Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3021 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

I originally tried to use the old BGGO, but when trying to exit out of the advanced customization screen, it listed an incompatibility and instead told me to use the newer one. I may have screwed something up, though. Also, similar to Generalized Biffing, BWS has a selection glitch with the old BG(T)GO where it tries to select two contradictory sub-options of a component - namely, it tries to select "Remove the purple patches..." as well as the "Don't remove the purple patches...", plus the "Include the expanded Iron Throne rooftop area..." and the "Don't include the expanded Iron Throne rooftop area", and you can't fix it within the BWS interface.

I've changed the priority so the old BGGO is preferred for BGT and BGGO-EET is marked expert (it wasn't before). I've also fixed the Generalized Biffing selection UI problem. The selection UI problem with BG(T) is still unresolved, but won't be seen for now because the old mod is no longer categorized as expert.

Edited by agb1, 17 July 2016 - 06:49 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3022 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Tweaks Anthology (pre-release)
Component: Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names

Reported on Gibberlings3 forum.
Component: Delay High Level Abilities

This component was skipped because it is not intended for BGEE. I've removed it from the selection tree.
Mod: Might and Guile
Component: Add the Scout (thief kit) and revise the Swashbuckler

This component (420) is included in M&G component 200 (Rogue Feats) so it was skipped automatically. I've added a rule to BWS to prevent selecting both 200 and 420 at the same time.
Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
Component: Replace many +1 magical weapons with Fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis

This component was skipped because Item Revisions #0 was already installed and includes a similar tweak. I've added a rule to BWS to prevent selecting both.
Mod: Item Randomiser
Component: Randomise items -> Mode 2: Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost
Component: Slimes have no items equipped

There was an error processing the file tellan.cre. Can you attach the tellan.cre file from BGEE\generalized_biffing\prod\ ? You might need to put the file in a zip so the forum will let you attach it.
Also, the fonts wont align on some places, like on Options and Inventory. I provide some pics to illustrate./quote]

Sorry, I don't know what causes this. Maybe someone else on the forum can help.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3023 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

Mod: Item Randomiser
Component: Randomise items -> Mode 2: Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost
Component: Slimes have no items equipped

There was an error processing the file tellan.cre. Can you attach the tellan.cre file from BGEE\generalized_biffing\prod\ ? You might need to put the file in a zip so the forum will let you attach it.

Uploading the file you requested. Attached File  TELLAN.rar   640bytes   157 downloads  . It was on \BG EE Tactical 16072016\generalized_biffing\prod\0\biffs\25 . Pls, let me know if I can help with anything else . Gonna try another tactical instalation. If someone has any idea on the problems of the fonts not alligning, plz post here. Many thanks.

Edited by Leokosta, 17 July 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#3024 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

http://imgur.com/AaXMHCh

Hi, I found the cause for the issue on the pic. Its the mod BG1EE GUI Switch [EN] , on the Graphics, Portrait and Sound Mods Tab. Made two minimal inatalations with and without the mod clicked, and the error on the pic appears on the instalation with the mod selected. Hope it helps. Thx

Edited by Leokosta, 17 July 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#3025 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:01 AM

BGEE newest with SoD after modmerge, lastest BWS. As you can see on the screenshot my worldmap is kinda fucked up. the positions of areas are moved to the left. It happened 3 times in a row so there must be conflict somewhere. Halp!

Attached Images

• bgee1.jpg

Attached Files

#3026 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:45 AM

Is there even a reason to install the worldmap mod with the above mods --- and I would expect something like you got from not installing the Worldmap mod as the last user interface modifying mod:

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.1
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: v2.13
The text of the UI component mentions thies things:
Spoiler

Edited by The Imp, 19 July 2016 - 01:50 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3027 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:10 AM

I have no clue Imp, worldmap was selected as default so I didnt uncheck it. Even after I uninstalling dragonspear UI the worldmap stays the same. Gonna do another reinstall with worldmap unchecked.

OK uninstalling worldmap fixed the problem, thanks Imp ;)

Edited by Lithesis, 19 July 2016 - 02:12 AM.

#3028 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:09 AM

Erhm, remember that you need to start a new game for any of this to be effective... so no loading of saves. I still expect this to be a compatibility mix up between the two (or more) mods.
As one just needs to search the game to confirm that the other exists, be installed after and make a fixed setup, aka the SoD UI mod would need to know the background images size and adjust the map icon locations to that... ouh, if things were simple, the slime would all over...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3029 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:34 AM

Erhm, remember that you need to start a new game for any of this to be effective... so no loading of saves. I still expect this to be a compatibility mix up between the two (or more) mods.
As one just needs to search the game to confirm that the other exists, be installed after and make a fixed setup, aka the SoD UI mod would need to know the background images size and adjust the map icon locations to that... ouh, if things were simple, the slime would all over...

