Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2321 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

* BG2EE:  Added Weimer's Solaufein NPC

Why is Solaufein under Character-Kits, though?

I copied the line from BGT and the category numbers are different for BG2EE.  Thanks for noticing that.

* BG2EE:  Moved Weimer's Solaufein to NPCs category

no prob =)

#2322 Yllib

Yllib
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:40 PM

Hi agb1, thanks for the quick response!

Did you already run a --change-log on these files to check if any other mods could be responsible for the level change?

No change log as I'm still fairly new to this and don't know how... But I did check the IMOEN*.CRE files in the backup folders in IE and looking at the install order, it was definitely ToB NPCs that screwed her level up. No idea why she got missed in the max HP one though...

The problematic file is amtgen01.cre, which seems to be from ding0's questpack (Improved Oasis II, combat variant).  I will mark that component Expert for EE until we figure out why that file (possibly its proficiencies as you noted) is causing problems for Item Randomiser.

That's good to know. I had thought it may be SCS related, as it changes the proficiencies of a number of the warriors in game. Do we know if it installs fine on a non-SCS install, that includes IO2?

Sounds fine.  Did you have any problems with the installation?

Installed without a hitch, as far as I'm aware. However there are a number of identified issues with the mod stemming from changes made to the EE engine. Demi is aware of these and will work on fixing them, when he has the time to. The biggest one is that at lvl5, true class fighters get 1* in all weapons, which overrides any points you have already put in (a fresh BG2 fighter that put GM in a weapon at creation will wind up merely proficient in that weapon after the opening scene, along with every other weapon). Easily fixable with EEKeeper, but not intended (supposed to add 1* to all weapons that don't already have any, which it does in non-EE). Also rangers are supposed to get d8 HP, but seeing as EE has added separate HP tables for each kit, only pure ranger has d8, all the rest have d10. Probably much easier to fix in the .tpa but again, not intended. So probably not ready to join the installer yet, at least not without "expert" label and warnings etc.

Lolfixer is Expert because it hasn't been tested with EE and Lollorian wasn't sure if it would work correctly.  Thanks to your report we now have more specific knowledge so it is much appreciated.

Figured that was the case. That issue alone is pretty insignificant, but who knows what else may go wrong. Glad to help!

Spoiler

BP #1170 - Treant Encounter

Spoiler
Installing [Treant Encounter] [v181-b4611 BWP Fix]
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 script ...

[bp/baf/re-baf/treant/bpdru14t.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 42 column 1-54
Near Text: )
[ForceSpell] argument [CLERIC_ANIMATE_TREE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[bp/baf/re-baf/treant/bpdru14t.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 43 column 1-36
[RemoveSpell] argument [CLERIC_ANIMATE_TREE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[bp/baf/re-baf/treant/bpdru14t.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 769 column 1-32
[HaveSpell] argument [CLERIC_ANIMATE_TREE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[bp/baf/re-baf/treant/bpdru14t.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 780 column 1-49
[Spell] argument [CLERIC_ANIMATE_TREE] not found in [Spell.IDS]
Compiling 1 script ...

Ah yes I remember seeing the Treant error but then completely forgot about it! Will probably just uninstall that one for now. As for the portraits; they seem to have worked fine (I have a much larger selection). Not exactly a game breaking issue anyway.

#2323 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

Seems we'll have to check the BG2 Tweaks code for the Imoen level and max HP problems.

Good question -- I do not know if the Item Randomiser/amtgen01.cre error happens without SCS.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2324 Yllib

Yllib
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

Just been having a look through some of the BG2 Tweaks code and there's this line:

PATCH_IF (NOT ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~riftcr04~) BEGIN // skip creatures meant to have lower hp

And I assume it does similar for creatures with very high HP since it doesn't touch dragons etc.

Possibly Imoen has this flag for plot elements? She starts with 57 including CON bonus, just low enough for the Power Word spells.

That's about as much as I can decipher!

#2325 Yllib

Yllib
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

Just noticed something with Item Revisions. The Armour component only has two options with the latest beta; with (1040) or without (1042) movement speed penalties. Any other option will cause it to skip the component entirely.

