Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1181 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:18 AM

Issue with the Widescreen mod...

Seems to me that your install didn't give the inputs into the install... the BWS should ask you what settings to set to the Widescreen mod to during the initial setup phases, and those are then inserted via a file during the install... seems to me that that didn't occur.

By this logic, it's clear that you can just manually install the mod and give the values ... so yeah, it's totally ok... it could take a few extra megabits as you installed the Generalized Biffing before the Widescreen mod, but that just a few extra files in your override folder, shouldn't matter that much if you have a computer that was made during this decade.

Edited by The Imp, 11 May 2015 - 08:32 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1182 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

Issue with the Widescreen mod...

Seems to me that your install didn't give the inputs into the install... the BWS should ask you what settings to set to the Widescreen mod to during the initial setup phases, and those are then inserted via a file during the install... seems to me that that didn't occur.

By this logic, it's clear that you can just manually install the mod and give the values ... so yeah, it's totally ok... it could take a few extra megabits as you installed the Generalized Biffing before the Widescreen mod, but that just a few extra files in your override folder, shouldn't matter that much if you have a computer that was made during this decade.

The resolution fields where correctly filled during the last phase of the setup.. 1366 and 768. So, seems definitely a bug of the latest release (commits by Silent_AC). About my computer, it's a notebook with an AMD A8-3510MX processor, high performance 8 GB Corsair RAM and, above all, a fast SSD. So I think that performances won't be affected  ^_^

Thanks for the reply.

#1183 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

5) Almost forgetting. Every time I quit the game, I get this:
I would remember that if you start the game(right click the BGMain.exe -properties, Compatibility: Privilege level ->) within "Run this program as an administrator" -mode ticked and this error shouldn't happen, or at very worst using it in the Windows XP compatibility mode. Or you could disable the compatibility administrator, or turn it down and see if it helps... cut it's stomach and make them boots. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 11 May 2015 - 10:38 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1184 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

5) Almost forgetting. Every time I quit the game, I get this:
I would remember that if you start the game(right click the BGMain.exe -properties, Compatibility: Privilege level ->) within "Run this program as an administrator" -mode ticked and this error shouldn't happen, or at very worst using it in the Windows XP compatibility mode.

"Run this program as an administrator" was already flagged, but XP compatibility solved the problem, thanks!!  :clap:

#1185 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

AC_Quest - Uh, you didn't select ascalons questpack, AC_QUEST=0 is located underneath [DeSave], so it's not selected.
You also don't have any entries with ascalon or AC_QUEST in your install-log. Same goes for JA#BGT_AdvPack.
So there's nothing to debug. At least it seems like Jarls BGT Tweak Pack used English.
Note that WeiDU uses the first language if the second and third are somehow screwed/not available as a valid selection. So if you say language 2 and for WeiDU there is only 0, it will force you to select 0. So it's not necessarily a fault of the BWS but could be something else.

NSCPortraits has a messed up tp2, which looks for VA#TIAN (without the .cre at the end). That error was reported but it seems like the update that was mentioned by the author has not made it into the downloadable version.

Widescreen - Well, something might have went wrong with stdin/stdout reading or the cmd went nump or something else... since it's the last mod, try to install it manually. Should have stopped and complained though...

Edited by dabus, 11 May 2015 - 02:31 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1186 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

Ascalons Questpack and Jarls BGT Adventure Pack, altough marked with "[EN]" and installed with English selected, are in German. I found out when I started meeting German speaking bunches of NPCs

Not the first time I see such reports, but I can not understand how in the game undertakes the German text. I need more information. Can you tell which of the NPCs speaks in German and what he says, or show a screenshot?

The Item Randomiser mod asks to input, during the install procedure, the percentage of items not to be randomised, pausing the install process. Letting the user input this value while chosing components would avoid this.

I can only add a few of prepared answers (5, 10, 15, 20, 25). Enable the user input this value in advance is not possible (at least for me).

