Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1221 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

I feel like the advice is posted 10-20 times in different places. :D
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1222 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

Got it ;-)

I attached the dreaded Red Fist Sabre, is anyone able to verify if it's set to work as the description says (30% stun chance), and in case to correct it? I also attached the effect table screenshot.

I would be grateful, that piece of metal cost me a little fortune and Thunderhammer won't hear about it   :new_bottom:

These are the relevant log entries about this item:

Patching SOAITM29.ITM into store...

Installing [Item Stuff - Duplicate Item Effect Remover] [29122013]
Copying and patching 3890 files ...

SOAITM29.ITM error: Effect #4 (Opcode 233) matches Effect #0! Removing...

The last one is from Lolfixer.

Attached Images

• sabre nearinfinity.png

Attached Files

Edited by Blash2, 14 May 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#1223 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

30% chance, 1 round stun. 

#1224 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

So seems I've just been unlucky until now and just the proficiency had to be corrected. Thanks!

#1225 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

Just had a CTD. Attaching files.. any clues? Should I post it in the TobEx thread?

Attached Images

• ctd.jpg

Attached Files

#1226 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

For the mantainers of the project: I have repacked the Stone of Askavar archive replacing the bugged Red Fist Sabre file. In a few words I replaced it with the one modified by me with Near Infinity with the correct proficiency field (long sword).

Since BWS doesn't accept the modified archive because the checksum is different, can you please make it accept this new version too? Or well, any solution to automatically apply the fix and thus avoid manually editing and placing the new file in the override folder would be good.

I'm attaching also the .itm file.

Attached Files

Edited by Blash2, 14 May 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#1227 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

Since BWS doesn't accept the modified archive because the checksum is different ...
You can choose to provide the files yourself and then do so... or you could edit the file size marker... the former of course is easier.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1228 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

Or add / make a pause and install yourself.

#1229 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

Um. It would be really nice if we would fix the Big World Setup as people find bugs. I would rather not suffer the same bug as blash2!

#1230 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

First thing I'm posting the corrected file in the Stone of Askavar forum. I hope they'll repackage themselves. But I don't have great hopes since the mod seems to be (temporarily?) abandoned. 
http://www.baldursga...hp?topic=8269.0

Otherwise you could add a new mod: "Blash fix for Stone of Askavar Red Fist Sabre"  :P

Something should be done, the bug was already reported in 2010: http://www.shsforums...ms/#entry494986

The weapon is nice, something that makes up for the lacking of the Stupefier Mace from EE. I'd add a graphic effect tho, because there isn't even a message in the dialogue box saying that the target has been stunned, it's quite hard to realize.

Um. It would be really nice if we would fix the Big World Setup as people find bugs. I would rather not suffer the same bug as blash2!

I agree, but luckily Silent_AC (Quiet here) is already taking care of some of the flaws I'm reporting :)

Regarding NSCPortraits:

Open the Setup-NSCPortraits.tp2 with an editor, search for 1300 and you can edit this block

BEGIN ~Portraits for Tower of Deception~
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~VA#TIAN.cre~ ~You haven't installed ToD, skip this component~
DESIGNATED 1300

If adding the bold .cre does not help, removing the line with thar require statement should help.

Would you consider it as one of the next commits? :)

Edited by Blash2, 14 May 2015 - 04:44 PM.

#1231 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

I dunno if the BWS should be a hotfix for mods.
If Quit/Alien want to do it, I won't stop them but I usually left that for others maintainers.
Its getting more unclear which package fix what if you need a mod, modders fix, BWP fixpack and the BWS to make mods work. I wasn't good enough to know if I'd make things worse. And some modders are kind of allergic to fixing their stuff if they don't approve or had some intention that did not need a fix.

#1232 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

And for all this already exists "official" topics, where is possible doing bugreports or upload your fixes.

http://www.shsforums...-fixpack-thread

http://www.shsforums...the-big-fixpack

#1233 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:55 PM

Sadly Lollorian is not active anymore - and i think the Bigg has also left. We need someone with high enough modding knowledge who would maintain at least one of those fixpacks :(

#1234 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:58 AM

And for all this already exists "official" topics, where is possible doing bugreports or upload your fixes.
http://www.shsforums...-fixpack-thread
http://www.shsforums...the-big-fixpack

I will do that, but as you all can see, those threads are quite dead and many important contributors left. Some other solution has to be found, for the project's sake.

I noticed that the master branch is being updated on Bitbucket; are all the commits from EET being merged as well? What are the differences between the two branches now?

Edited by Blash2, 15 May 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#1235 -agnes-

-agnes-

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:37 AM

Just had a CTD. Attaching files.. any clues? Should I post it in the TobEx thread?

I have the same error! And I can't seem to fix it. But I have it every time I click "new game". Is it the same for you?

I made a thread about it here: http://www.shsforums...click-new-game/

It must be a current mod that does this because I have never had such an error and I have successfully played BWS games many times before.

#1236 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

I have the same error! And I can't seem to fix it. But I have it every time I click "new game". Is it the same for you?

I made a thread about it here: http://www.shsforums...click-new-game/

It must be a current mod that does this because I have never had such an error and I have successfully played BWS games many times before.

It occurred during a battle with some gibberlings. I'm trying an install without 1PP high quality music, but not knowing what was the cause is something I don't like.
So you tell me that an entire playthrough without this kind of error is possible..

#1237 -agnes-

-agnes-

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:02 AM

So you tell me that an entire playthrough without this kind of error is possible..

Of course. Baldur's Gate is a stable game in general (for me at least). Both vanilla and with mods. The only mod that has crashed this game for me earlier is SpellPack. It crashed my game randomly in combat. So I don't use that. Now, something crashes my game at a new game and it has never happened before.

#1238 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

Excellent point. This topic seems to come back occasionally. And the preferable solution is: BWS cannot add "yet another global fix pack" to fix mod bugs. There is BiG World Fixpack which should be only one source of fixes for all mods. BWS maintainers/people from this community can contribute to it by sending email to Leonardo. My only wish is there should a better way of cooperation.

I don't mind theoretically that we email Leonardo and Leonardo updates the BWP fixpack. How well does this process work? How timely is it? What I like about Big World Setup is that it's least being worked on by multiple people and consistent changes are being made. Big World Fixpack is dependent on one person and is more likely to lead to delays.

Could we consider temporary fixes until it was included in the Big World Fixpack? It seems very disempowering otherwise.

#1239 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

*duplicate post*

Edited by Blash2, 15 May 2015 - 05:53 AM.

#1240 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

*duplicate post*

Edited by Blash2, 15 May 2015 - 05:36 AM.