Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3341 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

Sure, I can attach the mod selection; I saved two versions, one from before I removed conflicts and one after. It asks me to remove PnP Celestials and something else, I forget what exactly, that doesn't play nice with Spell Revisions. Generally I click on Spell Revisions and say remove conflicts with mod, since I'm assuming that disables the components that don't like it.

Initial: https://www.dropbox....ame_01.ini?dl=0

Conflicts Removed: https://www.dropbox....t-free.ini?dl=0

I did a fresh install of both Baldur's Gate and BWS prior to running the setup. In my first attempt to do the setup the other day, the one where I kept having to hit Y through it, Microsoft Security Essentials got worked up during the silent part and I constantly had to select yes or hit enter when bats ran through it. That hasn't happened on future attempts though.

Now that I'm awake again, I can run through it again and see if the error is replicated. If it is, I can type it up. I didn't think to the first time because I'd expected it to be just a warning that it was going to be doing something akin to the silent installation part again, so I'm sorry about that.

Edited by Samael, 05 December 2016 - 03:58 PM.

#3342 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

Lots happening today here! Mixed it up a bit and ran a bg2ee tactical preset install to see how it would go (commit f0c8141). Obviously not super important, just a quick test.

Issues along the way:

Spoiler

Attached Files

#3343 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

The Might & Guile stuff has been fixed, it's now at 3.0.1.

As for NPC_EE, I don't understand how that error is possible. The code looks like this:

ACTION_FOR_EACH char IN ~%tutu_var%branwe~ ~%tutu_var%branwe5~ ~o#bran~ ~o#bran25~ BEGIN
  ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%char%.cre~ BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~%char%.cre~ ~override~

If it doesn't detect branwe5.cre in your game, it shouldn't try to copy it; if it does detect the file, it shouldn't *fail* to copy it.  ?????

EDIT - found the error, and fixed it!

https://github.com/s...eases/tag/2.6.2

BWS should pick this up automatically.

Edited by subtledoctor, 05 December 2016 - 07:10 PM.

#3344 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

So far there has been no sign of the previous error, though I don't seem to be out of the woods and its forced me into a corner again.

Spoiler

During this stage, I have to hit Y owing to this:

Spoiler

I then have to do this repeatedly for mods (Bonehill, CtB and it keeps going on). After a while this stops and it goes back to normal.

But now I'm left with this, after 4 hours of installation.

Spoiler

I'm somewhat lost at this point as every time I try again, I encounter new and completely different errors. I'm forging on with the setup for the time being to see if anything comes of it, though I'm expecting the setup may fail or when I run it, it will crash.

I don't suppose there's a list that compares what is in Recommended vs. what is in Maximized? If there is, I could bump it down to Recommended and then pick up what I actually may want from the Maximized list, since I'm sure that'll cut down dramatically on the unnecessary class kits and allow me to focus on installing the quest mods and what not.

#3345 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

The color coding of the component icons corresponds to the Recommended (green), Standard (blue), Tactical (yellow) and Expert (red) pre-selections.

You're playing unwilling test subject, Samael, as I haven't done a maximized install with BGT since I revised the Fixpack to do extra validation checks for all of its patches.

That's why you're getting those prompts at the beginning - several of the patches are out of date and need updates, and you're the first person trying those mods in an install since I updated the script, so you're bumping into them.

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having as a result - but rest assured, in a day or two we'll have these kinks ironed out and it should be smooth sailing for quite a while after that.

As for that last prompt, which mod is asking that question? It's fine to proceed there - you're going to install IA later. It's probably one of the patches that got skipped earlier that normally suppresses that prompt.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3346 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

Removed outdated Yasraena patches; corrected patches for AvengerKit, AzenMOD, CtB, RevisedBattles, TDD, Planar Sphere Mod.

Still a few things left to fix from zonx's report, but progress. Samael, you ran into some of these too, I believe.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3347 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

Well, the mod that said I'd have to start over or install later appears to be Infinity Animations (specifically the core mod). It also having issues with Might & Guile just now as follows:

Spoiler

Retrying doesn't advance it. So I continue and then get:

Spoiler

It repeated this for several Might and Guile things but eventually continued - it did prompt one that didn't say Retry on it (just continue and exit) but I kind of went through it too fast there that time.

All told, after its gone for its final lap of this, I think I'll probably drop it down to Recommended and start going through the Recommended list to see if I'm missing anything significant. Does Recommended drop all the various mods like CtB, Darkest Day, Secret of Bone Hill and the various other standards? If so, when I select them, will it tell me if its lacking anything they need (akin to how TS asked for Baldurdash) to help smooth their inclusion?

In the meantime, I'm gonna keep going with it as is. If nothing else, it means other folks may have a smoother ride in future.

The BWS is a godsend though on the whole, I still have memories of constant crashes in Beregost from way back in trying to do it all manually. The downside is, I guess, the time component and sometimes things getting through that ought not to. I'm not really a fan of Dark Horizons nor of Askaria, Full Plate or Xan Alternative Soundset, I'll say, which tend to sneak through on Tactical or Maximized ones - Full Plate, despite fundementally changing gameplay seemed to be a Tactical one in the past, I think. Trying to manually incorporate additional quest mods in myself, being kind of compulsive about that kind of thing, though lead to a lot of unforseen side effects - Orc As started appearing in Baldur's Gate's early random encounters, impenetrable to non-magical weapons, due to Tomoyo. That and Duergar in Nashkel Mine and Dark Horizon's high level enemy encounters in early game locations like the Gnoll Stronghold leave me unsure what to pick myself. I think I'm starting to figure it out though in regards to content at least.

