Translations into English for various mods

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#201 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

... the current version is 14.3.  You can find it here.
:devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#202 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

English version of Ascalon's Questpack has been redone thanks to Bloodtitan. I'll let you know when the original mod package is updated including the English version.

-One question to Breagar, mainly to Gertwenger as I understood you are on it, currently? How much work have you done for it, and how are chances you could provide it (I know Sergio contacted you concerning this)? - Bloodtitan offered to have a look at Ascalon's Breagar and neither want I work to be lost or doubled, nor can I refuse his offer, as the translation of Breagar really needs to be redone, and the faster, the better.

Edited by jastey, 31 December 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#203 Gertwenger

Gertwenger
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

@Jastey, Yes, I have Sergio's files, do you still want them?

Mod Contributions:

In-Progress:

Breagar NPC, Devin NPC, Severian NPC, Macholy's Tweak Pack, Sovereign Quest Mod, Derat's Unused Kits.

NPCs:

Chiara NPC, Malthis NPC,Huple NPC,Uldar NPC, Thael NPC, Gloran NPC, Shar-Teel NPC, Lester NPC, Larsha NPC, Avi Maya NPC, Rukrakia NPC, Frenneden NPC, Elvanshalee NPC.

NPC Expansions:

Sarevok Recovery (Expansion) Mod, Garrick Tales Of a Troubadour.

Merchant/Item Mods:

Vendedor Merchant, YL Items.

Kit Mods:

Shadow Ranger Kit, Rune Singer Kit, Blade Singer Kit, Priest of Bhaal Kit, Pirate Kit.

Content/Quest Mods:

Macholy's Living, Nameless Melody Inn, Dawn of Vampirism, Umbra of TROW, Tomoyo and the Underground City, Hidden Adventures, Haendler Mod, Derat's Ogre.

#204 Gertwenger

Gertwenger
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:37 AM

As far as progress is concerned, I've done maximum twenty files, small ones. The rest Sergio has done.

Mod Contributions:

In-Progress:

Breagar NPC, Devin NPC, Severian NPC, Macholy's Tweak Pack, Sovereign Quest Mod, Derat's Unused Kits.

NPCs:

Chiara NPC, Malthis NPC,Huple NPC,Uldar NPC, Thael NPC, Gloran NPC, Shar-Teel NPC, Lester NPC, Larsha NPC, Avi Maya NPC, Rukrakia NPC, Frenneden NPC, Elvanshalee NPC.

NPC Expansions:

Merchant/Item Mods:

Kit Mods:

Shadow Ranger Kit, Rune Singer Kit, Blade Singer Kit, Priest of Bhaal Kit, Pirate Kit.

Content/Quest Mods:

Macholy's Living, Nameless Melody Inn, Dawn of Vampirism, Umbra of TROW, Tomoyo and the Underground City, Hidden Adventures, Haendler Mod, Derat's Ogre.

#205 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

Gertwenger: Yes, if you could send them to my usename at web.de, that would be great!

#206 Gertwenger

Gertwenger
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

@Jastey: Sent.

Mod Contributions:

In-Progress:

NPCs:

NPC Expansions:

Merchant/Item Mods:

Kit Mods:

Content/Quest Mods:

#207 LuD

LuD
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

At the risk of sounding noob, but... where can i get these translations?

#208 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

http://www.shsforums...xtpack-english/
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#209 LuD

LuD
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

http://www.shsforums...xtpack-english/

Mille grazie.

#210 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

I got the package and sent it foreward to Bloodtitan. Thank you, Gertwenger!

#211 LuD

LuD
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:27 AM

I got the package and sent it foreward to Bloodtitan. Thank you, Gertwenger!

Are you the Jastey of the Solaufein's mod? I need some enlightenment about it.

#212 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:40 AM

If you mean the German Solaufein mod, then yes. If you have any questions, maybe best if you PM me.

#213 LuD

LuD
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

If you mean the German Solaufein mod, then yes. If you have any questions, maybe best if you PM me.

The question is related to the topic (mods' translation), so I post it here. Opening the files "C#SOLATRA.tra" and "GAME.tra" of Solaufein mod, I realized that half of the text is in english, half in german. Is that normal?

#214 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

It's because it's not yet translated fully - this language version is called "English (still great parts in German)". I'll continue translation as soon as I find the time (and motivation), but it is quite a lot of text, so it'll take time. EDIT: I only added this "language" version only for one of my testers who understands German but prefers English if having the choice, so I put in all texts already translated - otherwise, the mod would be only in German, for now.

In case anyone wants to work on the translation: I'd be grateful, of course, to have helpful support. Please contact me beforehand, though, as I tend to translate a string here and there from time to time, which would lead to chaos and double work if it's not coordinated with someone else's work. And I am also very, very picky. If German is not a tongue you speak, maybe working on this translation is not such a good idea.

Edited by jastey, 17 January 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#215 LuD

LuD
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

Now I know.

#216 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

Is it an alternative version to Weimer's soulafein?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#217 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:45 AM

Yes, you can have him in your party, he's got a friendship path (26 dialogues), banters, pids and so on. You have to rescue him from being transformed into a drider. If you got Weimers version installed, it's going to be compatible (of some sort like the rescue not triggering if Weimers already with you or 2 npcs waiting to ask you into the party if you rescued him and stated some sort of interest in him as a being). At least that's how Jastey introduced the mod.

Edited by dabus, 18 January 2015 - 06:46 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#218 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

What dabus said: The rescue quest triggers in front of the Drow city after the ceremony (but only if Weimer's Solaufein is not in the party or standing around), and after rescuing (my) Solaufein from the drider pits, he can join the group (or you can tell him to get lost, especially if Weimer's Solaufein is installed: then you can tell him you want him without any remembrance of the drider pits, and my Solaufein will vanish). Compatible with BGII, BGT, and BGII:EE. No romance, but otherwise fully fleshed out NPC mod for SoA+ToB with a friendship path (literally - he is making friends with you, or he will mute down), PIDs, banters with every BioWare and most BGII:EE NPC, interjections, custom "Drow fighter" kit (mostly stolen from other drow kit mods).

Only thing is that you should be able to understand German, as the "English" version is only about 20% done yet. :)

Edited by jastey, 18 January 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#219 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

Interesting.

Thanks Dabus and Jastey for the insight.

May I ask why the author went so far to actually propose an alternative? Was he insatisfied with Weimer's soulafein? Was the development just parallel? I'm kinda curious aobut the history of the mod, given the fact that it's the first time I hear about it

Edited by Sergio, 19 January 2015 - 01:38 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#220 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

You phrase it as if Weimer's Solaufein is *the* perfect characterization of the original game character. I have a different opinion on this and that is why I wrote my own mod*. It was finished only last year, is not in English yet and also still in beta, which might be the reasons why you didn't hear of it yet (I started it in 2004 but it was on hiatus for a long time, until IA gave me the drider animations for BGII. ;) ).

*I am not arguing about Weimer's being there first, and being *the* NPC mod that enabled all the nowadays modding with Weimer developping WeiDU's predecessor for it, and I am extremely nervous to propose another Solaufein NPC mod to the community because of this, but that still doesn't mean I have to agree to his characterization.

Thank you for your interest (and sorry for OT, Nightfarer).