#1187 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

Ascalons Questpack and Jarls BGT Adventure Pack, altough marked with "[EN]" and installed with English selected, are in German. I found out when I started meeting German speaking bunches of NPCs

Not the first time I see such reports, but I can not understand how in the game undertakes the German text. I need more information. Can you tell which of the NPCs speaks in German and what he says, or show a screenshot?

I do remember there was a problem with the ja#merc3.d.patch (BWP Textpack English) not applying due to a new Fixpack patch (ja#merc3.d.patch) but we're talking about some time ago (BWP 14).

Since then the Textpack English patch has been modified accordingly and works as expected.

Edited by Nightfarer, 12 May 2015 - 01:01 AM.

#1188 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:26 AM

AC_Quest - Uh, you didn't select ascalons questpack, AC_QUEST=0 is located underneath [DeSave], so it's not selected.
You also don't have any entries with ascalon or AC_QUEST in your install-log. Same goes for JA#BGT_AdvPack.
So there's nothing to debug. At least it seems like Jarls BGT Tweak Pack used English.
Note that WeiDU uses the first language if the second and third are somehow screwed/not available as a valid selection. So if you say language 2 and for WeiDU there is only 0, it will force you to select 0. So it's not necessarily a fault of the BWS but could be something else.

I didn't install those two mods last time right because of the language problem.

I can't provide any screenshot, but I wrote down the names of the NPCs to be able to investigate which mod they came from: Ygnatz in Friendly Arm Inn, a party of three NPCs in Beregost (Agnus, Udolf and.. or should I say "und" XD Teliel) and Frau Brunnenstein in Nashkel.

Are you sure that both mods are actually available in English? Having a look at their web pages it would seem not..

I can only add a few of prepared answers (5, 10, 15, 20, 25). Enable the user input this value in advance is not possible (at least for me).

I think that prepared answers would be cool. Or, even better, prepared answers OR the possibility to input a custom value later. In this way you have the maximum freedom: input a pre-set value or input a custom value later during install.
 I do remember there was a problem with the ja#merc3.d.patch (BWP Textpack English) not applying due to a new Fixpack patch (ja#merc3.d.patch) but we're talking about some time ago (BWP 14).
Since then the Textpack English patch has been modified accordingly and works as expected.
I encountered the problem with an about 10 days old version of BWP.

About Aurora Patch: the mod can be installed without its primary component (as explained in the mod homepage), but BWP asks you to install the patch anyway and fails during the install (skipped because main component is missing). I think some dependencies have to be adjusted here.

P.S.: The editing system of this forum is chaotic evil.

Edited by Blash2, 12 May 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#1189 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:48 AM

About Jarls BGT Adventure Pack 0.6.1 I confirm you that BWP Textpack English patches apply without troubles.

And yes, english is supported via BWP Textpack English.

#1190 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:56 AM

So yesterday I completed a tactics based installation of BWS. And noticed on starting the game that widescreen mod had not been installed. Seeing what happened earlier in the thread I decided to investigate instead of just dismissing it as a fluke.

Did a Minimal installation of BWP with Widescreen mod added. When it finished, started it up. No widescreen mod.

In the Install Debug:

##### Widescreen Mod #####
### 0000: Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod ###
Ready for installation
WeiDU.exe "Setup-BWS_Final.tp2" --game "." --language 0 --force-install-list 0 --quick-log --log "Setup-BWS_Final.Debug"
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 23800

Installing [Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible]

etc

So it gets called for installation

But here is my weidu.log in full:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 23800
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 20150510 - Updated by Silent
~SETUP-BWFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG World Fixpack v15.7z
~SETUP-BWTRIMPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG World Trimpack v14.0.2.7z
~SETUP-BWINSTALLPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BiG World Installpack v15.0.2.7z
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10 BWP Fix
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10 BWP Fix
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.18 (28 Apr 13) BWP Fix
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)
~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU: 9 (22 Mar 13)
~SETUP-RES_FIXER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Resource Fixer: v1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible

Something is definitly going on here.

Edited by Tzarnal, 12 May 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#1191 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

Can you upload the whole BiG World debug.txt file in a .zip file ? Or whatever the file is called... so I can see what's what.

