Photo

White NPC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#21 -CanWakhan-

-CanWakhan-

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hi! I've got problem with your mod. After White joined me, I went down to the Ulcaster's Ruin's and then I've found a "Man" but the dialog seems broken, because he's only saying: "No... please.." and that's all. Then dialog just ended, nothing happend and I can do it all over again. I've BGT, so probably because it happened because of all these mods. Anyway, is there any chance that you can help me? I really wanted to play with him, mostly because I am fun of your great work. Regards.

#22 CanWakhan

CanWakhan
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

It's my again. Sorry, my bad. I've thought that I placed some useful information about my problem. So here's my Weidu. log and also my saved game with White and the "Man" who speaks nothing more than "No... please..." If you could take a look on it, I'll be glad. I've checked variable globals but the seemed to be alright, but maybe I'm wrong.

Oh, and one more thing. When he joined me, there're information about his special abilities, I believe. And first is: "White - Just leave: White."

Here are weidu and saved game:
http://www.4shared.c...0010-White.html
http://www.4shared.c...y4ce/WeiDU.html

#23 -Cherudek-

-Cherudek-

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

Reporting an issue which appears to be caused by this mod: when meeting Viconia in Pedvale, White has an interjection that seems to break the dialogue. No way to recruit her after that, since the Flaming Fist mercenary never shows up.

The only fix I can think of is to try to kick White out of the group temporarily (before talking to Viconia), but he doesn't like it and his dialogue implies that doing so would break his romance...

#24 -Cherudek-

-Cherudek-

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

^ Late, but in case anyone had the same issue I did: casting silence on White before talking to Viconia did the trick.

#25 -Graeme-

-Graeme-

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:40 AM

Hello, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks very much for this mod. It is great! :)

White is an awesome NPC, thank you for giving us a gay romance option for BGEE. I really enjoyed playing with him in the party. The banter with other party members was good too! 

I know many people have asked, but I also would love to see White in BG2EE.

Great mod, thanks for the hard work  :)

#26 -Brenden Hill-

-Brenden Hill-

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hi! I've got problem with your mod. After White joined me, I went down to the Ulcaster's Ruin's and then I've found a "Man" but the dialog seems broken, because he's only saying: "No... please.." and that's all. Then dialog just ended, nothing happend and I can do it all over again. I've BGT, so probably because it happened because of all these mods. Anyway, is there any chance that you can help me? I really wanted to play with him, mostly because I am fun of your great work. Regards.

Did you ever find a way to fix this

#27 Meyahi

Meyahi
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:55 AM

Hi I really loved this mod, do you plan on getting this guy to Soa/ToB?

#28 -TheInquestitor-

-TheInquestitor-

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:03 PM

Hi, I'm having the same problem as CanWakhan, I get to the man in the Ulcaster Ruins but all he says is "No please...", is there a fix for this? White seems like an incredibly fun character, so I'll be disappointed if the mod ends so abruptly for me.

#29 Artemius I

Artemius I
  • Modder
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:16 PM

Hi, I'm having the same problem as CanWakhan, I get to the man in the Ulcaster Ruins but all he says is "No please...", is there a fix for this? White seems like an incredibly fun character, so I'll be disappointed if the mod ends so abruptly for me.

I'm not Lava but I'm familiar with the issue - it's a case of missing death variables and override scripts. Put the attached .tp2 file into your White mod folder and reinstall.

Attached Files

My major projects:

NPCs: Sirene (BG:EE | BG2:EE), Drake (BG:EE), Aura (BG:EE), Pai'Na (BG2:EE)

Kits: The Artisan's Kitpack, Bardic Wonders, Warlock, Shadow Magic

Tweaks: Artemius' House Tweaks

In-progress: Aura BG2, Drake BG2, The Fallen Light, Shadow Magic: Thultanthar

A comprehensive list of my mods

The Artisan's Corner (my personal mod site)

#30 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

I am in the process of manually modding BGEE 2.3.67.3B with SoD and big World Fixpack.

While installing White v1.4  i got the following message from the "installation dialog box" :

In state 68, I expected one of these tokens:
  [10] AUTHOR
Parse error (state 68) at ~~
[AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 3 column 1-7
Near Text: SUPPORT
        GLR parse error
[AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2]  ERROR at line 3 column 1-7
Near Text: SUPPORT
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
[.\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk] created, 74572 string entries

If someone knows anything about this ??? 

#31 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:09 PM

"AC_QUEST" is from Ascalon's Questpack. If the tagg "SUPPORT" is not known then it sounds as if the setup.exe is not a current one (v245) but a former version that didn't know the (newly added) tagg "SUPPORT".

I guess the Setup-White.exe is an older version (although I am surprised it doesn't auto-update with a newer setup.exe in your game folder).

You can easily fix this by taking a current weidu.exe (v245) and rename it to "Setup-White.exe" (replacing the older one) before running the installation of White.

#32 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

Hi,

thanks for the answer. 

For a BGEE game, the readme "says" to run : bgee_install_white_setup.bat (the steup_white.exe is for BGT edition). (As i uninstall everythink, i can't tell what version of weidu.exe was installed)

Nb : i though the last version of Weidu.exe was 246000 ??? I am quite lost but i learn :)

#33 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

Nb : i though the last version of Weidu.exe was 246000 ???

Well to be exact, the v246(00)... direct download link. But that might not mean the latest weidu.exe is not the solution... jastey, there might no be an official release topic, but the v246 is the latest.

Edited by The Imp, 02 July 2018 - 11:23 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#34 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

Argh, sorry - yes, v246 is the latest WeiDU version.

EDIT: v245 would do the trick with regard to the SUPPORT tag, though.

Edited by jastey, 02 July 2018 - 01:14 PM.

#35 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

Thanks,

As far as i know, usually the weidu thing is supposed to update itself to the last version available in the game folder. So i should just have to copy weidu.exe v246 in my game folder before starting installing any mod ? 

By the way, i have an annoying "bug" with the dialogue box : each time a new line of text is added, all the text is "scrolling over". Would you have any idea where does this come from ? 

#36 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

I don't know about the text box bug, sorry.

My experience is that the weidu.exe (with this name) doesn't suffice, it has to be one of the mod-setup.exes for the auto-update to start.

#37 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Ok i get it ; i have notice that each time i install a mode by running a setup-modname.exe, it is going to check every other setup-modname.exe Inside the game folder and is going  to update to the last version Inside the folder. I will try. Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

#38 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:19 AM

(know that I am looking at this discussion from the shadows; also know that I am aware of this mod's state its need of an update. It will happen, but I also have to deal with some other projects and releases)

#39 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:56 AM

Just to be clear :

The White archive contains :

- the usual folder

- an old version of WeiDU

- bgee_install_white_setup.bat

- setup-White.exe (to run BGT)

If i try to install this mod manually on BGEE/Windows system i should :

1/ unpack the mod archive in my game folder

2/ Delete the 3 files coming from the White archive (aka weidu.exe, bgee_install_white_setup.bat and setup-White.exe

3/ copy the last version of the weidu.exe file in my game folder and rename it : setup-white.exe

#40 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:29 AM

That should work, yes.

The (old) setup-White.exe inside the mod package is ok for White mod only, but it chokes on a game with more mods because e.g. the AC_QUEST.tp2 uses newer syntax.

All the .bat does is calling the weidu.exe (that's why that is there as well) for installation and specifying the game language to be English. It might be helpful if installing to a completely new EE game but in principle i's not needed to install the mod on a game.