug" report I assume was due to the misleading line - the second one where the boy doesn't have the ring can be understood as if he is giving a ring to the PC. From the code I see that the ring is spawned on one of the gnolls, though. The PC is the first to find the ring, can give it to the boy - and later the above dialogue is triggered, differentiating between "Boy has ring" or "Boy has ring not".

Hi Jastey.

Yeah... that may be very misleading.

Don't know, have to check the related code... though via that dialogue, one assumes it's the boy giving the ring.

#172 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

It is the boy giving the ring - if he has it. That is what the original dialogue does. It is actually all there in the snippet you posted. If he has it, he gives it. If he doesn't, he doesn't give it, but says a misleading line (the difference is there, though, in the original German text). You quoted above the line where he will give the ring (because this line only playes if he has it - checked by HasItem). Since this line only plays if he has the ring, the GiveItem() should work, too. EDIT: If you have a look at the whole quest's dialogue, you'l see that the PC is bringing the ring to the boy before that. Only after realizing that it is needed for freeing the spirit he will give it back.

Anyways, the GiveItemCreate was introduced into those lines where he would give the ring anyway, so the only damage that could be done is due to what I wrote about the doubled ring in the game.

-Let me have a closer look at this in the game. Maybe there is another bug playing into this, as well. I had reports about the boy being doubled, and I don't know yet whether it's before or after this dialogue.

Edited by jastey, 16 December 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#173 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

Hi Jastey.

Well, me I can tell you that I did not get the ring in any way... and the same Micbaldur.

The only way I'd been able to get it, was to use the GiveItemCreate.

I experienced that as well: the doubled boy.

Edited by Nightfarer, 16 December 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#174 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

You mean you searched the gnolls but no ring?

-I'll have a close look at this. I am currently collecting all bug reports and will start fixing eventually. If I am there I'll let everyone involved in the Fixpack know.

#175 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

Yes... not after gnolls nor after the boy.

But I confirm you, on my side, the doubled boy.

Though, if you knew someone who could help with proofreading... it would be nice.

Edited by Nightfarer, 16 December 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#176 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

btw... you're right.... I took a look at the setup file and, indeed, the ACQ12000 (the ring) should be dropped by the Gnoll Boss (ACGNOLL1.CRE).

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~ACQ12000~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~RING~

#177 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

That is what I was referring to, but I have to admit I only looked at the code and didn't play the quest yet. Something is amiss if players are not able to find the ring, that is for sure. I'll have a look at this.

As for proof reading, there is a volunteer for Breagar and/or for the Questpack, too. I'll let you know if anything develops. I am still waiting for Ascalon's OK to mainain the Questpack, too (he already gave his agreement for Breagar), then I will make an officially traify-ed mod package.

#178 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

Don't know what to tell you... maybe some other bug interferring with that :ermm:

But for the doubled boy yes... I read reports and experienced it as well.

However I did not mean just for these two... the current list includes: Severian, Sovereign, Devin, Macholy's Tweak Pack, Derat's Kits and Rukrakia.

It's a lot of work for Gertwenger (and he already proofread many other mods)... he's currently proofreading them and there are TS25MiniMod (I should finish turning it into english within the month) and Trovador REO on the way.

Edited by Nightfarer, 17 December 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#179 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

I've started to correct AC_Quest two days ago and will also correct ACBre in time. You can delay your own work on these, unless you want to send in your own translation for best choice reasons :)

#180 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi Bloodtitan.

Don't know what to say you. As I was saying to Jastey, my plan was to redo both of them from scratch after TS25MiniMod and Trovador REO.

Those should be the last 2 BWP mods lacking english translation (the others are under proofreading).