Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2021 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

Ok I updated to 1.3 (only BGEE not BG2) and manual launched EET is now running.

I will just quote the readme:

Required:

The BG2:EE installation (patch v1.3 is required) should be a "clean" installation. Translations and voice-overs are of course allowed but installing other (especially larger) mods that changes DLG and BCS files, before EET, may cause problems with later patching, so it's better to keep the installation as clean as possible.
The BG:EE installation (patch v1.3.2053 is required) should be either "clean" installation or with any combination of mods listed in the F.A.Q section.

It's very possible that you will encounter error during installation as you REALLY need latest versions of both games. Either way BG2:EE previous to patch 1.3 was literally unplayable (game braking bugs), so I would update the game even if the mod will be able to install successfully.

#2022 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:05 AM

Look for an AR3000N.WED in the backup folder of the bgee graphics mod.

If you find one, copy that into the game's override folder
If you didnt find one, delete the AR3000N.WED in your override folder

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2023 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

Ok I updated to 1.3 (only BGEE not BG2) and manual launched EET is now running.

I will just quote the readme:

Required:

The BG2:EE installation (patch v1.3 is required) should be a "clean" installation. Translations and voice-overs are of course allowed but installing other (especially larger) mods that changes DLG and BCS files, before EET, may cause problems with later patching, so it's better to keep the installation as clean as possible.
The BG:EE installation (patch v1.3.2053 is required) should be either "clean" installation or with any combination of mods listed in the F.A.Q section.

It's very possible that you will encounter error during installation as you REALLY need latest versions of both games. Either way BG2:EE previous to patch 1.3 was literally unplayable (game braking bugs), so I would update the game even if the mod will be able to install successfully.

You have me confused now - If I saw correctly, the BWS install for the Trilogy was (attempting) to do this:

1. Install the BG1 mods to BGEE

2. Install EET (inside of BG2EE) reading and re-compiling the BGEE bifs (? What about the mods installed in step1??)

3. Install BG2 mods to BG2EE

Of course step 0 would be clean install of both games.

Or do I miss something?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2024 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:14 AM

The file is neither in the backup folder of the bgee graphics mod, nor in my override folder. I used generalized biffing so is that why maybe? And if so, am I screwed or is there a way to fix it?

#2025 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

0. Clean install of both games.
2. Install EET

(inside of BG2EE) reading and re-compiling the BGEE bifs (? What about the mods installed in step1??)
They(the BG1EE mods) are brought to the BG2EE game with the normal game data, as compatible build in mods... that's why the download is ~500MBs, and not 20MBs like the BGT's one. Among other stuff.

This approach was decided by K4thos on his own, some time ago obviously.
Of course if the BG1EE mods are made to be installed on top of the EET game, the same old approach as the BGT-weidu's will be doable too, after the EET is installed. And I sure hope there's movement to that direction, as the EET should not update itself when ever a BG1EE mod updates a file.
I used generalized biffing so is that why maybe? And if so, am I screwed or is there a way to fix it?
That's why it's not in the override folder. You can uninstall the Generalized Biffing, then remove the file and start the game, load the area, and if it's ok, then later use the generalized biffing again.

Edited by The Imp, 20 December 2015 - 10:34 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2026 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

Nah you'll need to get it from a vanilla bg2ee install... Im sure someone can attach it for you.

Drop it into the override once you get it

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#2027 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

The file is neither in the backup folder of the bgee graphics mod, nor in my override folder. I used generalized biffing so is that why maybe? And if so, am I screwed or is there a way to fix it?

Further regarding this issue: This is the second time I've experienced crashing issues with the BGEEGO mod (but the rest of the mod is still so good!). Both issues were WED-file related. The first time I just quit the game and came back months later when it was fixed. I'd really prefer not to do that again since I'm now as far into the BG1 campaign as I've ever been. If there is an at least semi-simple workaround for when I encounter this specific issue that someone could help explain to me I'd be so grateful. I'd really prefer not to play without the BGEEGO mod because it really does make a big difference. I can locate the .wed files easily with Near Infinity but I don't know what to do from there.

#2028 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

Someone should probablu mark that mod as expert lol

#2029 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

Nah you'll need to get it from a vanilla bg2ee install... Im sure someone can attach it for you.

Drop it into the override once you get it

Do you mean a vanilla bg1ee install?

#2030 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

You have me confused now - If I saw correctly, the BWS install for the Trilogy was (attempting) to do this:
2. Install EET (inside of BG2EE) reading and re-compiling the BGEE bifs (? What about the mods installed in step1??)
Of course step 0 would be clean install of both games.
Or do I miss something?

again, I will quote the readme (included in the package, btw.):

EET took entirely different conversion method than BGT. Instead of coming with pre-made files, all resources are converted "on the fly". This approach allows EET to be compatible with changing EE games content (massive differences in each patch released by Beamdog) with little to no changes in EET code. Every resource or reference to resource that need to be renamed, are identified during installation and updated if necessary. Additional benefit of this type of conversion is compatibility with many BG:EE mods (installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE) without need for modders to adopt code to another platform.

and here is section from the f.a.q:

What's up with BG:EE mod compatibility list?

