Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3041 coralzombie

coralzombie
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

Assuming that is the only issue...

Add

APPEND ~spell.ids~ ~2302 WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC~ UNLESS ~WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC~
APPEND ~stats.ids~ ~134 STATE_DISEASED_FIX~ UNLESS ~STATE_DISEASED_FIX~

somewhere in the BP.TP2

or manually add

2302 WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC
to the SPELL.IDS

and

134 STATE_DISEASED_FIX
to the STATS.IDS files in the override

... before installing the BP components

Thank you for the help. I appreciate you.

i remember those good old days when we all sat in my basement smoking cigars drinking koolaid and playing ad&d with our stubby pencils.
rest in peace E.D

#3042 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

Was downloading the new bws and started a new install. Was wondering a few things:

in my download folder that I used already time ago there is BiG World Installpack v15.7 that was downloaded 13/06/2016

Right Now (25/07/2016 23:03) it downloaded BiG World Installpack v15.6.2 . Is 15.6 the most up to date version? O_o? According to the version it doesn't seem to be...

Edit 2: can you add the following mods to bWS?

One is a potion mod (to let friendly arm inn have more potions)

https://forums.beamd...ler-in-bg-ee/p1

published By calonord. Check his last post on the first page.

Then this one;

and this one (it needs only one file to be copied to override, no weidu install):

http://www.shsforums...uick-save-slot/

and this recent mod by Argent77;

http://www.shsforums...r-spellcasters/ ONLY FOR BG2 EE and BG:SOD

and this mod by Ravenslight:

https://forums.beamd...-gate-ee#latest

and this npc mod by Lava:

https://forums.beamd...-and-sod#latest

Edited by Sergio, 25 July 2016 - 02:54 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#3043 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:00 AM

On the BWS before the last commit I had problems installing mods with kits(BGee Tactics install) but dl'ing this file 25STWEAP.2DA and dropping it into my over-ride folder did the trick. I did read that one of the latest patches fixed this but failed on my install. Is this a file that's common inside a BG2 install?

#3044 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

@Hack'N'Slash that was an issue on Beamdog's side... it means you are using EE v2.0 or 2.1. Beamdog kindly and promptly fixed the problem, so if you update to 2.3 it should go away.

#3045 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

cheers. it didn't for me(2.3) but google and my error found a fix.

my inventory screen plus dialog box is a bit wonky. Stuff I can live with though.

#3046 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

cheers. it didn't for me(2.3) but google and my error found a fix.

my inventory screen plus dialog box is a bit wonky. Stuff I can live with though.
A complete reinstall(with the latest patch) might be the best solution for all your problems. As in, uninstall the game, remove the mod folders from the game, reinstall the game and reinstall the mods. And yeah, you need to restart the game from the start...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3047 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

Candidate release of EET released. http://gibberlings3....showtopic=28161 . :Tasty:

#3048 eXistenZe

eXistenZe
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:38 AM

RC2 will be released soon.

A BWS with all the correct install order for eet install and the automatic fixes for the mods that need them would be godly.

#3049 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

Looking forward to making an EET install with BWS  :Tasty:  :Tasty:  :Tasty:  :Tasty:  :Tasty:

Edited by Blash2, 29 July 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#3050 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:22 AM

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla

This is not a selectable component in the current version of BWS - it, like the Sensible Entrance Points component previously, is simply missing.

(e): It seems like...

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10 BWP Fix

...is missing, as well?

(e): For Item Revisions, it seems like BWS does not install "Revised Shields Bonuses", even if you have it selected. I definitely have it selected in my latest selection, but it does not appear in my weidu log, nor did I ever receive an error about it when installing.

(e): It also didn't install anything from Level 1 NPCs, even though it extracted the install files to my BG2 directory...not sure what happened with this install.

(e): O.K., I redid the install...Level 1 NPCs mostly installed correctly this time...specifically, the Tweak Proficiencies component did not install properly, and more specifically, though I selected "Allow thieves, mages and bards to place one star in any weapon type", BWS did not actually make it do so. When fixing it manually, I also noticed that BWS is missing a bunch of subcomponents for this component - deliberate, or..? I can't comment on the Item Revisions component because I changed its component designation in the item_rev.tpa and in select.txt, and it installed correctly this time...someone might want to check that out to make sure it's working and it wasn't just a fluke in my install. Another missing component from BWS is Level 1 NPC's "Change Anomen's knighthood reward/penalty" component - again, simply not there in BWS.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 30 July 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#3051 eXistenZe

eXistenZe
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:09 AM

So... cof cof eta cof cof...

#3052 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:10 AM

Hey guys/gals, long time no see, I have a really good install from about 4 months ago and it works really well, so well that I skipped the new update to not ruin it, should I go for he new update to BG 2: EE and do a fresh BWS install or should I just stay on m old modded game that runs really well?

Also,can anyone tell me what's new in BWS, if anyone is willing, of course.

#3053 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hey guys/gals... should I go for the new update to BG 2: EE and do a fresh BWS install or should I just stay on m old modded game that runs really well?
My advice is always, even though you know the process now, you might want to make a backup of the game you currently have, and that's easy to do, just make an .zip/.7z/.rar archive from it and that's all you'll really need. Yes, it goes without saying that that's going to take almost equivalent space amount to back it up, but it's there to avoid complete ruin in case something goes off the shitstorm.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3054 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:17 PM

I have no idea if already implemented so as a reminder:

Deratiseur released his DUKP v13 supporting both french and english.

Derats Unused Kits Pack v13 Bilanguage can be downloaded from first post.

#3055 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

Hey guys/gals... should I go for the new update to BG 2: EE and do a fresh BWS install or should I just stay on m old modded game that runs really well?
My advice is always, even though you know the process now, you might want to make a backup of the game you currently have, and that's easy to do, just make an .zip/.7z/.rar archive from it and that's all you'll really need. Yes, it goes without saying that that's going to take almost equivalent space amount to back it up, but it's there to avoid complete ruin in case something goes off the shitstorm.

Thanks, I was thinking of backing it up as well, because this is my first flawless setup from a ton (and I literally mean a ton) of failed setups and multiple errors, I'll try the new BWS with the new update!

#3056 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:08 PM

I know BWS isn't ready for an EET install but if I change the misc-gui file and select view my mods in install order only should I be good to go manually?

I should mention I am following the Mod Compatibility list/instalation from here http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27741

Edited by Hack'N'Slash, 03 August 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#3057 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:59 AM

Could be good that you don't have the time while some bugs are ironed out in the process. 

Should I run the fixpack in BGee before installing the mods? Well running EET on a clean BG2 install. Had an error 1st time round, I did run the fixpack on BGee.

#3058 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

Stratagem's "Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills" component seems to be another component totally missing from being able to be selected in BWS. Its functionality is similar to the Level 1 NPCs mod, but somewhat different in approach, and I think something that should be selectable as an alternative.

Same with Stratagem's "Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB BG2, BGT)" component.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 04 August 2016 - 03:15 PM.

#3059 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

S... Its functionality is similar to the Level 1 NPCs mod, but somewhat different in approach, and I think something that should be selectable as an alternative.

Yeah... just make D-sure that the two are not select-able at the same time. It was horrible... while I had both, :P

#3060 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

Yes, even if BG2EE/EET install order has not been reviewed since long time, it's still the best which you can get. For now, BWS is not ready for EET due to one important issue. I haven't any time to take look and try to fix it but when I will finally accomplish successful install, you can expect new BWS EET-aware release.

sorry, what's this issue you are talking about?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.