Photo

Kit Tomes for BGT, TuTu & BG:EE

Kit Tome Merchant

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:10 AM

What file are you referring to which needs to be edited?
The mods .tp2 -file of course... "setup-kittomes.tp2" to be exact.

Edited by The Imp, 26 March 2015 - 05:17 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#22 CroMagnon

CroMagnon
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:14 AM

The .tp2 -file of course... "setup-kittomes.tp2" to be exact.

Thank you. And, if the BWS installer complains and won't install the mod because the file size of the mod is changed, is your opinion that I should try and install the mod (manually) after the BWS install, or would that pose likely risks?

Edit:  Yup, the BWS installer doesn't recognize the mod because of the changed file size. I'm obviously now curious about how I can set the BWS installer to recognize the changed file.

Edited by CroMagnon, 26 March 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#23 CroMagnon

CroMagnon
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

The mods .tp2 -file of course... "setup-kittomes.tp2" to be exact.

I think I found it. Hopefully this is all. Do I just need to change this file size entry in the mod.ini? Or are there other edits needed?

Edited by CroMagnon, 26 March 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#24 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

Honestly I would let the BWS run until it had extracted all the files as normal and pause after it starts to install mods and then edit the .tp2 file. And then unpause.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#25 CroMagnon

CroMagnon
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

Honestly I would let the BWS run until it had extracted all the files as normal and pause after it starts to install mods and then edit the .tp2 file. And then unpause.

Okay, I did your nice sidestep method for now, and it appears BWS installed it just fine. No errors in the BWS log for the Kit Tomes install. Thank you very much!

#26 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

Heh, one more time Imp to the rescue.  :) I couldn't be more baffled when I saw this thing, been considering to temporally remove those tis files from override then put them back after installation of mod. This works wonderfully on my EE installation. THANKS. 

#27 -ValamirCleaver-

-ValamirCleaver-

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:00 PM

I was using the BWS that was just released earlier today & I had this very same error. The edit The Imp suggested fixed it. I'm surprised this same error is still in the program almost 6 months later.

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

The BWPFixpack has this fix from 2013 :unsure:

EDIT: I understand :doh: You guys have EE installs - which doesn't use the BWPFixpack. My bad :P

Edited by Lollorian, 05 August 2015 - 11:06 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#29 -Grimwald-

-Grimwald-

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

I think that I have a problem with the quest to get an axe from a sirine. I talked to Durin and he gave me a subtle hint about what to do.

I went to talk to her, but she won't talk.

However if I just kill her, I can complete the quest. :)

It is not therefore a big deal. What I want to know is: should she speak to you?

#30 -Grimwald-

-Grimwald-

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Re the above, I suspect a mod conflict with It's a long way to Kara Tur.

#31 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:57 AM

I have a problem with this mod on easy Tutu installation:

ERROR: Failure("resource [sirine.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-KITTOMES.DEBUG and look for support at: Smeagolheart

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [sirine.cre] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [kittomes/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "kittomes/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[kittomes/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  84 files for [KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2] component 0.
  Restoring backed-up [kittomes/backup/0/_VICONJ.dlg]
kittomes/backup/0/_VICONJ.dlg copied to override/_VICONJ.dlg, 230 bytes
Uninstalled     84 files for [KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2] component 0.
Unable to Unlink [kittomes/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "kittomes/backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [kittomes/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "kittomes/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
Here is my current Weidu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Level One Proficiency Restrictions: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #114 // Rest Spawns Advance Time: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Dialogue Greeting Subtitles: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Subtitles For Standard Soundsets: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #123 // Enable Auto-Pause On All Screens: Beta 0025
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU: 9 (22 Mar 13)
~SETUP-W_3KRADZIEJ.TP2~ #1 #0 // EXE PATCH
~SETUP-W_3KRADZIEJ.TP2~ #1 #1 // W_3kradziej
~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Assign a kit to Ajantis? -> Ajantis: Inquisitor
~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Assign a kit to Eldoth? -> Eldoth: Jester
~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Assign a kit to Faldorn? -> Faldorn: Avenger
~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Assign a kit to Kivan? -> Kivan: Archer
~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #37 // Assign a kit to Safana? -> Safana: Swashbuckler
~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #39 // Assign a kit to Shar-Teel? -> Shar-Teel: Berserker
~COMFORGE/SETUP-COMFORGE.TP2~ #0 #0 // CoM Forge
~BG1ADVENTURE/SETUP-BG1ADVENTURE.TP2~ #0 #0 // bg1adventure
~ANDYRIMTUTU.TP2~ #0 #0 // Andyr's entry for Iron Modder Tutu: A Rain Of Tears.
~SETUP-DIT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ding0's Iron Tutu
~P#IMDOMI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Domi's IM TUTU entry: Rain of Tears
~SETUP-IRONTUTU1GHREY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Iron Tutu 1: A Rain of Tears, by Ghreyfain
~DS/SETUP-DS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast for TotSC/Tutu... -> BP-BGT Worldmap version: All areas added to worldmap (requires BP-BGT Worldmap). 
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Drizzt Saga for BGEE/Tutu/BGT -> BP-BGT Worldmap version: all areas added to worldmap (requires BP-BGT Worldmap): v3.00
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Delayed start: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower: v3.00
~SETUP-BONEHILLV275.TP2~ #0 #0 // Secret of BoneHill (Requires BGT or Tutu): v2.75c
~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Stone of Askavar for TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BGEE -> BP-BGT Worldmap version: all areas added to worldmap (requires BP-BGT Worldmap): 2.1
~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.11 -> Normal edition
Maybe this mod isn't compatible with mods that use EXE patching like Tobex or Pickpocket actions on Tutu?  