Edit: Also yeah, I think I did! Mostly the avenger kit seemed to give me some grief in getting it installed, I think. I'll keep on going with the setup til it comes to its end in the meantime! I'm still occasionally getting stuff along the lines of this:

The functionality of this component is either already included
Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table (Tweaks Anthology (pre-release)) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component is already installed
and thus this message is harmless, or the component depends on a mod that's missing. If you don't want to continue after your analysis, you can stop the BiG World
Setup now and resume from this point later.
Enter [c]ontinue or [e].

I think there may be some redundancy?

Edited by Samael, 05 December 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#3348 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

also having issues with Might & Guile just now

These are fixed.

#3349 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:08 PM

I know they are now - I was just mentioning things as they came up, I've been running the setup for a while now.

#3350 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

I think CtB, TDD, SoBH, planar sphere, avenger kit, azengaard tactical encounters and a few others will be OK next time. I updated those patches just a few minutes ago.

I definitely would agree that it's better to start from Recommended and then select specific additional mods that you want, rather than starting from Maximized. But Maximized is *intended* to go smoothly too, at least from an installation perspective (in actual gameplay, Maximized throws balance completely out the window, and you will need to resort to console commands sometimes as we still haven't discovered / solved all of the compatibility issues)..

That Un-Nerfed THAC0 table component 2240 of Tweaks Anthology apparently has REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS checks for both the RoT and TDD install markers. Same for 2250, 2260, 2270, 2280, 2290 (other spell table components). We were missing conflict rules for these in BWS; now added.

@zonx - Rjali's link has been fixed. I've also removed Avi Maya from the BG2EE selection as we don't have EE compatibility patches for it yet. I see ALIEN added it on 2016-09-26 with some other mods, and perhaps overlooked the lack of compatibility; or possibly I've overlooked the patch. Either way, it's out for now. I've also reported the Mirror Image Fix install error (only happens if Spell Revisions #0 is skipped). With subtledoctor's changes and my other recent patch corrections, I think that takes care of everything you reported.

... and that's all from me for the next while, as I'm going to sleep. Samael, thanks for your reports! I hope your next try will go much more smoothly.

Edited by agb1, 05 December 2016 - 09:30 PM.

#3351 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

Thank you so much! I will use the Recommended list next time and then add to it accordingly, but if my struggles with it have helped make it smoother in the future for anyone else, I think my stress with it was worth it in the end. Currently its running through Sword Coast Stratagems on the current setup and it hasn't hiccupped in sometime, at least!

#3352 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

Okay, near completion, its given up for wont of Nightfarer's Item Patcher.

##### Nightfarer's Item Patcher #####
The mod was not found.
After the mod is present, the install may be started another time.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Being that retry and continue do nothing, I'm forced to exit. It does it again when I boot it back up but it never provides me with a link to download it and googling it turns up no such mod. I believe I've come to the end of this setup; I'll be trying a recommended one with whatever I can reconstruct. Thank you for all the assistance! I hope, if nothing, else my reports have helped in bug testing at least!

#3353 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

I don't know if that helps but I have 2 different configurations of mods with only 1 causing the out of memory error. The only mod added on BGEE portion of the game in the one that fail is White NPC.

I'm retesting right now, i'll upload the .ini files if you're interested afterwards.

Edit : Nvm, ran the same config again and I did not have out of memory issue. I may do more testing but i'm not promising anything.

Edited by GrimLefourbe, 06 December 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#3354 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

Okay, near completion, its given up for wont of Nightfarer's Item Patcher.

##### Nightfarer's Item Patcher #####
The mod was not found.
After the mod is present, the install may be started another time.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Being that retry and continue do nothing, I'm forced to exit. It does it again when I boot it back up but it never provides me with a link to download it and googling it turns up no such mod. I believe I've come to the end of this setup; I'll be trying a recommended one with whatever I can reconstruct. Thank you for all the assistance! I hope, if nothing, else my reports have helped in bug testing at least!

No download link needed as you can find it in Fixpack (same for Cre_Patcher - not used in BWS - and Area_Patcher.)

#3355 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:52 AM

Unfortunately, BWS couldn't find it and I'm not sure how to help it, exactly.

#3356 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:54 AM

No idea about that as I am not involved in BWS. I don't really know why it says not found

#3357 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

If you can link me to it, I can add it to the downloads folder; now I've started it up again, it should allow me to find it manually by taking me to the location but now the program is giving me errors when I try.

For those who are working on it, trying to cancel out of (or sometimes trying to continue from, so I can get back to the main set up page) a faulty configuration is giving me "_Depend_SetModState could not activate 1560 = then a mod name.". All I wanted to do was get back to the main menu so I could reset the configuration, having removed a mod that I don't think I ought to have so I could do it again. I don't know what to do, the program seems to be resisting my efforts to use it more and more. I can't even quit out of it, I have to forcibly end the process.

Edited by Samael, 06 December 2016 - 01:01 AM.

#3358 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:02 AM

You can find it inside BiG World Fixpack, _Item_Patcher

About BWS can't say much... I don't use it... this is the reason I don't know why it says not found and how it handles it

Edited by Nightfarer, 06 December 2016 - 01:05 AM.

#3359 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

That's okay! I appreciate you pointing me towards it at least! That would be this, I think? https://kerzenburg.b...loads.php?id=49

Edited by Samael, 06 December 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#3360 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:35 AM

Got another error in the Remove Experience Cap component of Tweaks Anthology.

Spoiler