As a result of the conversion method explained above, EET provides limited support for mods installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE. Theoretically it could support almost any BG:EE mod with little to no work needed (for example adjusting BG1NPC Project to work with this method required just a few lines of code. Many mods don't need anything changed at all). To ensure that BG:EE mods not intervene with BG2:EE portion of the game EET will prevent starting the installation when unrecognised mods are detected. More information about this matter can be found in the EET developer's documentation. For now following BG:EE mods are supported when installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE:

Unhide/Collapse details

The Stone of Askavar and Drizzt Saga should be installed choosing second option during installation which adds BP-BGT Wroldmap support (this way both will be compatible with EET Worldmap and BP-BGT Worldmap).

Above list also shows install order suggested by Big World Project. Compatibility with EET doesn't mean that mods are fully compatible with each other - refer to BWP PDF files, original readme files and forum discussions for compatibility details. For example Garrick : tales of a troubadour readme file states that it conflicts with Garrick's Infatuation and Tenya NPC and it is not recommended to install them together. Same readme file also mentions that the mod requires BG1 NPC Project installed before it.

Mods have been tested with versions mentioned in above list. It's unlikely that newer ones will break something, as the compatibility changes made to them during EET installation are minimal, if made at all. Although let us know if it happens.

---------------

Someone should probablu mark that mod as expert lol

BG Graphics Overhaul mod has been fixed by White Agnus , or at least he was in the middle of fixing many TIS and WED issues introduced by it, when we last talked. Unfortunately he has not been active for a few months now.

edit:

They(the BG1EE mods) are brought to the BG2EE game with the normal game data, as compatible build in mods... that's why the download is ~500MBs, and not 20MBs like the BGT's one. Among other stuff.

yes and no :D The size is a result of BG1 movie files in "HD" resolution. Some tools also weight quite a few MB (for example ffmpeg weights 30MB, so 60MB in total for both Windows and Mac). Overall the current package that supports 3 languages weights 316 MB extracted. Without movies and external tools - less than 30MB. And more than half of that are GUI files. EET doesn't come with pre-made BG:EE files. They are all ported from the game.

Of course if the BG1EE mods are made to be installed on top of the EET game, the same old approach as the BGT-weidu's will be doable too, after the EET is installed. And I sure hope there's movement to that direction, as the EET should not update itself when ever a BG1EE mod updates a file.

EET doesn't need to update itself when BG:EE mods receives new versions. Once it's on a list it's supported, as it's unlikely that suddenly modder will introduce changes that will conflict with BG2:EE resources. Of course I will check larger mods from time to time and fix stuff if someone reports a problem. But up until now there have not been any problems even though BG1UB and BG1 NPC Project received several updates since they were added to compatibility list. The conversion works on all files and converts them on the fly. Doesn't matter if some new files are added or if the names are changed - as long as these changes don't conflict with BG2:EE than the mod will be converted correctly.

Edited by K4thos, 20 December 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#2031 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

@k4thos I don't see BGEEGO mod on the EET compatibility list. So since I'm planning on always having the EET in my installs once it releases, do you think I should just go ahead and let go the BGEEGO mod?

#2032 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

@k4thos I don't see BGEEGO mod on the EET compatibility list. So since I'm planning on always having the EET in my installs once it releases, do you think I should just go ahead and let go the BGEEGO mod?

One post before I've mentioned White Agnus fixed version of this mod. That is why I didn't add it to compatibility list - White Agnus is part of the EET team (see the readme), so of course his work already added native EET support for it too. We just need to wait for his return (and see if Yovaneth will be interested in including the fixes and added native EET support)

#2033 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

blarg
Ninja's ...
EET doesn't need to update itself when BG:EE mods receives new versions. Once it's on a list it's supported, as it's unlikely that suddenly modder will introduce changes that will conflict with BG2:EE resources. Of course I will check larger mods from time to time and fix stuff if someone reports a problem. But up until now there have not been any problems even though BG1UB and BG1 NPC Project received several updates since they were added to compatibility list.
Well, it's still better to create EET native BG1EE mod than have it's data exported to the other game... as there are several types that ought to be done this way. Especially if there's already a BGT-weidu & Tutu conversion of the mod.
Mostly mods that are not in the supported yet mods list.

Edited by The Imp, 20 December 2015 - 11:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2034 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

One post before I've mentioned White Agnus fixed version of this mod.

Sorry. I was confused because I didn't know what you meant. I just downloaded BGEEGO for my BWS install a few days ago so I assumed I was using the latest version. I didn't know whether you meant the version that I'm using "should" already be fixed, or if you meant that it will be updated/fixed when EET launches. I'm very easily confused. My apologies to all affected by my many bewilderments lol.

