Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1601 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

Fresh install of the original BG/TOSC/SOA/TOB game on a dedicated 50GB partition, selected english, standard ...

So let's assume you installed the BG1 and BG2 in different folders, yeah. The thing is, there's other selections in the currently up to date BWS you can retrieve from here, than just do not fit into that description: I am talking about this selection:

2d7812e.jpg

Ninjaed, twice. :P Or just ones. Hmm. dabus you monster.

Edited by The Imp, 30 October 2015 - 10:02 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1602 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

Looks like it's going now - thanks!

#1603 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:59 AM

Hey friends =)   I've been away from the Baldur's Gate scene for awhile but recently came back to it. I noticed that the mod for BG1EE that restored the original cutscenes is no longer available in the BWS. Was there a reason it was removed? I kinda preferred them over the EE ones.

EDIT: Nvm. Question answered.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 02 November 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#1604 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:56 AM

Hello!
Could I ask some questions?
1. Where can I find the latest version of BWS?
2. When I installing the first time the BWS showed me incomprehensible letters. I thougt that it was the problem with coding, so I tried to change it in notepad++ but it didn't work. Has anybody ever faced problems like that?
For example:
"Copying and patching 4936 files ...

бван®въа [ЋЇыв за звхнЁх ващных заъ«ЁнанЁщ] [v7.1]

ы х®вЁвх Ї®«узавм ®Їыв:
1) в®«мъ® Ї®б«х убЇхшн®г® ъ®«¤®вбвва
2) Ё Ї®б«х убЇхшн®г® ъ®«¤®вбвва, Ё Ї®б«х Їа®ва«а заъ«ЁнанЁщ

вх¤Ёвх ®Їыв, Ї®«узах¬ыщ за звхнЁх заъ«ЁнанЁщ 1 уа®внп"

Edited by Arm-chair, 02 November 2015 - 08:10 PM.

#1605 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:29 AM

1. Where can I find the latest version of BWS?

Here's the link. That will always take you to the latest archive file.
You could try and change the languages in selection screen to select only English mods, it should help, but I can't say for sure it will work.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1606 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:32 AM

Thank you! And the One Drizzt is included?

Edited by Arm-chair, 02 November 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#1607 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:35 AM

I have added support for several mods in my local copy of BWS. I am working out some kinks with EET too.

bg1aerie (aerie in bg:ee)
Might and Guile 1.3.1
NPC_EE 1.3
Faiths and Powers 0.2.1 beta
Item Rev v4 beta
Spell Rev v4 beta
BWP Fixpack

I will submit these to the BWS project soon.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#1608 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

I have added support for ... BWP Fixpack

Wasn't it supported since forever? :huh:

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#1609 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

What I meant was that BWS hasn't been applying the BWP Fixpack for BG2EE installs.  And with EET, it's even more complicated because we want to run it twice in two different places; first for the BGEE mods before EET conversion and then again for BG2EE mods before we start installing them after EET.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#1610 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

What I meant was that BWS hasn't been applying the BWP Fixpack for BG2EE installs.  And with EET, it's even more complicated because we want to run it twice in two different places; first for the BGEE mods before EET conversion and then again for BG2EE mods before we start installing them after EET.

I see, thanks! :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#1611 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

Please note this addition to the Sandrah mods for BWS/BWP

http://www.shsforums...ng/#entry582034

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1612 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:47 AM

Currently having an issue with the Divine Remix mod. Specifically getting the 'Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia' component to work. Tried it on two separate installs. First one she ended up as a Holy Strategist of the Red Knight, and in the second (current) install she's a Battleguard of Tempus.

Here's my WeiDU, debug, etc. If anyone could help me identify the problem I'd really appreciate it! :)

Attached File  WeiDU.log   17.34K   155 downloads

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   18.06K   122 downloads

Edited by Ser Elryk, 03 November 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#1613 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:55 AM

@Subtledoctor (author of the NPC_EE mod) has mentioned that the Divine Remix components that change kits need updating. He added components to the NPC_EE mod that do the same thing as the Divine Remix kit change components, so you can use his mod to apply those kits correctly. It is available from Github and can be installed manually at the end of your current installation.

#1614 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:19 AM

@agb1 Thanks, I'll give that a try.

#1615 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:34 AM

Erhm, though I am not a Russian expert.. ha ha ha, see the joke is I can't even understand one word of the text, erhm forum freak out, sorry for quoting in picture:
But this:
6qjer8.jpg
And the very end of the agb1's changes, the squarer ??? become something completely different:
2rbz71s.jpg
It could be the german codepage agb1 is using or ... or I have no single idea. See, I am not a Russian. :D
And not understanding the whole page completely, as not being a diff tool myself ... :P ... the lines has probably been fixed already.

@ALIEN: Yes, we'll try to appreciate everything agb1 does... and all the new contributors.
Where do we pick these people up, I have no idea, but it's great all the same.

Edited by The Imp, 04 November 2015 - 02:51 AM.

#1616 -Your Name-

-Your Name-

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:09 AM

Could it be that you're simply missing a font pack for Cyrillic alphabet, Imp?

#1617 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

That's unlikely simply because the red has what's supposed to likely be Cyrillic, but it's not there in the green. Aka it's completely coded differently in the green, which is the alarming factor !

If you also note, the German gain the umlaut form of the 'u' from one of the question marks... ü ... leading to the conclusion that agb1 is using the German codepage alone, and from what I understand from the .tra-fication, that's actually the incorrect way.

Edited by The Imp, 08 November 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#1618 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:00 AM

I have been using Bitbucket's online interface to modify files.  Sometimes I see Cyrillic characters there  sometimes I see strange symbols.  Because I sometimes see Cyrillic correctly, I am not sure if the problem is on my end or if actually some of the RU translations in the files I am copy-pasting were not correct before I got there (example:  p5tweaks.ini).  I will try to be more careful going forward about overwriting RU translation lines in existing files.

#1619 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

Two new pull requests pending BWS merge:

- Fix PaintBG for EE installation (used Windows CMD scripting to append new portraits to bgee.sql so they are selectable when creating a new character)

- Add Klatu Fixes and Tweaks

#1620 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the advice.  I will try SourceTree.

Also, just submitted update to BWS for Might and Guile v1.4.1.