#2326 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:34 AM

Vlad has updated Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.73

http://forums.blackw...t=0

#2327 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

Thanks Lisandro.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2328 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

* BG2EE:  ding0's questpack #11 (Improved Oasis II - Combat Path) moved to Expert due to amtgen01.cre causing Item Randomiser install to fail
Will fix. Please report stuff like this.

Edited by Wisp, 11 January 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#2329 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:31 AM

* BWS:  Select-Helper.au3 - In the selection tree-view, the "setup-name" (a.k.a. the MODNAME portion of Config\Global\MODNAME.ini, which is also how the mod is identified in the conflicts and dependencies notes under the mod description) will now be displayed on the same line as the version info (over the description) for the mod last clicked/highlighted in the tree-view above

* BWS:  Select-Helper.au3 - For mods without revision/version text ('Rev=') in the MODNAME.ini, BWS will display (size MB, lang) instead of (, size MB, lang) on that line

* BWS:  Select-Tree.au3 - Multiple-choice MUC components without a MUC Init line above for the same mod will now display a warning message-box instead of crashing BWS
* BWS:  Select-Tree.au3 - A line in Select.txt not starting with ANN/CMD/GRP with less than six semicolons will now display a warning message-box instead of crashing BWS
These two only occur if we made a mistake updating Select.txt, so users will only see these if we made a mistake AND didn't test our changes

* BGT:  Animal Companions - Custom companion name now accepts letters only (unicode supported) if you right-click the component and choose Edit
* BG1EE/BG2EE:  Lighting Pack: Shader Scripts - All components are now a multiple-choice menu (choose only one) with a submenu where you can edit the values (right-click each one)
* BG1EE/BG2EE:  Item Revisions - Selectable components list corrected for v4 (several components from v3 were removed -- thanks Yllib for report!)
* BG1EE/BG2EE:  Divine Remix #1000 (sphere system) component install order changed - moved down to just before Faiths & Powers (after all other divine kit mods, in particular)

* Corrected readme link for Ggib Eht Tweak Pack

* Changed Save filename for GitHub Latest Release mods to MODNAME-latest.zip:  BWS will rename new zip files after download to the specified Save filename, which means BWS will replace older versions of the mod in the download folder with the latest, instead of accumulating new zip files for each commit version

* Switched download link to GitHub Latest Release redirect URL (http://lynxlynx.info...THOR/REPOSITORY) for following mods (MODNAMEs):
1. Ascalon's Questpack (AC_QUEST)
2. BG1 Unfinished Business (BG1UB)
3. Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs (A7NoEENPCs)
4. Improved Archer Kit (A7#ImprovedArcher)
5. Keeping Yoshimo (7C-Yoshi)
6. Lighting Pack: Shader Scripts (lightingpack)
7. Recolored Toolbar Buttons (recoloredbuttons)
8. Widescreen Mod (widescreen)

#2330 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

* BG2EE:  ding0's questpack #11 (Improved Oasis II - Combat Path) moved to Expert due to amtgen01.cre causing Item Randomiser install to fail

There is some uncertainty with this diagnosis -- we haven't tested just d0questpack + Item Randomiser without other mods.  It might be another mod is patching the file and that is what is causing the problem.  Appreciate you taking a look -- I figured we would try to narrow it down further before opening a report.  If the original file is broken in some way, I would like to fix it in questpack in case it affects other mods too.

Edited by agb1, 11 January 2016 - 10:43 AM.

#2331 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

There is some uncertainty with this diagnosis -- we haven't tested just d0questpack + Item Randomiser without other mods.  It might be another mod is patching the file and that is what is causing the problem.  Appreciate you taking a look -- I figured we would try to narrow it down further before opening a report.  If the original file is broken in some way, I would like to fix it in questpack in case it affects other mods too.

Good call. It was me jumping the gun. The problem is caused by BP, which gives AMTGEN01 the item DAGG25 without adding DAGG25 to the game. Item Randomiser chokes on the missing file (the relevant code is a huge mess). For whoever is looking into BP (if anyone), DAGG25 is added by the function process_stores, which evidently does not get called on all code paths where DAGG25 is used.