#1192 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:27 AM

Here is an archieve of the whole BWS Log directory and the weidu.log.

https://dl.dropboxus...201505121323.7z

#1193 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

Copy attached Select.txt to ".\BiG World Setup\Config\BWP" and try to install Widescreen mod again.

Edited by Quiet, 12 May 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#1194 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:09 AM

About Jarls BGT Adventure Pack 0.6.1 I confirm you that BWP Textpack English patches apply without troubles.

And yes, english is supported via BWP Textpack English.

So it seems that the problem comes from Ascalons Questpack? Any of you know where the NPCs I reported come from? I would gladly add back one of these two mods when I find out where exactly is the problem..

Another question: would it be possible, maybe through a component selection, not to install the added spells from Dark Side of the Sword Cost? They just don't fit in from a PnP perspective.

#1195 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

Copy attached Select.txt to ".\BiG World Setup\Config\BWP" and try to install Widescreen mod again.

installing from that Select.txt properly installed the Widescreen mod.

#1196 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

I restored the backup, did a "Minimum" install selecting only Ascalons Questpack and Jarls BGT Adventure Pack. All the NPCs that spoke German now speak English. I don't understand what went wrong.. Maybe that time I used the 2015-03-02 version in the "Downloads" folder which has this bug? Or maybe a a bad interaction with another mod? I'm scared to make another 3 hours full install just to discover that the bug is still there..

Another question: I'm starting a BGT no-reload playthrough, and I want to avoid any critical bugs. According to your opinion, is Northern Tales of the Sword Coast safe and stable enough? I mean without anything that will force me to reload or wipe away my CHARNAME in strange and unpredicable ways. I read about some bugs and I'm not completely convinced. I also know that its creator abandoned the project some years ago.
I need the same advice for Secret of Bone Hill.

Edit: New version of BWP posted right now, commit says "Fixed stupid error with Widescreen" XD
Latest commits: https://bitbucket.or...compare-commits
This seems not to have been addressed (but as I understood depends on the author of the mod):
3) If you select "Portraits for Tower of Deception", this component will not be installed. This is what you get: 
You haven't installed ToD, skip this component
Portraits for Tower of Deception (BGT NPC Portraits) was skipped.

That is not true, in fact I *did* install ToD.

Edit2: Any way to make donations?

Edited by Blash2, 12 May 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#1197 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

BWS currently has only two options available for installing TB#Tweaks component 3600 WSPATCK for all; there should be 3 options.

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix

is missing.

Also, Item Randomizer component #510 // Randomly not randomise items needs an input for percentage chance that items are not randomized; currently BWS offers no input option.

Edited by Ithildur, 12 May 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#1198 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Also, Item Randomizer component #510 // Randomly not randomise items needs an input for percentage chance that items are not randomized; currently BWS offers no input option.

Are you sure? Have you checked this? https://bitbucket.or...2bf03?at=master

@510=Randomly not randomise items
+@510?1_5=5% of items not randomise
+@510?1_10=10% of items not randomise
+@510?1_15=15% of items not randomise
+@510?1_20=20% of items not randomise
+@510?1_25=25% of items not randomise

Another question: I'm starting a BGT no-reload playthrough, and I want to avoid any critical bugs. According to your opinion, is Northern Tales of the Sword Coast safe and stable enough? I mean without anything that will force me to reload or wipe away my CHARNAME in strange and unpredicable ways. I read about some bugs and I'm not completely convinced. I also know that its creator abandoned the project some years ago.
I need the same advice for Secret of Bone Hill.

Please, somebody answer me, I just need this to start my big game :-P

Edited by Blash2, 12 May 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#1199 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

Regarding NSCPortraits:

Open the Setup-NSCPortraits.tp2 with an editor, search for 1300 and you can edit this block
BEGIN ~Portraits for Tower of Deception~
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~VA#TIAN.cre~ ~You haven't installed ToD, skip this component~
DESIGNATED 1300

If adding the bold .cre does not help, removing the line with thar require statement should help.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1200 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

I had Northern tales of the sword coast installed with secret of bone hill as well as tdd ctb sos and ts way back. I had no crashes or anything.