Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4521 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:46 AM

well no, since i use her as thief only

#4522 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:22 AM

Okay, waited 5 days (travelled a lot) and nothjing changed with the valiant sword quest. And I remember that I go 2 attacks on me after I visited FAI(about 1-2 days after obtaining the sword)

#4523 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

Okay, waited 5 days (travelled a lot) and nothjing changed with the valiant sword quest. And I remember that I go 2 attacks on me after I visited FAI(about 1-2 days after obtaining the sword)

These are two ways to have the Vault's ogre invasion on Gullykin

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4524 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

why I have Global("GullyOgre","GLOBAL",0) set to 2? GullyOgreCount global does not exist .. and GullyOgre is 2 .. so the last line set global will work for me?

#4525 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

why I have Global("GullyOgre","GLOBAL",0) set to 2? GullyOgreCount global does not exist .. and GullyOgre is 2 .. so the last line set global will work for me?

If you have Global("GullyOgre","GLOBAL",2) already then the first wave of the ogre attacks has started, Nothing you need to do. You should encounter groups of ogres now - eastern part of the map or in the village.

The Sandrah Saga

#4526 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

well, but gullykin is empty, there was no ogres until I changed the value to 1

#4527 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

This means it works now?

The Sandrah Saga

#4528 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

This means it works now?

yes, when I changed the value to 1

#4529 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

This means it works now?

yes, when I changed the value to 1

Weird - the only thing in the game that changes the global from 1 to 2 is the spawning of those ogres. So apperently this was a one-time glitch.

The Sandrah Saga

#4530 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

yeah, maybe some random bug.. but it worked fine now :)

#4531 EducatedOaf

EducatedOaf
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

@EducatedOaf:
Did you check your baldur.ini files in both your BG1 and BG2 folder? There are parameters containing paths to the disc content. They need to match your current directories.
Personally, i found using exactly the same install folder as suggested by the installer working best, that is Baldur's Gate for BG1 and BGII - SoA for BG2.
Make also sure to fullfil the requirements (latest patches, create and save a game in EACH BG game) before starting a megamod install

@Rakhu

I'm using GOG, so no ini's. I've done it before this way, so don't know why I'd need ini's.

That wouldn't explain why it's asking for BG2 files for the BG1 directory.

I'm going to try it from the download, clicking the no update shortcut. - That works, but is outdated.

This would seem to indicate that the latest version on git is bugged.

#4532 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

@Rakhu
I'm using GOG, so no ini's.
Well, the thing is, YOU ARE WRONG...
Now, if you have BG1EE with or without the SoD or BG2EE, then there is no .ini, but a lua file in the Windows profile files, it's there in the VANILLA BG1, as well as vanilla BG2 in the game folder, and needs to be there for the BWS to read them and thus find the game files. It's made during the first start of the game... which is why every guide that's properly made mentiones that you need to save the game when you start one.

The .lua in the EE games also set the game's language and is thus especially important as the weidu.exe's the mods use to install themselves need to target the dialog.tlk the game uses. The non-EE games only have one dialog.tlk*, so the .ini doesn't have that info nor need it.

Now, you can get a EE and non-EE BG games from the GoG, so you kinda need to know which your game is, and the store page/GoG-interface will tell you what you have.

*the explanation for this is that it was originally attached to the game patches, so installing the English patch gave you a different file than say the German one, but the GoG includes the patch to the game, "so can only be, one".

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4533 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

@Roxanne I have noticed some odd thing.. Im in cloackwood now, and sandrah initiated dialogue with imoen about henning, telling her that not to loose hope we are close to him.. so this quest works in pretty unnatural way.

#4534 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

@Roxanne I have noticed some odd thing.. Im in cloackwood now, and sandrah initiated dialogue with imoen about henning, telling her that not to loose hope we are close to him.. so this quest works in pretty unnatural way.

Thank you - I found and corrected it. This should only happen if the kidnapping was active but there was a typo in one of the checks, so it would always trigger. Fixed.

Edited by Roxanne, 14 January 2018 - 01:43 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4535 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

np for me its at least opportunity to finish at least in some way the quest :D

#4536 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

Using the latest update of BWS.

When I select the directories for BG1/BG2 I get an error telling me that my install is incomplete.

For BG1:

The "Baldur's Gate" folder you entered does not contain a full installation. The following files are missing:

data\Area000A.bif
data\Area000B.bif
data\Area000C.bif
data\Area000D.bif

Area000x.bif are BG2 files.

For BG2:

The "Baldurs Gate II" folder you entered does not contain a full installation. At least the file CD5\Movies\25movies.bif is missing...

That's a BG1 file.

I presume someone mixed the logic up and BG1 checks for BG2 files and vice versa?

Either that or I totally don't understand this program.

Your error in BG1 means that you have a version without TotSC installed?

The Sandrah Saga

#4537 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

ster Github branch)
* Revised Battles 6.3 (needs testing) This has not been confirmed as compatible
I've been looking for a thread on this to see if there is a bug that can be fixed. I'm not finding anything. The only EET bug I've seen listed for Revised Battles 6.3 is addressed in the Fixpack.

https://github.com/B...dd65b3d5a3647f3
Nihilism makes me smile.

#4538 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

ster Github branch)
* Revised Battles 6.3 (needs testing) This has not been confirmed as compatible
I've been looking for a thread on this to see if there is a bug that can be fixed. I'm not finding anything. The only EET bug I've seen listed for Revised Battles 6.3 is addressed in the Fixpack.

https://github.com/B...dd65b3d5a3647f3

This is not a bug fix. This is a patch to make the mod playable in EET, the pre-requisite to test it. For BWS inclusion, it should be tested and we need to identify dependencies and/or conflicts with other mods, especially tactical mods.

You can just install the mod with the fixpack patch added to it and see if it works.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 January 2018 - 12:34 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4539 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

Hello, how can I enter section in beregost? (Dark Horizons) I found that note south of FAI from the guy I have to kill, davenport maybe, but the house is empy and no enterance.

#4540 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hello, how can I enter section in beregost? (Dark Horizons) I found that note south of FAI from the guy I have to kill, davenport maybe, but the house is empy and no enterance.

Do xou have the key from Davenport that was with the letter?

Check C:GetGlobal("CmDavenportFight","GLOBAL")  it must be 1

Beregost.jpg

This house

Edited by Roxanne, 16 January 2018 - 08:00 AM.

The Sandrah Saga