Photo

BWP v13

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#41 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

No problem. One of your mods could be corrupted, that is always a possiblity.

#42 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Report for BWPFixpack v13.0.2 :cheers:

- BWP Compatibility patches for areas.tbl for both CtB and Eilistraee can be patchified

- CtB's links.tbl can be patchified

- DrizztSaga's setup_2.tra can be deleted

- DSoA's sAR0700.baf.sqx can be deleted

- Khalid's bzikhal.D is both patched and copied (delete the one under _copy)

- NTotSC's links.tbl can be patchified (also, the Vault dependant patch is present both inside BWP Compatibilty patches as well as the BWPFixpack root folder)

- RoTerror's MYSHDW01.d is both patched and copied (delete the one under _copy)

- ToBEx's INI changes are unnecessary if you use the latest v26

- Fixes to include as of today - this, these and this... and this (requires WeiDU v23110 or above)

Edited by Lollorian, 09 September 2013 - 07:44 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

AAR003.ARE from Vecna should probably not be patched like a text file :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#44 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

EDIT: Updated UB with a minor translation update(and for better compatibility with Aurora's Shoes and Boots and other mods, thanks to Wisp).

Edited by Kulyok, 13 September 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#45 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Reply to the before the edit part:
The BWP's install log is in the .PDF file... and it indeed is UB at 19.x .. while the Aurora is in 24.y, so it was never a problem.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#46 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Please update the Trimpack's BoneHillv275.tp2 patch to this one :) (current patch shows "hunks" when installed with v275c... damn hunks)

Attached Files

#47 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

AAR003.ARE from Vecna should probably not be patched like a text file

I don't know how this could happen. Anyway, it is fixed now.

#48 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Info for next release:

Mix Mod is now called Difficulty and Tweak mod:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=25461

and I think that component numbers are changed a bit.

#49 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Report for BWPFixpack v13.0.3 (oh so close) :woot:

- Vecna's fixes miss a lot of stuff, so please use this package to patchify/copy as needed :P

- Bonehill, dq and RE's fixes can be deprecated thanks to new updates

- soa's areas.tbl is not needed (matches file in original mod) and tutu_areas.tbl can be patchified

- Lolfixer update

- Attached a small compatibility patch I'd made for NSC portraits and the Sarah NPC mod (I'd asked for it to be reported back sometime ago but my deustche lacks. Come on german dudes! Help a guy out here :P) - drop both files into the NSC portraits folder inside the BWPFixpack

... what does it do? It renames a portrait file and patches the corresponding lookup table's line

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 15 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#50 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

What & why exactly is "skipped" at "1.13 BG2 fixpack v10"?

There's this "skipped" label against "BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update" component of BG2Fixpack in BWP manual.

I've checked bg2fixpack.tp2 and from what I understand nothing is skipped in Game Text Update provided you've picked english for install language. So, why is this label in BWP?

Furthermore, there seems to be certain pattern with all other "skipped"s in BWP manual:

- they mark components that will be automatically skipped due to previous installations or choices, with an explanation given as of why is this component being skipped and

- there's nothing on the "install/not install" column against such components.

Both symptoms aren't there for BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: there's no explanation whatsoever and supposedly skipped components are marked to "install" at the same time.

Considering this pattern failure together with tp2 not providing skipping, I'd like to ask for clarification: is it a typo in BWP Manual, or there's actually something being skipped during BG2 Fixpack installation, and if so, what and why?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#51 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

If you go and look at the document with more closer look(aka, the weidu.log), you'll see that the BWP actually skips the 1000/1001 components... which is why there is the red skipped marker ! Yeah, it says Insta... in the 1000, but it's not installed actually.

When you auto install, you just write down the numbers of the representive components to the command lines extension and the weidu.exe does the rest.

Edited by The Imp, 15 September 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#52 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

If you go and look at the document with more closer look(aka, the weidu.log), you'll see that the BWP actually skips the 1000/1001 components... which is why there is the red skipped marker ! Yeah, it says Insta... in the 1000, but it's not installed actually.

Thanks a lot The Imp!
I have a weidu.log from an older BWS, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be that reliable seeing as it's result of BWS, not BWP. I will try harder to understand BWP Installpacks batch file instead, though it was mission impossible for me so far :)

So, as I take it, 1000/1001 is skipped due to BWP Installpack settings, not as an inner working of fixpack tp2. Do you know, by a chance, what is the reason why it is skipped? Is it just "because, that's why", or there's any compatibility issues?

Edited by Creepin, 15 September 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#53 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

So, as I take it, 1000/1001 is skipped due to BWP Installpack settings, not as an inner working of fixpack tp2. Do you know, by a chance, what is the reason why it is skipped? Is it just "because, that's why", or there's any compatibility issues?

Well dah, read these instructions on editing the .bat, the BWI.bat is far more higher level of programming but the example should lead you to a path that educates you more. The link is from my FAQ... so you really just had to read that. :P

#54 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the links, I take it these are rather related to understanding BWI batch file, but there would be hardly explained about why that 1000/1001 were being skipped? Are there any reason, or that's just a whim?

Edited by Creepin, 15 September 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#55 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the links, I take it these are rather related to understanding BWI batch file, but there would be hardly explained about why that 1000/1001 were being skipped? Are there any reason, or that's just a whim?

Well, the component is faily newish, it might be that Leonardo just hasn't had the time to include it... and bug -cheese it out.

#56 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I think that "SKIPPING" in pdf is typo, because BWI.bat installs "BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update" component of BG2 Fixpack.

In bat it reads:

%IFE% Call %INST% bg2fixpack "1000"

which means that, if you choose english as your language, component 1000 (GTU Light (by Wisp)) is installed, but not 1001 (GTU Classic (from Baldurdash, by Kevin Dorner)). You can only install 1 version of GTU(Game Text Update).

Edited by Mad Mate, 15 September 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#57 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think that "SKIPPING" in pdf is typo, because BWI.bat installs "BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update" component of BG2 Fixpack.

In bat it reads:

Erhm, what's the eXpert install's .bat command ? Is it the IFE ? Could be wrong... but...

#58 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

In bat it reads:

Erhm, what's the eXpert install's .bat command ? Is it the IFE ? Could be wrong... but...

Expert is "IFX".

#59 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Mad Mate, thanks a lot! A typo then it is :)

#60 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

IFE is if English language is selected at the beginning of the process.