#32 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:26 AM

Funny thing is, the sirine.cre-file is called "sirine01.cre" in the EasyTutu install I have. So it's just a wrong file call, that cause this whole thing. So it's not .exe -patching.

Anything after the first "Stopping installation because of error." -line is just debug info that's usually meaningless, drivel.

#33 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

Funny thing is, the sirine.cre-file is called "sirine01.cre" in the EasyTutu install I have. So it's just a wrong file call, that cause this whole thing. So it's not .exe -patching.

Anything after the first "Stopping installation because of error." -line is just debug info that's usually meaningless, drivel.

Thanks for info Jarno. I'm not desperate to install this mod, although I like it's roleplaying aspects ( quests and interjections ) and cheesy option to kit multiclasses ( no Jaheira berserker/druid or fighter/avenger this time  :P ). Maybe the author will fix it until I finish my installation, hope cost nothing...  :)

Edited by Greenhorn, 19 July 2019 - 11:36 AM.

#34 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:01 PM

Success! I just renamed sirine.cre in sirine01.cre in mod's  TP2 file. There is still hope for Jaheira fighter/shapeshifter ( Khalid, you better watch out!  :P ). Thanks for idea Jarno. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 19 July 2019 - 12:04 PM.

#35 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

It seems a hostile sirine is ok, from what is written above. But you shouldn't use sirine01.cre but _sirine.cre for Tutu (or %tutu_var%sirine.cre, if the cmpvar.tpa is present). This sirine you will find at several places in the game, the sirine01.cre is not used by Tutu as far as I can see.

#36 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

It seems a hostile sirine is ok, from what is written above. But you shouldn't use sirine01.cre but _sirine.cre for Tutu (or %tutu_var%sirine.cre, if the cmpvar.tpa is present). This sirine you will find at several places in the game, the sirine01.cre is not used by Tutu as far as I can see.

But there is NO "_sirene.cre" in an EasyTutu_ToB game !!!! Check it yourself, by making an install. I think the %tutu_var% aka _ is for .itm's, not .cre's, as there ARE NONE in my install.

Edited by The Imp, 20 July 2019 - 02:23 AM.

#37 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:57 AM

Umm, I don't know if this shed some light on the matter, but in my easy Tutu install, when I'm checking with Shadow keeper in my Tutu install directory, there are several CUSTOM sirine files beside Sirine01 original file: _irine02, _irine A, _irine B and _sirine. So what would be the best choice and is it relevent anyway?  :huh:

#38 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:14 AM

Here is what I found in mod's sirens BAF file:

IF
Global("S9AddDAxe","%ShipwrecksCoast%",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("sirine01",[1101.1844],0)
CreateCreature("s9sirine",[1007.1936],10)
SetGlobal("S9AddDAxe","%ShipwrecksCoast%",1)
END

#39 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

The Imp: I was referring to my Easytutu install, there is a _sirine.cre and a sirine01.cre which has Race "Basilisk" in my game.

Greenhorn: you are right, there is also _irine_a.cre and _irine_b.cre and _irine02.cre.

It seems from the script you posted that the mod already uses sirine01.cre anyhow, so you might as well use it for the change in the tp2. I'd still recommend using _sirine.cre here, though, since it's the tutu equivalent of the sirine.cre in BG1 (from terms of nomenclature). I looked at teh tp2 and the mod just takes one existing game cre and makes it a custom mod cre that receives the ax in question, so you should be good with the changes you made.

Edited by jastey, 20 July 2019 - 04:25 AM.

#40 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:36 AM

Thanks for clarification Jastey, glad that this is sorted out.