#2332 -erryr-

-erryr-

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

Hey, I just tried running the Setup (downloaded today from the Bitbucket) and every time I click on a mod's name in the customization menu (when trying to choose what mods I'd like to install), I get an AutoIt Error and it crashes. Am I doing something wrong? 

Spoiler

This is what I get when I run the Setup-DebugMode file.

Spoiler

#2333 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Sorry, typo.  Fixed now.

#2334 -erryr-

-erryr-

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

Thank you very much! Everything works perfectly now.

#2335 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

Good call. It was me jumping the gun. The problem is caused by BP, which gives AMTGEN01 the item DAGG25 without adding DAGG25 to the game. Item Randomiser chokes on the missing file (the relevant code is a huge mess). For whoever is looking into BP (if anyone), DAGG25 is added by the function process_stores, which evidently does not get called on all code paths where DAGG25 is used.
The BP item is missing, but that's not what is causing the issue, after all. I'll fix this in Item Randomiser. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

#2336 -liz-

-liz-

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

Hello. I have seen some strange conflict reports from BWS now that I have used it for the first time in some time. Maybe they are typos? First, why is lost items component xan is Sorcerer incompatible with same name in xan bg2 mod? Earlier it was not and I distinctly remember the bg2 mod only changing bg2 xan and lost items changing the bg1 xan, hence going well together. Has this changed? Actually I can't remember the others in detail (will post about it later) but something seemed really off with paintbg conflicts and the mods which reduce xp for pickpocket and etc.

#2337 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

* BWS:  Select-Helper.au3 - Restore 'v' prefix for mod versions (Rev= in MODNAME.ini) that begin with a number
* BWS:  Select-Helper.au3 - Hide size (## MB) information for mods with Size=0 in MODNAME.ini (such mods will be downloaded again every time a new BWS installation starts)

* Planar Sphere Mod type and pre-selection changed to Tactical, mod description updated (added Ineth's review)

* Added Baldurdash v1.73 mod and added conflict and dependency rules for new components ("additional fixes for v1.73" component has not yet been analyzed for conflicts)
* BGT:  Added Baldurdash v1.73 to selection -- item restoration components will be installed after item revisions, all others after BG2 Fixpack

#2338 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

Hello. I have seen some strange conflict reports from BWS now that I have used it for the first time in some time. Maybe they are typos? First, why is lost items component xan is Sorcerer incompatible with same name in xan bg2 mod? Earlier it was not and I distinctly remember the bg2 mod only changing bg2 xan and lost items changing the bg1 xan, hence going well together. Has this changed? Actually I can't remember the others in detail (will post about it later) but something seemed really off with paintbg conflicts and the mods which reduce xp for pickpocket and etc.

Thanks for reporting this.

* Rule correction:  Xan BG2 NPC kits and Lost Items #1 (Xan is sorcerer in BG1) do not conflict

#2339 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:21 PM

* Changed Save filename for additional GitHub Latest Release mods to MODNAME-latest.zip:  BWS will rename new zip files after download to the specified Save filename, which means BWS will replace older versions of the mod in the download folder with the latest, instead of accumulating new zip files for each commit version

Additional mods affected by this change:
1. BG1NPC
2. EE APR Fix
3. Coran's BG Extended Friendship Talks
4. Djinni Companion
5. EET Tweaks
6-7. Item and Spell Revisions (GitHub Latest Release still points to v3 of these mods as the redirect URL ignores pre-releases)
8-9. Might and Guile and Scales of Balance
10. Thalantyr Item Upgrade

#2340 Yllib

Yllib
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

Something else I noticed, though not sure how easy it would be to modify; if you go to restore a backup, but you had used generalised biffing in your install, the new biffs created by that mod remain in your data folder. I'm assuming this is because it is a simple "delete all except..." type code and the data folder was left out to reduce backup size. Easy enough to delete the biffs at any time, or to uninstall the mod before restoring a backup, but thought it worth mentioning.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edit: This is for EE, though I imagine it's similar for standard ToB.

Edit 2: I stand corrected; my latest backup restore removed the new biff files. Ignore this post!

Edited by Yllib, 11 January 2016 - 05:49 PM.