• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#81 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

Praise where praise is due!

You two did a really great job, almost feels like a waste to use those lovely original portraits for 'just another portrait pack'. :)

#82 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

Heh, thank you :)

#83 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Gah!

This is awesome! :D

I noticed that artastrophe had some portraits on her deviant art page (like Solaufein) that are not in this pack are these being considered to be placed into the next edition?

*claps*

Edited by Cerest, 01 May 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#84 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yep, it will be included, but I'm waiting for some more portraits than Valen and Sola :P

And thanks :)

#85 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

Excellent ... I took the liberty of framing these paintings for my game. I also switched some of the artwork for other NPCs. These will be my set for a long time. 

Qk7DxmX.png

Edited by joshuar9476, 12 May 2013 - 04:56 AM.

i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#86 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

It's the first time I find a portrait pack for Baldur's Gate NPCs of such level of quality. Congratulations.

#87 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

Great portraits, I really love all of them. Are planning to make portraits for major non-playable NPC's? 

I do realize that creating portraits for all characters in BG Saga is impossible, but I'd love to see such magnificent ones for more important Sword Coast residents.

Here is my personal list for characters I'd like to see illustrated by portrait pack author:

1. Tethoril - because he is respected persona in Candlekeep

2. Firebead Elvenhair - he's rather notable wizard in Sword Coast and pops up both in Candlekeep and in Beregost

3. Kelddath Ormlyr - he practically runs the major temple of Lathander 

4. Talanthyr - well know, powerful and respected wizard. And have some pretty cool stuff in his store :)

5. Ragefast and Ramazith - both respected and powerful wizards

6. Duke Eltan/Duke Entar Silvershield - key figures in Baldur's Gate

7. Lieutenant Scar - pretty important in main plot and important member of Flaming Fist

8. Tazok/Tranzig/Mullahey/Rieltar/Angelo - important figures during main plot

9. Volothamp Geddard - cause You know, he's Volo :)

10. Shandalar - he is insanely powerful Halruaan wizard who deserves a lovely portrait.

Hope You'll make some of them one day.

Edited by Cahir, 13 May 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#88 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

The portraits are impressive, very well done, all matching in style (this is very important for me in the game, I do not like portraits for the NPCs if they differ in style). And you gave the NPCs very own and very fitting characters. I am very impressed!

I love your Ajantis. :)

One question: You have a Solaufein on your webpage. Is the portrait also available for use in the game, too?

#89 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Jastey -- not in the mod, but once things become a bit less hectic, I will prepare v2 with more portraits. Some mod NPCs will be included :) I'm not sure how many of those, but... you know, I'm already like a slaver with a whip and I really like Arta so I would rather not hurt her :D but seriously -- both me and Arta remember about the project and there are some plans for v2 :) And yay -- I can tell everyone that I love my dear artist ^^ xD

And thanks again, everyone :)

#90 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

You wrote "not in the mod" - is the Solaufein Portrait available somewhere? I at least couldn't download the pictures from the webpage.

Thank you for your work! I am looking foreward to v2.

#91 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

It's only here, for now :)

You would need to download and resize it. Not sure if there's a unsigned version of it available to the public. And Arta's work is always in-progress xD Seriously, if only I could count how many portraits have changed xD

#92 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Ah, thank you! I managed to download it now. Still, looking foreward to more additions. :)

#93 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Is there hope for a version with Viconia, Edwin and Khalid alternates? These would transfer me straight to BG heaven...

#94 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

You can have more than hope, Zi.

#95 napple

napple
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Thank you so much for these.  I downloaded your NPC portraits pack and also the Alternate portraits pack and they are amazing!  Then I swapped some of the alternate portraits in for the NPCs (I like Edwin with the hood, great job!) and wow, what a difference.

It is so great to have high-quality and stylistically-consistent portraits for the characters.  Thank you!  :clap:

#96 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

In some time you may get a new version. You woń't need to download the alternate pack anymore...and you'll get even more brand new goodies!

#97 Eudaemonium

Eudaemonium
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

I love this mod so much. So much so that I got a commission from Arta back in... may, I think. A while ago, at least! Like others have said, I love having a well-done and thematically-consistent portrait pack, it has made my BG games much more enjoyable!

I wanted to ask, since BG2:EE will be out on November 15th, whether the BG2 portraits in the pack will be resized to the new EE sizes? (Hopefully including the extra ones, like Irenicus, Bodhi, Ellesime and the Five, etc).

#98 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Yeah, I will try to prepare a BG2EE version. I think it will be the same package as for BGEE with some additions :)

I'm glad you like Arta's work :)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 20 October 2013 - 03:03 AM.

#99 Eudaemonium

Eudaemonium
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thank you for the swift response! I shall await the update most eagerly :)

#100 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Has anyone converted this pack so that it adds all the portraits to non-joinable major NPCs? It's the flip side of the coin, and would appear to a great deal of people I believe.