Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3381 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

I've just pushed a change for BWS to make those warnings just show up in the log instead of being pop-ups, and to suppress them during the extraction phase (so they'll still show up during install as intended) because BWS uses that same code during the extract phase to detect mod folders that are packaged more than one level down in the archive (e.g., the zip file contains a folder structure like mod_by_author_version_xyz/actual_mod_folder/etc.).

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3382 Samael

Samael
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

Everything's installed and the game is running smoothly so far it seems! Yet to encounter an enemy with a potion to drop it seems (I'm wondering if something was increasing the likelihood of common enemies like Hobgoblins carrying them to begin with) but if I get any crashes or if I encounter a spoiled potion, I'll say as much. I think I'll miss some of the weird merchants that some of the loadouts added, though honestly I'll cheat myself in an ammo belt and a scroll case so I won't miss them much, but on the whole I think it'll be alright. Thank you for everything!

#3383 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:03 PM

Hi, I have found some bug in EET installed by BWS. Game crash to desktop when you start fight with Anadramatis in Abazigal Lair. Didn't know where to report this, so i decided to post it here.

My mods list:

Spoiler

#3384 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

Do you see any dialogue from Anadramatis before the crash?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3385 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

Just normal dialogue before fight when you enter to his area. Then he instantly cast defensive spells (smarter mages installed) and after 2-3 seconds game crash.

If you kill him via console before he precast his spells, then everything is fine.

Edited by Etamin, 08 December 2016 - 01:42 PM.

#3386 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Are you also using Spell Revisions?

#3387 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

Nope.

#3388 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

I tried spawning him in my game but no crash, so I will need your help to narrow the crash down to a particular script / block of code.

To see if it is related to the area where he normally spawns, can you spawn him somewhere else, like in the ToB starting area, with C:CreateCreature("dw#abdgy.cre"), and see if it still crashes after a few seconds of combat?

Some other console commands to try (you don't need to spawn the creature first; just copy-paste each line into console):

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ReallyForceSpellRES("spin710", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ForceSpellRES("dw#0w112", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ApplySpellRES("dw#brkin", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ApplySpellRES("dw#mgsee", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ForceSpellRES("dw#0d590", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ForceSpellRES("dw#0d592", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ForceSpellRES("dw#0i694", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ForceSpellRES("dw#0i710", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ForceSpellRES("dw#0w304", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, ForceSpellRES("dw#0w405", Myself))')

C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, SpellNoDecRES("dw#wisg1",Myself))')

Another idea - can you upload your dw#abdgy.bcs from override folder and your dialog.tlk from lang/pl_PL (assuming you are using that one)?

Edited by agb1, 08 December 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#3389 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:40 AM

He crash wherever i spawn him. I used above scripts and it works fine. I noticed Anadramatis summon also genie (Wish spell?) and game crashes 1s after he appears. I attached that 2 files (one is too big, so i had to use sendspace): https://www.sendspace.com/file/1b1404

Attached Files

Edited by Etamin, 09 December 2016 - 01:11 AM.

#3390 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

Is it the first time you meet an enemy who uses Wish maybe? Try consoling in a scroll of Wish and using it. Doesn't atweaks have a component that affects Djinnies?

#3391 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:26 AM

Yes, it was the first time. When i cast Wish myself it works fine.

EDIT: Sendai and Firkraag fights also crash at start so i guess it has something to do with polish translation of SCS mages and clerics component.

Edited by Etamin, 09 December 2016 - 04:37 AM.

#3392 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:36 AM

Let's first confirm the creature's script is at fault. Put the attached empty script in the override folder and see if it still crashes soon after spawn + combat starts.

Attached Files

#3393 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:05 AM

You are using the Fixpack, right?  The Polish translation of SCS is correctly UTF-8 encoded.

Try these:

C:Eval('DisplayStringHead(Player1,26328)')

C:Eval('DisplayStringHead(Player1,25942)')

C:Eval('DisplayStringHead(Player1,226606)')

C:Eval('DisplayStringHead(Player1,226640)')

C:Eval('DisplayStringHead(Player1,230228)')

#3394 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

Yes, i used Fixpack. With your file fight starts, but nothing happens (however Sendai and Firkraag fights still crash). When i use that commands i have this:

Baldr000.jpg

There's [] sign at the end. The same sign is in sentance "rzucone wcze[]niej" - should be "rzucone wcześniej" (precasted) - diacritical mark was replaced (but not in spell names), so for sure something is wrong with codding. 

Edited by Etamin, 09 December 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#3395 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

Hmm.  But no crash.  I'm out of guesses at this point ... I think we will have to resort to the brute force method.  Do you know how to use Near Infinity to recompile a script?  I would take your original bw#abdgy.bcs and delete half of the script and compile, save, re-try.  If no crash, you know the half you deleted contains the problem.  Restore that half, delete the other half, then remove half of the "bad" half and try again.  Repeat until you find the bad block.

#3396 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:41 AM

Bug is in this part:

IF
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("wish","LOCALS")
OR(6)
See(Player1)
See(Player2)
See(Player3)
See(Player4)
See(Player5)
See(Player6)
THEN
RESPONSE #200
SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
SetGlobalTimer("wish","LOCALS",1000)
SpellNoDecRES("dw#wisg1",Myself) // Życzenie
END

In Firkraag fight it's here:

IF
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")
!Global("FiredSequencer","LOCALS",1)
See(Myself)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
SetGlobal("FiredSequencer","LOCALS",1)
DisplayStringHead(Myself,314525) // Sekwencer zakl[][]
ForceSpellRES("dw#0w302",Myself) // Usunięcie magii
ForceSpellRES("dw#0w305",Myself) // Przyspieszenie ruchów
ForceSpellRES("dw#0i710",Myself) // Odchylenie czaru
ReallyForceSpell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),DRAGON_FEAR) // SPIN895.SPL (Smoczy strach)
SetGlobalTimer("dragonbreath","LOCALS",1)
SetGlobalTimer("redefend","LOCALS",3)
Continue()
END

Edited by Etamin, 09 December 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#3397 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

Must be something that happens when the djinni summoned by that spell is in combat with you. You tried casting that spell on yourself already.

If you open dw#wisg1 with NI, you can see what creature it summons and what that creature's script is. Do the same block elimination process with that script.

#3398 Etamin

Etamin
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

Ok, but what with Firkraag fight? He doesn't summon djinni.

#3399 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Maybe a different issue.  We can investigate Firkraag's script the same way:  remove parts of the script until the crash goes away, then narrow it down.  We can edit that particular block to remove a couple of lines - I would focus on the DisplayStringHead and the Spell lines.  You can also try removing the "redefend" timer line, which might be triggering another block.

#3400 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

Just dropped by to say thanks. Dont have time to play right now, but made a recommended instal of EET (version BigWorldSetup-bigworldsetup-dd0bd2d067b9 ), and it installed, with some popups. Started the game on all options (BGEE, DragosSpear, BG2, Throne of Baal) , and it worked.

Many  thanks, gos bless your souls :) .