#2035 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:59 AM

Ser Elryk, there are multiple conversations happening here. You are not using EET now. For your problem:

- you can probably find the AR3000N.wed that is being used by your game in one of the backup folders of generalized biffing
- that version is the same as the biffed version, so it is probably bad
- you need a good version of that file -- look in other backup folders in your installation (from mods installed earlier) - a general search for AR3000N.wed in your game folder should find the other copies
- probably the backup folder(s) of BGEEGO will have a good copy
- put a good copy in your override
- you do NOT need to uninstall generalized biffing

Edited by agb1, 20 December 2015 - 12:00 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2036 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

Ser Elryk, there are multiple conversations happening here. You are not using EET now. For your problem:

- you can probably find the AR3000N.wed that is being used by your game in one of the backup folders of generalized biffing
- that version is the same as the biffed version, so it is probably bad
- you need a good version of that file -- look in other backup folders in your installation (from mods installed earlier) - a general search for AR3000N.wed in your game folder should find the other copies
- probably the backup folder(s) of BGEEGO will have a good copy
- put a good copy in your override
- you do NOT need to uninstall generalized biffing

I couldn't find an AR3000N.wed anywhere in the directory using search. I just did a re-install without BGEEGO (since every time I've had a crash it's been related to that mod) and started a new game. I was planning on starting a brand new game once EET and SoD launch anyway. So hopefully everything will be ironed out by then. I'm just going to consider this playthrough a "beta run" to determine what mods/components I like or dislike for BG1. Sorry for clogging up the thread everybody.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 20 December 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#2037 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

So I finally manage to use (hacked) BWS for EET Installation

based on

BGEE v1.3 2053

BG2EE v1.3 2064

I think this is the right place to report issues related to BWS

Missing downloads

Spoiler

Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu

Spoiler

TeamBG Weapon Pack for BG2

This is selected in BWS per default but all individual components are skipped by the installation, requiring you to constantly confirm by manual input. ©ontinue

EET itself

Spoiler

Removed CHR block from TP2 and continued

BGEEGraphics is selected in BWS per default but not compatible with EET

General

The pre-selection of mods for EET is not yet done, I guess, at the moment selecting *standard extended* (???what is the name) uses BGIIEE selection and you get loads of (erroneous?) errors that a mod is skipped

Edited by Roxanne, 20 December 2015 - 11:09 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#2038 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

So I finally manage to use (hacked) BWS for EET Installation ...

Where to report EET related issues?

Just make a new thread and then a go ahead in Mega Mod Help forum.

Add in the weidu.log and report anything you find out of place.

#2039 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

I've sent a message to G3 admin yesterday, so maybe the mod will have a home soon, but for now PM on SHS is the best place to report things related to EET beta. Before you start playing keep in mind that the current BG:EE patch has quite a lot of known issues that hopefully will be fixed by Beamdog in the next patch, so they should not be reported to me. Also no need to report this issue with BG1 interior areas ported by EET, as this is an engine bug that will be also fixed by a patch.

Similar list exists for BG2:EE patch 1.3, but you can be pretty sure that any oddities you will find during SoA and ToB are not related to EET, as we barly made any changes to the content.

The worst offending bug that exists in BG2:EE engine is in my opinion is this one. You will experience it a lot during your journey (in BG1 too), so hopefully it won't make you hate the engine. It will be fixed in the next BG2:EE patch (1.4).

Also consider signing up application for a Siege of Dragonspear beta. While the current EET has been tested quite extensively we will need a help from people with access to SoD to test not public version of EET (with the new journal system, travelling options and SoD content). Let me know if you're interested in tesing IWD-in-EET too.

Edited by K4thos, 20 December 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#2040 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

I've sent a message to G3 admin yesterday, so maybe the mod will have a home soon, but for now PM on SHS is the best place to report things related to EET beta. Before you start playing keep in mind that the current BG:EE patch has quite a lot of known issues that hopefully will be fixed by Beamdog in the next patch, so they should not be reported to me. Also no need to report this issue with BG1 interior areas ported by EET, as this is an engine bug that will be also fixed by a patch.

Similar list exists for BG2:EE patch 1.3, but you can be pretty sure that any oddities you will find during SoA and ToB are not related to EET, as we barly made any changes to the content.

The worst offending bug that exists in BG2:EE engine is in my opinion is this one. You will experience it a lot during your journey, so hopefully it won't make you hate the engine. It will be fixed in the next BG2:EE patch (1.4).

No worry - I have NO INTENTION TO PLAY EE at all. I just need to get an assessment whether my BGT based continuous mod would ever be candidate for an EET based game (provided that some essential mods ever make it into the EE world.)

To PLAY the game in all its glory, of course I will use BGT.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 December 2015 - 01:10 PM.

The Sandrah Saga