PaintBG Introduction and Samples

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 artastrophe

artastrophe
  • Modder
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Thanks again, Mykra! I probably should have asked that first and saved some time. ^^

Baeloth here: https://sta.sh/0158lcqkx364 Not sure if he looks crazy enough, but I tried to make him a little more flamboyant than his original portrait...although I think that one looks more evil. :P baeloth_by_artastrophe-d5ronuj.jpg

Lava will probably add it into the mod when he has some time, but otherwise I'll just throw it into the alternate pack download for now. :)

#42 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Well, it would be great if anyone could tell me what are his portraits' filenames. Like BaelothL, BaelothM, BaelothS or what? :P

#43 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Looking in NearInfinity it's baelothL, baelothM and baelothS.

#44 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thanks :) You can expect an update soon :) Unfortunetelly I'm still in the middle of my exams, but I promise to find a sec ASAP and update PaintBG packages :)

#45 artastrophe

artastrophe
  • Modder
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Okay, finally updated the .zip with the alternates + some new PCs! Zip here http://www.deviantar...phe-d2eghlt.zip

bg__portrait_package_by_artastrophe-d2eg

#46 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Uploaded new version for both old BG and the EE version!

And I would like to ask you a favour, guys - please, try to install old BG version (not EE package as there is no installer there) and let me know if it works fine! I added Baeloth portrait so it was avaiable for charname, but I had no chance to test it, sorry. Everything should be fine, but... just let me know.

I also added some portraits in EE package - not only Baeloth, but also like 5-6 portraits that were included in old-BG version and were missing in EE.

Cheers!

#47 Mykra

Mykra
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Okay, finally updated the .zip with the alternates + some new PCs! Zip here http://www.deviantar...phe-d2eghlt.zip

Wicked! Man, Drow skin has to be the worst thing ever to paint, right? Either do it midnight blue so you can actually highlight and get details, or do it ebony and try not to have a Rorschach with red eyes.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - first row, very right - is that ginger Khalid?

#48 artastrophe

artastrophe
  • Modder
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

aww Rorshach hehe <3 Yeah, painting drow is a lot different... I think I might be kind of figuring it out (practice makes perfect!?? ;P), but yeah, it's a whole 'nother set of challenges from painting 'normal' skin. ^^

I actually had an elven red-head as one of my in-progress PC portraits, so I was like, huh... I can give him a sweeter expression and shrink his ears and morph him into Khalid! xD Which is why his armor is kind of random; I didn't feel like repainting that. But yes! It was not originally intended to be Khalid, but after our conversation the other day, I turned it into him. Or I tried to. Whatever. ^^

Edited by artastrophe, 17 January 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#49 squirrels

squirrels
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Alright. So I just spent about 3 hours hunting down pictures on webz to trim into custom portraits. Then I found your picture package and realized I needn't bother making my own portraits - you already nailed them.

Only request that comes to mind: Any chance you have a map for your "sample" image? A list saying which character goes with which picture. I noticed that the list at the start of the forum doesn't seem to match up with the pictures... Unless I'm reading it wrong and/or have been staring at a monitor for too long.

I'm going to peel open the install files and see if I can figure this out for myself, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first. =)

THANK YOU!

EDIT: Solved. When you unzip the download all the NPC pics are in named folders. *face palm* Should have looked first. ; )

EDIT 2: Also. I didn't make something clear: THESE ARE AMAZING! They look awesome in game and it's great to have common portrait style. It was also easy to rename a few that I wanted to swap (just replaced them in overrides after install). THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Edited by squirrels, 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#50 Mykra

Mykra
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

But yes! It was not originally intended to be Khalid, but after our conversation the other day, I turned it into him. Or I tried to. Whatever. ^^

I thought it turned out fine. He could be a little thicker, and is missing that kind of Roman lorica armor Khalid's original portrait had, but it kind of has that sweet-goof feel Khalid should have. Plus, if you use BG1NPC, they explained his stutter and kinda shaky courage as gifts from a forcible stay with the Zhent's. So the scar across the cheek really fits.

Really enjoy the new pictures and look forward to whenever/if ever new ones come out.

#51 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Some great alternate portraits there :)

Few suggestions :

- Sarevok's portrait doesn't feel well centered.

- Another (lighter) Baeloth would be great to see (I really find "canon" drow colors to be... somewhat meh for a portrait : too dark - your original VIconia was just spot on for me color-wise)

- Any news regarding Dorn & Rasaad portraits v2 following my previous suggestions ?  :clown:

Otherwise, gorgeous portraits, as always, and I really thank you for your work and everything you've done, once again :)

#52 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

=> Will take a look at Sarevok, but I don't think it's that bad :P But will check it again in future.

=>Baeloth and the other suggesting... not sure if Arta feels like working any soon as it was really draining to draw lik 50 portraits 2 months. She needs some rest, but maybe in future.... we shall see :) 

#53 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sure, It's not like I'm asking for anything, just giving some feedback (and hoping for more, of course, hey, your fault for providing awesome alternative portraits :P)

Edited by Aranthys, 26 January 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#54 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Actually, I've got a (small) request :

Could we also get the blue eyed Viconia as an alternative portrait, please ? :D

That one :  http://artastrophe.d...Waste-341210301

I'd have done so myself, but this one has a Watermark :)

Edited by Aranthys, 26 January 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#55 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Arta may include it in her Alter-pack :) I am sure she's somewhere here, reading those messages ;)

#56 artastrophe

artastrophe
  • Modder
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

haha I was in the middle of a reply actually. ;P It takes me an unfortunate amount of time to figure out how to phrase things... :rolleyes:

Actually, I've got a (small) request :

Could we also get the blue eyed Viconia as an alternative portrait, please ? :D

Hey, Lava--did you update the mod to include the new dark-skinned version of Viconia as the standard one, then? Because AFAIK that blue-eyed Viconia IS the one in the mod right now--or at least if you downloaded the original v1 of it, she should be in there. But if that got overwritten, then yeah, I can add it to the 'alternate' pack instead. ^^ I still have the v1 files of her, so I uploaded them here http://sta.sh/01j54zbyozbj

Edited by artastrophe, 26 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#57 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

No, I made no update that would affect Viconia... But haven't we prepared this version but with more red-copper eyes? I don't remember xD

#58 artastrophe

artastrophe
  • Modder
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

uhoh I don't know then!! I thought the blue-eyed version WAS the one in the original files. D: OOPS... I had added the red-eyed one as an alternate, then did the dark-skin one as an alternate. Ummm sorry I probably should have checked that before I uploaded it. >_> Okay, hang on then. P:

edit: okay, no, that's the same version! Blue-eyed Viconia was already in the original download, sorry; I just copied the same files again hehe

Edited by artastrophe, 26 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#59 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Ooookay xD Mmm some chaos! Some entropy! Haer'Dalis would be proud!

#60 artastrophe

artastrophe
  • Modder
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

(so, Aranthys, no! you can't get her as an alternate, since she's still the default.) ;D

Ooookay xD Mmm some chaos! Some entropy! Haer'Dalis would be proud!

sounds about right!! xD