I have this bug if I try to load an old savegame, and it even crashes the game. If I start a new game, World map works. Tested on Tactical and Minimal instalation.

#3030 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

I have this bug if I try to load an old savegame, and it even crashes the game. If I start a new game, World map works.
Which just implies, though I never do, that the old save games are just incompatible with the worldmap upgrade. So just like with the dialog mods, that need a restart of the game if you wish to see the new content, a new game is must.

Edited by The Imp, 19 July 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#3031 -bla-

-bla-

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Bugfix for line 1191 error would be editing line 1176:

If StringRegExp($Array[$a], '(?i)\A\s{0,}BEGIN') Then Return 1

Klatou decided to add tapstops in fron of his code, so Begin is not at the beginning of the line, which causes a loop not to stop. Adding the \s-thing will enable space-type characters before the begin keyword.

You could also edit line 1187:

If $Array[0] <= $a Then

StringSplit returns an array with the number of items in element 0. So instead of calling Ubound every loop, you could use that static. Or you need to decrease the ubound number by one, otherwise BWS will still crash doing the testing (off by one).

#3032 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

Tweaks Anthology/cdtweaks (successor to BG2 Tweak Pack) is missing "Sensible Entrance Points" for a BGT setup. It's simply not there in BWS - it is shown for BG2 Tweak Pack, however. The component is 3220 for Tweaks Anthology.

(e): Fixed it in my own select.txt for the time being, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 19 July 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#3033 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:51 AM

Added Tweaks Anthology 3220 (Sensible Entrance Points) to selection for BGT (thanks Bartimaeus!); handle leading spaces in Install_SetPrompt (thanks -bla-!)

#3034 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

@agb1

How can I exclude characters folder in BWS backup and restore function?

Also why it shows conflict between tweaks anthology and bg2tweaks without any component selected from bg2tweaks? Newest BWS btw

Attached Images

• bwconflict.jpg

Edited by Lithesis, 21 July 2016 - 09:00 AM.

#3035 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

I don't think backup/restore has any configurability. Why do you want it to ignore the characters directory?

The conflict indicates that you have at least one component selected from both mods. Export your selection to an ini file if that isn't the case.

Tweaks Anthology includes all of BG2 Tweak Pack (with newer code for some). Rather than making conflict rules for each component, we require you to pick one mod or the other.

#3036 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

Because when I restore backup my exported characters go to hell D:

I know that tweaks anthology include bg2tweaks. Problem is I didnt check any component in bg2tweaks, only in tweaks anthology.

#3037 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

Because when I restore backup my exported characters go to hell D:
Yeah... but if there's anything custom about it that relates them to an install, it's very like to make the character unusable anyways. Spells, items, kit to name a few... You can always copy the character folder from the game to a non backup folder ... to store them. A little like the BG2 installs have a few saved chars ..

#3038 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:01 AM

Hi. Made another Tactical instalation with the version: BigWorldSetup-bigworldsetup-a5902dd18b61 . Anexing Big World Debug and BWS.ini selection, on the same rar file, just to give some feedback. Thanks.

Attached Files

#3039 coralzombie

coralzombie
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:52 PM

Hola,

I am doing the default BWS "Tactical" selection (any quality, include most difficult content) install.  I notice that almost every BP item is not included in this as they are colored red with the following description:

This mod is temporarily marked Expert because of installation errors due to missing WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC and STATE_DISEASED_FIX in Stats.IDS.

Is there a fix action I can do to proceed with adding the BP component and its relative tactics changes without breaking the install?

Thank you.

i remember those good old days when we all sat in my basement smoking cigars drinking koolaid and playing ad&d with our stubby pencils.
rest in peace E.D

#3040 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

Assuming that is the only issue...

Add

APPEND ~spell.ids~ ~2302 WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC~ UNLESS ~WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC~
APPEND ~stats.ids~ ~134 STATE_DISEASED_FIX~ UNLESS ~STATE_DISEASED_FIX~

somewhere in the BP.TP2

or manually add

2302 WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC
to the SPELL.IDS

and

134 STATE_DISEASED_FIX
to the STATS.IDS files in the override

... before installing the BP components

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod