Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#781 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

I want to say that everytime I selected Item revision amongst my mods, without selecting the ninjato, it was never and I mean never downloaded.
Even the check failed. And when it didn't fail, it only reported me that I had to download the ninjato fix, but bws forgot item revision.

By the way, Bws fails downloading also the ninja-to fix:

http://forums.gibber...c=22692&page=32

Some links are here

Edited by Sergio, 12 October 2014 - 08:08 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#782 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

Some graphic glitches which I found in my test playthrough

Coordinates can be found in the screenshots

doors are closed, if you open them, the graphics are normal.

7wa3qv67.jpg

3du2dtur.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Vlan, 12 October 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#783 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

@Sergio

BWS can't download from mediafire.com, so yes, it never download Item Revision mod.

And when it didn't fail, it only reported me that I had to download the ninjato fix, but bws forgot item revision.

Why you think that it forgot? If the сheck has not failed, then the mod you have available. But BWS doesn't download ninja-to fix, it use ninja-to fix from BW Fixpack. Can you load a screenshot with this BWS request?

@Vlan

Don't know. Maybe it's BGT Graphics Overhaul, maybe not...

#784 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hi. Thx for the excellent installer.

I have a problem though. During install the program tries to download

Strategemv28 fix.rar and stratagem-v28.exe

stratagem-v28.exe it manages to download. But the other file it cannot find. I tried the google the file but I couldnt find anything.

I tried to pin point it. As long as I install the "1000: Initizalize mod" component of the mod it asks for both files.

Any idea how can I find this file?

#785 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:16 PM

Hi. Thx for the excellent installer.

I have a problem though. During install the program tries to download

Strategemv28 fix.rar and stratagem-v28.exe

stratagem-v28.exe it manages to download. But the other file it cannot find. I tried the google the file but I couldnt find anything.

I tried to pin point it. As long as I install the "1000: Initizalize mod" component of the mod it asks for both files.

Any idea how can I find this file?

http://forums.gibber...ic=25893&page=6

It's in one of the posts

#786 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

Should the scsv28 fixes (at the site mentioned above) be installed after the full BWS installation or do you have to apply them at a certain point during the intallation (I just extracted them to the extracted scs28 folder after bws finished extracting the files for the installation)?

Also, the .rar's size which BWS downloads (from a russian site) is 18kb whereas the fixes' above is 112kb.

edit:

BWS is not able to install Baldurs Gate 1 Romantic Encoutners' newest version 1.1

errior without description

Edited by Vlan, 14 October 2014 - 03:01 AM.

#787 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

@Quiet. The ninja-to bug didn't appear anymore.

I've got a suggestion. Why don't you put the branwen + perils of branwen under 1 day npc mod, while moving Branwen by Kulyok inside the true Npc mods?

Edited by Sergio, 14 October 2014 - 06:38 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#788 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

New update:

Fixed:
  • Enabled options for selecting NPCs in Level 1 NPCs.
Updated:
  • Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters, BG2 Tweak Pack, Ding0's Quest Pack, Stratagems Fix and Unfinished Business.
For the future, if someone have a problem with the Stratagems Fix, click on this link and download it manually (at each fix update changes address the attached file, and I do not always have the opportunity to quickly update BWS). After you download a file, do as told Vlan:
I just extracted them to the extracted scs28 folder after bws finished extracting the files for the installation

BWS is not able to install Baldurs Gate 1 Romantic Encoutners' newest version 1.1

errior without description
Thanks, I will look.
I've got a suggestion. Why don't you put the branwen + perils of branwen under 1 day npc mod, while moving Branwen by Kulyok inside the true Npc mods?
Maybe because the first two were there before me, and maybe because the first two contain dialogues 4 kb, while a third - about 200 kb ... I do not remember. )
Probably worth section "One Day NPC mods" should be renamed to "Smaller BG2 NPCs", as it is written in the FAQ to BWS.

#789 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

I managed to install. Thx for the help.

Now I have another problem.

We are starting a new multiplayer game but with importing out old characters.

They are high level characters. And we created a new one and game him xp to be equal to others. But there seems to be some kind of xp cap of 2.949.999 in the starting dungeon. Is this normal?

We used to play long ago (around 2002-2004) over LAN with some minimal modding (BG2Tweaks Pack and fix pack)

We used to finish the ToB and restart at SoA over and over again in the end we hit the Level 50 xp cap. I dont remember such a thing back then. Any ideas?

Note. I am adding component list ini file in a zip archive.

Attached Files

#790 -Vidmaster-

-Vidmaster-

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:01 PM

By the way, the most recent .exe download contains malicious software according to the dreaded Anti-Vir program... Checked out the repo instead, worked as usual. Still, maybe you should check why it detects a trojan there as it might scare away users.

#791 -Creepin unplugged-

-Creepin unplugged-

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

By the way, the most recent .exe download contains malicious software according to the dreaded Anti-Vir program... Checked out the repo instead, worked as usual. Still, maybe you should check why it detects a trojan there as it might scare away users.
Just checked exe with virustotal: the file is 100% clean.

#792 Mouseglove

Mouseglove
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to make a french installation of BWP using BWS, my 3 attempts failed :

1) I checked the mods I wanted to install, including correcfrBG1 and correcfrBG2 which are the first mods installed. It failed and seeing the "Big World Install Debug.txt" file, I thought it was a typo error, so I changed the files and folder names in BG1 to correcfrbg2, not forgetting to edit the .tp2 file. It installed the mod, but the BWS installation failed nonetheless.

2) So I removed the bg1 and bg2 folders, copied the backup, installed the 2 mods beforehand, made another BWS installation making sure that the 2 mods were unchecked (and not in the download folder). It failed again, same debug file.

3) I tried to edit all the files in the BWS folder that contained those 2 mods (like Select.txt, game.ini, mod.ini, etc.) and just removed them. It "worked" since i couldn't select or unselect them before the installation, but the installation failed again... same debug file.

Since I ran out of ideas, I came here seeing if anyone could help me :)

Btw, I have a second problem : I can't select "Secret of Bone Hill", since there is a dependency conflict, but the mod "Turambar fixes tweak" isn't even installed in a french installation. I think I bypassed the problem, editing the "User.ini" file, and the folder "bonehill" is in fact extracted in BG2, but since BWS can't even install the 1st mod, I'm not sure if what I did actually works.

Attached Files

Edited by Mouseglove, 24 October 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#793 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

Uh, the typo is in the script itself. It tries to install the BG2-fix in the BG1-dir, which is wrong.

To fix it, use a text-editor, open BiG World Setup\Includes\09_install.au3.
Go to line 597 and edit this block:
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If $g_MLang[1] = 'FR' And Not StringInStr(FileRead($g_BG1Dir&'\WeiDU.log'), @LF&'~correcfrbg1') And $g_BG1Dir <> '-' Then; first installation
GUICtrlSetData($g_UI_Static[6][2], _GetTR($p_Message, 'L4')); => install textpatch
_Process_ChangeDir($g_BG1Dir, 1)
FileCopy($g_BG2Dir&'\WeiDU\WeiDU.exe', $g_BG1Dir&'\Setup-correcfrbg1.exe', 1)
_Process_Run('Setup-correcfrbg1.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 1', 'Setup-correcfrbg1.exe')
If Not StringInStr(FileRead($g_BG1Dir&'\WeiDU.log'), @LF&'~correcfrbg1') Then
_Misc_MsgGUI(4, _GetTR($p_Message, 'T1'), _GetTR($p_Message, 'L1'), 1, _GetTR($p_Message, 'B1')); => cannot install correcfrbg
Exit
EndIf
_Process_ChangeDir($g_BG2Dir, 1)
EndIf
As I understand, you tried to rename those files, so maybe there was a fault in the process?
As you can see/guess, the edited script would not try to install the patch for BG1 if it would find a line starting with ~correcfrbg1\correcfrbg1.TP2 in the WeiDU.log found in the BG1-folder.

Edited by dabus, 25 October 2014 - 12:32 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#794 Mouseglove

Mouseglove
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

Ah! it was there :) Thanks dabus.

It explains why it kept trying to install the mod despite the fact that I unchecked it (I removed the Weidu.log file on 2nd and 3rd attempts).

But it doesn't explain why making the typo myself didn't solve the problem, it should have... I'll make a 1st attempt correcting the .au3 file, if it fails, [Edit : it failed, the mod is installed but BWS tells me that the Textpatch isn't installed] I'm just going to get rid of that part of the .au3 file and pre-install the mod myself. [Edit : it worked, I installed the textpatch mod for BG1 manually beforehand, and I also had to install the textpatch mod for BG2 manually though]

I think that since there are 2 mods (correcfrbg1 and correcfrbg2), there is a mix-up... But I can't tell what's incorrect in 09_install.au3.

Concerning the dependency conflict with BoneHill, I searched in the .au3 files but found nothing... any clue ?

One more issue, to fix at the next release : at least 3 mods don't have the correct size in the BiG World Setup\Config\BWP\Mod.ini file :

[BG2_Tweaks] : Size should be 5064974

[bg2fixpack] : Size should be 3708033

the addfix for [stratagems] : AddSize should be 125303

Edited by Mouseglove, 24 October 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#795 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

Ok. Been a while since I read weidu.logs, but they don't use \ but a / to separate folders and files. So the check was just wrong in this case (must have been some error like copy and paste from a windows file-system and not correcting that backslash to a slash).

Thanks for finding that little bug.

Edited by dabus, 25 October 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#796 Mouseglove

Mouseglove
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

You're welcome dabus.

But remember that there are 2 mods involved, one for BG1, the other for BG2, and even if the syntax and typos are corrected in 09_install.au3, it only concerns the BG1 mod. For what I saw, the BG2 mod had been erased in the BG2 folder, hence not installed, I had to do it manually just before the install of TobEX. I guess there are more things that need to be corrected.

Considering Bonehill, even if the mod was extracted, it was not installed... Since I have no idea how to edit it to make it work for me, I just removed the depedency line in BiG World Setup\Config\BWP\Game.ini since it won't concern my install.

I leave the corrections to someone who knows what he/she is doing.

And by the way, I first launched BiG World Setup\BiG World Setup.au3 with an up-to-date version of AutoIt. And it didn't worked well, for example as of v3.3.4.0 AdlibEnable/AdlibDisable were replaced with AdlibRegister/AdlibUnRegister hence an error running BWS.

So something like a readme in BWS folder or at least in the FAQ, to tell people to drag the .au3 file and drop it in AutoIt3.exe would make them waist less time wondering why it doesn't work well :)

#797 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:12 AM

The other thing is installed by a generic function used for all weidu-installations and thus has not to be handled specifically.
Just dumped the extracted files in my folder, run the BWS and my German game speaks French now, so do not think that there's some need of correction.

I also tested extraction and it was fine.

Maybe you just missed the vbs that runs the BWS as admin / the bultin text about Windows 7/8 and thus have problems during installation?
I also stuck with the old version of Autoit3 back then since wanted a version that would run on older machines.
A bit later I did not want to go through the process of checking code breaking changes. If someone want's to do that, feel free to do so.

Here are the parts from the extraction / install. (One part, forums software will get confused because of the brackets and ate the spoiler tags if I tried to post in two parts).

Spoiler

Edited by dabus, 25 October 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#798 Mouseglove

Mouseglove
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

run the BWS and my German game speaks French now

Haha, sorry about that :)

Thanks to you, the installation is complete for me, and it went quite smoothly. :new_thumbs:

I don't think I missed the vbs, the only installation problems I got were 

• textpatch typos and syntax, but this one is resolved now ;
  • installation failures due to BWS incapable to read the debug file (happened 4 times, and those failures always occured just after the successful installation of a mod, so I think they are harmless) ;
  • during the installation of the mod "Garrick, tales of a troubadour", I had to manually choose the portrait. I checked my selection file, and the choice of the portrait was already made. So, it may be another little bug.

Concerning AutoIt, I really understand how bothersome it'd be to check and change the code. I just said that to let you know what other issues I encoutered while using BWS :)

Thanks again for all the help.

#799 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

btw, here is the BG1 RE 1.1 installation error.

Spoiler

Edited by Vlan, 30 October 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#800 -dbzfandiego-

-dbzfandiego-

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

Where do I report defunct downloads?